Thank God we didnt qualify directly :o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank God we didnt qualify directly :o

Fittingly, the group of death is group G.
    I'd assume this "G" stands for "GANG-RAPE" if you're a north korean or AFC fan.

let me say it again. Thank GOD a 1000 times we didnt qualify directly, coz we'd be looking at a monumental and catastrophic rape of gigantic proportions if we were in the same group as NKorea.
    The kind of results we'd be absolutely ashamed of and would force us to seek naturalization from burkina-faso! and the kind that would force masses of Iranians to give up football altogether!

and while I'm at this, I have a theme for the WC first round:

WELCOME TO THE GANG RAPE OF NORTH KOREA.

==============

btw, we might be looking at a BRAZIL - SPAIN final!

although I'd love to see holland beat brazil in quarters and then, have a SPAIN - HOLLAND final (would give an arm for this one) and Holland go on to win the cup

lol, totally agree. And great that North Korea, who benefited from AFC's bias, will be punished, like Saudis and Bahrainis. Will be a joy to watch .

Comment

^

before the draw, last night, I was really hoping for a tough group for them. and I came up with 3 teams that I really wanted to be up against them: brazil, holland and portugal (spain is a bit suspect against physical;y defensive teams)
      when they announced NKorea was grouped with 2 of the 3, it was like my freaking birthday, new year and whatever else's present all rolled into one great gift.

and the ivory coast, being the strongest african team was just like the delicious icing on the cake.

shame on AFC and this massive rape of one of their rep's shd teach them a lesson for being so incompetent.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        Fittingly, the group of death is group G.
        I'd assume this "G" stands for "GANG-RAPE" if you're a north korean or AFC fan.
        let me say it again. Thank GOD a 1000 times we didnt qualify directly, coz we'd be looking at a monumental and catastrophic rape of gigantic proportions if we were in the same group as NKorea.
        The kind of results we'd be absolutely ashamed of and would force us to seek naturalization from burkina-faso! and the kind that would force masses of Iranians to give up football altogether!
        and while I'm at this, I have a theme for the WC first round:
        WELCOME TO THE GANG RAPE OF NORTH KOREA.

==============
        btw, we might be looking at a BRAZIL - SPAIN final!
        although I'd love to see holland beat brazil in quarters and then, have a SPAIN - HOLLAND final (would give an arm for this one) and Holland go on to win the cup
        No way Brazil and Spain in Final, it can't be Payman Jaan. Groups A to D are in one bracket and E-H the other bracket. So one team from A-D will play against a team from F-H in final. Since Brazil and Spain are in the G and H they will have to play each other earlier than final.
        Actually if Spain comes second in its group and Brazil wins its group, in the first round of the elimination round 1/16 .
        Last edited by Ali Chicago; 12-05-2009, 09:05 AM.
        "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
        Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
        Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
        sigpic

Comment

actually I feel damn sorry for them , poor Kim Jong-Il will be surakh, therefore he banned broadcasting of NKs matches but as you said, thank god NK is going to replace Iran
          TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

I have to offer a different perspective on the issue. It's actually a good experience for NK when they get to play Brazil and Ivory Coast. Even if they lose by a wide margin the big experience will go to make them into a better team for the next several years. It's like when you play chess with the strong opponents, you can get check mated in just a few moves but you also learn.

By the way I consider Germany's group to be just as difficult. Ghana is the best African team and Australia is the best Asian team. Serbia on the other hand has been doing very well and had little difficulty qualifying for the World Cup finals this year. In brief all four teams in there are very strong. The other difficult group is the one with Mexico, France, and South Africa in it.
            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

^ Agreed. Playing against a full-forced Brazil is not an experience you can earn easily. Arab teams pay a fortune to play against them. Besides, we just lost 2-0 to a much more powerful Portugal team four years ago.

We would have ended up fourth in the group for sure but we would also have become a much better team after the games.

