GHOTBI is the best choice for this team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GHOTBI is the best choice for this team

When you are trying to scrap your old car, you keep the old tires and battery. You try to not fill out the tank and surly you don’t change the upholstery with the expensive leather.

Or do you?

This team is the team to scrap and Ghotbi is the old upholstery that fits this team. Any attempt to refresh him with the higher version is waste of money.

Do you want a better football? Don’t start from national level.

End of story.

Cheers,

^ LOL

haji joon, have some milk. it'll take away the edge of the hang-over and sober you up

right now, as we speak, I can bet both GN and Daei will do a far better job than this chap. with the very same roster

Comment

hajagha is right i think.IFF has to make younger leagues in different ages of all
      the pro and azadegan league manditory.

like u17 of esteghlal should play 18 games a season same as u17 of foolad.

and more iraninan coaches need proper training classes.
      Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        ...I can bet both GN and Daei will do a far better job than this chap. with the very same roster
        I bet too, but, you shouldn't waste your better card in a lost hand.

The whole system crumbles, there is nothing to save. For example, I bet both Daei and GN will do no good in Asian championship.

Cheers

Comment

agree with Haji.

For a ****ed up federation, ****ed up team and a ****ed up management, a traitor coach like Ghotbi is more than enough.

The Iranian system is falling, and football will go with it. Face the facts.

Regime Iran alan Negarane Chejoori roozesho shab kone, shabesho rooz. Che berese rajebe football betoone fekr kone!

Comment

Ghotbi is underrated in my opinion. I am aware that he hasn't really performed well during his time as coach for the national team, but on the other hand, he hasn't really had much time. It has been proven time and again that continuity is what pays off in the end. Every now and then a new voice is needed (Lex Branko for instance), but nobody can take away from him that he finished third in AC04 and qualified to WC06 as the third TM coach ever. Anyway, I know Doctor Doom dislikes Branko so I won't provoke you too much . My point is that Ghotbi is a good coach but that he isn't really able to make a fair impact while the system of the federation and the league is of poor quality as we all already know. Not to mention that as soon as an Iranian coach faces the slightest obstacle, he is fired. This does not really create harmony and trust among the players.

Give Ghotbi some time. Stop complaining and namedropping others. Support him instead and blame the system - not him when things go sour .
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
            And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Haf3z View Post
              Give Ghotbi some time. Stop complaining and namedropping others. Support him instead and blame the system - not him when things go sour .
              Just a simple question:

Why?

Why on earth some one should support him?

Is he an accomplished coach?

Is he honest?

is he loveable?

is he working for free?

What is so special about him? Do you see any slight improvement in any way in his team? After all he is there for almost a year with the worse result ever happened in Iranian history

He is another scumbag who is there to fill his pocket in my book.

I like to keep the guy to make sure no one will be burned over a failed system. My reason to keep him is 180 degree different than yours.

Comment

Here is a copy of my comments, on football forum,on the poll,regarding the main reason for our failiers...

1- Our new generation,the majority of Iranians, are under 30 years old (70% ),and they all have been born in the islamic system !
                2-It took, 30 years, thier fresh adulthood....for our new generation to find out what this Islamic system is about, something we out side knew it 30 years ago.
                3-It is the first time, islamic republic,s regim, is giving out a generation that needs to florish from within and to within .
                4- It is same reason , we have had far too many players wanting to leave the country,before even becoming a talent.
                5-It is the same reason, millions,of high school graduates, are out of job, as the system while producing them, has no room for them to grow.

the reason, the Golden generation has ended, is because, that was a ( wishful generation ) who grew without knowing what this system is about !
                the main reason for our recent failiers ...is #4,..the islamic Republic....because, the new new generation, knows ! NOW !!!, what the Islamic republic is about......the new generation, comprehends,its limitations, while the old one, was too naive, to know its RIGHTS !!
                The new generation, : Is a frustrated generation, who can no longer be single minded in Football !!!!!and wants more !!!!!
                .................................................. .................................................. ...

We need not to fix the football , at TM level, or league level.......
                We need, to do it, at the Poletical level !
                .................................................. .................................................. ....
                Meanwhile, as hajagha says....Ghotbi, is just fine for now !
                Last edited by zzgloo; 01-09-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Haf3z View Post
                  Ghotbi is underrated in my opinion. I am aware that he hasn't really performed well during his time as coach for the national team, but on the other hand, he hasn't really had much time. It has been proven time and again that continuity is what pays off in the end. Every now and then a new voice is needed (Lex Branko for instance), but nobody can take away from him that he finished third in AC04 and qualified to WC06 as the third TM coach ever. Anyway, I know Doctor Doom dislikes Branko so I won't provoke you too much . My point is that Ghotbi is a good coach but that he isn't really able to make a fair impact while the system of the federation and the league is of poor quality as we all already know. Not to mention that as soon as an Iranian coach faces the slightest obstacle, he is fired. This does not really create harmony and trust among the players.

I agree.

Given the circumstances, Ghotbi is a good choice for our national team. it goes with out saying that our national team really deserves better, but before we get a better coach, we must have better IFF, planning, a better Government, better system... for what we have, Ghotbi is actually too good and I don't think he will last our way of doing things..

Comment

wise words by a wise man

yes I agree to your arguments; moreover now that we have qualified for AC 2011, Ghotbi needs to head the TM at least till Irans last game in AC11! (which we hope is the finals)

thereafter sacking or extending his contract will be based on Iran's achievement justifiable and also correct!

For now both Ghotbi and TM have my full support!
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

I totally agree with Hajagha. Not even talking about who realistically would be available as replacement anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
                        I bet both Daei and GN will do no good in Asian championship.
                        Cheers
                        For the record, Daei with Perspolis lost 4-1 to Shahin Boshehr. Was it Daei's fault? I don't think so.

Comment

For the record, Daei with Perspolis lost 4-1 to Shahin Boshehr. Was it Daei's fault? I don't think so.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                            Like I said and I want to remind all , Daei took a very high risk in taking the job at a unstable club like Perspolis. If Daei could manage to end up in the top 4 clubs with Perspolis , then he has achieved something grand and should be highly credited for it.

As for the Ghotbi being the best choice coach, I would timidly say Yes , because in chaotic system where shortcomings are aplenty . One inappropriate appointment in Team Melli will not make such a great difference in the fortunes of football. But , that is not the point here …the point is this appointment of Ghotbi as the coach was based on personality , popularity and celebrity status of the guy rather than his competence , skill , experience , character reference.
                            I didn't mean to discredite daei in my post. As you see I quoted myself in that post which had a history for its own.

Any way, I agree with you and I do believe coaching a football team is not play-station as some people think they have all the control.

Comment

and I do believe coaching a football team is not play-station as some people think they have all the control.

EXACTLY!!!
                              you said it the best way possible!
                              CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X