Branko is so cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Branko is so cool

Since some certain people constantly spam this board with anti-Branko stuff and amateur analyises, I will now start spamming this Forum with pro-Branko posts until hopefully everyone realizes having an agenda and aggressively pursuing it by repeatedly posting the same bs over and over is simply not appropriate for a F+ Forum.

Depite the weak level of our clubs in Asia, we can see that the national team under Ivankovic has not dropped to this level but is one of Asia's topteams (sth we can't say from our clubs).

Ivankovic bravely went his own way and despite heavy pressure from conservative Iranian coaches, journalists and some conservative fans, selected modern players which fit into his philosophy and modern football. He developed a young and tactically disciplined team around a few very important veterans. Not to talk about his role in persuading Hashemian to return and helping to convince Zandi to play for Iran.

Beside the success that is undoubtedly proved by his record, he added a tactical variabiliy to the team that has not been existant before his time. Never before in TM's more recent football history an Iranian national team was able to switch between so many different (modern) tactical formations as it has now.

Despite lack of quality players for certain positions (which comes due to the bad Iranian youth work) he built a strong team that will play a good World Cup.

Beside that, his connections to former Yugoslavian countries seem to have saved our WC preperations - despite organizing friendlies is the manager's job and not the coach's.

So thank you brave Branko Ivankovic for your great work and I'm already looking forward to TM's matches in Germany.
    Last edited by Martin-Reza; 04-15-2006, 04:07 PM.

Good sum up
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
    Go IRAN!

Comment

hehehehe...

this IS funny stuff.

1- asia's top team:
      we must be really inflated after such historic wins against mighty teams like laos and n korea .
      this is the stuff of champions.
      forget about the fact that we almost never showed ANY semblance of cohesion and teamwork or team tactics !

2- on matters of bravery, return of VH, ... , all it reminds me is:

denial is a good tool to have at times like this.
      ignorance is bliss.

3- but the best one is : "tactical variability" !
      good one.

I may have been watching pakistan's team, then.
      coz what I saw was fit for pakistan's level !

but then again, it all comes to one's standards and levels.
      so I cant really impose mine on anyone's.
      it's a free world.

4- no wait. this one's as good as the previous one : "his connections to ....."

through his frightened and cowardly attitude, we lost many chances and opportunities to have test games. but nooooo, we must not count those.

yet, we must laud two "not yet materialiazed" ( note how many such promises were offered by IFF before ) games that frankly dont help the team in anyway, as neither bosnia nor croatia play ANYTHING like the 3 teams we'll be facing at the WC !
      NONE whatsoever !

but, we shd stand up and applaud this !!

ok !

finally I must say:
      by saying something, it doesnt become reality, even if we say it a 100000 times.
      there is an apt saying on wishes and pigs flying.
      branko, brave?

riiiight !
      Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 04-15-2006, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza
        Depite the weak level of our clubs in Asia, we can see that the national team under Ivankovic has not dropped to this level but is one of Asia's topteams (sth we can't say from our clubs).
        Branko hasnt made Iran a top team in Asia, we always have been a top team in Asia and frankly any chimpazee that has the talent that we have under could have produced the same results.
        Ivankovic bravely went his own way and despite heavy pressure from conservative Iranian coaches, journalists and some conservative fans, selected modern players which fit into his philosophy and modern football. He developed a young and tactically disciplined team around a few very important veterans.
        you have nothing to back that with, there is no evidence that under Branko TM has went over even one pre-disposed tactical play
        Not to talk about his role in persuading Hashemian to return and helping to convince Zandi to play for Iran.
        This i must agree was one of Branco's biggest accomplishements. And I applaud him for attempting to invite Dejagah and other foreigners, but the damn media pressured him not to.
        Beside the success that is undoubtedly proved by his record, he added a tactical variabiliy to the team that has not been existant before his time. Never before in TM's more recent football history an Iranian national team was able to switch between so many different (modern) tactical formations as it has now.
        Despite lack of quality players for certain positions (which comes due to the bad Iranian youth work) he built a strong team that will play a good World Cup.
        what are you talking about Branco has never changed the team tactically. since the day hes stepped foot in Iran he's played a 4-4-2. and with not trying anyone new, by playing the same 11 starters since the 5 years hes been in charge hes made the team fragile, right now if ONE of our players gets injured we are screwed. noone else would have experience in the position and he wouldnt gel in with the team

