Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please F+ers join in

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ad.php?t=76004

It's important to at least trying to make a difference for the future. You know we can have an impact, we already did so in the past.

Please mail them something. Why not send them a longer mail explaining your feelings and concerns? Yes, they might not read it, but they might get there are many people who do care a lot.

You can also use your abilities to explain complex issues here.

And Dr. Doom, you are known for many long posts with many bold and capital words and numerous accusations. Please give AFC and FIFA a taste of it .

Thanks guys

done!!

lol with your last comment.. It's a great idea.

Comment

Done,
      They might not do anything this time, but this should keep them in line for future competitions.

Comment

Martin Jan.

I think you know me well enough to figure out that I will be the first person to jump at the slightest oppertunity to protect Team Melli. I have already written to FIFA about the last 3 matches schedule where TM had to have an arduous journey to and from the Far East ...but all to no avail.

The problem with this request is well beyond FIFA , AFC and anyone else. The time difference between Seoul and Riyadh is 6 hours and playing the match at the same time is NOT feasible by any means.

However , the question that we should ask is , who put Team Melli in such a dire strait , is it FIFA , AFC or IFF ? It is IFF and the team itself ,so why should everyone else outside Iran try to protect and help Team Melli while they cannot help themsleves with this corrupt administration ?

sigpic

Comment

^Thats exactly what I said in the Football Forum in reply to Martin's thread there.

I agree, AFC could have scheduled in a way that both final day matches would be played in the same region / timezone. But again, that would have messed up the schedules in another place....Maybe that way, we would not have had the luxury of playing Saudi away first....

In fact, the schedule was almost picture perfect for Iran. With a home win against Saudi, we could have already confirmed our place in the WC.

So if we dont make it to the WC because Korea and Saudi draw in their late played match, AFC scheduling team will be the last people I will blame.
          Last edited by Hadi; 06-12-2009, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks Hadi Jan , I missed reading that topic.

As you said , we could have wrapped the whole thing with a win against Saudi Arabia....BUT.....we shoot ourselves in the foot.

BTW: The scheduling for the world cup qualifiers is carried out by FIFA competition committee and not AFC , however FIFA normally consults with the continental federations before finalizing the schedule.

sigpic

Comment

^ Majeed and Hadi jan, I don't know if you bothered to read my article, but if you take a look at the part about "No excuses for AFC and FIFA" you will see why it is not legitimate to claim all is due to time difference.

There was no need to schedule the games on final matchday as first seed hosting the second seed and third seed hosting the other game. With the seedings already clear beforehand, this scheduling 100% ensured Iran (and also Japan), would have to play hours before Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, regardless of the results of the draw.

There never was a chance for a fair schedule or an advantage for Iran from the beginning.

Claiming there was no chance due to time difference, is hypocrisy at it's best.

Very easily such a schedule could have been avoided or at least the chance of distortion of competition could have been minimized. Additionally, if the Federation figures out there is no chance for a fair schedule, why are the lower seeds favoured over the top and second seed? Where is the sense in being a higher seed when all you get for it is disadavantage?
              Last edited by Martin-Reza; 06-12-2009, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                ^ Majeed and Hadi jan, I don't know if you bothered to read my article, but if you take a look at the part about "No excuses for AFC and FIFA" you will see why it is not legitimate to claim all is due to time difference.

There was no need to schedule the games on final matchday as first seed hosting the second seed and third seed hosting the other game. With the seedings already clear beforehand, this scheduling 100% ensured Iran (and also Japan), would have to play hours before Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, regardless of the results of the draw.

There never was a chance for a fair schedule or an advantage for Iran from the beginning.

Claiming there was no chance due to time difference, is hypocrisy at it's best.

Very easily such a schedule could have been avoided or at least the chance of distortion of competition could have been minimized. Additionally, if the Federation figures out there is no chance for a fair schedule, why are the lower seeds favoured over the top and second seed?
                No . I did not read the article..I only read what you wrote here about the timing of the match and that is simply Not feasible.

Yes, of course I agree that it is not favoring Iran , but why should FIFA favor Iran or support its plight ??? The rest of the teams in this group are all members of FIFA as well.

