-----------------------Ashoubi--------------
    -----------Teymourian----------------------
    Heydari------------Zandi------Khalatbari--
    --------------------Borhani-----------------

Further sub: Bengar for Aghili (70')
    Captain: Kaebi
    Corners from left: Ashoubi
    Corners from right: Hajsafi

Some interesting ideas, not all worked out well.

Heydari and Kaabi's combination was excellent in 1st half.

Teymourian didn't work as CMF at all.

Defenders and Ashoubi's defense was good,though Indonesia's atack was very poor.
    My favorite Duo:Karimi & Kavianpour

Comment

cant comment on the line up since quite a few big names were not available and this is obviously a make-shift line up with many changes to come once the big guys arrive

Comment

^ true, but the tactical lineup is interesting. 4-2-3-1. I guess that's his first plan.

So it's probably coming down to 3 out of Mahdavikia, Shojaei, Karimi, Zandi and Khalatbari.

Little chances for Heydari, Mobali or Kazemian in that system, the competition is huge. Unless Ghotbi considers Mobali for the second holding midfielder position.

Also some things look like a preview. No Montazeri, no Alenemeh. Hosseini and Aghili starting. Kaebi skipper and RB is a strong sign he'll stay there.

Comment

1-Hajsafi at left back was an exccelent Idea.....as it gave TM a complete balance in both sides, and I could n't say which side was more dominant !

2- Zandi, deserves a fix spot in TM.

3- Trying out, talebi and bengar, and exchangeing Hossaini and aghili's position, was also a good test, and it will only help who is who, and will motivate those who get the final cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
            ^ true, but the tactical lineup is interesting. 4-2-3-1. I guess that's his first plan.

So it's probably coming down to 3 out of Mahdavikia, Shojaei, Karimi, Zandi and Khalatbari.

Little chances for Heydari, Mobali or Kazemian in that system, the competition is huge. Unless Ghotbi considers Mobali for the second holding midfielder position.

Also some things look like a preview. No Montazeri, no Alenemeh. Hosseini and Aghili starting. Kaebi skipper and RB is a strong sign he'll stay there.
            he might go for the 4-1-4-1 once karimi, shojaei and kia also join the camp.
            right now, the camp is filled with DMs, so playing 4-2-3-1 is a logical option.
            Originally posted by siavasharian
            ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
            بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Not so sure. You see he also used Teymourian out of position instead of adapting the system to a 4-3-2-1 with 3 DMs or at least a 4-3-3 with 1 DM and 2 CMs, so if he had plans to play 4-1-4-1 I'm sure he would have found a way. Either by playing one more out of position or by starting Khalatbari instead of any of the three DMs.

I doubt he'll pack a midfield with one DM and 4 offensive player. As far as I understood the 4-1-4-1 is more a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-3 anyway, and not played with 4 Shojaeis behind the strikers.

But everything's possible, we'll see.

The systems are floating into each other anyway. I mean Kazemi played slightly in front of Ashoubi, still behind Teymourian, but one could easily count him into the more offensive midfield and tag what we've seen as 4-1-4-1.

Comment

^ exactly why I think it was merely a "make-shift" line up.

if I were the coach, what would I want out of such a match-up and what will I be looking for?

1- the first , deeper 6-7 players :
                certainly not to assess ANY of the defensive players ( not only defenders, but def-mids even ) while defending.
                perhaps the only thing out of the first bunch ( GK, 4 def's and 2-3 def-mids ) of interest to me would be how they behave in an offensive move.

but that's it. to look for how they'd defend or even how they'd react in a transition or their composure or ... is futile with such a weak opposition.

2- Flanks :
                I guess one issue to look for was to see how the fullbacks would play with the players up front.
                with special notes on : overlaps, crossing, shots, passing , ...

secondly to see how the rehearsed moves are implemented on the pitch and w what accuracy. this provides a good chance to practice the routines.

