Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navad & Ferdowsipour …Conduct unbecoming.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navad & Ferdowsipour …Conduct unbecoming.

typically against refereeing decision usually by the defeated teams

sigpic

I saw ONE Navad program where Qotbi was on and I was absolutely appauled - I lost a lot of respect for an otherwise intelligent and dominant member of Iran's football media.

If you look at any of the other shows in the UK (heck, even up here in Canada, Gerry Dobson and Craig Forrest show the utmost respect when speaking to guests and always have positive polls and such), you will never see such bad behaviour on the part of the interviewer.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

His polls on Navad are clear indications of his stupidity and intention for creating controversy and hashiye.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

You are right, sometimes, I feel Ferdowsipoor and his show have various motives behind some sections of their program, most notably the polls.
        Most of the polls are often constructed in a way that the result is known beforehand. And they all have a hidden agenda behind them.
        Perspolis is now 4th in the table, only 4 points behind the leaders, but he creates a poll just to create controversy and Hashiyeh in the team.

His ref exerts is also a very unnecessary part of the program. I think the viewers themselves can be the best judge for the ref mistakes. But he has turned show into a court of law for ref mistakes.

Still, we must judge 90 fairly because in the current environment in Iran which is against freedom of speech and transparency in every aspect, having a show like 90 is a rarity.
        Navad is by far the most progressive TV show on National TV these days.
        Even though the show is bound by the rules of IR TV, it still manages to at least create some transparency in our football .

Comment

some of his polls have faced criticisms...like the one he made about TM before the UAE game i think and daei was protesting to it or the one between the esteghlal perspolis derby where it was obvious perspolis had more fans and pirouz ghorbani, esteghlal captain was guest on the show and ferdosipour kept asking ghorbani how come perspolis has more fans than esteghlal. first ghorbani joked and said "esteghlal fans have gone to bed early to watch the match tommorow" but ferodsipour didnt let it go and in the end, ghorbani just said... "man chi begam akhe aghaye ferdosipour?"

and although the referees have faced criticisims in the show, i think, overall, the show has been beneficial and a success. im sure many of us fans, coachs, referees and playes have learnt a lot from the show, in terms of game analysis, referee decisions, types of fouls, etc....

the technical experts and referee experts they bring on the show is the best we have. now if they are not competent enough, there is nothing we can do about it, except have the correct "farhang" that this show is trying to help referees, coachs, players and fans in learning more about football and referee decisions and help the referees make better judgement in future games, but unfortunately, this double edged sword is being abused by many fans, coachs and players for blaming the referees incase of poor performances by the team
          Originally posted by siavasharian
          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دÙاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین Ú¯Ù„ زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با Û´Û°Û¹ امتیاز.پر اÙتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Yashar Jan.

I Personally have a great issue with this so called post-match referee analysis.

First of all , a TV program is not the place to publicly judge a standard or shortcoming of a referee. There are many reasons that I can write about but just to keep it within perspective , it is similar to public lynching.

I defy anyone to prove that improvements of refereeing standards have been achieved by these so called post match analysis .

How on earth can someone judge a referee specially in offside ruling , with only the TV camera alone?? It is not a secret that TV coverage of matches is not exactly great nor clear in Iran and angles of camera can be deceiving anyway. Remember also that the referee does not have the benefit of slow motion or replay and has to make his decisions instantly. It is a " no contest" to start with.

I don't make a real effort to watch "Navad" but I don't deliberately ignore it either. Some of the issues and statements are an insult to the intelligence of people , but then again this in itself is another issue.

Not all fans are educated and have respectable level of knowledge and that is where the danger lies. Many people tend to believe some of this crap and act accordingly (negatively) during matches.

Finally , what good is such analysis , if it is not going to change a match result , if for certain a refereeing mistake is proven ? FIFA rules are very clear about this , what is NAVAD trying to teach FIFA and the world?

sigpic

Comment

I opened a thread after TM under GN was eliminated after the AFC cup last year and criticized some aspects of Ferdoosipoor's behavior in Navad. At the time, because his Witt was aimed at GN, Ferdoosipoor's behavior didn't rise any eyebrows. I am saying this opening in order to not create the illusion that I am Ferdoosipoor's fan or trying to support him. I totally agree with Ferdoosipoor need to adjust his tone.
              Overall in a country where there is no responsiveness from authorities to people, this program (Navad) for whatever reason can openly ask questions that typically aren't asked. As a result I still rather see this compared to totally ***her questions (like you see in typical sports show in US for example). Questions by reporters in the US seem to be totally benign and they let the coach or club official bullshit his way around it (they do the same thing with politician, they ask a question and the politician either doesn't answer it or answer it in a very vague way and the reporter doesn't call him on that).