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli
          what are you talking about Branco has never changed the team tactically. since the day hes stepped foot in Iran he's played a 4-4-2. and with not trying anyone new, by playing the same 11 starters since the 5 years hes been in charge hes made the team fragile, right now if ONE of our players gets injured we are screwed. noone else would have experience in the position and he wouldnt gel in with the team
          that's the biggest mistake Branko made. He placed far too much emphasiz on certain players over the last 4 years.

But I am surprised that some people here still argue that Branko's system is a 4.4.2. We will get destroyed if we play 4.4.2. If we are going to make it respectable is because we play 4.2.3.1 or even 4.3.2.1 (which I think Branko will play at the WC).But Branko's legacy is and has been the 4.2.3.1

P.S, Hashemian has NEVER mentioned Branko's Role in his coming back to the team. He has stated, Clearly and many times , that he came back because of people's calls at a critical point (DOWN in the FIRST Round of the WCQ, on the verge of elemination). Branko had gone after him before, and it didn't happen. Untill Hashemian acknowledges or states that Branko had a role in his return I have to believe what I have already heard from VH a few times, with clear and loud voice. HE came back, FOR US. You and Me.

Comment

Peyman Jan,

when you know there is not going to be a change,
            when you know what it is, is , what's gonna be,
            when you know there is less than 60 days left,

why take the harsh road?

name your starting 11 and see how many of them are the same players that Branko has on.. try it. So the difference between you (or me) and Branko in player selection might be 1 or 2. or at most 3.

You see, I am not defending Branko, as ironic as it may be, (and i am sure my past posts show my views on him), but I just find myself in a position where eventhough I don't want to defend him or don't want to support him, at this point, I have to leave him alone. He is the coach of of our Team and he is going to the WC with our team. As much as I don't like his style I love our own boys. I am not sure if what I say makes much sense, but that's the best I can express it.

so I ask you again, plesae tone down your signature. thanks bro.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli
              Branko hasnt made Iran a top team in Asia, we always have been a top team in Asia.
              Not until 1996 and we didn't look like a topteam when we got our asses whipped by South Korea in 2000 and Bahrain in 2001.

This i must agree was one of Branco's biggest accomplishements. And I applaud him for attempting to invite Dejagah and other foreigners, but the damn media pressured him not to.
              Just as side-issue, Dejagah will not be able to play for Iran's national team ever after playing for Germany's U21. We were lucky in Zandi's case, since FIFA had special rules until December 2004 (the request for Zandi was sent before that date) which was basically made for former Soviet internationals.

That's simply not true. Branko started with a 3-3-3-1, then changed to a 4-2-3-1 (the first time I saw Iran play a decent fourback, before his time we were not able to play anything but a threeback - and not even three on one line, but sweeper and two markers). During Asian Cup he switched between 4-2-3-1 and 3-4-3. The 4-4-2 diamond did not appear before early 2005.

Apart from that we are not screwed when one player is missing, tell me which player and what position and I tell you the alternatives and the venues at which this player filled the spot.

Comment

How about an alternative for mirzapour?
                Or an alternative for mahdavikia??? (last time he was missing navidkia played and he didnt have a very good game not to mention he doesnt play right midfield)

By alternative i mean someone who is competent enough to play at the level the starter played at...

Comment

Originally posted by SAAM
                  How about an alternative for mirzapour?
                  Or an alternative for mahdavikia??? (last time he was missing navidkia played and he didnt have a very good game not to mention he doesnt play right midfield)

By alternative i mean someone who is competent enough to play at the level the starter played at...
                  Competence doesn't come by playing in TM. It's of course clear that barely any team has players on the bench that are not weaker than the one's starting. I mean who is supposed to replace Ronaldinho for Brazil?

Anyway, Roudbarian and Talebloo are the reserve keepers currently. They are experienced IPL keepers, got playing time in TM recently and before that played in U23 and/or Iran's B team. Behind that we still have Rahmati, who played a lot in the Olympic team and has 7 TM caps. He already showed that he's a reliable backup when he played in that dramatic 3-2 in Qatar in WCQ.