To be honest , I doubt that playing at the same time as the KSA -Korea DPR match (chances of that is next to impossible) , the chances of Iran will be doubled or enhanced. ... TM has to to win , simple and pure.

sigpic

Comment

^ Please read the article. There would have been numerous ways to guarantee a fair schedule and if someone is favoured by the schedule, it should be the higher seeded teams, not the lower.

I don't know why you consider it supporting Iran's interest, that institutions deemed to be neutral are asked to provide a schedule without distortions of competition. Like Algeria in 1982, we will be victims of a system.

Of course there is almost no chance to do sth about the final matchday now anymore. With the matches set like they are, time difference cannot be overcome.

But maybe we can do something about AFC and FIFA thinking 5 minutes how to avoid such unfairness for the next competitions. There would have been numerous better alternatives this time.

Comment

MR jan, beekhial dadash...even if there are 200 000 emails sent, AFC/FIFA will not change their minds.

Regardless of what time the game is played, we need a win. Everything else (the pitch, the referree, the timing of the game, etc.) is irrelevant.
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

1- a letter had been sent already

2- har har ... somebody help me, I'm dying of laughter

Comment

^ thanks

Originally posted by faraz View Post
                        MR jan, beekhial dadash...even if there are 200 000 emails sent, AFC/FIFA will not change their minds.
                        Regardless of what time the game is played, we need a win. Everything else (the pitch, the referree, the timing of the game, etc.) is irrelevant.
                        Under fair circumstances a draw would do 99%.

Anyway, there is almost no chance to make a difference this time (except they say if there's an advantage it should be for the higher see and postpone Korea-Iran to Thursday, but the chances for that are very very little, if not non-existant), but I want the responsible figures to explain themselves in public and make a difference for future competitions.

Comment

Actually this is gonna help TM to fight for a win regardless of other games results. We all have become Einstein lately due to TM games and ifs & buts calculations. I expect nothing but a clean and clear win from my TM in this last game.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                            ^ Please read the article. There would have been numerous ways to guarantee a fair schedule and if someone is favoured by the schedule, it should be the higher seeded teams, not the lower.

I don't know why you consider it supporting Iran's interest, that institutions deemed to be neutral are asked to provide a schedule without distortions of competition. Like Algeria in 1982, we will be victims of a system.

Of course there is almost no chance to do sth about the final matchday now anymore. With the matches set like they are, time difference cannot be overcome.

But maybe we can do something about AFC and FIFA thinking 5 minutes how to avoid such unfairness for the next competitions. There would have been numerous better alternatives this time.

Maybe I am not making myself clear.

I am NOT against the idea , my concern is the Timing of the action.

If we deem that the FIFA scheduling is not being neutral or fair or whatever one may think of it , then we should have acted one year ago when the schedule was out ...not a few days before the match when we suddenly find ourselves in a cul -de -sac and crying foul.

There are millions of dollars in commercial interests, TV broadcast and scheduling , tickets printed and sold , logistics and TV stations programming that cannot be simply changed overnight.

Once again , this shortcoming is one more evidence to prove that the clowns in IFF are not fit to run the federation and fans sometimes have more energy and thoughts than those who seem to be clueless in Seoul street (IFF HQ)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                              Maybe I am not making myself clear.

I am NOT against the idea , my concern is the Timing of the action.

If we deem that the FIFA scheduling is not being neutral or fair or whatever one may think of it , then we should have acted one year ago when the schedule was out ...not a few days before the match when we suddenly find ourselves in a cul -de -sac and crying foul.

There are millions of dollars in commercial interests, TV broadcast and scheduling , tickets printed and sold , logistics and TV stations programming that cannot be simply changed overnight.

Once again , this shortcoming is one more evidence to prove that the clowns in IFF are not fit to run the federation and fans sometimes have more energy and thoughts than those who seem to be clueless in Seoul street (IFF HQ)
                              As said, it's more for the future than for now. I didn't check when the schedule came out because I made the mistake to assume the minimal conditions such as simultanious final group games would be fulfilled anyway. Next time I will also check if every team has the same amount of home and away games. But IFF's job is to check it, no excuse they didn't.

I noticed in early 2009, but of course there was no sense to make it an issue at that point. I was waiting if this unfairness would even play a role and now people are rightfully pissed enough to participate in protests. I doubt we would have even got more than 20 peoples to mail in early 2009 or earlier.

Comment

Working...
                              X