Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saudi out of WCQ's --- Poetic Justice

Saudis are out.
    And this is pure, unadulterated JUSTICE meted out to the idiot saudis.

when they were strolling in the park against the north koreans, without exerting themselves, having known of the iran-korea scoreline, I'm sure they never thought such a day would come.

serves these bastards right for behaving that way.
    I'm honestly, truly and genuinely happy saudis failed, no matter who says what.

Let this be a lesson to them and all other teams and people who step into a sporting arena while forgetting the spirit of the competition.

=================

in contrast I remember what the japanese futsal team did a couple of years back in asian WCQ's.
    our futsal team had lost to the thais in a shock result and were on the verge of getting knocked out of the competition if the match between the Japanese and thai teams ended in anything but a japanese win.

All Japan, having come close on a couple of occasions to win the asian crown, but failing at the last hurdle and losing to Iran, had to do was to play much like saudis did against NKoreans. a drab, effortless draw that suited both teams and ousted the defending champs and more importantly, the team that would be a direct threat to them in capturing the crown.

yes. all japan needed was a draw and both them and thais would have been happiest, removing the only obstacle they had in getting their very first asian championship.

but japanese, unlike the saudi morons showed they possessed HONOR and understood the spirit of competition by overcoming the thais 4-0 (or 4-1), therefore paving the way for their greatest obstacle, Iran for advancement.
    needless to say Iran went on to capture the crown, once again and I think japan came second or third.
    But that year I never forgot what the japanese did and my admiration for them rose exponentially.

as much as I was disappointed at saudis who, IN THEIR HOME TURF, didnt bother to even kick it to second gear vs. NKorea and thought their qualification would be a cinch.

THIS IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A NATION & PEOPLE WITH HONOR AND ONE WITH NO INKLING OF WHAT HONOR AND SPORTSMANSHIP IS.

I don't know if i'm happier that the Saudi's are out or pissed off that Bahrain might make the WC.

Then again, i'd love Bahrain to make it and get humiliated.

So much hatred...

either way, yes, you are correct. That tie was utter BS, a travesty on the part of the AFC as well btw, who shares the blame if not equally, more so.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

I saw the game among Saudis vs North Korea.....I noticed no conspirecies !!
      The Saudis,attacked full heartedly, even to the last minutes,while watching not get counter attacked.......
      The Notion,that whole nation " Acts,and pretends " for another nation to get eliminated,is just not believable to me.....
      We got eliminated,and is nobody's fauly but ours.

Comment

This is another proof of new ERA in Asian football. Iranian football is in demise and we (justly) blame the ruling Islamist as a root cause. Now Saudie Arabia with all the big name coaches (Zagalo, Carlos Preira, etc.) and full infrastructure (field, stadium, money, etc.), is totally lacklastered by Bahrain.

IMHO this is not even limited to Asia. In Europe, Greece wins UEFA couple of years ago and Russia and Turkey have great performances in UEFA championship this year. We better comes to grip with it and work harder as a country in our football if we don't want to fall back even more.

I watched the game between Bahrain, KSA, KSA had nothing. We thought our TM sucked. KSA was even worst than our TM. Bahrain played defensively but for sure was the much more dangrous team. Jayee John could have potentially finished the game in favor of Bahrain even before the dramatic finish at the end.

Glad to see sleepy Giant of west Asai (Iran , KSA) gets their head handed to them, maybe this serves as a wake up call to both of these countries.
        Last edited by Ali Chicago; 09-10-2009, 04:21 PM.
        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
        Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
        Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
        sigpic

Comment

I know what you are saying , Doc , but as far as I am concerned , I don't give a hoot about the sense of justice or anything like that . The point is that my Country has managed to reach the play off.

Saudi Arabia reaching four consecutive world cups , but failing in this one , should not be attributed to good luck and political influence. For decades , since the seventies to be precise , this country has spent billions on their sport and football. It is surely injustice to sweep away these huge investments in infrastructure , foreign know how , facilities and organization and focus on other negative elements.

Saudi Arabia football team has never made my list of favorite teams , and I doubt that they ever will. But , in all fairness , the people out their in the desert have done a great job in developing their football in a systematic manner.

