The TIPS Formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
    and how many times have u mentioned "IN MY OPINION" in all these years payman jan?
    Strike

Comment

I think Gholamnejad has TIPS.
      My favorite Duo:Karimi & Kavianpour

Comment

Originally posted by mehdy View Post
        I think Gholamnejad has TIPS.
        I would say more than Heydari, who might win the S, while levelling on P.

Comment

to yashar
          1- it is ALWAYS "my opinion" until I make a "factual" point which I demarcate with a little word, "fact".

but I dont make "references" based on my opinion after that.

to martin
          2- to me, Haydari qualifies for all the criteria ... IRRESPECTIVE of where he plays.

looks like we're still stuck with "WHERE X plays" more than "HOW X plays" !
          one would think we'd learn...

to adesy
          3- well you said "they've got only these", ... which automatically & naturally mean they dont have the other factors.

Comment

Often where someone plays has much to do with how he plays .

Comment

are we gonn a waste time going back & forth on some "GENERAL" statements, or be more "SPECIFIC" and "case-based" here?
              coz I shd know if this is serious or just some "while-my-time-away" discussion.

Comment

Last comment rather the latter .

Comment

P=personality really? not physicality?

PFDC 10 Years & Counting
                  We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                  For some nice Lounge & Chillout head to -->http://www.youtube.com/user/mkbf86

Comment

Originally posted by mkbf2 View Post
                    P=personality really? not physicality?
                    Actually you could be right. It could be physique. Someone translated this in main forum and I overtook, let me check.

Comment

I assume the T.I.T.S. formula was applied for Mobaali's case by branko/daei ( not much of a difference in this issue).

T-technique
                      I-intelligence
                      T-tackling the right/wrong player
                      S-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                        Ghotbi said he will chose his squad according to the TIPS formula.
                        Technique
                        Intelligence (football)
                        Personality
                        Speed
                        I honestly must say I don't see many Iranian players being outstanding in all of those departments.
                        Who do you think makes TM under that formula...?
                        Mobali and Kazemian.
                        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post

Much will be a matter of taste and bias, but it can be interesting.
                          that's what I believe too.. TIPS and TITS are all good (specially TITS ), but taste and "personal preference" takes over all of the other factors, specially when we consider upper 1/3 of players are very close in the "numbers"

Comment

There is also the additional factor of ; " Coachabilty ".
                            That is to say, how a player implements what he is told to do !,and if he can learn...or if he is like a " Old Dog ", and learns nothing new....
                            Players like Nikbakht, or even Karimi, will never learn new things...not even in Europe by top coaches......, as players like mahdavikia, whom once said, he was the least taleneted player in his youth team, became what he became ,mostly because, he knew how listen,and do as he was told....

Comment

A few that people haven't mentioned:

I think Khalatbari qualifies too on this criteria.

Also Zandi for a more central midfield role, where speed is less important does too.

Hosseini also qualifies (technique is not great, but sufficient for a centre back)

Comment

going by TIPS or TITS I think aghili is going to get slashed or at least lose his first team spot.

my God what a horrendous performance against alshabab !!!
                                he was absolutely pathetic on both goals conceded !!!!

and some asked me why I preferred shakouri to aghili in my signature a few weeks back

Comment

Working...
                                X