No announcement yet.

My opinion regarding Ghotbi!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ This would be absolutely unprofessional. Did Aragones ask if it's popular to exclude Raul? No, he was convinced of his squad and made it.

The crowd is alway clueless, if a coach adapts his selection to their expectations, he will be doomed to fail without a doubt.

Comment

Martin jan, Just like Hajagha said, you are too principal. And I think another reason to your different way of thinking than us is that you are not grown up in that country and with this people. You think far too "European". You simply cant find anything in our football to compare with European with.

Comment

The pressure in Europe from the public is at least as big as in Iran. But professional work demands that the coach selects his squad without caring about public opinion or influence from federation and government.

European standards must be the target if our football shall not vanish in mediocrity.

Comment

I agree with Martin that a coach should never give into people's demand to please them. However, this list by ghotbi is a 40 player list. I strongly doubt that on the final roster Ghotbi will have a single player based on people's wishes. what Ghotbi did with this list is to sort of change some the negative atmosphere hovering over our TM. The final list will have nothing do with any of that stuff. If Ghotbi takes Karimi to TM and gives him playing time, that's because he really think he can help. His pledge to IPL coaches, his statement about calling Daie for his input, are all based on the old "one stone two birds" concept. a combination of "PR" and good management.

for example; when he said he will call Daie up, Does it matter if he does or not or whether Daie receives his call well or not? probably don't matter. but just by attempting it, he affects the whole "publicity" issue and it is also in itself not a bad idea to get some input from the old coach who worked with these guys.

Ghotbi will not use a player because fans like him. He didn't do it at Perspolis and that's the main reason he left Perspolis. He'll do what he wants.

Comment

Originally posted by BehzadB View Post
            I agree with Martin that a coach should never give into people's demand to please them. However, this list by ghotbi is a 40 player list. I strongly doubt that on the final roster Ghotbi will have a single player based on people's wishes. what Ghotbi did with this list is to sort of change some the negative atmosphere hovering over our TM. The final list will have nothing do with any of that stuff. If Ghotbi takes Karimi to TM and gives him playing time, that's because he really think he can help. His pledge to IPL coaches, his statement about calling Daie for his input, are all based on the old "one stone two birds" concept. a combination of "PR" and good management.
            for example; when he said he will call Daie up, Does it matter if he does or not or whether Daie receives his call well or not? probably don't matter. but just by attempting it, he affects the whole "publicity" issue and it is also in itself not a bad idea to get some input from the old coach who worked with these guys.
            Ghotbi will not use a player because fans like him. He didn't do it at Perspolis and that's the main reason he left Perspolis. He'll do what he wants.
            Behzad jan, do you really think that the guy who has been away from our football few months can select 40 players just like he had been in Iran and watching every IPL game? Believe me that out of this list, he's selected both players that he thinks could help him but also names with resume and he just hopes that their resume is up to date and they will be helpful. I mean look at Samereh, he's been selected as the worst foreign player in UAE. How could he help our TM?
            Last edited by Essi; 05-03-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I completely agree with Behzad. I don't think Ghotbi will be selecting his final squad according to fans' wishes.

The big list now doesn't hurt. Any coach who would accept public influence on his final selection, is an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                ^ This would be absolutely unprofessional. Did Aragones ask if it's popular to exclude Raul? No, he was convinced of his squad and made it.

The crowd is alway clueless, if a coach adapts his selection to their expectations, he will be doomed to fail without a doubt.
                Look who is jobless.

A true good manager always find a way to "win" and winning the crowd is another win.

Accept the fact that DAEI was/is too arogant.

You never have total control over football, it's proven over and over that even the greatest teams sometime lose. If you don't have an "exit door" for your strategy, you will be doomed to fail without a doubt (as you said).

Daei should had won and won and won to justify why he didn't invite Karimi, the first lost and he was out. I don't call it "smart move".

