Observation on KSA-UAE match.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Observation on KSA-UAE match.

Many lessons learned , but one interesting aspect was that fact that Al Jowhar used the same game plan against UAE and one of them was the pressing of the opposition players and even man to man.

What happened in Iran match was that plan had its toll because by the late stages of the match , the Saudi's started getting tired.

I don't know if it was a tactical change , but when the KSA team relaxed their pressing game and allowed the UAE players to get closer to their area , it opened some channels for the Saudi team to attack and hence they scored 2 goals in the process.

UAE is still a good team, their finishing let them down. I can't really say that Team Melli will have an easy time playing them. Al Hammadi was the star of the match on the flank , and Daei better have a solution for him. He dribbled round Hussain Abdulghani with relative ease and created several chances. Shame that those chances were wasted.

UAE defense is vulnerable specially on the flanks , their midfield is quite strong though.

sigpic

Thanks for the report and analysis Majid khan.

Originally posted by maij View Post
    Many lessons learned , but one interesting aspect was that fact that Al Jowhar used the same game plan against UAE and one of them was the pressing of the opposition players and even man to man.

What happened in Iran match was that plan had its toll because by the late stages of the match , the Saudi's started getting tired.

I don't know if it was a tactical change , but when the KSA team relaxed their pressing game and allowed the UAE players to get closer to their area , it opened some channels for the Saudi team to attack and hence they scored 2 goals in the process.

UAE is still a good team, their finishing let them down. I can't really say that Team Melli will have an easy time playing them. Al Hammadi was the star of the match on the flank , and Daei better have a solution for him. He dribbled round Hussain Abdulghani with relative ease and created several chances. Shame that those chances were wasted.

UAE defense is vulnerable specially on the flanks , their midfield is quite strong though.
    Yikes! That sounds like the left side of our defense
    HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
    you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

I found both teams' defenses quite porous and vulnerable.

the difference was uae's strikers were far less accurate in their final shots than saudis.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        I found both teams' defenses quite porous and vulnerable.
        the difference was uae's strikers were far less accurate in their final shots than saudis.
        that's what marks the difference between the good and the bad teams. whoever converts wins.
        uae had good chances against team melli in dubai but we still beat them.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Originally posted by purple_haze View Post
          Thanks for the report and analysis Majid khan.

Yikes! That sounds like the left side of our defense

Exactly

sigpic

Comment

I agree with the vulnarability on the flanks. Maybe a flat 4-4-2 and the inclusion of Kia in the squad for that game would make sense. Let's hope Kia improves his shape and position in Frankfurt until that game.

Comment

thanx for ths thread.

i also wanted to note another observation, that just like against Iran, against UAE as well, KSA relied on long direct passes behind the UAE defenders a lot.

now the UAE defenders are slow as well, just like irans, and on the other hand, their strikers, al harthi (#11 who scored agianst us) and soltan (#& who had the one-on-on chances with us but couldnt score - btw he is a great player who creates a lot of chances for himself but looks like he has problems converting) are both quite fast and technically gifted, #7 specially.

so i wont be surprised if they start using the same long direct balls against us again.

ofcourse, as long as their #10, shalhoub is there, we should expect a lot of passing combos and dribblings as well. he was once supposed to be the new maradona of asian when he was first discovered years back by macala i think but the thing is, he is not a 90 minutes player and he never was. he always gets subbed out around 60 minutes.

then they have auetif, their number 8 who takes good long range shots.

by looking at this, they have a lot of players who add different dimensions to their team. their weak area is probably the air, that too because of their relatively shorter heights.

the goal they conceded from UAE was an accident from a corner kick. UAE #4 who is a good freekick taker, subait khater took the corner kick on the first post and 2 saudi defenders couldnt clear it and the ball all of a sudden went in directly.

the KSA goals in my opinion was mostly credited to the poor and exhausted UAE defenders and a small credit to the saudi's themselves and some luck.

