TM selection for North Korea game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
    I could claim the same about you and your faith in Karimi. My faith in Daei is no different than your faith in Karimi. So are we both blind or both not? Your call.
    And I can't stand this traditional coach bashing. Name me one national team coach who didn't negatively impact TM performance in any major tournament in your opinion.
    MK was bad, Talebi was bad, Pourheydari was bad, Blazevic was bad, Ivankovic was bad, Shahrokhi was bad, Ghalenoei was bad and now Daei is or will be bad. Always the same. The only coach usually praised by Iranian fans was Tomislav Ivic, no co-incident that he had no single competitive game.
    And we don't want to talk about Karimi's impact on the WC campaign, do we?
    I never claimed anything about MK, Talebi, Pourhaydari, Blaz, etc. At that time, I wasn't able to follow them closely. I think you are a bit harsh when blame me of bashing the coaches. Please search the PFDC thread, until after the 2006 WC, If you can find a single negative post from me, about Branko. After WC performance it was different. During GN era, I didn't post anything negative. During the Daie era, my criticizems of Daie is in his coaching style, dealing with media and his pyschological dealing with players rather than his tactical approach.

I didn't jump at Qotbi's record and until recently never criticized GN's performance in Esteghlal. In many post, I praised many vatani coaches (Zolfaghar Nasab, even Gholam Payroovani , Nader Dasneshan and Abbasi Bargh's coach) for good perofrmances.

Please compare my posts with the posts of like Ala in regards to Qotbi and then come here and tell me I have a traditionally negative approach toward coaching.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

I agree with Martin, Gholamreza Rezai by himself as a single forward isn't a good choice. He can be used along a good target forward.
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

I was wondering the same thing Maij jan.

Daei said in Navad that he will play a 4-4-2, so 2 fowards. We know for sure that Rezaei is one of them, but who will be the other?

I have my money on Khatibi starting. I doubt that Daei will start an internationally in-experienced player like Sayed Salehi in a crucial World Cup Qualifier.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
          I was wondering the same thing Maij jan.

Daei said in Navad that he will play a 4-4-2, so 2 fowards. We know for sure that Rezaei is one of them, but who will be the other?

I have my money on Khatibi starting. I doubt that Daei will start an internationally in-experienced player like Sayed Salehi in a crucial World Cup Qualifier.

I have reported Navad like on the general forum and Daei confirmed that Rezaei will be starting , but did not mention his pair.

I would like to see Sayed Salehi purely for his physique and aerial ability. YES , it will be a risk ,but not a big one.

Khatbi has been playing quite well nowadays, no sign of the "Takravi" of the past , but at his best Khatibi is always a normal average player in my opinion.

My other choice is Khalatbary....I really have a special belief in this guy.

sigpic

Comment

from what I've seen in the training pictures it seems our forwards will be rezaei and salehi.
            I agree with salehi.
            rezaei? given that we dont have any other tall or muscular forward ( like niki, who'd have been a very good pick for this game ), I guess he might just do.
            but it's quite disappointing to see the rest are all short players; khatibi, rezaei, khalatbari and the only tall forward we have called is salehi. neither are they very physical. that's why I think NIKI would be ideal: tall and physical presence.
            one would think we'd try to capitalize on the height advantage and heading ability a bit more.
            ( will shojaei be pushed up as supporting striker, using his dribbling inside the 18? not a bad idea . he's taller and with better upper body physique than the other 3 short forwards.
            I say worth a try )

I think zareh is once again picked for the LB post. I just dont understand why though. how many times shd we see an experiment fail to finally accept it is the wrong experiment ?
            Nouri may be sitting this one out !

I kind of think if he's going to pick one of hosseini-aghili ( in case he wants to use montazeri ), he's going to favor aghili for his height and heading ability in corners and set pieces.

on the left he seems to be favoring zandi. although from what I read in the media, zandi isnt in great shape, so ......

anyway, apart from zareh as LB, I think we'll have a good selection and capable team tomorrow.
            I predict something like a 2-0 victory.

Comment

^
              I don't see the why Nouri should be seriously considered.
              even at PP he is not first choice LB
              he is very slow and easily dribbeled. we will get on counter attacks from the koreans

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Good View Post
                ^
                I don't see the why Nouri should be seriously considered.
                even at PP he is not first choice LB
                he is very slow and easily dribbeled. we will get on counter attacks from the koreans
                interesting.

care to explain zareh at LB by the same criteria, my friend ?

Comment

Last night watched the Norht/South Korea game again. They did well on penetrating from the wings and had a good forward, I think it was their number 12.

So Zareh Kia assuming these two are our LB and RB must have a great day. I think using Kia as a right back is a waste though (assuming we playing 4-4-2).

In the center of defnese, their forward number 12 is tall (not super tall, but tall in Korea standards (maybe a bit shorter than Daie)). He is good with holding the ball until helps come. Decent in the air and good with with his feet. Having said all of this, TM should be able to "looleh" these Koreans in Tehran at least.

I don't like Noori as LB either. He is easily dribbled there.

sigpic

Comment

Kia surely won't be used as RB, at least not in the starting lineup.

Comment

daei clarified that kia will not be RB and will play right mdifield on navad yesterday.

he also clarified that iran has been playing 4-4-2 all these previous games including the one against saudi arabia and he will pick either nekounam or ando for DM. since ando is injured, nekounam is going to be our sole DM, kia is going to be our RM.
                      our AM is most probably going to be shojaei which leaves a question only over the LM, which is probably gonna be zandi again and if things dont work out, we might see jabbari coming in and maybe shojaei moving to the left.

i too prefer to see seyed salehi upfront with gholam reza rezai in goal and i would like to see pejman montazeri play instead of hosseini.
                      LB and RB are gonna be zare and kaebi most probably again.
                      Originally posted by siavasharian
                      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

IS it me or anyone else shares my view that Iran does not seem to produce too many classical , true grit , shish dang forwards anymore?

I mean , there is Fereydoon Fazli , Bahman Tahmasbi in IPL and then I ran out of names! most of the other good quality forwards are simply short and height is an important factor in the new systems that every other coach seems to be employing (Single forward).

If Seyed Salehi is not going to play , then it is not much good sending crosses unless Nekounam is around and he is our DM.

Just curious to watch what happens with the Korea match.

sigpic

Comment

i agree with u too majid agha. infact, i dont even consider bahman tahmasabi a 6 dong forward. he played for esteghlal some time and has been in IPL for years now but he has never been anything worthy of TM in my opinion.

perhaps, this is one reason why we see khatibi being invited by different coaches yet more talented midfielders left out, because of abundance of talented midfielders but lack of good strikers.
                          Originally posted by siavasharian
                          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Working...
                          X