Kia, Karimi, Hashemian, Rahman Rezai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kia, Karimi, Hashemian, Rahman Rezai

I don't follow the football closely these days, but can someone tell me why none of these three players aren't even invited to the TM? Is it the player choice to not take part in TM (which I really doubt), or head coach selection?

Saw the list for the West Asian championship and to my surprise no name of Kia, Hashemian or Rahman Rezai or Ali Karimi. If this has anything to do with khoordeh hesab tasfeeyeh kardan of the past, it would be really really disappointing.

I always beleived TM needs to focus more on the local player and less on the legioners, so I hope Mr. Daie has the same in mind, rather than other issues!!!

I hate to create more side shows, but I think these three players, at least have the level to be invited to the TM, if not being starter.

Anyone who has information about this issue, please inform me. I don't want to turn this thread into a thread toward criticizing the head coach or anything like that. Daie is the head coach, regardless of we like it or not. Just trying to gather facts about this issue not opinions.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

I don't know why they are not invited. However, I've always thought that the legionairs should not be called up for useless tournaments and first round qualification games against weak sides.

Kia, Karimi and co have been called up for all TM matches and you can see that now, they are "old" 30-year players, having all sorts of fitness problems.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by police in helicopter View Post
      I don't know why they are not invited. However, I've always thought that the legionairs should not be called up for useless tournaments and first round qualification games against weak sides.

Kia, Karimi and co have been called up for all TM matches and you can see that now, they are "old" 30-year players, having all sorts of fitness problems.
      I totally agree with your post about they dont' need to get invited for useless games. But we start second round qualifications against KSA in Sep if I am not mistaken right? If they dont' play at least in WAFF with the team, how can they get coordinated with the team?
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

time and again we have been proven teams that lack one of the two major factors: youth energy & experience, are destined to fail.

too old a team ( like sweden, Italy, ... ) and you're out on ur arse.
        too young & inexperienced a team ( like russia ) and you're still out on ur arse.

as for the players, I'd pick only karimi and kia, based on what we have, where these players are at and our needs.

Rahman's absence can be filled with the likes of aghili, hosseini and bengar, and hopefully with an in form nosrati.
        this, I'm sure of.

VH hasnt been in form anyway and during his recent TM games he was a very average striker with poor strike rate. seeing that we have the likes of khalili, meydavoodi, rezaei, ... I wouldnt worry too much about his absence either.

Kia is in a better shape than VH.
        in Kia's position also, we arent using the right players.
        one day ando ( who doesnt fit the bill ), one day sadeghi ( who is totally out of form ), one day shojaei ( whose capabilities are reduced there).
        we also have a coach with a thick black list who refuses to call up the player whose game is very close to Kia's; kazemian.
        so, I'd say we need kia.

Karimi also has been playing well lately and I think everyone agrees he is prefered to jabbari or shojaei or sadeghi or zandi, for the role.

so I'd like to see them in TM's final 23 man squad.
        starting line up, however, is a different matter which shd be selected based on MERIT and FORM ( not familiarity, bias, personal grudges or where the player plays ).

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
          time and again we have been proven teams that lack one of the two major factors: youth energy & experience, are destined to fail.

too old a team ( like sweden, Italy, ... ) and you're out on ur arse.
          too young & inexperienced a team ( like russia ) and you're still out on ur arse.

as for the players, I'd pick only karimi and kia, based on what we have, where these players are at and our needs.

Rahman's absence can be filled with the likes of aghili, hosseini and bengar, and hopefully with an in form nosrati.
          this, I'm sure of.

VH hasnt been in form anyway and during his recent TM games he was a very average striker with poor strike rate. seeing that we have the likes of khalili, meydavoodi, rezaei, ... I wouldnt worry too much about his absence either.

Kia is in a better shape than VH.
          in Kia's position also, we arent using the right players.
          one day ando ( who doesnt fit the bill ), one day sadeghi ( who is totally out of form ), one day shojaei ( whose capabilities are reduced there).
          we also have a coach with a thick black list who refuses to call up the player whose game is very close to Kia's; kazemian.
          so, I'd say we need kia.

Karimi also has been playing well lately and I think everyone agrees he is prefered to jabbari or shojaei or sadeghi or zandi, for the role.

so I'd like to see them in TM's final 23 man squad.
          starting line up, however, is a different matter which shd be selected based on MERIT and FORM ( not familiarity, bias, personal grudges or where the player plays ).
          The issue isn't that they are starter or on the bench, it is just mere invitation. If Daie is purposely ignoring these players, it will be a huge disservice to himself (as the head coach of the team) in the first place, because it weakens the team.

