X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WCQ rapped up and I ...

Go Spain

Cheers,

As I discussed with ( St.Mark ),about the new book came out, by the name of ,"" Soccernomics "",
    it is just Rich club reunion.......and football is all related to Money.......in each continenet, only richer nations qualified.
    I have one , unusall question thougth:

Why would Africa have 53 football teams, and Asia have 43 ?..........Does Africa have more countries than Asia does ???????

I see no reason for dispare...IRAN did not deserve to, and did not...simple as that......,much better than embarresment of loseing 7-0 to switzerland ,and early exit !!

And the team I will pull for,after IRAN being gone, is no other than, " U, S of A " !!!..........GO " BOCCA NEGRA, GO DONOVAN "
    Last edited by zzgloo; 11-19-2009, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Irelands elimination once more proved football needs the video proof.

And I alread got myself a Spain jersey .

Comment

I must admit that almost all my favorites have made it to the World cup except:

TEAM MELLI

but the wound is healing slowly and surely. And Framarz Jan , now worries about Bahrain . Never thought they were going to make it and perhaps justice is done because if they did , it would have given credit to bunch of corrupt opportunists sheikhs who rule the sport here with an iron fist. It is a similar scenario to Iran , in fact. Different faces but all the same SHit!

I think Spain would be my favorite team in South Africa.

For what it is worth , I never applied for the World Cup tickets , and now you know why

sigpic

Comment

as long as we are wrapping things up w relation to the WC:

1- I am gutted not to see Iran, when weaker teams have reached it (New zealand, and even NKorea being an example)

2- I am extremely happy saudi didnt reach it ONLY becoz of their lackluster, unfair and unsportsmanlike performance in their last game vs nkorea.
          when I heard they lost to bahrain, I almost jumped up with joy, to see such unfair and unsporting acts not go unpunished.

3- I am also very happy Russia is kicked out of the WC (despite my interest in arshavin's game)

4- and finally I just cant help wonder if Daei (who was quite capable to lead us to the WC as compared to ghotbi ) was a bit more flexible in his personal issues, we'd have easily waltzed to the WC!

5- I'll be cheering for: first, Holland , then Spain. and ironically, Italy, a team I NEVER liked, until they showed great support for Iranians' struggle for freedom.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
            Irelands elimination once more proved football needs the video proof.

I totally and 1000% agree with you

=============

but why "spain"?
            and not "greece"?

Comment

I have a feeling,this WC, may be the most powerful WC.....
              I believe, martin Reza ,who is good with statistics, can help......
              Every body who is some body,in Football ,is qualified and is there......
              There is no power house missing !
              Has there ever been,a better selection of power in the WC ?
              Last edited by zzgloo; 11-20-2009, 05:48 AM.

Comment

what would we do if something like what Henry did, happened to us?

I was watching the game on sky sports and the reporter went nuts along with all the irish team, especially poor given.
                for all my love for henry, the chap is pure "tokhm-e jenn" he carried on celebrating and went about his business as if nothing had happened.
                I found it extremely amusing.

1- but what would we do if some team did this to us?
                2- and what would we do if one of our players did this to another team?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

I was watching the game on sky sports and the reporter went nuts along with all the irish team, especially poor given.
                  for all my love for henry, the chap is pure "tokhm-e jenn" he carried on celebrating and went about his business as if nothing had happened.

Despite my sympathy for Ireland , I think the British and the Irish are kind of hypocrites. Week in week out , they witness the refereeing problems but always mention the same cliche ...Referee's mistakes are part of the game , and they do accept it!

Well.....BullsHit ....... In any civilized and professional system , if there are risks of committing expensive or safety related mistake , then it has to be addressed and mitigation processes be introduced to reduce , if not eliminate it. You just can't say it is a mistake...while the actual cost for the grieved party could be in millions !!!

Now that it hit the Irish hard , they want action !

FIFA being what it is , have failed miserably in this department. Anyone with even half a brain knows that it is the system fault rather than individual. The Game is becoming very complicated , players are mastering the art of deception ( Theiry Henry is NOT one of them ) and simply there is far too much pressure on the referees with the same refereeing system that has never changed.

I hope FIFA replays the game...if they do believe in what they preach "Fair Play" .....but the chances are slim although NO entirely a lost case.
                  Last edited by maij; 11-24-2009, 10:37 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Holland and Brazil all the way. I think Spain won't make it past first round of knock out stage. It is something about team's character. Italy will do great I think. But at the end it will be Brazil.
                    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                      I have a feeling,this WC, may be the most powerful WC.....
                      I believe, martin Reza ,who is good with statistics, can help......
                      Every body who is some body,in Football ,is qualified and is there......
                      There is no power house missing !
                      Has there ever been,a better selection of power in the WC ?
                      lol, but I have no stats on this. But you are right, basically all big names are there this time.

Some half-big names like Croatia, Turkey or Russia are missing, but it probably, name-wise, is one of the strongest linups ever.

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

I am really pissed as a neutral football fan in this case. I hope France get demolished and Henry gets booed at the WC.

A really interesing question is 2). I guess we would justify it by mentioning how often we were screwed and now it simply once was our turn.

Comment

I am still depressed about the failure to qualify. I don't think I will be able to get into football again until 2011 and that is if Iran does well. Nevertheless I will continue to support TM.

Comment

So what about that !!!!!!!

I am sitting in Africa watching the African making a festival and enjoying the WC 2010 draw , and they definately deserve to cherish the moments.....BUT it opened an old wound...

The fact that I don't see Team Melli amongst them......is really hurting again.

Hell....when will I get over it ??!!!

sigpic

Comment

I cheer for USA now, although USA has a good shot of promotion from first round behind England, no bloody way out of the second round.
                            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                            Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                            Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                              I cheer for USA now, although USA has a good shot of promotion from first round behind England, no bloody way out of the second round.
                              If the Confedeartion Cup was anything to go by , then the Yanks have one hell of a chance.......They might even surprise the Englishmen.... I hope they do!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X