No announcement yet.

Your assessment of past 3 TM coaches.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's be honest, almost everyone has a coach he hates. May it be Branko for Dr. Doom, Daei for zzgloo or Ghotbi for many, like Kaiser Amir.

And to be honest, it has become widely accepted that people let go with their feelings and run campaigns (eg. by repeatedly calling a coach the same disrespectful way, like "wimp" or "computer freak") against them.

To me, that is pretty annoying. Can there anything be done about that? I don't mean by the Moderating Staff, but maybe everyone can take a deep breath and let go the hard feelings a bit. I mean those mostly are well respected long-time members who have much more to offer than bashing a coach constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
      Let's be honest, almost everyone has a coach he hates. May it be Branko for Dr. Doom, Daei for zzgloo or Ghotbi for many, like Kaiser Amir.

And to be honest, it has become widely accepted that people let go with their feelings and run campaigns (eg. by repeatedly calling a coach the same disrespectful way, like "wimp" or "computer freak") against them.

To me, that is pretty annoying. Can there anything be done about that? I don't mean by the Moderating Staff, but maybe everyone can take a deep breath and let go the hard feelings a bit. I mean those mostly are well respected long-time members who have much more to offer than bashing a coach constantly.
      Martin Jaan.........wise words !!!
      I am honest,and I do admit I hate " The guy " !....and when the feeling is deep, it is always with you....it is not the matter of constantly bashing a coach.........it is matter of being constantly " Our " " own self " !,and consistancy of our beliefs !!!
      My hatred of Daei,unlike other " hatreds " ! , is not neccessarly based on his poor performance, but, his arrogant disrepect of " US " the Iranian people, his true BOSS !!!!
      I ,for one, can never, ever, forgive such disrespect, even if it means being baned from PFDC.
      Last edited by zzgloo; 12-23-2009, 04:57 AM.

Comment

^ This has little to do with getting banned. It's more about how entertaining these forums can be for everyone and many people living out their hard feelings against a specific coach do reduce it from my point of view.

I must say, with all due to respect to Majid jan, I smell the same kind of hard feelings on the rise against Ghotbi by you, so I am a bit surprised that you react so strong to zzgloo's post.

Bahram jan, Of course such a feeling is always with you, but it's your own decision if you let it get the best of you, or if you control it and remember it's not that much of a big deal after all and chill out a little bit.

In the end, it's only hurt pride speaking out of us. We suffered an embarassement and we want somebody to blame. 11 players, 1 coach, who will we pick? Of course the coach. Partially that's justified, partially it's exaggerated.

Anyway, I guess we also all know that the "hate" we are talking about is not real hate, but strong negative feelings, just for the record. Because it takes more to hate someone than a couple of bad results as a coach.

Comment

^ This has little to do with getting banned. It's more about how entertaining these forums can be for everyone and many people living out their hard feelings against a specific coach do reduce it from my point of view.

I must say, with all due to respect to Majid jan, I smell the same kind of hard feelings on the rise against Ghotbi by you, so I am a bit surprised that you react so strong to zzgloo's post.

Bahram jan, Of course such a feeling is always with you, but it's your own decision if you let it get the best of you, or if you control it and remember it's not that much of a big deal after all and chill out a little bit.

In the end, it's only hurt pride speaking out of us. We suffered an embarassement and we want somebody to blame. 11 players, 1 coach, who will we pick? Of course the coach. Partially that's justified, partially it's exaggerated.

Anyway, I guess we also all know that the "hate" we are talking about is not real hate, but strong negative feelings, just for the record. Because it takes more to hate someone than a couple of bad results as a coach.
          I guess you are right.......hate is too strong a word !
          I do believe,we are all good people here !!.....
          one thing,that I shall remind myself in future, to watch my language ,will be the fear of losing nice people such as you all !

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
            God bless,Payman jaan....as I said it before,I admit I also speak Colorful ! Flowery !
            And I can see how you see it .....
            So, you think, Losing to Portugal and mexico in the WC,was most embarrassing than losing to the incomplete Saudi team in a pact AZADI estedium !.........
            I see your opinion,but I respectfuly disagree.

bahram jan, for me getting embarrassed in front of the whole world is worse than in front of asia only.
            as I said what stays with me w regards to branko is our once in a lifetime chance of doing something worthwhile in a WC, especially considering the way mexico played. not to mention the angola game. the loss to protugal was a given conclusion.

we have a saying (well, technically not "we", but it's still valid); Carpe Diem (cease the day)
            when a rare opportunity presents itself you have got to grab it by the neck and make the most of it.
            this is exactly that once in a lifetime chance. as today we see we did miss the following WC and god only knows when we'd reach one, nevermind the kind of group that presents with such an opportunity.