As far as Hashemian, with the lack of quality we have in our forward line, even the dead body of Hashemian (not pun intended about Enayti's comment after the world cup) on the field is more usful than the current forward (Enayati included).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
            I don't follow the football closely these days, but can someone tell me why none of these three players aren't even invited to the TM? Is it the player choice to not take part in TM (which I really doubt), or head coach selection?
            Saw the list for the West Asian championship and to my surprise no name of Kia, Hashemian or Rahman Rezai or Ali Karimi. If this has anything to do with khoordeh hesab tasfeeyeh kardan of the past, it would be really really disappointing.
            I always beleived TM needs to focus more on the local player and less on the legioners, so I hope Mr. Daie has the same in mind, rather than other issues!!!
            I hate to create more side shows, but I think these three players, at least have the level to be invited to the TM, if not being starter.
            Anyone who has information about this issue, please inform me. I don't want to turn this thread into a thread toward criticizing the head coach or anything like that. Daie is the head coach, regardless of we like it or not. Just trying to gather facts about this issue not opinions.
            It does not appear that Kia or Hashemian are too upset about all these either..and I do not see them minding...nor do I see them haveing doubt about being invited.....
            How ever, ali jaan, these 4 and madanchi , could make a big difference.....
            But, I may be not exactly sold on Daei yet...but I do not see any problems with his selections yet...
            Hashemian : has asked not to be invited.
            Kia : was injured, and does not need much trainaing with TM .
            Rahman : did it to himself.....
            Karimi : has not endorsed daie yet, nor daei liked President and poleticians interfiering in his business.
            But, I am yet to understand what is it with madanchi....some say, daei believes he is a distraction.
            .................................................. .................
            If there is any time we do not need our big Guns, it is right now.....

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
              It does not appear that Kia or Hashemian are too upset about all these either..and I do not see them minding...nor do I see them haveing doubt about being invited.....
              How ever, ali jaan, these 4 and madanchi , could make a big difference.....
              But, I may be not exactly sold on Daei yet...but I do not see any problems with his selections yet...
              Hashemian : has asked not to be invited.
              Kia : was injured, and does not need much trainaing with TM .
              Rahman : did it to himself.....
              Karimi : has not endorsed daie yet, nor daei liked President and poleticians interfiering in his business.
              But, I am yet to understand what is it with madanchi....some say, daei believes he is a distraction.
              .................................................. .................
              If there is any time we do not need our big Guns, it is right now.....
              The issue isn't that they mind or not, the issue is when we play KSA or South Korea in Seoul or North Korea in Peyong Yang, we need people who can impact the game.

Remember Hashemain goal in Seoul in the 93rd minute in AFC qualification? Not many current IPL forwards can score a goal like that.

I didn't understand your last comment btw "If there is any time we do not need our big Guns, it is right now.....". If they don't practice with the team and get coordinated with the team in WAFF, how they are going to play with the team in WC2010 qualification games?

sigpic

Comment

I didn't understand your last comment btw "If there is any time we do not need our big Guns, it is right now.....". If they don't practice with the team and get coordinated with the team in WAFF, how they are going to play with the team in WC2010 qualification games?
                TM has limited Ruster spots.
                TM needs to give chances to new bloods,and youth.
                Our legioners,by being more proffessional,need less adjusting.
                Our new talents need experince and chances to show themseleves.
                The west Asian games,is best chance to use a " B " team.
                The camp in Spain is the best chance for unexperinced to get a feeling of " Big " stages, and " Foerign atmospher ",and psycological confidense .
                Our legioners ,indeed,are getting old, if we do not use the opportunity,to find the replacements now, then when ?

Comment

TM has limited Ruster spots.
                  TM needs to give chances to new bloods,and youth.
                  Our legioners,by being more proffessional,need less adjusting.
                  Our new talents need experince and chances to show themseleves.
                  The west Asian games,is best chance to use a " B " team.
                  The camp in Spain is the best chance for unexperinced to get a feeling of " Big " stages, and " Foerign atmospher ",and psycological confidense .
                  Our legioners ,indeed,are getting old, if we do not use the opportunity,to find the replacements now, then when ?
                  Bahram Jaan,
                  EEn khat va een Neshan, if god forbid, Team Melli doesn't make the WC then we all start insulting Daie and federation will form a comittee to find the reasons and there will be 1001 reasons for it. But I say it now, if our team doesn't make the WC, one of the reasons is lack of these 4 players (at least first three). I hope I am wrong. Time will show.

In a team that Ando gets playing time and Zandi can be included, TM doesn't have spot for Kia, Hashemian, Karimi? Come on Bahram jaan, don't even try to sheereh be saram bemali with the talk of new blood and all that stuff. If new blood is needed that new blood can replace Ando that hasn't played a good game since 2006. Even in WC, he wasn't great, rest of the team was so poor that he with an above average perofrmance caught the eyes. Or Zandi that play in some team in Cyprus, not Hashemian that will be starting forward for Bochum.

