My opinion regarding Ghotbi!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My opinion regarding Ghotbi!!!

While watching Navad program interviewing Ghotbi, I think he is the best option we have right now, he has the least side-issues, has known both Korea teams, the longest experience to run a national team (rather than a club), prestige and transparency (comparing to the others), and a few more like language and not stink ( ), positive attitude, ...

And also we have little chance any way.

I really liked Daei, but his stubbornness in Karimi situation forced me to think again whether he really can be a "MANAGER" or not.

Cheers,

While I believe even a fusion of Capello and Hitzfiel couldnt get us to WC, I think Ghotbi was our most reasonable and realistic chance for TM coach.

Comment

Also I got lots of hope after the Navad interview, specially when he answered Ferdowsipour's questions in technical and managerial details about TM preparations and the 3 camp blocks etc...

he has a strategy, which makes sence............, which no European coach could develop in that short period of time without know-how of Iranian players, and neither no domestic coach.
      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Right on money both of you, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
          I really liked Daei, but his stubbornness in Karimi situation forced me to think again whether he really can be a "MANAGER" or not.
          even the tough IRON & STEEL can be molded and be malleable and "tempered" with time.
          Daei, too, needs a few years as a club coach to be "tempered" and "weathered" to be a more balanced head coach. a few wins and a few losses will surely make a great coach out of him in a few years' time.

Comment

I don't get where Daei was stubborn on Karimi. First Karimi was suspended by IFF, then he announced his resignation from TM, so I assume you mean the KSA game, when, to my knowledge, Karimi was still suffering from an injury which had kept him out of action for 3 weeks and then troubled him for another 2 weeks (in which he probably desperately tried to show to Daei he was fit in ACL, but at least couldn't convince me), and then not even allowing him to play in the league in the round after the KSA game even.

Comment

Ghotbi's personality, his experiences both with IPL and the Koreans, and his demeanor is what makes him a very good choice to run TM at this point in time considering our situation, and our other options.

As I have said before, these next 3 games aren't about coaching, specially this next game against NK. This is all about attitude and it will come down to who wants it more. Who will step up and take care of business?? That's the question.

Ghotbi is the best option to get our guys fired up emotionally and psychologically.. He did it with Perspolis and god willing he will (and he will ) do it with TM. Daie's personality was too dry for our boys at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                I don't get where Daei was stubborn on Karimi. First Karimi was suspended by IFF, then he announced his resignation from TM, so I assume you mean the KSA game, when, to my knowledge, Karimi was still suffering from an injury which had kept him out of action for 3 weeks and then troubled him for another 2 weeks (in which he probably desperately tried to show to Daei he was fit in ACL, but at least couldn't convince me), and then not even allowing him to play in the league in the round after the KSA game even.
                This is where you and Daei came short <<<being diplomatic>>>, I was in the stadium, the only slogan before the match was "Daei yadet bashe, Karimi to team bashe", after the first S.Arabia goal the atmospher of the stadium changed so dramatically that the whole team lost their confidence, the second goal came in minute 80, but it was all kind of objects coming down from the stands.... if we were playing another 300000000 hours , nothing would have happened but more goals from Saudie's.

....keep the long story short... if Karimi was on the bench, and was subbed after the first goal, I think Daei was still the coach. You can argue that people were wrong, they are hologans,.... but I tell you, those swearing at Daei in front of Ahmadi-Nejad and Ali-Abadi left no room for supporting him.

End of story. This is where his stubbornness cost his job.

Comment

While the topic here is " My opinion regarding Ghotbi ", I hope that means, we also could state our opinion of Ghotbi as well......

