No announcement yet.

My opinion regarding Ghotbi!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm, did he really say he doesn't remember if he invited him? That's a bit worrying. Maybe he was nervous on the live show and confusing something?

Comment

ferdosipour said btw did u invite ashjari?
      ghtobi said, i dont know, i cant remember and he was starting to explain himself when ferdosipour said, oh yes, u have.

and then ghotbi said that he works a lot with his pc and that he didnt bring the TM list of invitees to the program and didnt look through it thoroughly, but he did bring his program for TM to navad show if they wanted to discuss it.

i personally didnt find it convincing, but ferdosipour didnt drag the matter. (surprising cos he usually does, or atleast makes a small joke out of it)
      Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 05-03-2009, 03:19 PM.
      Originally posted by siavasharian
      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
        ferdosipour said btw did u invite ashjari?
        ghtobi said, i dont know, i cant remember and he was starting to explain himself when ferdosipour said, oh yes, u have.

and then ghotbi said that he works a lot with his pc and that he didnt bring the TM list of invitees to the program and didnt look through it thoroughly, but he did bring his program for TM to navad show if they wanted to discuss it.

i personally didnt find it convincing, but ferdosipour didnt drag the matter. (surprising cos he usually does, or atleast makes a small joke out of it)

Yes you're totally right. He did say so. I just finished watching navad and that was exactly what was said between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
          This is where you and Daei came short <<<being diplomatic>>>, I was in the stadium, the only slogan before the match was "Daei yadet bashe, Karimi to team bashe", after the first S.Arabia goal the atmospher of the stadium changed so dramatically that the whole team lost their confidence, the second goal came in minute 80, but it was all kind of objects coming down from the stands.... if we were playing another 300000000 hours , nothing would have happened but more goals from Saudie's.

....keep the long story short... if Karimi was on the bench, and was subbed after the first goal, I think Daei was still the coach. You can argue that people were wrong, they are hologans,.... but I tell you, those swearing at Daei in front of Ahmadi-Nejad and Ali-Abadi left no room for supporting him.

End of story. This is where his stubbornness cost his job.

Reza Jan....This is the classical description of the Mob Mentality that is ruling the stands and perhaps the society in Iran.

And if I am not mistaken , you advocate or support the idea that Team Melli coach , regardless of his name , should listen to the crowds demands , rather than use his own knowledge, instincts and skills ( and even stubbornness) in selecting the players.

Correct me if I am wrong....We need a coach that is "Mr. Nice man" , all smiles and cheers , waving to the crowds throwing kisses , interacting with the fans and selecting the players based on their popularity amongst the fans .... and when the results abandon us , use the good old charm to justify the lost opportunities.

Well , maybe that is the new trend in football ....maybe I am too traditional and missing "the new age" tune... However , I am glad that I don't live in Iran and I don't have to do what the Romans do

sigpic

Comment

My good God, if a 40 man list creates this much conspiracy theory talk and hoopla, I shudder to think once he narrows it down to the final 23 how we'd react. somehow I doubt we'd be talking ghotbi wanting to be "Mr nice guy" then.

btw, as I said, quite a few weeks earlier, dont expect wholesale changes from what we saw in daei's last couple of squads. perhaps 3-4 in the total 23 man squad.

given how zandi has finished his season, I'm betting he is one of the new additions.
            Ando, since neku is suspended is another likely one.
            I assume Borhaniwill take the place of rezaei. or perhaps kazemian .... or both ???
            and of course, Karimi.

and frankly, that's all the change I foresee at this point, unless someone does some incredible stuff in the next 2 weeks, we shd see more or less tha same list as Daei's latest

so hold onto ur conspiracies till the final 23-25 man list and then unleash it.

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
              Reza Jan....This is the classical description of the Mob Mentality that is ruling the stands and perhaps the society in Iran.

And if I am not mistaken , you advocate or support the idea that Team Melli coach , regardless of his name , should listen to the crowds demands , rather than use his own knowledge, instincts and skills ( and even stubbornness) in selecting the players.

Correct me if I am wrong....We need a coach that is "Mr. Nice man" , all smiles and cheers , waving to the crowds throwing kisses , interacting with the fans and selecting the players based on their popularity amongst the fans .... and when the results abandon us , use the good old charm to justify the lost opportunities.

Well , maybe that is the new trend in football ....maybe I am too traditional and missing "the new age" tune... However , I am glad that I don't live in Iran and I don't have to do what the Romans do

Well, this was a bit exaggerated from your side with all due respect. I never said Daei had to run a popularity contest and we talk about one of the best five players in IPL this year. What I am saying is inviting Karimi could have saved his job. As a matter of fact, not inviting Karimi was showing how much Daei holds grudge against Karimi.

Not every thing is black or white, actually life runs mostly in gray zone if you agree with me.

