X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL
    "only" ??????
    really? I said that ?

surely u guys cant expect me to re-write the same views over n over !
    read :
    http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=60326
    as well as some posts in this thread.

maybe then you wouldnt say "only" or you'd know what I mean by "played poorly" ( actually it was HORRIBLY )
    the boxer who gets knocked down a few times by flyweight boxers, before going to meet the heavyweights, is called "poor".
    if you play kids & the kids beat you even in half their attempts, your game is called "poor", especially if you're supposed to be in the adults league.

if after all these threads & posts some of u are not convinced , and u refuse to watch the games too ( LOL ) , then I cant help you .... look somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Good View Post
      I noticed something today in Germany vs. Turkey that might be relevant to this discussion, if you haven't watched the game then DON'T continue reading here.

Today Lahm, the best LB in Germany got dribbled so many times by the Turkish players in germany, and one of those resulted in a goal. Can we say Lahm is a bad LB. keep in mind that Lahm is also like Zareh, a converted player from the right side and in fact is a right footer.

On the other hand, I can't not say that Lahm also scored the winning goal for Germany later.

Comment

^ there are 2 issues here.

1- issue one: is Lahm being blamed for the goal scored?
        if so, then you explanation above shd tell ppl the blame cannot be put on one player. and rightfully too.
        lack of cover, as is explained here, and others not doing their duties as they shd, led to the goal.
        that is seen in "TEAM-level" fact finding.

2- issue two: on individual level, however, Lahm was beaten by his opposite. and he wasnt able to block or intercept his mark.

( so, can he solely be blamed for the goal? NO. but did he come up the loser in the 1 on 1 situation? yes )

had it been a better defender, perhaps he'd have prevented the turk from passing him so easily.
        but then again, had it been a pure defender instead of lahm, germany wouldnt have scored the goal.

----------

so would the coach go with a solid defender ? and when, under what circumstances?
        or would he go with a more useful attacking back, who helps in team's offense? under which circumstances?

I guess that depends on the opposing team, the needs and targets for any given game, and other criteria pertaining to the game. coz you dont find many defenders who are excellent attackers as well.
        so each game and situation requires a specific choice that fits the goals set for that particular game.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
          2- issue two: on individual level, however, Lahm was beaten by his opposite. and he wasnt able to block or intercept his mark.
          Sure, but you won't find a defender who will never be beaten by his opponent. That's why you don't take such a risk an double if possible.

Comment

Working...
          X