As for Mahdavikia, most recently Teymourian replaced him against Costa Rica and was part of the team that showed an impressive frst half display. Also there is Kazemian with 28 caps as well as Navidkia with 25 caps who both can fill the position, although either of them interprete's the role differenly of course.

Comment

yes martin reza but navidkia is a central mid who cannot play right midfield very well as he has weak crossing and is slow plus teymourian has the same problem.

As for kazemian, he can replace mahdavikia but will take the standard of our team much lower.

Plus if ronaldinho is out, brazil can just put in kaka in the same position or play with ronaldo and adriano as 2 strikers instead of using shadow strikers, they have the depth while we don't

Comment

Originally posted by SAAM
                      yes martin reza but navidkia is a central mid who cannot play right midfield very well as he has weak crossing and is slow plus teymourian has the same problem.

As for kazemian, he can replace mahdavikia but will take the standard of our team much lower.

Plus if ronaldinho is out, brazil can just put in kaka in the same position or play with ronaldo and adriano as 2 strikers instead of using shadow strikers, they have the depth while we don't
                      Brazil usually play a 4-2-2-2 with Ronaldinho as one of the two 'wingers' behind the two strikers, so Adriano's in anyway. So if Ronaldinho's out, they can bring Juninho on or push Ze Roberto forward and add Gilberto to defensive mid, but noone can claim that any of this would make up for the loss of Ronaldinho.

Same case with Mahdavikia in Iran - although I must say that player types like Teymourian or Navidkia fit better into the right mf position in the diamond midfield, since it is a half-wing position and not a full wing like in a flat midfield. Kia has his very own interpretation of the role, which is also a reason why our mf is not balanced (remmeber it was much more balanced with Teymourian against Costa Rica, because he was playing a real half-right and not a real winger like Kia).

But also there is the possibility to put Karimi on the right (where he mostly played at Bayern) and add Navidkia or Jabbari as playmaker. I think Navidkia in form is a player that quality wise must start, so I think if he's in shape, we have the depth to compensate the loss of one midfielder.

Comment

Not until 1996 and we didn't look like a topteam when we got our asses whipped by South Korea in 2000 and Bahrain in 2001.
                        In 2000 we didn't get whipped by South Korea, It was ALI DAIE's (weird attempt) to clear a ball that did us in, (the horrible line up by the coaches didn't help either),

and in 2001 we were coached by Branko and his father, (Ciro),

Comment

Since some certain people constantly spam this board with anti-Branko stuff and amateur analyises, I will now start spamming this Forum with pro-Branko posts until hopefully everyone realizes having an agenda and aggressively pursuing it by repeatedly posting the same bs over and over is simply not appropriate for a F+ Forum.
                          Ivankovic bravely went his own way and despite heavy pressure from conservative Iranian coaches, journalists and some conservative fans, selected modern players which fit into his philosophy and modern football. He developed a young and tactically disciplined team around a few very important veterans. Not to talk about his role in persuading Hashemian to return and helping to convince Zandi to play for Iran.
                          Beside that, his connections to former Yugoslavian countries seem to have saved our WC preperations - despite organizing friendlies is the manager's job and not the coach's.
                          So thank you brave Branko Ivankovic for your great work and I'm already looking forward to TM's matches in Germany.
                          SPAM.......lol

man koonamo bedaazam biroon to ham bayad bedaazi..??
                          nothing personal though..

Comment

Just as side-issue, Dejagah will not be able to play for Iran's national team ever after playing for Germany's U21. We were lucky in Zandi's case, since FIFA had special rules until December 2004 (the request for Zandi was sent before that date) which was basically made for former Soviet internationals.

Comment

Interesting, but there was a recent case in Austria and the clear reply from FIFA was that it's not possible to switch national team after having played for a youthteam since December 2004.

For German speakers: http://www.diepresse.com/Artikel.asp...t=jf&id=548782

The article says it's not possible, unless FIFA gives a special permission. Maybe since Dejagah's origin is Iranian and he was born in Tehran we might be lucky, but I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X