ShaGholam's talent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ShaGholam's talent

Well, I feel he is someone knowing how to DESTROY a better team's game and how to REACT to a better team's actions.

That is a good thing for low league teams, but it is a very different thing to make a team dominate a weaker or equal opponent and to overcome a deep defending destructive team.

I think for Team Omid you will mostly need the latter ability, which I doubt he can deliver.

Comment

I think looking at their results show that Moghevemat are a "reacting" team. One can see they meanwhile won more games abroad than at home, and out of the 5 games they won at home, 4 were against top 6 teams (Perspolis, Esteghlal, Mes and Sepahan) while they only managed to draw the likes of Aboumoslem, Malavan or Pegah at home, losing to Rah Ahan for example. Those teams didn't come to win, they came to earn a draw and they couldn't do anything about it. But the big teams wanted the three points and that is what Moghavemat and Peyrovani can counter.

So with all due to respect for his work, I have my doubts about him being successful with Team Omid.

Comment

Arsen Wanger of Iran.

Comment

the guy surely deserves credit...one of the most underrated coaches in Iran....he has always had the most noname players and has achieved the best possible results with those players, making some of them into stars, at least for our standards...

I wish him luck with the Omid team...hope the Omid team players get to have the same chemistry with him as he does with Fajr players.
          sigpic
          Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

I agree with martin.
            on the "destroyer of big teams" definitely. and slightly on the "reacting team".

perhaps it's a matter of motivation and desire to prove ppl wrong that injects that extra energy, that extra drive into him and thus, his players for these big games. I assume his collection of average players in his teams has a lot to do with this.

but lets not forget, his players are not exactly super-stars. so we dont know how he'd behave with the very BEST Iran can offer. perhaps he'd .... I dont know. .... maybe I'm hoping he'd cover for the other half of the glass too, and prepares a team that takes care of both stronger as well as weaker opposition.

... but then again, we may see a different scenario with a collection of Iran's best talent. But one thing is for sure, majority of these players may be very talented, but are NOT fat-headed "stars" .... yet. the majority still has to make their mark in Iran's football and the drive and motivation will be there.
            So I think it's safer to bet on him than against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

but lets not forget, his players are not exactly super-stars. so we dont know how he'd behave with the very BEST Iran can offer. perhaps he'd .... I dont know. .... maybe I'm hoping he'd cover for the other half of the glass too, and prepares a team that takes care of both stronger as well as weaker opposition.
              Yeah, sure, I mean it would be idiotic to impose another tactic with that player material. He is doing the right thing. I just mean his track record for 'good' teams is non-existant and since I count our TO into the pool of good Asian U23 teams, I think this might be problematic.

Comment

i think one reason he does well against bigger teams is because bigger teams often play openly infront of them for the 3 points and provide them space for exploiting. i think moghavemat will have problems against teams who played a closed compact defensive game and just come for a draw and rely on counter attacks....
                unfortunately, i dont have any data with me, but i wouldnt be surprised if shahgolam's teams often faces difficulty with Dr. Z or firouz Karimi's teams for example....

2 more important factors i have noticed about moghavemat both of which relate to one factor = dedication and commitment to the team:

1)they are really a hardworking, never tiring team. even in the 90th minute, moghavemat would counter attack with 4 5 players but defend also with 8 - 9 players. endless running and hardwork which is a clear characteristic of gholam peyrovani himself!

2)u hardly find any selfish player in shah gholam's teams. to them, wat matters is teams result, not individual success. very rarely do u see their midfielders or forwards taking shots at the goal selfishly when they have open team mates around them. this can be directly related to shah gholam himself who has proven once and again that he is a down to earth man and wat matters to him is his team's performance, and nothing else. i think he instills the meaning of "team" and "united" into his players who all work for one common goal, and that is the success of the team, rather than success of individual players! then u have the likes of borhani, nikbakht and khatibi in the top teams....
                Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 03-03-2009, 12:38 PM.
                Originally posted by siavasharian
                ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

My dad always says that look at this Shagholam: Every season, he loses his best players to the rich teams, and has to make a new team with no name stars, and he always manages to keep his team in the middle of the table with youngsters.

