What is happening with our football?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is happening with our football?

After watching two ACL games today, seeing our top teams losing one after one, both at home and away, I wounder if we will see any football glory in coming 3-4 years. Very sad. This is what I was talking about in my previous thread " Are we any good at all". Our top teams cant even beat mediocre Qatari teams.

Overrated players, bad domestic coaches, no youth work.

I wonder how we could be successful all these years.

To me this also shows how underrated the likes of Ivankovic or Bonacic were.

Comment

LOL.
      2009 is turning out to be one bloody depressing year !!

and as the older generation of stars slowly move aside, the new generation lacks the quality to fill those big shoes and we see the decline

Comment

Good point.

I think the biggest problem is the missing goalgetter upfront. This is what you need to get results.

I don't think we played great in the past decade. But we had goalscorers, mainly Daei but also Azizi, Karimi or sometimes Hashemian, who made the difference often.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
          After watching two ACL games today, seeing our top teams losing one after one, both at home and away, I wounder if we will see any football glory in coming 3-4 years. Very sad. This is what I was talking about in my previous thread " Are we any good at all". Our top teams cant even beat mediocre Qatari teams.

sigpic

Comment

other teams are developing rapidly thanx to their huge investments but we are still trying to rely on our individual brilliances and now that our new generation arent as brilliant as our past generation, this is wat happens...
            Originally posted by siavasharian
            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Pretty much.

Iran has relied on 'raw talents' being thrown in the midst of the football system(Azizi, Karimi, Mahdavikia, Daei), instead of building a system that can produce talents.

When the reliance is placed on the system, there is some measure of consistency(see Australia, for example). However, when the system needs to hope that a miracle player comes along every few years, when he doesn't come...well, we find ourselves in 2009.
              Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

i think i should mention one thing:

when our leagues top perfomers are at this level, it should indicate where our real football is in asia.

when these same players who are getting owned in ACL by teams from uzbekistan and qatar are supposedly superstars in IPL, it clearly shows how much we are OVER ESTIMATING our players.

why dont we ask ourselves how many of our IPL "stars" have failed to shine on an international level?

our players might have more potential or be more skilled than other nationality players, but overall, our players arent good enough and have MAJOR football flaws.
                add to that our weak infrastructure, our poor management, our incapable coaches and that pulls us further down!
                Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 04-07-2009, 05:41 PM.
                Originally posted by siavasharian
                ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

I have another theory connected to my thread.

No team with an Iranian coach can be successful over a longer period.

Maybe it is too easy, but it might be the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                    I have another theory connected to my thread.

No team with an Iranian coach can be successful over a longer period.

Maybe it is too easy, but it might be the key.
                    very well said...

all the above said, I also think we should not overreact and remember that in football often events and decisions during a game change a game and at the moment we are just going through some bad times and that's not to say that what you all said is not correct, but I am sure this phase shall pass too and there is enough in our football to pull through these bad times.
                    Last edited by The-Red; 04-07-2009, 06:21 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

I said this after the 2006 World Cup (when Iran's new regime came into power) and I will say this again.

Our current state of football, is a mirror reflection of the current state of our country.
                      We have gone downhill in EVERY SINGLE aspect , and football is no exception.

Comment

football makes a lot of money, so there are plenty of wolves around it.
                        Football is also a very good Political tool, so there are plenty of politicians around it. These two facts are true every where.

take those facts about football, and add the fact that in Iran, it is the Government that owns the whole football apparatus. he, who owns it, runs it.

So, let's recap.
                        Money, political gain, ran by government people!
                        Platform all set up for disaster.

Look at our Volleyball, Basketball and futsal teams! they haven't done too bad. in fact they have done awesome. and they too are run and managed by the same IR, the same mullahs, the same STB, the same country, the same people..

Why is that?
                        IMO, because there is no money in them. so the assholes and wolves, stay away for the most parts..

I am sure you have all heard : "football-e ma sahaab nadareh"! well, Sahaab nadareh pool ham ziad toosh hast.. what can we expect to get back when both are true??
                        the mess that we have on our hand.

Privatization, that's the only way.

Comment

I'm afraid I must bring this up again after today's games. Sepahan losing at home, their own coach (Kazemi) admitted that they didnt manage to create a one single goal opportunity while PP was trashed by this unknown Qatari team. I mean I dont remember when was last time a Iranian team in a international competition conceded 5 goals!!!

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post

Unless football is organized and managed competently and to the highest possible degree of professionalism, the success of Iranian football will be far apart, periodic and patchy.
                            Unless there is a serious progress of mentality and culture, success will be rare and sporadic.
                            Unless there is an effective program of resource management in football, the chances of winning trophies and championships will be low.
                            Perfectly said .

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                              I'm afraid I must bring this up again after today's games.
                              With the current state of our football I am afraid you will need to bring this thread up again! Bookmark this page so that you can save yourself some time
                              2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

Working...
                              X