I think here, ghotbi , given the time constraints and absence of many star players, shd be satisfied enough to see a few picked for the final squad.

3- strikers' performance against a weak defense
                here, I think he shd be quite disheartened by borhani's ( his sole pure forward on the pitch ) game and must be praying for miracles.

4- rehearsed moves
                I assume they had worked on a couple of freekick routines with side-passing and overlaps ... but those 2-3 occasions never really impressed me. I dont know about ghotbi.
                the IDEA was good. certainly a variation to "just whack the damned ball" routine. and I'm sure with better players and a little more practice we can have a couple of workable variations for these set pieces.

================

going back to point #3, I wonder why he didnt bring in a couple of more strikers from the league.
                borhani's inconsistency is WELL known and he shd have known about it before hand.
                so why such a large pool of defenders and mids , but so few attackers in his 40+ list ?

that's one issue I'm not happy with at all.

especially becoz we DONT have a reliable forward, so it makes sense to SEARCH among a larger pool to find a few who arent as terrible as the rest.
                names like CHAVOSHI & MOTEVASELZADEH, even MAYDAVOODI & SALEHI are left out!

Ok, I admit rezaei's back injury didnt help.
                and akbarpoor obviously wasnt trusted much, hence his immature "ghahr" from the camp
                But come on, there was nothing wrong with picking 2 more strikers for trials.

... or is he putting TOO much in store of the foreign contingent?
                samereh cant be the answer.
                that leaves VH, kazemian and perhaps madanchi as a striker.
                oladi? mehhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                  ^ exactly why I think it was merely a "make-shift" line up.

if I were the coach, what would I want out of such a match-up and what will I be looking for?

1- the first , deeper 6-7 players :
                  certainly not to assess ANY of the defensive players ( not only defenders, but def-mids even ) while defending.
                  perhaps the only thing out of the first bunch ( GK, 4 def's and 2-3 def-mids ) of interest to me would be how they behave in an offensive move.

but that's it. to look for how they'd defend or even how they'd react in a transition or their composure or ... is futile with such a weak opposition.

2- Flanks :
                  I guess one issue to look for was to see how the fullbacks would play with the players up front.
                  with special notes on : overlaps, crossing, shots, passing , ...

secondly to see how the rehearsed moves are implemented on the pitch and w what accuracy. this provides a good chance to practice the routines.

I think here, ghotbi , given the time constraints and absence of many star players, shd be satisfied enough to see a few picked for the final squad.

3- strikers' performance against a weak defense
                  here, I think he shd be quite disheartened by borhani's ( his sole pure forward on the pitch ) game and must be praying for miracles.

4- rehearsed moves
                  I assume they had worked on a couple of freekick routines with side-passing and overlaps ... but those 2-3 occasions never really impressed me. I dont know about ghotbi.
                  the IDEA was good. certainly a variation to "just whack the damned ball" routine. and I'm sure with better players and a little more practice we can have a couple of workable variations for these set pieces.

================

going back to point #3, I wonder why he didnt bring in a couple of more strikers from the league.
                  borhani's inconsistency is WELL known and he shd have known about it before hand.
                  so why such a large pool of defenders and mids , but so few attackers in his 40+ list ?

that's one issue I'm not happy with at all.

especially becoz we DONT have a reliable forward, so it makes sense to SEARCH among a larger pool to find a few who arent as terrible as the rest.
                  names like CHAVOSHI & MOTEVASELZADEH, even MAYDAVOODI & SALEHI are left out!

Ok, I admit rezaei's back injury didnt help.
                  and akbarpoor obviously wasnt trusted much, hence his immature "ghahr" from the camp
                  But come on, there was nothing wrong with picking 2 more strikers for trials.