all that certainly justifies the "wimp" tag for that useless coach who gained 100 times more from us than us from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
              bahram jan, for me getting embarrassed in front of the whole world is worse than in front of asia only.
              as I said what stays with me w regards to branko is our once in a lifetime chance of doing something worthwhile in a WC, especially considering the way mexico played. not to mention the angola game. the loss to protugal was a given conclusion.
              we have a saying (well, technically not "we", but it's still valid); Carpe Diem (cease the day)
              when a rare opportunity presents itself you have got to grab it by the neck and make the most of it.
              this is exactly that once in a lifetime chance. as today we see we did miss the following WC and god only knows when we'd reach one, nevermind the kind of group that presents with such an opportunity.
              all that certainly justifies the "wimp" tag for that useless coach who gained 100 times more from us than us from him.
              I can not care less about the world.....I used to, but not now,......in a forign land, I always used to want to show off my haritage,and my rich culture,...........but not any more,....to whom ? for what ?.... ? to those who still call us arabs !?,........I no longer have inferiorety complexes against westerners,nor animosity.....and as other parts of the world ,we have done nothing to be embaaressed about.
              Had we beaten portugal and mexico, winning the world cup was not too far away !! .........it is not fair to balim it all on Branko......
              or did you forget,how embarressing, mexico beat us 4-0 in mexico under Ghalenoee ?......
              4-0 might not have been fair, but we are not as strong as mexico nor nearly as strong as portugal....we have a long way to go......
              Branko, realy did his best....he stayed up for a mounth, and had asked his fellow croatian friend football coachs, to help him figure mexico,and came up good in the first half, but you could count on match assignments and strategies to a point, and the secound half, belonged to the team who had better adopted players, and whose players were stronger at adjusting....,the first half was a gimmick , and the secound half was based on who realy we were,and against portugal TM played,reletively,admirable.,and after two losses, againt Angola, spirits were low, yet TM out plyed them...........Branko realy wanted to do good, it was very much to his benefit......but, the Iranian Class of football was just not enough !
              But, losing in AZADI, our House , our unbeaten record in our house, in front of 100,000 of our fans, to a under-maned saudi team ?.....was an embaaressment that will last longer, because it was in front our eyes,in our house, by our previouse aprentice,and hated arab foes.
              Last edited by zzgloo; 12-23-2009, 07:51 AM.

Comment

yea, we should have used our once in a life time opportunity and brought capello to iran, so then, he could help us defeat mexico with a just-returned-from-injury karimi, a just-returned-from-injury mahdavikia, a just-returned-from-injury hashemian, a just-returned-from-injury zandi, AND at the same time, make sure that our serie A defender, mr. rahman rezaei, doesnt take too long to clear a ball right infront of his own goal to avoid gifting a goal to the mexicans!

as for the angola game, lol, the highlights explain how they had nothing to say in that game except 1 shot on goal and 1 counter attack the entire 90 minutes while we kept missing 1 on 1s, empty nets and our shots being cleared off the line!

whether we get the result and dont play well, or play well but not get the result, we are always nagging and complaining and even insulting!!

OFFICIAL FIFA HIGHLIGHTS IRAN - ANGOLA:
                Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 12-24-2009, 12:47 AM.
                Originally posted by siavasharian
                ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

oh, jolly good . and lets all put our heads into the sand and pretend not to notice/remember the over-use & stupid over-reliance on 5-6 players with no foresight in having practical alternatives was not the reason for us fielding all those injured players.
                  and a bucket-full of other f*ck ups that have been listed ... but naturally are not visible while we are neck deep into sand!!

Comment

^ There were no practical alternatives, we all knew that and Branko as well. We had 5 quality players which we under no circumstances could replace. Branko's tactic to rely on those completely to maybe achieve a big thing at WC was a good decision.

He could have tested more alternatives, but they could never have beaten Portugal or Mexico anyway.

He was going for the big thing, and was unlucky with the injury situation.

But stop pretending by testing more players not even close to Kia, Karimi, Zandi, Hash and Rezaei, we could have compensated their injuries.

Comment

lol...this is getting ridiculous now!!! wat did u expect him to do, to drop karimi, hashemian, mahdavikia and zandi all at the same time and take our "super stars" from UAE league to the worldcup to defeat mexico and advance to 2nd round???

a 60% mahdavikia be 10 ta javad kazemiane 100% miarze!!! but at the end of the day, he is still half injured and obviously not on top form and we had to deal with it!

which team DOESNT rely on main 3 - 4 star players!!??? how many such teams exist in the world today?? freaking france lost 1 zidane and they had a worldcup performance worse than irans!!!
                      all these so-called "buckets of f*ck up" are buckets some people filled up for themselves only, thats why others never saw it and never will!
                      Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 12-23-2009, 11:46 PM.
                      Originally posted by siavasharian
                      ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                      بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

I wonder if there any one els in our PFDC who feel Branko was the main fault for our record in the WC ?........
                        I wonder, what happened to thier, sky high, expectations,ever since ??......and how come all of the sudden they got realistic with likes of Daei and Ghotbi ??
                        and if they know, what exactly caused thier high expectations for that time ?...........could it be, they are blaiming Branko who elevated thier expectaions in the first place.??

