Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thought why the big names are not in the squad

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
    1, They are not doing significantly well. Neither Kia or Karimi are in their top form, Besides, Daei has good options for them particularly in a better physical shape. To name a few: Shoajei and Jabbari are more ready and Rezaei showed hungrier to fill the big shoes.
    2, They will bring the authority of Daei lower than Daei likes it. What’s that? It means neither of them will sit quietly on the bench, nor the media will let it go un-noticed.
    Right or wrong, I think that’s why Daei didn’t include Kia/Karimi in his squad. If the team will do OK in up-coming games, they won’t be included, if team Melli doesn’t grab the points needed in up coming 2 maybe 3 games, then he will be forced to bring them into the squad and maybe starts with them depends on the pressure of the media.
    In my dream-land, I loved to have both of them as option in case we need them, but Team Melli won’t play in my dream-land.
    Cheers,
    I think they both can contribute to out football a lot and it was a mistake, if nothing else PR wise for Daie to not invite them. But he knows best for himself I guess. I really don't see how Gholamreza Rezai's position he plays has anythign to do with replacing supposedly Kia.

But regardless Iran is bigger than Kia, Karimi, Daie. Great players like Parvin, Derakhshan Hasan Rowshan, Nazari, Eskandarian, Panjali, Gheeleechkhani,Ghasempoor, Abuldreza Barzegari, Noori Khodayari, Shahin Bayani, Ashtiani came and left. But TM is still there.
    Hope Mr. Daie is right. At this stage all we can do is hope for the best. Good luck TM and good luck Mr. Daie as the head coach of the TM.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

I agree.........,how ever, they bring down the authority ,by thier presence, not by thier words !

Comment

^true.
        sigpic
        Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

if we say kia or karimi arent doing well, then we must also add names like ando to the list.
          isnt that correct?
          but again, there is this duality.

(in fact I'd say at the moment, K Rahmati is doing better than ando or sadeghi or maziyar zareh as the def mid and if we still want to be obstinate and play two defensive minded mids, then rahmati shd get the nod ahead of ando.
          but will we see that?
          I doubt it.)

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            if we say kia or karimi arent doing well, then we must also add names like ando to the list.
            isnt that correct?
            but again, there is this duality.

(in fact I'd say at the moment, K Rahmati is doing better than ando or sadeghi or maziyar zareh as the def mid and if we still want to be obstinate and play two defensive minded mids, then rahmati shd get the nod ahead of ando.
            but will we see that?
            I doubt it.)

I must agree with you Doc.

To put it a bit further , I have never been a great admirer of Teymourian even at his best , but this is "Slaighye Shakhsi " my personal opinion. Yet Teymourian , for whatever reason that Daei finds in him , keeps popping up in the list.

As for the original post By Hajagha. We have all noticed the performance of those big names of Team Melli , in particular Kia , Hashemian , Karimi and Rezaei and what results they yielded.

Let us face it , they are not what I call indispensable. They also have not shown any sign of improvement , naturally at their age bracket , they will be looking south.

Like it or not , we need young motivated players. We don't really want another Daei era , and all due respect to him , while he was the lone TM striker.

As a coach , Daei must have seen the shortcoming of the previous era and has learned a valuable lesson. For whatever reason these players are sidelined , I can't really say thay will be sorely missed. Those players being in the squad are probably a bonus , but not a must.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys for your posts.

I watched last week Kia's match. He was more than ready to my eyes. Nothing special, the same Kia we have known for last 5-6 years.

I think Daei is making a big mistake to not bring the guy in.

Comment

there are always two halves of issues like KIA's.

1st half - Kia not being called .... for whatever reason, which can be dissected.

2nd half - his place given to whom?

you see, haji jan, the 1st half can have many reasons such as :
                1- age ( but opens daei up wide to massive ridicule & criticism )
                2- being a sub ( questions many other daei's choices and highlights double standards )
                3- injury ( we all know he isnt, now )
                (forgive me if I dont include that utterly ridiculous and absurd claim of "doesnt fit into our tactics" drivel coz it just makes no sense whatsoever.)

for each and every of the above 3 reasons, we can have some pro and so anti arguments. but we can allow some leeway to the coach for his right and freedom of "choice" & "taste".

however, it is the 2nd half, which compels ppl to question daei dropping kia.
                who should take kia's place?
                for the 10th time many of us have explained and dissected the performances of those who were tried in kia's post and none of them have delivered.
                not ando. not sadeghi. not gholamnejad. not shojaei.
                they all have been a DIFFERENT kind of player, shoved into this zone as a patch-up job .
                but we ask WHY THE PATCH-UP JOB .... when we have players who are specialized for the post available?

why do you try to pick a knife to eat ur soup when you have a spoon sitting right in front of you ?

kia, kazemian, ... are there FOR this role.
                I dare anyone to prove the YOUNG kazemian is any less motivated than the 30 yr old sadeghi. anyone ?
                which one makes sense to keep for 2012 WC?

are we insane to pick the knife to have our soup?

=========================

to continue Majid's line, I agree, NOBODY IS INDISPENSABLE.
                not a single player. not kia, not karimi. not nekunam, not rezaei, ... .
                that is related to the 1st half of the subject matter.

but whom do we replace these players with is AS important a matter as dropping these stars.
                we must pay that much more attention and intelligence in choosing the CORRECT replacements for these players also.

notice Kia's issue is the most vital and controversial, becoz his post is the one that has been hit by constant under-performance of these wrong choices.

yes, we have other top performers who are left outside due to daei's bias and favoritism of inferior picks. but thankfully there are some good alternatives within the roster that makes it less vital as kia's issue.

mobaali , imo, deserves on the strength of his playmaking and the unparalleled BONUS of free kick taking. but having shojaei and jabbari in the team makes his absence less unbearable than kia's. the only thing is we'll continue to waste free kicks ... !!!

or Mohamadi's post which has rahmati and talebloo to make things reliable enough, so much that we can discount the favoritism of ahmadi's inclusion.