I think the Iranians need to learn a few lessons from the Saudis and as we stand now , despite the elimination of both Iran and KSA from the World Cup 2010 , Saudia is still an arm and a leg above Iran in football. They are much better in organization , stability , quality , planning , financing , PR and resource managemnt.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
            I know what you are saying , Doc , but as far as I am concerned , I don't give a hoot about the sense of justice or anything like that . The point is that my Country has managed to reach the play off.

Agha Majid;

I noticed you used my country in the above post. Are you a Bahraini or Iranian? I always thought you are an Iranian. Iran didn't make the play off, so I don't understand "my country".

I myself have two more citizenship besides my Iranian one (although I even dont' have an Iranian passport for now). I haven't been in Iran for 24 years and probably get lost if I land in Tehran today, but still I have the term my country reserved to only one country in the world and it is "Iran". I definitely respect both of these countries I have citizenship from, but I wouldn't go as far as calling them my country. For me my country is Iran and only Iran. Now Iran is literally occupied by the forces of the darkness that rule it under the banner of Islam, but Iran is still the only country I call "my country".

It is far from me to advocate blind nationalism or Iranian chauvinism (as many times, I have protested my compatriots using derogatory names and attitude toward Iranian Arabs or our Arab neighbors). You are totally free to adapt any country as "your country". But, with you running the TM web site and your deep interest in Iranian football, I was really surprised with that "my country" in the above post. Maybe it is all lost in translation or misunderstanding and it was all a poor choice of words after all. I hope it is the case.
            Last edited by Ali Chicago; 09-12-2009, 11:24 AM.
            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

Ali Jan.
              I was born and raised in Bahrain , so was my father who is 70 years old now while my grand father immigrated to Bahrain when he was a in his teens.
              My Country is Bahrain , my race is Persian so is my mother tongue.

sigpic

Comment

Ali Jan.
                I was born and raised in Bahrain , so was my father who is 70 years old now while my grand father immigrated to Bahrain when he was a in his teens.
                Majid Jaan,
                I am very happy that Bahrain has advanced this far and hope that they make it to South Africa and do well there too.

I say this,.. because .. they have been playing well and by far their football is better than Iran at this point. I also favor them over Saudi Arabia.

I ,same as Doctor Doom was disgusted by the way KSA strolled in the park against North Korea when they already knew the result between Iran and Korea in a match completed ours earlier.

As for place of your birth and your national football team, knowing you for as long as i have known, i have no doubt you consider TM as your national team
                and that is who you still support.

You can correct me if i am wrong.
                Last edited by leviathan; 09-12-2009, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
                  As for place of your birth and your national football team, knowing you for as long as i have known, i have no doubt you consider TM as your national team
                  and that is who you still support.

You can correct me if i am wrong.
                  Spot on..Absolutely right.

sigpic

Comment

Ali Jan.
                    Well said maij jaan, I keep mentioning it here but people tend to mix things up. As you have noted race or ethnicity and nationality are two separate things. If you were born and raised in a country and carry their paperwork all your life then your nationality is from there. Simple as that and it shouldn't be weird or a surprise. We have many Italian-Americans here in San Diego/CA who celebrate the customs from both countries and cheer on the 4th of July for independence day, as they would when Italy wins a soccer tournament overseas. Anyways, congrats to Bahrain for making it specially over KSA and I hope they can go on to the World Cup. You have many ethnic Iranians in your country and could be a next best representative for us at the international stage. I had a feeling all along that you were gonna make it specially after the confidence boost from playing with Iran in that recent friendly match.
                    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Ali Jan.

So you consider yourself Bahraini or Irani and if both, when these two teams (Bahrain Iran) play each other which one do u cheer for? Can you clarify, on WC 2002 qualification when Bahrain beat Iran 3-1 that day in Manameh, did you cheer for Iran or Bahrain?

Regardless good luck to your country in WC qualification.
                      With you running the TM web site, I thought Iran's TM is your main focus. In Iran we have Turk Kurd, Lor, Turkman which have different language or even religion (Sunny for example), but majority of them identify themselves as Iranian. Point is I really don't understand the way u seperate Race from country, but anyhow, that is something personal for you. I was merely suprised seeing your post.

sigpic

Comment

Best of luck to Bahrain. They have deservedly reached this point after years of hard work, in contrast to our football which has hibernating for quite while.

Comment

Working...
                        X