Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New face and new formation against Korea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New face and new formation against Korea?

We might see a new face (in starting line up) and new formation against Korea.

I personally think Iran may need to make that adjustment to help the defense even though it may cripple Iran's current offense. But that can also be changed if Daei shifts faster to what is coming in near future to be Iran's line up for offensive midfield i.e. Hajsafi--Jabbari--Shojaei.

The trio can form (arguably) the most complete offensive combination we have had, particularly with a true lefty, a fast play maker with very unusual style for Iranian style of play, and "hopefully" a Europe graduate to take his technique to higher level. This would be the first time ever that Iran would have a midfield that would play way above Asian level in moving the ball (speed and accuracy), play making, and over all flow of the game.

The problem with this trio is their defensive skill especially when Iran is already suffering from lack of talent in central defense (in comparison to international level). Which brings us back to two defensive midfielders again.

And that causes two problem again a) takes Rezaei out of starting line up(can be a super sub for right wing or behind striker position) b) puts us in trouble in scoring department as we lack proper forward for one striker formation. Hashemian may come close to be one but not exactly and I am not sure if Khalili can shine in international level as he has in IPL.

Nevertheless, with this weak and slow central defense we have no choice against strong international opponents and especially in WC to use two defensive midfielders and the Korea match might be the returning point to where Daei started, but this time with Hashemian available.
    Last edited by Mansoor; 02-10-2009, 07:29 AM.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
    Go IRAN!

Mansoor jan, I wouldnt want shojaei to be on any flanks as his style doesnt provide much width to the team up front. he also isnt very good in defending.

So if he's supposed to be a right or left mid, that side ( especially the defender behind him ) will be exposed to opponents' attacks and in our offense, the upper 1/3rd of the field is rendered useless !

Unfortunately , his best position is where players like jabbari and navidkia excel in, especially when it comes to TEAM-WORK and being in service of the team.

For the right side, however, I'd pick guys like heidari who's up and coming and has all the requisites for that post, especially the areas where shojaei falls short. Kazemian is another prospect for this post as he's proven to be quite adept in attacking and wide plays, as well as defending adequately.
    Neither are picked , btw !!!!

-------------

As the left side, I'm totally with you.
    hajsafi has been brilliant in the past 2 seasons and he truly deserves to start at TM. especially when we see khalatbari fail in giving width to the team and not really participating in defense.
    Having madanchi as another option makes our left side well stocked.( It's a different matter that one doesnt get invited and the other has to watch the game from the bench !!!!!!!! )

You see the symmetry of shortcomings on both flanks in daei's picks? shojaei and khalatbari, both fall short in defending and wide plays.
    That's becoz both are more CENTRAL midfielders than wide ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Mansoor View Post
      We might see a new face (in starting line up) and new formation against Korea.
      I personally think Iran may need to make that adjustment to help the defense even though it may cripple Iran's current offense. But that can also be changed if Daei shifts faster to what is coming in near future to be Iran's line up for offensive midfield i.e. Hajsafi--Jabbari--Shojaei.
      The trio can form (arguably) the most complete offensive combination we have had, particularly with a true lefty, a fast play maker with very unusual style for Iranian style of play, and "hopefully" a Europe graduate to take his technique to higher level. This would be the first time ever that Iran would have a midfield that would play way above Asian level in moving the ball (speed and accuracy), play making, and over all flow of the game.
      The problem with this trio is their defensive skill especially when Iran is already suffering from lack of talent in central defense (in comparison to international level). Which brings us back to two defensive midfielders again.
      And that causes two problem again a) takes Rezaei out of starting line up(can be a super sub for right wing or behind striker position) b) puts us in trouble in scoring department as we lack proper forward for one striker formation. Hashemian may come close to be one but not exactly and I am not sure if Khalili can shine in international level as he has in IPL.
      Nevertheless, with this weak and slow central defense we have no choice against strong international opponents and especially in WC to use two defensive midfielders and the Korea match might be the returning point to where Daei started, but this time with Hashemian available.

are u talking about hossein kazemi playing next to nekounam in a 4-2-3-1 formation mansoor khan?
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Let me highlight the part you might have missed:
        and "hopefully" a Europe graduate to take his technique to higher level.

Shojaei is being used in his club in that position and "hopefully" can graduate from his European university as the combination I have mentioned is projected for next year .... I never thought I would say this as I also disagreed to use Shojaei in wings but I see a totally different ball game from him in his club which "might" be a good sign ...
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
        Go IRAN!

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
          are u talking about hossein kazemi playing next to nekounam in a 4-2-3-1 formation mansoor khan?
          Mokhlesim. Let's wait and see as nothing is certain.
          Go IRAN!

Comment

Aaah ... "HOPE".
            Hope is a good thing. The right thing to have.

I also hope one day we'd have a TM list without any black-lists and devoid of personal indulgences.
            As Obama has correctly coined it; the AUDACITY of hope.

===================

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post

neegah neegah. een esteghlali ro, too een sholooghi, chetori een vasat mikhad ye esteghlali ro ba zoor bechepooneh too team!!!