Guess, what I am saying, is there are different styles of journalism and in the specific situation of Iran, (despite my reservations toward certain aspects of the Ferdoosi poor Navad program), I rather see a pesky, get in your face style vs. a conservative and less risky style of journalism
              "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
              Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
              Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                I rather see a pesky, get in your face style vs. a conservative and less risky style of journalism
                The Iranian fans are pesky.....and it is the job of a good comentator to include the wishes of the fans !!!
                I realy think, the main problem is , " Not haveing Enough ,Football TV programs ".....For the our big country,and even bigger fan base...one or two program does not do it for the people.....and that is why there is so much propaganda about Ferdosipour !, .....
                Had " NAVAD " had more competitions, Ferdosipour program ,would have looked Avangard and up to date !!

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                  Yashar Jan.

I Personally have a great issue with this so called post-match referee analysis.

First of all , a TV program is not the place to publicly judge a standard or shortcoming of a referee. There are many reasons that I can write about but just to keep it within perspective , it is similar to public lynching.

I defy anyone to prove that improvements of refereeing standards have been achieved by these so called post match analysis .

How on earth can someone judge a referee specially in offside ruling , with only the TV camera alone?? It is not a secret that TV coverage of matches is not exactly great nor clear in Iran and angles of camera can be deceiving anyway. Remember also that the referee does not have the benefit of slow motion or replay and has to make his decisions instantly. It is a " no contest" to start with.

I don't make a real effort to watch "Navad" but I don't deliberately ignore it either. Some of the issues and statements are an insult to the intelligence of people , but then again this in itself is another issue.

Not all fans are educated and have respectable level of knowledge and that is where the danger lies. Many people tend to believe some of this crap and act accordingly (negatively) during matches.

Finally , what good is such analysis , if it is not going to change a match result , if for certain a refereeing mistake is proven ? FIFA rules are very clear about this , what is NAVAD trying to teach FIFA and the world?
                  majid jan, not all the wrong calls or scenes the the "experts" analyse are calls which are affected by angle view or number of cameras installed or watever.

there are other referee decisions like sending off players, coachs, for example which wont require different TV angles. or for example, asking players to wear the same jersey number and same short number or when to call off a game if the fans get too violent or if the pitch is not suitable for game play or if the game is continuable or not.
                  some otehr calls involve calling advantages and letting the game continue rather than immediatelly calling for a foul, which again, doesnt depend on different TV angles to realize this.

i for one have learnt quite a lot about refeering (which is still not much compared to referees and referee experts) which has helped me make better judgements, even if these judgements are only for my own personal understanding and opinion. the least it has done to me is it prevents me from immediately jumping on the referee for any decision i dont like or i dont seem to understand. im sure many there are many football fans who have learnt a thing or two about referee calls as well.

ur right however agha majid, certain calls which are "analysed" on navad is a result of lack of different view angles for a referee as compared to different camera angles like an offside call. its upto our football community as a whole to be ready to accept this fact that a pair of eyes in a human cant match 5 cameras from different angles which have an additional replay feature.

i doubt the real intentions of navad is to just point out the shortcomings of a referee and then demeaning their work, but rather help them point out their mistakes (if any) or provide them with an opportunity to justify themselves to the viewers when a controversial call is made and overall, help educate the fans many of whom definitely arent aware enough about referee rules and duties in a game of football.
                  they are not trying to teach FIFA anything, rather, rather they use these scenes to educate fans, players, coachs and even referees if they need to. if a father analyses his sons actions in something and then scolds him for it, is he trying to demean his son?? ofcourse not. is that gonna change anything his son did before? certainly not. but rather, this will be a good experience for both his son, and if necessary the younger children to learn from and avoid the same mistakes (IF AVOIDABLE) in the future.

its the same reason we try to analyse our players and our coachs.
                  one reason is checks and balances, the other is to teach others a thing or two from these experiences. there could be other reasons too...
                  but this analysis of teams, coachs and players wont change the results of the game either.

i agree that referees "divareshoon az hame kootah tare" but i dont think the problem lies in navad doing referee analysis and im pretty sure if navad stops referee analysis, it wont make the referee situation any better. it could even backfire because now, fans and coachs and players will be blaming the referees for every call they make and there wont be anyone trying to justify or support the referees in the decisions they make!! atleast this way, navad allows them and referee experts a chance to justify the calls they are making!
                  Originally posted by siavasharian
                  ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دÙاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین Ú¯Ù„ زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با Û´Û°Û¹ امتیاز.پر اÙتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                  بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Yashar Jan...When I talked about TV camera angles , I specifically mentioned offside calls , not other events like obvious fouls or the other examples that does not depend on the angle.