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          2- branko digeh cheh khariyeh?
                          he was given 5 years to get his mediocre results. I'm sure if u give even ghotbi 5 yrs he WILL get at least the same as that freaking wimp, if not better.
                          ^^ Dr D. staying consistent on Branko.
                          sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Thanks for " saying what you needed to say " !!
                            And you are still one of my most faivorit MODS,along with yashar and faraz.. I don't know if What am I supposed to do ?, say yes to what ever you say ?..even when you attack, with all force,and using 20 words to dircribe my " uncivilized ,immature,biasd,prejudice,personal vandetta " of what ? asking others " Who is the most arrogant coach " ???.

There are two aspects of this argument ;

1) Personal: and that is when you claim that you respect me but then come out and question my integrity! In my culture , if I respect someone , I do listen to him and listening is not always complimentary or ( Khye maley) , sometimes there is criticism , which I take overboard and I try to address it. It is VERY possible that that the criticism was justified or appropriate. After all , we are NOT perfect. Your culture seems to be different. The second you hear anything resembling disapproval , then your opposite side is the enemy , not one of your favorite mods !!!

2) Professional: I will use my power in this website to the best of my ability and that power is to stop and eliminate hate messages. Don't even think for a second that I will hesitate to do that when and if I find it appropriate. You like it or you don't , Agha Bahram , is the least of my worries. I have always given you a lot of my time and answered tons of your concern and grievances, you cannot deny that. But if you want to use this website as a platform for your personal hate messages, then you are stepping over the line, my friend.

You are far too intelegent ,not to notice your " Over reaction ",was I realy needed to be reminded of F + policies ?....and that is all still fine with me........you are like all of us ,a Human ....
                            I do believe, your contribution is secound to non on PFDC..and always appreciate your hard work ,intelegent and thoughtful input......
                            But, majid Jaan, even as a " Normal fan of Iranian football " I say to you.....Ali Daei is not GOD .........and our feelings would be better placed when our " people " are put first...........and to me, he has insulted our football as well as our people !!

Does a person need to be God to be respected, given the credit he is due , protected against smear campaign , lies , hatred , malicious rumors ..etc ? What about yourself….. what would be your feeling if you are at the wrong end of such campaign?????

2- You know very little of Ali Daei , yet you publicly come up and say you hate him !! Does that sound wise or ethical.

You too need to accept it or respect my opinion....and if that is not possible,
                            do not call it 20 different names.
                            We are both very different,but I believe I can tolerate ,and still appreciate you,... you how ever,do not need to appreciate me, just tolerate !
                            I do not agree at all of your assessment of Daei character , I repeat DO NOT AGREE AT ALL. If there are views that I think I can exchange with you or others , then I would participate and try to defend my argument…. But that is not the case here. You are not criticizing, you are on a smear campaign and character assassination ... and as much as I want to say otherwise, Bahram Jan , I DO NOT RESPECT such attitude...I am sorry. You can criticize anyone in this earth, Particularly me , but with good intention. When you do it for a purpose, like hatred....then the game changes.

Finally , we are here for one good purpose and that is to support Persian Football and in doing that , we are acquainted with good people here , exchange views & experiences , exchange feeling and some hot words in heated arguments , tell each other stories , even trade criticism , all in good spirit with the final objective of having a jolly good time ............ Please do not spoil it with hate messages. I don’t think that is too much to ask.

Last edited by maij; 12-26-2009, 12:17 AM.

sigpic

Comment

I am not too sure if you are addressing me, but in any case it is worth a reply.

There is a difference...no not just a difference but a huge galaxy wide difference between criticizing someone for reason that one thinks it is appropriate ( but not necessary true or factual ) and for a person who attacks , smear and is on a promotion of hatred.

I don't think I need to continue or add any further, but if you are not convinced then I will certainly put in more of the argument.

Not only I don't have any confidence in the ability of Ghotbi , I did not like him as a person before he even came to Iran and I have my reason. His absolute joy with that monkey jump/leap while clinching his fist in defiance when South Korea defeated Iran on penalties in KL. He was barely 10 meters in front of me , and it left a scar. An Iranian in ecstasy enjoying the defeat of his nation!!

OK..maybe many people specially the ones in the west consider this a professional act ( Although the Dutch coach Pim Verbeek did not leap into the air like Ghotbi) . It is acceptable to do such a thing for your paymaster , I , on the other hand come from a different culture where pride and patriotic feeling take precedence on financial interests. Call it Old fashioned, if you well.

In any case...I do not have respect for Ghotbi and after knowing many other facts from one of our mutual friends ( ) my very little residual respect all but disappeared. But I never HATED the man nor have I participated in a campaign to personal attack, smear campaign or even unjustified condemnation.

sigpic

Comment

Wow, such a heated discussion on three peanuts.

Talk about the job: nothing to say, nothing acheived, so I don't see any difference between 0.0000000002, 0.0000000003 and 0.0000000001, do you?

About manner: by far Ghorbi is disgrace to any professional person, regardless what profession. The guy has no dignity, that's it.

Comment

Working...
                                X