Very true. Shagholam is an expert at creating stars. Most of our great players today were introduced by him... Now I don't know if it's a coincidence or whatnot, but Rahmati, Madanchi, Akbarpour and others that I can't think of now are all his former apprentices.

How will he perform with TM Omid, we shall see.. But I do know that Iranian football owes a lot to this man...Especially when you hear about the mess our entire fotball organization is in, but you still manage to find these gems in the system nonetheless.

We thank and support Mr. Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to the Iranian Football Community.

Comment

^ well, to be honest and not taking anything away from shagholam, Fajr is given a bit extra credit for supposedly "introducing" stars to other teams.

Fajr being a military team, ABSORBS talent from all over Iran when they reach the age for military service. and that includes highly talented players from other developing clubs like foolad, sepahan, ss-A, zob, ... .
                    players who, if left to their clubs, would flourish NOT at fajr, but at foolad or sepahan or .... etc.

yes, shagholam does a great job of making a NEW team every 1 or 2 seasons. but when it comes to developing talents, we must also give credit to the clubs that FEED Fajr ( and other military clubs ) also.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      ^ well, to be honest and not taking anything away from shagholam, Fajr is given a bit extra credit for supposedly "introducing" stars to other teams.

Fajr being a military team, ABSORBS talent from all over Iran when they reach the age for military service. and that includes highly talented players from other developing clubs like foolad, sepahan, ss-A, zob, ... .
                      players who, if left to their clubs, would flourish NOT at fajr, but at foolad or sepahan or .... etc.

yes, shagholam does a great job of making a NEW team every 1 or 2 seasons. but when it comes to developing talents, we must also give credit to the clubs that FEED Fajr ( and other military clubs ) also.
                      I think that the head coach plays a very important role in bringing out the best in a player, regardless of their situation..

Look at Borhani and Ghalenoei for example.

And that's partly why I said maybe it's a coincidence .

"Shahgholam Peyrovani is an expert at getting great results with younger players."

Let's leave it at that lol .

We thank and support Mr. Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to the Iranian Football Community.

Comment

He grow up many talented players too..

M.Rahmati,Ashena,Beykzadeh,Khanzadeh,Madanchi,Rava nkhah,Tahmasebi,Fatemi,Rajabzadeh,Seyed Abbasi,G.Rezaei,Akbarpour,Ansarian,Fekri,Samereh,A lizadeh,Makani,Emamifar...And now,they have Motevaselzadeh,Goudarzi,Khaleghifar and their solid defenders.
                        My favorite Duo:Karimi & Kavianpour

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                          I think looking at their results show that Moghevemat are a "reacting" team. One can see they meanwhile won more games abroad than at home, and out of the 5 games they won at home, 4 were against top 6 teams (Perspolis, Esteghlal, Mes and Sepahan) while they only managed to draw the likes of Aboumoslem, Malavan or Pegah at home, losing to Rah Ahan for example. Those teams didn't come to win, they came to earn a draw and they couldn't do anything about it. But the big teams wanted the three points and that is what Moghavemat and Peyrovani can counter.

So with all due to respect for his work, I have my doubts about him being successful with Team Omid.
                          I believe the passivity will come in handy in a tournament like Olympics Qualifications since the matches will be played with long gaps in between, thats how Benitez makes Liverpool successful in CL, they play it passive always crouching and waiting for the opponents' mistakes, same was with Capello's Juventus.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdy View Post
                            He grow up many talented players too..

M.Rahmati,Ashena,Beykzadeh,Khanzadeh,Madanchi,Rava nkhah,Tahmasebi,Fatemi,Rajabzadeh,Seyed Abbasi,G.Rezaei,Akbarpour,Ansarian,Fekri,Samereh,A lizadeh,Makani,Emamifar...And now,they have Motevaselzadeh,Goudarzi,Khaleghifar and their solid defenders.
                            Thanks Mehdy jan for filling up the blank.

As mentioned, since military service is required in Iran (2 years); and since Pas and Fajr are military-related teams, maybe some of those players didn't really have a choice but to play there.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X