I am hoping having kept shiri and alnemeh in the roster, daei will finally OPEN HIS EYES and see zareh's continuous and consistent floundering and failures in the post. at least we can say there ARE some alternatives available.

but as of now, the only post that needs immediate and utmost attention is right midfield which has absolutely NO PLAYER who can deliver the duties of the role !!!!
                and to think this post was our strongest one among all asian teams !!! reduced to pathetic state of present day !

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
                  Thanks guys for your posts.

I watched last week Kia's match. He was more than ready to my eyes. Nothing special, the same Kia we have known for last 5-6 years.

I think Daei is making a big mistake to not bring the guy in.
                  All due respect , basing on one match is a difficult call.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                    Majid Jaan,

Kia is a known quantity, he isn't a young kid or unknown like Haj safi or Gholamnezahd, that might be the next rising star to a bust. So if he shows sign of readiness, at least he is proven.

I don't mean to start anther Daie pro con convesation (to me what is the point), I wish him and the TM the best. But my comment was to point out why Haji might say based on the current game he saw from him, Kia is in shape.

If TM does well in KSA, everything is good and no one will remember Kia, Karimi. If not (I hope not) and then Daie under Media pressure invites Kia and Karimi or Kia only, then I am afraid, there will be potential for even more hard feeling. Kia probably will come since he does't want to get sentenced in the public media forum as unpathriothic, but then I dont' know how much his heart and soul will be with Daie. I hope Kia is bigger than this and forgets the past for the Iran's sake, or even better and TM does well and we dont' get to this point.
                    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                      Actually it's not Majid jan. With all due respect to you aziz jan, you should remember that I am not evaluating him, I am "re-evaluating" him. So, I have a stick already measured, just checking if he is still the same old dude. Well, he was.

Oh, BTW, it was not one match, it was half a match. He only played in second half.

I was only watching Kia's move, the same Kia we knew, nothing too fancy, nothing too good or too bad. Saying that, he was playing as the right defender.

I think Daei's head is too foggy with this conspiracy issues now, he can not think strait. too much politics, or maybe there is some thing that I am not aware of. Whatever it is, it's not inside green-box related.

Cheers

Comment

notice Kia's issue is the most vital and controversial, becoz his post is the one that has been hit by constant under-performance of these wrong choices.
                        !
                        Not bcz of the wrong choices, his experience can not be matched with any body else. Saying that,I still prefer ka'abi over Kia for the defense as he is not as aggressive as ka'abi.

BTW, the right side of Frankfort was highway in that match, if you were against Kia, you would execute him based on what i know about you. But I found out that the left side of Colone was so good and Kia is not a defender by nature. Same thing with Zare, even worse if you ask me.

Comment

if we may be able to replace Kia,( Hopefuly not with Sadeghi ) with a good number of mid-fielders......
                          We do not have any one who can easyly replace Hashemian !
                          Hashemian, may very well, not come !!.....either with good reasons, or with fake reasons !.......................
                          In General, TM is not as resourceful in the offensive players , as it is in the midfield.....
                          Specialy, by elianating, and pissing off,..Nikbakht, Enayati,....and Hashemian, with addition of Khalili's injury !....................
                          ......... this situation, makes Kia's offensive thrusts and contributions even more important. ..
                          .as Daei, still, has not found any one who could cross the balls , atleast half, as good as , Kia does.

Comment

to haji :
                            "... execute him..." hahahahaha

but seriously, to me TEAM MELLI is no place for jokes or slackers or laxity... . I may take club football lightly. but when it comes to the name IRAN, I take things very VERY seriously.

as for his post, I repeat, I advocate Kia for the right MIDFIELD, not RB.
                            for RB we have 2 good prospects : kaabi & gholamnejad

=====================

let me also express my exasperations and utter surprise at majid jan's remarks about "judging kia on one match only" .
                            as haji said, we KNOW what he is capable of and what skills he possesses.
                            the only matter was to see if he's ready and haji ( and other reports ) made that amply clear that he is.

even if he wasnt ready and was at 50% his usual capability, I dare say he'd deliver more crosses, free kicks, dangerous balls, creativity to the team than a fully in form ( which is not true these days ) sadeghi or shojaei or ando or gholamnejad.

Comment

to haji :
                              "... execute him..." hahahahaha

but seriously, to me TEAM MELLI is no place for jokes or slackers or laxity... . I may take club football lightly. but when it comes to the name IRAN, I take things very VERY seriously.

as for his post, I repeat, I advocate Kia for the right MIDFIELD, not RB.
                              for RB we have 2 good prospects : kaabi & gholamnejad

=====================

let me also express my exasperations and utter surprise at majid jan's remarks about "judging kia on one match only" .
                              as haji said, we KNOW what he is capable of and what skills he possesses.
                              the only matter was to see if he's ready and haji ( and other reports ) made that amply clear that he is.

even if he wasnt ready and was at 50% his usual capability, I dare say he'd deliver more crosses, free kicks, dangerous balls, creativity to the team than a fully in form ( which is not true these days ) sadeghi or shojaei or ando or gholamnejad.
                              I know not directly related to your post.
                              I think Kaabi's lately has been subpar too. To be honest PP's current rigth back Zarei or even Alireza Mohammd is better than him. Haven't seen Gholamnezhad so don't say anything about him.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X