Iran - Mali postmatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran - Mali postmatch

I didnt watch the first half, thanks to the time-change.
    but I have a few points to make on the 2nd:

1- most importantly, this serial losing streak does a lot of damage to the morale of the team and slowly I'm beginning to worry about facing the 4th or 5th rated asian team, singapore !!!!!! (now that's one tragic statement that I never ever thought I'd say )

I still think we can beat singapore in singapore and that, by normal standards, is still my belief. but I cant hide my worry about this trend of defeats in TM

-------------
    now, to the game;

2- what's ghotbi trying to say, by filling up the team with as many lefties as possible, even at the cost of misplacing them all over the pitch?
    that he's had a palpable effect on the team?
    but what about QUALITY?

I dont say zeneiedpour or madanchi or feshangchi or hajsafi or ... are bad players.
    all are DESERVING player who shd be in TM.
    but to put in as many as possible irrespective of their uses or style? what's the point in that?

----------------

3- our midfield was absolutely DEAD (in 2nd half)!
    except madanchi who was active and industrious, the rest were just dummies filling the roster to make 11 on the pitch.
    ando, zandi, rezaei, feshangchi, zeneiedpour, ... all were absolutely disastrous in creating any opportunity.

"creativity" too sareshoon bekhoreh .... they were also useless in taking control of the middle of the pitch also!!
    they had lost the middle through and through!!

-----------------

4- what is ghotbi's stupid insistence on using midfielders as LB's ? hajsafi, madanchi, feshangchi, ... !!
    what's wrong with ashjari, for example? is he injured or retired or ... ? why be vindictive and keep ashjari out of the team that CLEARLY suffers from lack of a LB who can defend ?

-----------------

5- by now every coach must have understood if you press TM up front, they'll crumble!
    it's clearly seen:
    press the midfield even a little bit, and they'll pass back to defense or even GK !!!!!
    then maintain the press ( and since our midfield is so low on intelligence to create space ) and the ONLY thing that will result is the useless lobs from defense , which can be dealt with very easily!

this has happened in daei's time as well as ghotbi's.
    but at least in daei's time we did see the slightest bit of variation (nothing dramatic enough to make the team efficient, unfortunately). but in ghotbi's team that seems to be very prevalent !

-------------------

6- again, the idiotic & retarded insistence on "single forward formation" .... no matter if we're ahead or behind, no matter if we want to force a draw or push for a win, no matter at home or away, no matter against a weak opponent or a strong one, no matter if we're playing a physical team or a technical team, no matter .... !!!
    just ONE template for every freaking scenario!

the result:
    poor strikers are left alone, ALWAYS CROWDED and outnumbered ... despite some good quality forwards we may have!!
    I didnt see ansarifard's goal and it is good to see a striker score. but as we say "ba yek gol bahar nemishe". the prevalent scene is that our forwards are always outnumbered and crowded, therefore are pretty much taken out of the game!!

even when meydavoodi was brought in for zandi, he was kept so far away from the frontline that made him invisible and useless.
    and I dont blame the poor lad for this. the fault lies elsewhere (formation)

---------------------

7- is it still to early to sing: "nananaaa-na , nananaaa-na , hey-hey-hey good-byeee" ?

Mali - Iran postmatch

It was a deserved loss, and an unsurprising one. Mali is a better team, period.

Here my conclusions from the game:

- The defense was catastrophal. The only somewhat acceptable player was Khosro Heydari, who also didn't play well at all though. Feshangchi should be dumped into the next thrashbin, Nosrati and S. Heidari impressively proved that Aghili, despite sucking bigtime, is the better option any day. Aghili even looked good as a defender compared to Nosrati after coming on - an amazing achievement.

- G. Rezaei needs to stay on his feet. Otherwise he's useless, despite his amazing speed.

- In order to dominate a game, you need to win the midfield. And you don't win the midfield with only one player fighting. Zandi is a good player, but he's not good in such a deep position. What extremely surprised and bothered me was that Ghotbi took out one of 2 central midfield players in secondhalf and replaced him with another striker. With that change, we lost any chance to create sth. There is no sense in having 5 strikers if there's noone to serve them.