sigpic

Comment

Bahram Jaan,
                    EEn khat va een Neshan, if god forbid, Team Melli doesn't make the WC then we all start insulting Daie and federation will form a comittee to find the reasons and there will be 1001 reasons for it. But I say it now, if our team doesn't make the WC, one of the reasons is lack of these 4 players (at least first three). I hope I am wrong. Time will show.
                    In a team that Ando gets playing time and Zandi can be included, TM doesn't have spot for Kia, Hashemian, Karimi? Come on Bahram jaan, don't even try to sheereh be saram bemali with the talk of new blood and all that stuff. If new blood is needed that new blood can replace Ando that hasn't played a good game since 2006. Even in WC, he wasn't great, rest of the team was so poor that he with an above average perofrmance caught the eyes. Or Zandi that play in some team in Cyprus, not Hashemian that will be starting forward for Bochum.
                    Ali jaan.....
                    I got your point !!, and it is valid......................
                    I have promised myself, not to speak out my inner feelings about Not qualifying for the WC......and I try to control it,as deep down,I think we are going to miss it this time !................
                    But, my number one worry is not the player selection, it is the naive coaching staff................but, I am shrugging off my feelings in order to wish well,and hope for the best.......
                    I also suggest you to get used to accepting things that do not sound right .
                    Including,
                    Haveing sadeghi instead of Kia !!!!!!!!!!!
                    Not inviteing Karimi,and others........
                    And very elementary game plans !
                    .................................................. .......
                    So, actualy, these new faces,and giveing chances to youth, is easier for me to accept than others.

Comment

Ali jaan.....
                      I got your point !!, and it is valid......................
                      I have promised myself, not to speak out my inner feelings about Not qualifying for the WC......and I try to control it,as deep down,I think we are going to miss it this time !................
                      But, my number one worry is not the player selection, it is the naive coaching staff................but, I am shrugging off my feelings in order to wish well,and hope for the best.......
                      I also suggest you to get used to accepting things that do not sound right .
                      Including,
                      Haveing sadeghi instead of Kia !!!!!!!!!!!
                      Not inviteing Karimi,and others........
                      And very elementary game plans !
                      .................................................. .......
                      So, actualy, these new faces,and giveing chances to youth, is easier for me to accept than others.
                      So you telling me, it is like that famous quote in Persian, that the guy sees a Lion or Tiger or something and says to himself "Inshallah ke gorbeh ast".

That issue of Naive coaching staff can't be seperate from Player selection. But in this case it seems to be more than mere naiveity. This potentially can be khoordeh hesab tasfeeyeh kardan. It is one thing not knowing, but knowing and not doing it, is something else.

sigpic

Comment

"Inshallah ke gorbeh ast".

Ali Jaan, there are lot of people, here in our forum and in Iran who feel exactly like that !....
                        Some,like me, wish for the best .
                        Some are in denial .
                        Some,keep pomping themseleves other wise,and try so hard to proof " Daei doubters " wrong, while they do not realy believe in what they say.
                        Some, blaim the system , and say pragmaticaly speaking ,Daei is the best.
                        etc,etc,etc.....
                        So, while I say " Inshallah ",some others say,It defenetly " gorbeh ast "

Comment

I think those are players who have enough experience so you can add them to the squad anytime. He doesn't need to test them nor they will need many games to combine well with the new faces.

So I think Daei now tries to build a young team and if the veterans are in good shape he will add some of them later.

Rezaei has no club and so he is not interesting at the moment, Vahid and Kia have no chance to be released by their clubs, so it would have been senseless to call them up anyway.

Let's see if and how many of them Daei brings back, but not including them now doesn't necessarily mean they are not in Daei's plans.

I think it's good the new generation learns to overtake responsibility on their own and stop relying on Kia's crosses and Karimi's dribblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                            I think those are players who have enough experience so you can add them to the squad anytime. He doesn't need to test them nor they will need many games to combine well with the new faces.

So I think Daei now tries to build a young team and if the veterans are in good shape he will add some of them later.

Rezaei has no club and so he is not interesting at the moment, Vahid and Kia have no chance to be released by their clubs, so it would have been senseless to call them up anyway.

Let's see if and how many of them Daei brings back, but not including them now doesn't necessarily mean they are not in Daei's plans.

I think it's good the new generation learns to overtake responsibility on their own and stop relying on Kia's crosses and Karimi's dribblings.
                            I hope what you are saying is right and they will be added at some point. You have a valid point about they being experienced and all but still in order to get coordinated and team gets organized, I don't see how Kia can't get added 48 hours before the game and get in tune with the team.

Even more importantly, god forbid, if the team doesn't do well in the first few games (again I say god forbid), imagine the kind of hashiyeh this will create (assuming they don't get invited).

Anyway, I hope you are right and they get added. I think all these four players with or without clubs, are at the level to be invited to the TM. Now they may not start or come as a sub or stay at the bench. But inviting them if nothing else set some extra fire under the starters. Imagine how Shojai gonna play if he sees, he starts insated of Karimi. Hope you see my point.

sigpic

Comment

I agree. Although we must consider how the hierachies and atmosphere might be negatively affected by the presence of benched star players as well.

I don't see how Kia can't get added 48 hours before the game and get in tune with the team.
                              Mabe not in 48 hours, but if Daei builds a new team, Kia then playing in one friendly with them would probably be enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X