Cheers

Comment

you guys talk about "popular opinion" as if we're living in bizzarro world!

apart from the color influenced support, almost all the popular players ARE good performers. you dont see lousy players get such popular support often, do you?
                  I cant think of an example. anyone can?

now, if you consider a large 40 man list .... not a 20 man, ... it is obvious it will look like this.
                  so bringing in matters like "popularity" is pretty irrelevant .

so stop using "popularity" to such extents to excuse or justify other motives.

Comment

Public opinion is worth shit. If it was different, team rosters would be determined by public vote.

It to some extend reflects reality, but it's by far not accurate enough to match a pro coaching staff's knowledge and infomation.
                    Last edited by Martin-Reza; 05-03-2009, 10:21 AM.

Comment

frankly, i dont even think he has made the list himself.
                      my reason being, the fact that when ferdosipour asked him if he has invited ashjari or not, he said he doesnt even remember!

i dont get how a coach, who invites TM players for the first time, doesnt even remember if he invited hassan ashjari or not!
                      it doesnt make sense!
                      when a coach invites a squad, he has done it based on certain circumstances which means if ghotbi had invited ashjari, he had invited him based on certain circumstances as well. so how is it possible for him to not even remember if he invited ashjari or not? so he either didnt make the list himself, or he just quickly made a list of all TM regulars in the past few years without really following the team and players himself
                      its like i invite 40 people to my bday and then say i dont remember if i invited this friend of mine or not. there is a possiblity my some other friend wont remember the entire 40 guests i have invited but i myself who have personally invited all 40 guests know exactly who i have invited and who i havent!

but i wouldnt be surprised if some technical committee or maybe even IFF officials made this list themselves and handed it over to ghotbi, and have asked him to shrink it down eventually.
                      maybe to save time, maybe to keep the public happy, maybe they felt they could make a big list themselves or watever other reason it is....
                      Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 05-03-2009, 11:27 AM.
                      Originally posted by siavasharian
                      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

^ he said he's automatically invited daei's list plus added some names he wanted.

and frankly a 40 man list doesnt need such hoopla.
                        wait till it reaches the final 30 or 25, then we'll see.

Comment

but if he had automatically invited daei's list, he would have also invited mohammad nouri and gholamnejad.

besides, this shows that he doesnt even know ashjari was our starting LB under Daei and TM?? was he even following TM recently??

weird....kaseyi zire nim kasast for sure...

but yea, inviting 40 players isnt a big deal, specially if coaches invite the first time. GN did it, capello also did it with england. it gives a chance to the coach to observe more players in the camp and then reduce the squad in time.
                          also, it can help reduce the hashie and criticisms by media and critics and gives the coach a chance to eliminate any player he doesnt want with legitimate excuses like X wasnt fit enough, or Y didnt have the attributes i desire or watever...
                          ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                          بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
                            but if he had automatically invited daei's list, he would have also invited mohammad nouri and gholamnejad.

besides, this shows that he doesnt even know ashjari was our starting LB under Daei and TM?? was he even following TM recently??

weird....kaseyi zire nim kasast for sure...

but yea, inviting 40 players isnt a big deal, specially if coaches invite the first time. GN did it, capello also did it with england. it gives a chance to the coach to observe more players in the camp and then reduce the squad in time.
                            also, it can help reduce the hashie and criticisms by media and critics and gives the coach a chance to eliminate any player he doesnt want with legitimate excuses like X wasnt fit enough, or Y didnt have the attributes i desire or watever...
                            In both Md. Nouri's and G-nejad's posts he's already called up more than enough number of high performers, so I guess he saw no need for these two as they were nowherer on par with the others.
                            much like the GK's where he's already decided on the final 3 and he hasnt bothered with the formalities of inviting more.

but there are other trouble spots where he has indeed called new guys like CB's, LM, forwards, .... etc.

Comment

^
                              if that is the case, then it brings back to my original post, that TMs list has been reviewed and not automatically all players got called up from daei's time.

and if the TM list has been reviewed, then ghotbi should have known ashjari has been invited and not "forgotten" like how he claimed!
                              Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 05-03-2009, 01:09 PM.
                              ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

The following is good summary about what happened in the last year, it's quite pleasing to watch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHxob...layer_embedded

Comment

Working...
                                X