- Ansarifard adds a glimmer of hope upfront. Maybe combined with Shojaei we can actually "fake" a real attack, despite missing real target strikers.

Comment

both feshangchi and zeneiedpour are good left midfielders, not strikers, nor defenders.

they both deserve to be in TM. but ghotbi misplaced them so badly that clashed with their characteristics and style, which obviously rendered them useless.

so we didnt have 5 strikers. we had 1 forward who was placed in his position.
      and another (meydavoodi) came in , but in the wrong post: CM !!! which obviously doesnt suit his game.

===========

you are absolutely correct that we truly and thoroughly deserved to lose this game.
      even when mali was sitting back and merely controlling the game, we didnt deserve to win it or even get a point!

I also agree on ansarifard, and the lad has shown to be worth the investment.
      but not paired with anther misplaced player (shojaie). maydavoodi or even rezaei would be far better options for a partnership as TWO-MAN strike line, to provide different styles for him.

I desperately hope khalili gets back to form.
      becoz his style and characteristic is excellent for a forward that's hardly seen in Iran. he doesnt waste time w the ball and is quick in his decision making. he also is an opportunist.
      but right now, he is in a very poor form. and he better get back in shape.
      otherwise we'll be deprived of a very good potential in the team and he wont get what he deserves.

Comment

We started with Ansarifard, Khalili, G. Rezaei and Madanchi, basically 4 strikers. Then with Zanidpour another one came in.

But of course if there's noone who's got your back, you will have to work back much and any benefit of having more strikers is lost again.

It's really time to realize there is no sense in pressing as many offensive payers into the lineup as possible, there needs to be a good balance, and today the team was off-balance, but not because it was too defensively. Especially after Zandi went out and Teymourian played a one-man-midfield. Never seen such a lineup anywhere before ever!!

Comment

you can start with :

rezaei, khalili, meydavoodi, ansarifard, daei, azizi, enayati, borhani, amraei, mosalman, piyus and marfavi in the team.
          that does NOT mean you are doing the correct thing by simply using a player.
          the issue is :
          where & in what post?

much like how meydavoodi was brought in too deep (for zandi) that kept him away from where he is most proficient.

it is time to realize if we keep a SIMPLIFIED and BASIC formation where the players are most comfortable and easily comprehend, like 4-4-2, then we dont have to f**k up the line up by covering a pile of shit with powdered sugar. no matter hwo much sugar u use, it still tastes like sh*t.

Comment

you all know what scares me the most right now?
            that ghotbi will try to somehow save his aorthless arse and put in the MAIN TEAM against nkorea, and push them beyond their limits for a win .... which means 90% of the team that has the crucial game against singapore is pushed to its limits within 3 days of that game, PLUS another travel schedule of qatar-singapore (shd be at least 4-5 hours flight + the pre- post- flights issues and one day loss of recovery, ...)!

therefore we may see a tired, unfit team against singapore, needing a win !!

mashallah, great team management!

Comment

A simpliefied basic formation? What's a 4-2-3-1? A complicated formula for rocket scientests?

Stop promoting extremely easy solutions. There are no such solutions to the problems we have.

Comment

- When you don't have strong forwards to receive direct and long balls...

- When you don't have defenders who can pass short balls ...

- When you don't have a midfielders who can receive the balls face to your own net and turn ...

- When you don't have a coach who realize such a basic observation ...

- When you are pressed in min 85 by 4-5 forwards in your penlaty box ...

What to do?

Close the whole show down and go home under a warm "korsi".

You don't call this college level team a national team, pleaseeeeeeeeee.

I loved how Mali were toying with us, they played like they came for a vacation and given a toy to play with.

Good for them.

Comment

^ True. We can move our losers around on the field like we want, the difference will be minimal.

And today we saw what the difference between IPL and UAE players on one side and a team full of European based players on the other side is.

Comment

1.well at least we didnt play with 2 DMs and tried a new tactic, even though i
                    dont agree with 4-2-3-1 system for our current team with its players.

2.ando played real well, and in good day id rather have him than nekunam.
                    but benching neko is very hard i guess for ghotbi.

