Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we need to play with two DMs in a must win game in Tehran?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do we need to play with two DMs in a must win game in Tehran?

Iran played with two DMs Nekoo and Ando against a very young depleted (very young and without key players like Ismail Mattar) U.A.E team that played with one lone striker. Why?

This was a must win game for us. We all saw the energy of a single player )Khalatbari) when he came to the field impacted the game so much.

Introduction of Haydari was very good even for that short period of time. Once again it was proven hunger and desire is much more important than name and player's past history?

Ando in Seoul I can understand, but in Tehran against a young depleted U.A.E team in Tehran ? WHY?

Karimi isn't that young anymore and our midfield really can't support Hashemian at all, maybe addition of one creative mid-fielder someone like Jabbari, Mobali will be the difference???!
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Ali Jan ...welcome back.

sigpic

Comment

Why do we need to play four defenders in a must game in Tehran? The answer to that question is the answer to yours.

Comment

Because among many other reasons, the 2 defensive midfielders can help in winning back lost balls before the opposition can start building their attack, thus the teams maintain the pressure and its attacking force high in the opposition's field.

Comment

^^exactly.
          a better thread argument would be that we could have started with a def central midfielder with better ball distribution than Ando

Comment

Offensively, our two central defenders and one of our defensive mid were completely out of game. That's why we couldn't outnumber them in 1/3 offensive field.

Tactical mistake if you ask me. You can play 4-2-3-1 but bring more offensive minded players in your system. Example, instead of Hosseini/Aghili, bring a player like Sheis who can distribute the ball and release your defensive mid's one line forward. Or instead of Teimourian, who only participate in defensive duties, bring a player like Zandi who can act more in attacking.

I wonder why this guy started with 40 players in the camp?

Comment

I don't know why Kazemian doesn't get a chance?

Btw is Dr. Doom on vacation?
              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                Why do we need to play four defenders in a must game in Tehran? The answer to that question is the answer to yours.
                Are you being sarcastic toward my post? Do you agree or disagree with my question being a legitimate one? It is a specific question and I expect certain level of respect.

If you find the post stupid please refrain from sarcasam.
                "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Good View Post
                  Because among many other reasons, the 2 defensive midfielders can help in winning back lost balls before the opposition can start building their attack, thus the teams maintain the pressure and its attacking force high in the opposition's field.
                  Aghaye aziz please read the post again, win which ball? Were we playing against South Korea or Brazil? this was a depleated injured UAE team for god sake. Against a stronger team (i.e. S. Korea in Seoul I can see the point). Please don't make your mind before reading the post or at least read the bloody post.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
                    Offensively, our two central defenders and one of our defensive mid were completely out of game. That's why we couldn't outnumber them in 1/3 offensive field.
                    Tactical mistake if you ask me. You can play 4-2-3-1 but bring more offensive minded players in your system. Example, instead of Hosseini/Aghili, bring a player like Sheis who can distribute the ball and release your defensive mid's one line forward. Or instead of Teimourian, who only participate in defensive duties, bring a player like Zandi who can act more in attacking.
                    I wonder why this guy started with 40 players in the camp?
                    Haji we weren't playing Brazil. We had to win. A tie or a loss wouldn't have made a difference. Still play with two DMs? Both Ando and Nekoo.

We all saw desire and fence of Khalatbari impacted the game when he came for Kia. Until when the so called legioners will get a pass for the mere fact that they play outside Iran by our coaches? Ando was non existant. Even Nekoo didn't have much presense, and then we wonder why our offensiev presence was so weak?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                      Ali Jan ...welcome back.

Merci agha Majid.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                        Haji we weren't playing Brazil. We had to win. A tie or a loss wouldn't have made a difference. Still play with two DMs? Both Ando and Nekoo.
                        Did you read my post? Or you already thought I am opposing your opinon? Or you are like Dr. Doom, being obessesive with the formation?

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                          Aghaye aziz please read the post again, win which ball? Were we playing against South Korea or Brazil? this was a depleated injured UAE team for god sake. Against a stronger team (i.e. S. Korea in Seoul I can see the point). Please don't make your mind before reading the post or at least read the bloody post.
                          I did read your post, don't make any assumptions.

Do you remember the game against Jordan in Azadi? One mistake from Mobali and Kaebi, one counter attack from jordan cost us the game and almost eliminated us from the preliminary round of WCQ2006. All UAE team needed was a counter chance in the first half to score a goal and then defend with 11 players. The suicidal team selection that most friends here prefer are for last minutes of the game, or at least for the second half. If you look at the game carefully, Borhani was going to be subbed into the game, then we scored the goal and Borhani's sub was delayed a little bit. I assume Ghotbi was going to play with two strikers, but then Karimi scored, and the plan changed.

A team always needs balance, in this game four of our players (Hashemian, Karimi, Kia, and Shojaei) had strict offensive duties and all of them are either terrible defensively or too old. Also Kaebi spent most of his time in the opponent's half. Who do you think would cover for him? Kia? Andranik was there to make sure he covers behind Kaebi and Kia as one of his duties. Also as a I said earlier, the two DMF are there to make sure we get the ball back as soon as possible and attack again. If you have 1 striker, three offensive midfielder, and two Full backs (a total of 6 players) all attacking, don't you think we must have four defensive players in the team (2 CB and 2 DMF). Sometimes Nekounam was also running into the box.

we could have played with one DMF, but then the full backs of the side midfielder will have more defensive duties and would have to run back more often.

I personally would rather had Nouri beside Nekounam, since he is a fighter like Andranik, but has better offensive skill. But then We don't have many LB options in the squad.

Overall, life is not perfect and you make the best of what you have. Team selection is an optimization process. You cannot satisfy everything with 11 players.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Good View Post
                            A team always needs balance,

don't you think we must have four defensive players in the team (2 CB and 2 DMF).
                            We knew UAE come to defend, these four players were against 1 forward who is mostly using speed for counter, meaning your two slow CB are useless.

In the other hand, UAE have 3 extra players behind the ball to defend, that's why it was too hard to break in.

Solution: Bring on two fast players for CB who can contribute to the ball distribution as well, even though they are not as solid as your two current CB. My picks would be Sheis and Nosrati/Ando.

Besides, bring a more offensive minded player and put him as DM. My pick again would be Zandi/Mossavi/Jabari/Mobali/... instead of Ando.

Balance means you gotta be flexible in different games. Otherwise what would be the difference between NK, UAE and SK games when we send the same squad and game plan? That's not balance in my book, that's inflexibility.

Then, why bother to invite 40+ players?

Cheers,

Comment

^
                              Its true that they were using only one forward, but in counter attack they may have three or more that can and will overwhelm our defense. The discussion here is about having or not having a second DMF, not a fast CB. In my books, CB should have decent speed, but as you can see we are not blessed in that department, and I can not judge the use of Nosrati or Sheis, but in principle I agree with you.

If we had decent, fast CBs and give our FBs less offensive duties, then we may be able to play with one DMF in the offensive 4-1-3-2 format.

I also said earlier that, I would prefer someone like Nouri over Ando for his better ball distribution skills. I don't agree on Zandi for his lack of speed (we already have to many slow players upfront and at the back), Jabbari was never fit in the past year, and the last I saw of Mobali was not promising at all.

Finally, we all know that the 40+ players were for calming the crowd rather than technical reasons. Please lets talk only about the 20+ players in the squad.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                              X