Scenario 1: We qualify to the World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenario 1: We qualify to the World Cup

I know we are in the midst of the qualifying campaign but just wanted to think ahead a little bit.

Assuming we win the next 3 matches, we stand a very very good chance of qualifying to the world cup. Even though I am personally very critical of TM's performances under Daie so far, I have to admit that with the amount of talent we have and the generous 4.5 spots given to AFC, even bad coaching and management cannot fail to qualify this team!

But what then? I am pretty sure in the event that Iran qualifies to the World Cup, there is nobody in the world (except maybe god himself) who can replace Daie as the Team Melli head coach. It is also very likely that IFF will struggle to come up with friendlies and a solid preparation program for the World Cup.

But as Team Melli fans, are you guys happy to let Daie remain the head coach, and prepare the team in 2009 and sit on our bench in the 2010 WC?

If you think about it, in case of qualification, this will be the 3rd time in 4 World Cups that we have made it to the finals. isn't it time to think bigger? isn't it time to think beyond the group stages? Do you believe Daie has the expertise to have a go at second round qualification? Or will he bow out with a series of average performances? Don't you think we need a bigger national coach and staff team if we want to have any chance of taking one step further in the WC?

Interesting question. Of course it barely ever makes sense for a football team (especially when it's not one of the world's topteams) to fire a coach who successfully qualified.

I personally think Daei could make the difference and achieve better results at WC than we previously had. I must say we never had any domestic coach with vast experience of European football. So we either had a bad domestic coach or had to rely on foreign coaches who, however, often had problems with Iranian attitude and especially media. They often failed to earn enough respect of the players to be an undisputed authority.

I think Daei finally is that "mixture" of Iranian and European style we always lacked. Of course he is not the most experienced coach, but he has coaching experience and huge experience as captain and leading player and so I think even if he is not the "ideal" coach (who is not existing currently), he is still better than what we had before, also because the players surely respect him as authority.

Comment

intersting topic...

but i think asian teams will have big problems in general. i mean look at the other continents. they are all superior to us

Comment

Originally posted by ardi11 View Post
        intersting topic...
        but i think asian teams will have big problems in general. i mean look at the other continents. they are all superior to us
        not oceania

Comment

If Daei takes this team to the WC he has every right to try out his luck in the actual WC. Past 2 times we've failed to get out of our group, We'll need a lot of luck if that curse is going to be broken anytime soon, if anything, Daei is the man to do it plus we have the upcoming young talent who will mature by that stage hopefully.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

^He has every right??? TM's coaching job is nobody's right even if they win us the World Cup.

After today's match and after 8 months of waiting and seeing TM play worse and worse after every match. I can honestly say that Daie should be gone, the sooner, the better.

Comment

We're not a terrible situation yet. I know that performance was a disgrace but a draw and a 2nd spot in the group for Iran is No bad.
              No way Daei will get fired anytime soon, who will they replace him with Hadi?have you thought about that?our next game against SK at home in Feb11, If we're going to change coaches then It's better be fast but then I think it will be worse since we have no better coaching options !!

We have about 3 months to get over this and start concentrating on Sk. We need some dam good friendlies before this test.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

Working...
              X