3.at least i think or hope ghotbi has realized 2 DMs is a dead end for our football

4.even the left -back problem can be fixed, my main worry is trying to find the
                    right play maker.this is TMs real problem.

5.Dont worry guys, id rather have tm making mistakes now than in the AC.
                    lets control our emotions and try to make the best from what we have.
                    But i do edmit though, with the leginoares retired, they left a big whole in
                    tm.

6.and most importantly, our players seem to keep the ball for too long, not only because
                    they could, but most of the times they have limited options as the other players dont help out and
                    dont get in the right position to help out.This again should be though to players at youth level and is
                    very dificult for player to adopt now.
                    Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

1.if karimi comes back it would change the whole thing, trouble is that im not
                      sure if he has the strength to play for both club and Tm at 90mins.

2.navidkia is injury prone and has shown he dont want to be in TM

3.ansarifard gives me hopes for the front but need a partner

4.zandi has some skills but not enough, even though he assisted ansarifard
                      beautifully today.he dont look like having the strength to fight 90mins neither.

5.the only person i can think of right now that is naturally a attacking midfielder
                      is actually shojae.dont forget guys, for osasuna he plays out of position,
                      he is actually a midfielder.Even thoughid rather have him as a SS to ansarifard.

6.and what is it with khalatbari not getting a try as the playmaker??

from what ive seen, i want this at the asian cup (with current tm players).

-------ansarifard----------
                      ------------------shojae---
                      ------------------------------
                      -----------khalatbari----------
                      madanchi---------------G.Rezayi
                      -------------------------------
                      -----------ando---------------
                      ------------------------------
                      asjari----X-----aghili-------heydari

------------------------------------

for the next game:

-------------ansarifard--------------
                      -----------------------meydavoudi---
                      --------------------------------------
                      ----------------khalatbari-------------
                      --------------------------------------
                      madanchi-------------------------Rezayi
                      -----------------------------------------
                      -----------------Ando-------------------
                      -----------------------------------------
                      hajsafi------hosseini---aghili--------heydari
                      ------------------------------------------
                      ----------------rahmati-------------------
                      Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Daammnn!
                        I just watched the 3 goals of the 1st half (youtube link in football forum).
                        LOL what the f**k was that defense? WOW!
                        absolutely pathetic marking and defending by central defenders.
                        it was hilarious and if it werent Iran, I'd be laughing my arse off right now.

NOW I understand what martin meant by apologizing to aghili. and I second him on this.

btw, I dont blam feshangchi for this. he was at fault, but LB is NOT his position and the poor lad is only the scapegoat for that goat who put the wrong players in the wrong positions.

damn, those goals were embarrasing.

--------------------

while on that, I must really commend ansarifard's decision making for the goal. showed maturity and skills.
                        7 our of 10 iranian forwards would have tried to trap the ball, then dribble this and "laee" that and then shift the ball to their correct foot and then try to shoot .... while half the opponents would have retreated!

Comment

if I were ghotbi, I'd just play the second string players and maybe bring in a couple of main team for the nkorea game (not to tire them uselessly).

but against singapore, I'd play :

haydari ---- hosseini --- aghili ---- XXX (since he hasnt called ANY left backs!!!!)

------------ nekunam----------------

shojaei/kaabi -- mobaali --- madanchi

----- ansarifard --- meydavodi-----

Comment

^^ Yeah, and it wasn't just the goals. Especially Nosrati, Feshangchi and S. Heydari were really lucky at times that their mistakes didn't result in further goals. Sadly, Feshangchi wasn't just poor in defense, he also contributed nothing to the offense in first half. In second half, when Mali played more defenisvely, he at least had 2 or 3 offensive scenes.

My "favourite" Feshangchi scene was in second half, when we had a throw-in and he throwed the ball straight to the lone opponent nearby, just to idiotically foul him a second later. Within that second he had made a great FK for Mali out of a throw-in for Iran. It was symbolic for his performance today. At least for LB, he must be totally out of the race now.

Comment

he is good but ghotbi shoudnt have started him,he should have come on as a
                              sub.
                              Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Working...
                              X