both goals were done by KSA players dribllig rather easily into the UAE penalty area past 2 3 exahusted andpoor UAE defenders and taking shots on goal. the first one took a big deflection and went in, the second a little.
              but in both cases, specially the second, the KSA player was given so much space to dribble and so much time to even switch the ball from his left foot to right foot and then shoot that its not even funny.

about UAE,, well they have problems everywhere except midfield. that has been the case for sometime now.
              their midfield is quite good, both talented players and some good passing football after training under metsu for more than 2 years now.
              however, their forward, defense and GK all suck.

forward line, mattar is their only good player who plays shadow striker or supporting striker when playing with 2 forwards. he tends to come back and help the midfield a lot but at the same time, he can do some good dribblings or passing combos and take some good shots on goal.
              but their target striker, faisal khalil is in my opinion worse than our own khatibi.
              he doesnt contribute much to the team and his conversion rate is realllllllly poor. but thats the best UAE has got as well.

their GK, no need to talk about him or them. they are all crap and on their best day, i would say they are average asian level GKs.

their defense is kinda old, slow and not the best.
              the 2 CBs are experienced but slow, not very big and get tired easily and quite error prone. 2 games so far, and 2 own goals (by deflection).
              their LB, ADEL #3 is quite good. he is fast, technical and a fighter. but he was exhausted towards the end against KSA.
              their RB, hayder abu ali #8, is big, like our own ale nemeh, but he isnt anything ordinary. sattar sare will have more problems with their RM, their number 5, ismail hammadi who is very technically gifted and has good speed and good physique. reminds me of the old days of nikbakht.
              he has the ability to dribble past and around the defenders and make sharp back diagonal passes into the penalty area, similar to the goal we conceded against KSA.

their 2 central midfielders, who are both of a DM type are strong fighters.
              their number 4, subait khater, is old but can be said a much poorer version of karim bagheri. he takes good shots, and he mostly does the distribution of the ball and at times comes in front. their other DM is the bald guy, dont know his number (maybe 18 and forgot his name), he is like our ando. mostly in charge of tackling and destruction of opponents offensive moves.
              doesnt posses any real threat otherwise.

then comes their LM. this position is a bit controversial.
              they have a player, mohammad al shehi, who either bruno metsu belives in him a lot or he is in the team because of being related to the big tribes of UAE. i personally havent seen much from him. he has around 20 caps and 3 4 goals. but he needs to mature a lot. he might do some dribblings around but he hardly passes, his shots on goal are weak and he takes time to make decisions.

he is usuall subbed out for another thin fast young player, ahmad dada al mahery or something, who is much more dangerous in my opinion. he is fast and technically gifted. he scored one of the few goals in asian cup for UAE i think.

overall, UAE is not a weak team, but they have so many defects in all their lines that lets the team down. their strong point is their midfield who can play good football, so that should be our only real worry.

i think we can beat UAE in both UAE and iran, but i doubt we can dominate them. we will have to make use of the chances we get and be alert on the chances they gey.
              Originally posted by siavasharian
              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Where can i watch this game? Anywhere on the net I can download it or watch the stream?
                "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                sigpic

Comment

Thanks Majid jan,

I also watched most of the game of N.Korea vs UAE. I don't know how N.Korea beat them. I found UAE as a very good team, much better than N.Korea.

Hope, they lose their appetite when they get to us.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys.

Yashar jan, although I think that UAE is certainly beatable home and away , one must also focus on their strength and weaknesses. Their midfield is pretty impressive, defence and forwards not so.

I am sure Daei , who was there in Abu Dhabi for the match has made a lot of notes.

I hope like hajagh mentioned, by the time we face them , they have lost quite a bit of their apetitte as well.

We need to watch Ismael Al Hammadi....that is my message.

sigpic

Comment

wow great stats by Human Afazeli.
                      I thought I share with u guys, it's very interesting.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

^ where did you get that chart ?
                        and could you make it bigger, plz ?
                        I cant read the items.

Comment

I cant read the items.
                          ey daade bidad ke doctor peer shodi
                          Originally posted by siavasharian
                          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

I cant read the items.
                            I got it from www.HumanAfazeli.com
                            Sorry I can't. I have problem reading some of the words too.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Working...
                            X