The absolute need for proper preparation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The absolute need for proper preparation

I know we Iranians say this all the time, but this upcoming season, the national team and the clubs (especially) must prepare properly.
    Unfortunately due to the stupidity of IFF and AFC, the schedules for Asia are f***ed up, especially with regards to the Asian Champions league which is timed to benefit the East Asian teams, as ideally the tournament should be held in the same manner as its European version. (Fall-Winter).

This year we will probably have 4 teams in Asian Champions League. These 4 will also participate in the Persian Gulf Cup and Jame Hazfi. Its not crazy to think at least 10-12 players will be called up from those teams to the national team. Fitness will be of utmost importance.
    On top of the club game we will have world cup qualification matches. This will really become noticeable in March when all these tournaments will be played.
    Imagine a Persepolis player may have to play a league game, a ACL game, a WCQ match, and a Hazfi Cup game in the span of a few days. If we are grouped with a Australian club or its national team away matches alone will drain the team with travel.

Of course we could always just shut down the league for a while so we don't damage our national team, but its not professional.\

I say most of the responsibility lies with the clubs. Each team must prepare its teams to be able to play 60 matches for the season. Maybe even more. Unfortunately we have very few good fitness trainers in Iran besides people like Komasi. If our players are injured, tired, not ready physically then the friendlies and tactics won't matter.

if history is any indication, IFF and our clubs, at least Perspolis and esteghlal that are abused by I.R., will not be prepared for the next season....IFF might do better for TM though if they actually do keep their word and set up the friendlies and camps they promised.
    sigpic
    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Working...
    X