I am still not convinced that the way these post match referee analysis is helping anyone , including the fans. It is good for you to see the educational side , and I suspect a few other fans have the same idea and look at the positive side of it , but let u face some facts here.

The fans in Iran are quite emotional and are volatile especillay when their teams are defeated. Moradi's saga is a typical example where ruling by TV can affect people and events.
                    In every event there are positives and negatives , but this Refereeing analysis has much more negative aspects to it than positive. Remember that the referee committee has its own panel to analyze referees and both FIFA and AFC have referees commissioner at each match. I believe that the decisions to ban or discipline referees should be done in confidential manner. If a referee is publicly disciplines or penalized , what would you thnk as a fan if the same referee is assigned a match after a suspension and the whole stadium knows that fact ? what is the confidence of the players and fans in that referee??? can you imagine if this referee whistles for some event that the fans find unacceptable ??

Fans , players and managers would certainly accuse the refree and the IFF of appointing a weak referee and their team being victimized.

I have always maintained that referees are the weakest link in football and it is not entirely the referees fault. It is FIFA's fault for not addressing it properly. The game is much faster than before , more complicated , players are becoming cunning and there is lots of cheating , grass-rolling , faking , yet the referring system has remained the same since the inception.

In Iran , I see a lot of disrespect for referees and the men in black are becoming more afraid and scared. I don't really think that Iranian referees are worst than others. Did you see last night Champions league match between Liverpool and Athletico Madrid ? Did you see the 94th minute penalty call on Athletico...that was the most unfair , unjustified , harsh penalty decesion I have seen for a long time. Even the English commentator kept saying the same thing, the same referee denied Atheltico two obvious penalties....... So , refereeing erors are global , not just an Iranian problem.
                    Last edited by maij; 11-05-2008, 12:17 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I opened a thread after TM under GN was eliminated after the AFC cup last year and criticized some aspects of Ferdoosipoor's behavior in Navad. At the time, because his Witt was aimed at GN, Ferdoosipoor's behavior didn't rise any eyebrows. I am saying this opening in order to not create the illusion that I am Ferdoosipoor's fan or trying to support him. I totally agree with Ferdoosipoor need to adjust his tone.
                      Overall in a country where there is no responsiveness from authorities to people, this program (Navad) for whatever reason can openly ask questions that typically aren't asked. As a result I still rather see this compared to totally ***her questions (like you see in typical sports show in US for example). Questions by reporters in the US seem to be totally benign and they let the coach or club official bullshit his way around it (they do the same thing with politician, they ask a question and the politician either doesn't answer it or answer it in a very vague way and the reporter doesn't call him on that).

Guess, what I am saying, is there are different styles of journalism and in the specific situation of Iran, (despite my reservations toward certain aspects of the Ferdoosi poor Navad program), I rather see a pesky, get in your face style vs. a conservative and less risky style of journalism

I don't think that we should totally ignore some positive aspects of Navad and Ferdowsipour , after all he has made an impact. But maybe the guy is becoming a victim of his own success. A certain amount of arrogance and even in veiled manner an intent to discredit people by his line of questioning.

What type of question is this to Ghotbi?

Ferdowsipour : "So , Mr Ghotbi , when is your next flight to Dubai ?"

If I was Ghotbi , I would have told him " It is none of your business , do I ask you about your logistics and travels or how often do you meet your family ?"

There are far many of these provocative questions by Adel, and that is not a sign of intelligence to me. Anyone can open his mouth and utter any rubbish , the person who shows respect and ethics when asking questions is the intelligent person.

As for transparency , I have never felt that NAVAD addresses government policies nor does it swim against the current. If it does that then all is done in such a mild manner it is rendered ineffective...

But looking at the bright side of it , at least some issue are mentioned without resolution though.....I guess something is better than Nothing.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                        I don't think that we should totally ignore some positive aspects of Navad and Ferdowsipour , after all he has made an impact. But maybe the guy is becoming a victim of his own success. A certain amount of arrogance and even in veiled manner an intent to discredit people by his line of questioning.