But seriously, why shd we go back to 4-2-3-1 ?
            of these 3 mids behind the sole striker ( do we have a henry or VNR??? ), how many of them score goals frequently?
            neither shojaei nor jabbari are or can be called "goal scoring" mids.
            Ehsan does it sometimes, but is he consistent?
            So this formation puts an extraordinary amount of pressure on the sole forward to make things happen and score plenty of goals and be highly active, tough, ....etc. WHOM do we have in Iran who can satisfy this?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              Aaah ... "HOPE".
              Hope is a good thing. The right thing to have.

I also hope one day we'd have a TM list without any black-lists and devoid of personal indulgences.
              I think you are mixing hope and "dream". The word Iran in Team Melli Iran and "devoid of personal indulgences" are contradictory terms and can only be seen in "dreams". Dream of changing culture for better and many other factors to make such "side effect" a "hope" ...

But in term of Shojaei, that is a hope in the making of becoming reality, "hopefully" soon ....
              Go IRAN!

Comment

playing Kazemi, Bagheri and Nekonam at the same time is a very bad idea.

Comment

^^ hehe.
                  very true. that would be a "dream" more than anything else.
                  ..... sadly !

Comment

Here is what the Korean coach said to the FIFA reporter :

""However Huh Jung-Moo's side, who were recently held 1-1 by Syria, will undoubtedly tighten their defense to keep the hosts at bay. "We gave the Syrians too many chances and we mustn't repeat the mistakes against Iran," says the Korea Republic coach.""

My take on his words are that, Korea will plan to play a deffensive game...,which is understandable,due to playing in AZADI,and already being ahead 2 points.....
                    So, if that is the case...TM will not have much of " Counter attack chances...and we may see our offense get frustrated by Korean defense...specialy since TM lacking a finsher....

I do not see jabbari being ready to play in TM yet...but Hajsafi may be due for a break through !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                      Playing Bagheri is a bad idea no matter what! But this might actually help Bagheri as he can hide behind the lone striker and let one of the two defensive midfielders also play the role of a central midfielder and then let Bagheri get closer to the box. I think over all it is a bad idea to use a 1998 star in 2009, particularly to play in such a position requiring the most energy, dynamic, ball handling, etc, but if you have to twist my arm, I would go with two players behind him and pushing Bagheri forward a bit ...
                      Last edited by Mansoor; 02-10-2009, 01:35 PM.
                      Go IRAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

neegah neegah. een esteghlali ro, too een sholooghi, chetori een vasat mikhad ye esteghlali ro ba zoor bechepooneh too team!!!

But seriously, why shd we go back to 4-2-3-1 ?
                        of these 3 mids behind the sole striker ( do we have a henry or VNR??? ), how many of them score goals frequently?
                        neither shojaei nor jabbari are or can be called "goal scoring" mids.
                        Ehsan does it sometimes, but is he consistent?
                        So this formation puts an extraordinary amount of pressure on the sole forward to make things happen and score plenty of goals and be highly active, tough, ....etc. WHOM do we have in Iran who can satisfy this?

1)kazemi has been on fire in esteghlal and in IPL, one of the best DMs in iran at the moment, if not the best.
                        2)more importantly, thats wat fars news predicted based on TM training today, so i was just confirming

as for 4-2-3-1, i still think 4-2-3-1 is a good option for TM when our defense is so vulnerable.
                        besides, bagheri has done reasonably well in perspolis when playing 4-2-3-1 behind the striker cos i think his role in defense will be less than the one in 4-4-2 which inturn means he will have to worry more about wat he does well - scoring, and not participate in defense and tire himself out.

that being said, i still wish either navidkia or jabbari would have been invited and we could use bagheri as a super sub the last 25 mintues of the game!
                        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                          although they might not be the fastest of combo's, i think the 3 of them gives a very strong physical presence and superiority to TM over korea in the middle of the field which we could exploit.
                          a lot of tackling, long range shots (hopefully since all 3 are shot takers) and even headers can help finish them off.
                          Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 02-10-2009, 08:14 AM.
                          ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                            ....I do not see jabbari being ready to play in TM yet...but Hajsafi may be due for a break through !!!
                            Mokhlesim. The trio were projected for next year. Jabbari in his current form is very fragile(!) and could reinjur himself any moment. That is why he is not invited as the pressure in TM practice is the last thing he needs to end his career! Jabbari should stay out till he is completely fit ...

Daei is not using Hajsafi yet as his experience against UAE was devastating for Hajsafi and the pressure almost broke Hajsafi. Some players in Iran never recover from such break downs and that is why Daei is giving time to him to grow into it.
                            Go IRAN!

Comment

Originally posted by Mansoor View Post
                              Daei is not using Hajsafi yet as his experience against UAE was devastating for Hajsafi and the pressure almost broke Hajsafi. Some players in Iran never recover from such break downs and that is why Daei is giving time to him to grow into it.
                              Mansoor jaan, !!
                              What devastating experince ??!!..........Would you explain please !!.....

Comment

Working...
                              X