... or is he putting TOO much in store of the foreign contingent?
                  samereh cant be the answer.
                  that leaves VH, kazemian and perhaps madanchi as a striker.
                  oladi? mehhh.
                  As usual great points Dr Doom specially about the need for more forwards to have been considered for the camp. With all these crosses coming from the flanks today we needed someone who either has a physical presence (like Daie did) or is able to jump high over the defence (like a young VH did) or at least be a sharp finisher on the ground (like Farshad Pious was in the late 80's). Currently we have none of these but the good news is, the strikers are not always natural born, they can be trained or even manufactured. There has not been enough effort on the part of the IPL teams to seek and encourage talents in this department. I have set my hopes high for that guy in the U-16 who helped win the tournament in 2008. When he grows up he can be a much needed boost to TM's offensive lineup.
                  sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

So he has selected 27 players. I don't get why 4 centerbacks are enough while he has selected 8-9 players for the offensive midfield and wing (of which probably 3 will start and 2 will make the bench), but ok. I'd say no major surprise in there.

Goalkeepers:
                    Mehdi Rahmati - Mes Kerman
                    Vahid Talebloo - Esteghlal Tehran
                    Misagh Memarzadeh - Persepolis Tehran
                    Rahman Ahmadi - Sepahan Esfahan

Defenders:
                    Jalal Hosseini - Saipa Karaj
                    Hadi Aghili - Sepahan Esfahan
                    Mohammad Nosrati - Al Nasr, UAE
                    Farshid Talebi - Zob Ahan Esfahan
                    Hossein Kaebi - Saipa Karaj
                    Khosro Heydari - Esteghlal Tehran
                    Alireza Mohammad - Persepolis Tehran

Midfielders:
                    Andranik Teymourian - Fulham FC, ENG
                    Hossein Kazemi - Esteghlal Tehran
                    Farzad Ashoubi - Mes Kerman
                    Pejman Nouri - Persepolis Tehran
                    Mehdi Mahdavikia - Eintracht Fankfurt, GER
                    Masoud Shojaei - Osasuna Pamplona, ESP
                    Ali Karimi - Persepolis Tehran
                    Mohammad Reza Khalatbari - Zob Ahan Esfahan
                    Ferydoon Zandi - Alki Larnaca, CYP
                    Iman Mobali - Al Wasl, UAE
                    Ehsan Hajsafi - Sepahan Esfahan
                    Mehrzad Madanchi - Al Nasr, UAE

Strikers:
                    Vahid Hashemian - Vfl Bochum, GER
                    Mohsen Khalili - Persepolis Tehran
                    Arash Borhani - Esteghlal Tehran
                    Javad Kazemian - Ajman, UAE

Comment

im guessing he has already made up his mind about the CBs.

and since our best players are midfielders, and most of our UAE legionnaires who have just arrived but not been tested are again midfielders, he is leaving more options for midfield.

so im assunming he is not gonna cut off any of our CBs any more, and only from midfielders and GKs...
                      Originally posted by siavasharian
                      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

^ I agree.
                        this line up with perhaps 1 or 2 names here & there was always going to be the ultimate list, from the beginning.

I'd say my surprise is talebi's instead of bengar or montazeri.
                        but it's just a surprise, not disappointment. coz who knows ... perhaps talebi may turn out to be yet another rahman.
                        so I'm cool w that.

my disappointment is for not calling SHAKOURI , though.

and 4 keepers?
                        I think memarzadeh's gonna be one of the eliminated names.

Comment

Is he even eliminating any more players before June 6?

I don't think so, next list will be the matchday 18-men-squad.

He will cut off 2 keepers, one CB and six further players for the match squad.

Assuming he plays 4-2-3-1, he will bring 1 GK, 1 CB, 1 fullback, 1 DM, 2 OMs (including wingers/side midfielders) and 1 FW as subs normally. There are some players who can play two or more of those positions, such as Nosrati, Nouri or Kazemian, so maybe he can somehow win a spot for an additional possibly offensive sub.

Comment

He will use the same squad Daei used plus Karimi.

Don't over-analyse it.

Comment

^ I doubt karimi is the only change.

names like zandi, haydari and even kazemian may pop up

Comment

Working...
                              X