What type of question is this to Ghotbi?

Ferdowsipour : "So , Mr Ghotbi , when is your next flight to Dubai ?"

If I was Ghotbi , I would have told him " It is none of your business , do I ask you about your logistics and travels or how often do you meet your family ?"

There are far many of these provocative questions by Adel, and that is not a sign of intelligence to me. Anyone can open his mouth and utter any rubbish , the person who shows respect and ethics when asking questions is the intelligent person.

As for transparency , I have never felt that NAVAD addresses government policies nor does it swim against the current. If it does that then all is done in such a mild manner it is rendered ineffective...

But looking at the bright side of it , at least some issue are mentioned without resolution though.....I guess something is better than Nothing.

Agha Majid;

The whole rambling I put at the begining of my post was trying to say the same thing. His questiosns are at time provacative and down right "nauhty (Shaytanat)". I totally agree.

So to me like any other thing, in Iran it is one of those gray things. On one hand we have the sporadic unprofessional behavior by Adel, and on the other hand, only venue for posing some (note I said some) serious questions to the coaching staff and IFF members. I wish there was a third choice (a more professional person, who still wasn't too conservative (like Haj rezai/ Zolfaghar Nasab are for example). But until then, I say Navad despite all its shortcomings is better than not having Navad.
                        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                        Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                        Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                        sigpic

Comment

I didn't read all the comments above, and maybe I should have...but I still think Ferdosipour's existance in our football and media is more beneficial and helpful than his non-existance would be...he seems to be the only guy who questions events and issues that so many don't want to touch and despite the ocassional bad moves by him, I rather have him around and I would personally give him a passing score with his 90 program, despite what many others here think.
                          sigpic
                          Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

Agha Majid;

The whole rambling I put at the begining of my post was trying to say the same thing. His questiosns are at time provacative and down right "nauhty (Shaytanat)". I totally agree.

So to me like any other thing, in Iran it is one of those gray things. On one hand we have the sporadic unprofessional behavior by Adel, and on the other hand, only venue for posing some (note I said some) serious questions to the coaching staff and IFF members. I wish there was a third choice (a more professional person, who still wasn't too conservative (like Haj rezai/ Zolfaghar Nasab are for example). But until then, I say Navad despite all its shortcomings is better than not having Navad.
                            Ali Agha...

You brought up one quite interesting character ...You mentioned Haj Rezaei , a man that has a wealth of knowledge , an analytic mind that has been exceptional to me whenever I saw him on the screen , and a person who acts decent and respectable when addressing others. I also read his articles whenever it is published in Iran Varzeshi.

So , there are alternatives...There are people who can be civilized , knowledgeable and constructive..To go right to the point, there are good people in Iran who can do a pretty decent job other than Ferdowsipour . Perhaps he does not have the charisma of Adel , but then again why not give others the exposure to see if they can be as successful and productive.

I suspect that the hierarchy has read the hands of Iranian viewers quite well and they are one step ahead. I think they care less about constructive criticism and knowing the Persian passion for controversy, hashiya and debate , they (IRIB) feed them what they want….exactly like the tabloid journalism in Iran….. Same SH*T different media , a question of demand & supply.

I honestly feel sometime that contents and issues in "Navad" are insults to the intelligent of the average common man unless they are pretty confident they are addressing a bunch of Dehati , who are more than happy to have such material on TV.

It is also interesting to note that this program targets everyone and everything for criticism, it has hardly allowed the viewers to express their views on the contents , authenticity and league matches.
                            Last edited by maij; 11-05-2008, 04:23 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The-Red View Post
                              I didn't read all the comments above, and maybe I should have...but I still think Ferdosipour's existance in our football and media is more beneficial and helpful than his non-existance would be...he seems to be the only guy who questions events and issues that so many don't want to touch and despite the ocassional bad moves by him, I rather have him around and I would personally give him a passing score with his 90 program, despite what many others here think.

I am afraid that is NOT an accurate statement,

If you regularly follow Iranian media , you will find that absolutely EVERYONE questions and addresses issues from the selection of team coaches to the jerseys they are wearing and anything in between. Nothing is too sacred in Iran when it comes to football and everyone is an instant expert the minute they hire them for a job in the papers.

Do you remember the famous quote by someone who said this about a journalist who constantly criticizes ?

"Javab ein fard 'e bist (20) sale namidam"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X