WCQ rapped up and I ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maij View Post
    If the Confedeartion Cup was anything to go by , then the Yanks have one hell of a chance.......They might even surprise the Englishmen.... I hope they do!

I don't count on Confed cup too much, don't have a good reason to tell u why. But I think WC is a different story. The whole qualification, the whole one month the whole world is looking at these players, put them in a different mental state.
    Confed cup isn't by any measure anything close, so teams and players although they say they take it seriously, deep down is nothing close to WC.

US should make it in the second round behind england and then they have to play either Germany as the top team of group D. Group D is a death group, with Serbia, Ghana and even Aussies. Any team that tops that group will be a hell of a team. Even if as a miracle US wins its own group, even the second team in that group won't be easy. But first let's worry about the first round.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

So what about that !!!!!!!

I am sitting in Africa watching the African making a festival and enjoying the WC 2010 draw , and they definately deserve to cherish the moments.....BUT it opened an old wound...

The fact that I don't see Team Melli amongst them......is really hurting again.

Hell....when will I get over it ??!!!
      Majid jan, this wound like all great loves in life, will never heal. I'm still bitter about the failures I at least was able to watch (1990, 1994, 2002, 2010)....

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        Majid jan, this wound like all great loves in life, will never heal. I'm still bitter about the failures I at least was able to watch (1990, 1994, 2002, 2010)....

Nokhodi Jan...

I know why this one is so bitter...I think the expectation was simply too high. I personally did not think it was unrealistic for Team Melli to take one of the 5 seats. Hell , we had European based players , highly paid domestic players , the fans , the media …everything was there for grabs …..

I still ask the question ....Was our expectations unrealistic to qualify for the FIFA World Cup?

I know my answer: It was NOT unreasonable at all..... I think the players, coaches and the federation have let the Iranian fans down....and very badly. It is difficult to forgive them, specially the damn stooge Kafashian who is laughing at us while still clinging to the power and has the nerve and the audacity to threaten everyone with FIFA sanction if he is fired…...!!!!

These people give a special meaning to the term prudence!

Such is our luck…..…..

Last edited by maij; 12-07-2009, 03:21 PM.

sigpic

Comment

There should be something to be said about lack of any middle eastern country,from Asia......
          It appears, from now on......the trio of Australia, japan, and South Korea, without any difficulty would be representetives of Asia.......I do not see that be changed in future WCQ games.....wich may go back to the issue of Money, and management.........
          haveing said that.......it will boile down to Middle-eastern challenges......
          for next 2 to 3 WCQ, it will be a mater of how we do in the Middle east....and how we stack up against likes of , Bahrain-Saudis-Qatar,Oman,Etc,Etc...
          And if that is the case, we are competing with countries, that have better facilities, better Budgets,and even better manegment......fighting for only ( ONE and HALF ) spot !
          It will be a hard task at hand,considering our Poletical termoil adding additional handicap to our ever elementary mangement.
          Last edited by zzgloo; 12-07-2009, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Nokhodi Jan...

I still ask the question ....Was our expectations unrealistic to qualify for the FIFA World Cup?

I know my answer: It was NOT unreasonable at all

These people give a special meaning to the term prudence!

It certainly wasn't unreasonable. Iran plays in arguably the weakest of the football confederations. I don't even want to talk about facilities and management, because quite simply countries in Africa like Ivory Coast, Algeria, Cameroon, Nigeria... all make it into the World Cup, with less facilities, more corruption and less money. They just use talent and gheyrat.

I know it may seem useless to talk about gheyrat, but at a certain point in Iranian football, that was the only thing we fans were ever sure of. Now they don't even have that. I don't even want to compare us to South Korea or Japan because quite frankly the have the pedigree. They have the consistency and the mental capacity to at least destroy their Asian opponents even when playing poor games.
            TM has never been like that. TM loses games even when it plays good. It can't hold onto a 1-0 or 2-0 lead.
            To sum it up Iran couldn't qualify out a zone that lost its last half a spot to New Zealand.
            I will always support this team, but I have bought my expectations to the lowest point they ever have been.

Comment

What are some reliable websites to purchase football jerseys these days that ship to the USA?

Comment

Originally posted by Club monaco View Post
                What are some reliable websites to purchase football jerseys these days that ship to the USA?

Welcome stranger......It's been a long time .

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  I am still depressed about the failure to qualify. I don't think I will be able to get into football again until 2011 and that is if Iran does well. Nevertheless I will continue to support TM.
                  Yes I recognise myself in this. Still not recovered from the deppression.. I havnt watched more than 2 games since TM departure and eaven not my Manchester United a single game.. Used to watch about 3-6 games a week atleast on the telly.. And eaven more on the computer every week.

And I cant se myself and find a reason to watch WC, if I havnt betted on the games that is.. Would just think about TM under the games. Think the joy dissapered with football after that draw when Korea played on TM draw and ran to the cornedflag instead of going towards the open goal of the arabs, in the second half minute about 70 min.. Those games should have been played at similar time and I still cant get over it eaven if it sounds silly.. I probably would be over it now if we wouldnt qualified to wc but on fair results. Could then blame it on the Saudi loss in overtime and not on FIFA

But supporting TM for life, looking forward to AC and know the passion is alive
                  Last edited by Keshwardoost; 12-15-2009, 06:00 PM.
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                  X