Wouldn't you be happier we still had a smoother Daei than all this Mailei and Qotbi and good knows next move of IFF?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                Behzad jan, do you really think that the guy who has been away from our football few months can select 40 players just like he had been in Iran and watching every IPL game? Believe me that out of this list, he's selected both players that he thinks could help him but also names with resume and he just hopes that their resume is up to date and they will be helpful. I mean look at Samereh, he's been selected as the worst foreign player in UAE. How could he help our TM?
                Ali jan, on your first question, the answer is, of course not.. a coach that has coached the league knows the players better than someone who hasn't been there. maybe that was one of the reasons why he called up so many players on his first list

about Samereh, I think that is a good example of an out dated resume which ghotbi needs to get updated on.

I think bottom line is that having 25 or 40 players is not really important, it's the starting line up that counts and a few reserves behind them. 15-17 players.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                  Hm, did he really say he doesn't remember if he invited him? That's a bit worrying. Maybe he was nervous on the live show and confusing something?

I saw that piece as well. for a second I got a feeling that he didn't know who Ashjari is. maybe it wasa a lapse of memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                    ^ Regardless of names, if a coach thinks a player is not ready and not among the best 18, should he select him for the final squad for non-sporting reasons, such as diplomacy and pleasing the crowds?

No ifs and buts and accusations please, just a straight answer please.
                    Nice point MR.

Originally posted by Maij

You too.

Anyway, Ghotbi was the only viable alternative at this stage.
                    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

What costed Daei his job was :

.................................................. ..............

1- He did not know "ZIP " about coaching Football...very elementary game plans, did coach any player to be better than what he already was.

2-He did not have a possition of, " he needed every help he can get ! ", so he acted as he needs no body's help.....( Igonring persian gulf players, ignoring karimi, ignoring legioners , ignoring media, not wanting enough staff, ect. )

3-He did not care,and was arrogant toward the fans !....( as in movie " Gladiator ", Rossel crow was told, the key to survive,is not only to win, but it is also " to win the crowd " ).( what do fans want ? : To win,and to be respected ! )

4-Bad record,.....TM needed to go to the WC,and he could n't deliver !

5- over spending , his credit ,he had accumolated from his playing years !!!

Comment

^ Na bahram jan. we cant be that harsh on daei.

he knew coaching , perhaps not on par with the int'l crowd, but he was pretty good in club level.

and I think he had the right GENERAL ideas on how to lead a team. I presume his years in europe taught him that. on MACRO levels, I think he was adequate given our situation and how poorly things were/are run in our football.

but when we came down to "specific" cases and "personal" matters is where he came up short and showed it was too early to trust our nat'l team to him.

if he was less lajbaaz and had more maturity to put away his personal matters, I am sure he'd be our coach today, and in fact I'm sure we'd be much higher in the standings in the group !!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

he knew coaching , perhaps not on par with the int'l crowd, but he was pretty good in club level.

and I think he had the right GENERAL ideas on how to lead a team. I presume his years in europe taught him that. on MACRO levels, I think he was adequate given our situation and how poorly things were/are run in our football.
                          Who are you and what did you do to Dr. Doom??

but when we came down to "specific" cases and "personal" matters is where he came up short and showed it was too early to trust our nat'l team to him.

if he was less lajbaaz and had more maturity to put away his personal matters, I am sure he'd be our coach today, and in fact I'm sure we'd be much higher in the standings in the group !!
                          Ah, there you are again, I was already worrying where the Dr. Doom full of accusations and speculations formulated as facts is

Comment

Payman jaan......
                            Your respond to my post,is only to the " 1- ", the first comments...as you may have not cared to read the rest of the post !
                            As I said, He over spent his credit he had accomulated from his playing years......and he over estimated his abilities, and did not ask for help,which all proffesionals would do.....
                            the point that interest me about your comments, is your " extra -reservation " for daei, so he should not be " Insulted "....as you may have been considering,the emotional attachments some memmbers may have,and you want to honor those members's opinion.....
                            I Also believe in respecting individuals, even for those who do not respect the other's....yet......, When he came to the kitchen,he should expect heat !...Daei does not deserve any more reservation than Branko !
                            Please, read, number 2-,3-,4-,5- as well in my original post about Daei, and let me know which one is not valid.

Comment

no, bro.

I did read the rest and I more or less agreed with the rest.

it was only that single point that I thought perhaps we're being a bit harsher than necessary

Comment

no, bro.

I did read the rest and I more or less agreed with the rest.

it was only that single point that I thought perhaps we're being a bit harsher than necessary
                                If we are so much concern about , not being " harsh ", un-neccessarly.....why not,expecting the same thing from Daei ?!!...without any justification to back up his values ?.....
                                Who has been a worse coach for TM , among last five TM coaches ?...and who had the most " EDDEAA " ?

Comment

Working...
                                X