I would prefer to feel the embarrassment of losing 5-0 against Brazil if it can avoid future losses against the likes of Jordan and KSA.
              2, 9, 10, 11 and 14

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                ^
                before the draw, last night, I was really hoping for a tough group for them. and I came up with 3 teams that I really wanted to be up against them: brazil, holland and portugal (spain is a bit suspect against physical;y defensive teams)
                when they announced NKorea was grouped with 2 of the 3, it was like my freaking birthday, new year and whatever else's present all rolled into one great gift.

and the ivory coast, being the strongest african team was just like the delicious icing on the cake.
                shame on AFC and this massive rape of one of their rep's shd teach them a lesson for being so incompetent.
                I think Spain would even have raped them harder, because fo European standards the North Koreans aren't even physically strong. Physically, tactically and technically they haven't got the slightest chance against any team in their group, it will be really bad for them and AFC. They are only there because KSA messed up against them. We basically did our job against DPR, we just messed up in UAE and vs. KSA at home basically.

Comment

Hmmmmmm.........I actually think North Korea will be building defenses that Kim Il Sung will be very proud of.

OK , I am not suggesting they will do well , but they will NOT be the roll over that you Gentlemen think. Simply speaking , in the qualification rounds , they only had one game plan and nothing but that...defend as much as you can even with 10 players and hope for a quick counter...that is all.

I am not suggesting that this will work very well in the World Cup , but hey...it took them there ... !

Then again , I don't wish any of the Asian teams to be humulated except for Saudi Arabia

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TM-Fan View Post
                    ^ Agreed. Playing against a full-forced Brazil is not an experience you can earn easily. Arab teams pay a fortune to play against them. Besides, we just lost 2-0 to a much more powerful Portugal team four years ago.

We would have ended up fourth in the group for sure but we would also have become a much better team after the games.

I would prefer to feel the embarrassment of losing 5-0 against Brazil if it can avoid future losses against the likes of Jordan and KSA.

forgive me if I dont share your immense optimism in this present TM capability/performance and coaching staff.
                    the way I see it is the team that finds it extremely hard to score against uae's youth side and needs an individual's flash of brilliance to score a single goal, and the team that concedes ( AND ALLOWS AT LEAST 3 100% OTHER SCORING CHANCES) to a 3rd rate asian team like jordan does not give me the security of only a 2-0 loss.
                    I fear with this set up and coaching, we'd have been looking at 4-5 goals at each game!

and I, for one, am not prepared to be embarrassed in front of the whole world as the nation who got crushed and bombarded with goals.

and we make too much of mere playing a top team also.yes, it has its many advantages and benefits. but I dont think we'd get much out of a game where we lose by at least 4-5 goals in front of the whole world, which provides a source of ridicule for us only.
                    what did ksa gain out of their 8-0 game?

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                      Hmmmmmm.........I actually think North Korea will be building defenses that Kim Il Sung will be very proud of.

OK , I am not suggesting they will do well , but they will NOT be the roll over that you Gentlemen think. Simply speaking , in the qualification rounds , they only had one game plan and nothing but that...defend as much as you can even with 10 players and hope for a quick counter...that is all.

I am not suggesting that this will work very well in the World Cup , but hey...it took them there ... !

Then again , I don't wish any of the Asian teams to be humulated except for Saudi Arabia

I tend to agree with Majid in this case. I think NKoreans will run on average like 15 Km that day and it will be a 1-0 victory for Brazil.
                      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
                      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
                      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
                      sigpic

Comment

1- North Korea, will surprize teams with system, more than those with techniques..........Thats how they beat Italy in the 60s.....North Korea ,will be beaten badly by Brazil...and would other wise do good with others.

2-Some African team, is bound to do good on this WC....and it is not South Africa.

3-The teams, I believe could be under estimated are

A=North Korea
                        B=Honduras
                        C= USA
                        D=SwitzerLand.

4- My wish, is for England to win the world cup.

Comment

I think Algeria is going to surprise everyone. They are mentally tough and physically can kick the ass of any of the teams there. Plus they have the proper footballing background.

Comment

I agree with Majid jaan here. I don't think North Korea will be the push-over as many think they will be. They will most probably lose all 3 matches, but it won't be worse than a 2-0 or at max 3-0 loss.
                            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

well, we can also consider ourselves instead of new zealand, since we could have finished 3rd if north korea had scored that 90th minute sitter against KSA. then we would be facing bahrain and later new zealand, assuming we would beat both.

anyways, looks like asian coefficient is going down even more after this
                              Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 12-09-2009, 01:37 AM.
                              Originally posted by siavasharian
                              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Working...
                              X