Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fate of a nation ! Hours to go to the decider vs Korea Rep.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

faraz jan, it is NOT ONLY about scoring.

I belong to that sect of ppl who believe THE BEST FORM OF DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENSE.
    somehow it is hard to think the reverse, coz in a more defensive team, while you may not concede, you'll also find it a bit harder to score ... especially if you have poor conversion rate like us.

it is about playing an offensive game.
    if you see me advocating an offensive game it is not ONLY becoz I want them to score, but also by keeping up the pressure, they in turn reduce some pressure on our defense.
    by keeping the ball more up front, you have more chances of keeping ur goal safe.
    and generally, our players are more natural in an offensive game than a defensive one.

if our strikers need 4 tries to score 1 goal, then instead of 4 tries, if we give them 7-8, chances are they'd get us the 2nd goal too.
    so yes, of course, with an offensive game, you tend to create more chances to score and even with our poor conversion rate, we'd score more.

Comment

OK....It is like 2:30 in the morning , and I am still up trying o come to terms with the act that my beloved team is out of the biggest football show on the earth.......

This slide actually started back in 2007 and aprt from a few odd matches , Team Melli really did not perform per se'

Whatever the failure reasons are , and by God there are a plenty , at the end we have to accept that our players are simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH....we should appreciate their effort but those efforts were well below the Koreans and the Saudis.

I don't know what to say...except I am chocking !!!!!

sigpic

Comment

So many mistakes after another. Just look at our "best" defender and the way he tries to tackle 1 second before Park scores

Edit - Sorry posted this in the wrong thread.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Amin_; 06-17-2009, 05:04 PM.
        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

I can understand some of the forwards faking dives, but what I can't understand is how on earth our defenders do that...Kaebi !

sigpic

Comment

(one of) the best, and most knowledgeable footballer(s) ever, once said:

"Aanval is de beste verdediging"

Translation:
            "Attack is the best defense"

- Johan Cruijff

Enough said.
            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

i was really looking forward to rahmati and khalatbari displaying their skills in the worldcup and hopefully moving to europe

heyf, its a pity but we have noone else to blame except ourselves. we wasted many chances and gave away precious points where we shouldnt have. but overall, there is no denial our current squad lacks the quality to be considered an asian powerhouse. this has repeatedly been reflected against other asian teams, both in TM and in ACL!

i really hope we can now see why these useless oldies like kia,karimi and hashemian dont deserve to even get invited!
              i hope we can start rebuilding on our youngsters now.
              there is no urgency to invite the has been "experienced" players anymore...
              our new experienced players should now be the likes of nekounam, rahmati and kaebi.

we need a good foreign coach and set him a 2 year goal for asian cup 2011, and hopefully if he does well there, get another 2 years for worldcup 2014.

kafashian, taj and aliabadi should be ashamed of themselves and quit/fired!
              Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 06-18-2009, 07:03 AM.
              Originally posted by siavasharian
              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Working...
              X