In my opinion, which I have said it before on these forums....Ghotbi is going to start a revolution !!!!
                  Not that he is any intelegent or anything.....it is just Iranian people are getting used to deal with,and likeing , Western way of thinking !, ( Which they call it : " Adabbiat e Tazeh " ,... that is Ghotbi's...which is also closer to what all of us,here in PFDC,think like !!!!
                  We all, out side of Iran in Western lands, are much closer in thinking, to Ghotbi than, likes of Mayeli Kohan..which is dominant Charactor within Iranian culture......
                  Ghotbi, will be a " Catalist ", for us Iranians of out side, and Iranians of Inside closer !!!, and that may help expedite getting rid of Islamic revolution !

He is also proveing more intelegent and savy than many gave him credit for !.....as he is handleing himself in a difficult situation ,in a unfamiliar situation...among the woleves !

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
                    This is where you and Daei came short <<<being diplomatic>>>, I was in the stadium, the only slogan before the match was "Daei yadet bashe, Karimi to team bashe", after the first S.Arabia goal the atmospher of the stadium changed so dramatically that the whole team lost their confidence, the second goal came in minute 80, but it was all kind of objects coming down from the stands.... if we were playing another 300000000 hours , nothing would have happened but more goals from Saudie's.
                    ....keep the long story short... if Karimi was on the bench, and was subbed after the first goal, I think Daei was still the coach. You can argue that people were wrong, they are hologans,.... but I tell you, those swearing at Daei in front of Ahmadi-Nejad and Ali-Abadi left no room for supporting him.
                    End of story. This is where his stubbornness cost his job.
                    If the coach thinks Karimi is not ready, and I very much agree he was not, he shall under no circumstances invite him and sacrifice one of 18 spots for an unfit player, no matter how diplomatic that would have been.

Karimi wouldn't have helped him further, he would have lost anyway then and wouldn't just have been fired, but also a wimp.

Comment

If the coach thinks Karimi is not ready, and I very much agree he was not, he shall under no circumstances invite him and sacrifice one of 18 spots for an unfit player, no matter how diplomatic that would have been.
                      .... that is IF ALL those 18 spots were given to the MOST DESERVING players.
                      if that was so, then you may have a case.
                      but was it?
                      many dont think so.

that KSA game had so many talking points, be it the selected players, to the line up, to the formation, to the subs' choices, to subs' timings and ..... that I think even a half-fit karimi, if used for even a half, would have had pretty good impact on our team.
                      perhaps a review of this thread and points could refresh us on all the mistakes and perhaps we'd accept even a half-fit karimi would have done better than kazemi or shojaei, rezaei or even khalatbari.

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=72024

Comment

^ Regardless of names, if a coach thinks a player is not ready and not among the best 18, should he select him for the final squad for non-sporting reasons, such as diplomacy and pleasing the crowds?

No ifs and buts and accusations please, just a straight answer please.

Comment

Karimi wouldn't have helped him further, he would have lost anyway then and wouldn't just have been fired, but also a wimp.
                          As I predicted you are too much into "principle".

At the end of the day, football is a "show" and a coach needs to go a bit with the public opinion. He chose 17, let the people choose one.

Martin jan, People love Karimi.... and it's proven over and over that he is in the border-line even in Daei's book. He is chosen, for god sake, one of the candidate of "player of the year" by many experts.

I tell you, he was stubborn. He told several times that I never invite him again. Well, he stood with his words.

Comment

One thing is for sure and that is if Karimi was in the squad, no matter he played against KSA or not, Daei would have been the coach today. This is football and its about fans emotions witch makes people in the top to make decisions. That is exactly what Qhotbi is doing right now. It's about diplomacy. He knows just like Behzad jan said, that he cant do much of tactical changes in the team but mostly psychological but what he's thinking of is to invite the "RIGHT" players and shut down the protests.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                              That is exactly what Qhotbi is doing right now. It's about diplomacy. ...
                              Right on spot, and some may think if he is too much into popularity contest.

I am becoming into conclusion that "Manager" is different than the "coach" and for a national team a manager may be more successful than a coach. What a manger needs, choose the right blend and making puplicity for his decision by winning the crowd's love.

Comment

Working...
                              X