No announcement yet.

The Midfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two cents for this, Nekoonam scored two crucial goals for us which if nothing else those two goals by themselves are more than anyone can ask for. Having said that, Nekoonam in the TM isn't the Nekoonam he used to be. Maybe it is the whole tactic of the TM or some other issues. As a matter of fact our midfield used to be our team's strength. In this final round, I think it hasn't been the case.
    So while no one can deny the weakness of the TM in the center of defense, TM's midfield hasn't been brilliant either.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/b...onathan-wilson
      We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        Against DPR Korea and in UAE Daei actually did what many fans always wanted to see, only 1 DM plus 2 wingers and an OM and I must say I don't think this works well.

Nekounam was all alone in the crucial area in front of the 2 centerhalves too often and in the build-up there was just a huge hole in front of him so he mostly had to go for some backpass or highball.

This midfield variant is making our defense shaky and our offense weaker due to many turnovers in the build-up.

I think we either need a second DM/CM beside Nekounam, for example by adding Teymourian or a similar player instead of an offensive player, or by pulling Bagheri back a bit, or we need to play a real diamond in which the "side" midfielders play a more central (and probably more defensive) role closer to Nekounam.

I think this shows that adding more offensive players and playing a kind of 4-1-3-2 doesn't really sparkle the offense.

This is just one of a couple of problems, but I think it's a tactical one which could be well observed yesterday and I'm sure the coaching staff will not play like this again, unless against pushovers like Singapore.
        Inject Iman Mobali 23 into the Iran midfield and we will be guaranteed a win versus these opponents.
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by police in helicopter View Post
          Very educative read.

I can see the shift to no typical center-forward as Barca and ManU are practicing it.

Comment

Originally posted by police in helicopter View Post
            A very interesting article to read about the 4-2-3-1...
            Nice article and read.

'You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to police in helicopter again'.
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Working...
            X