Iranian psycological handicaps in Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranian psycological handicaps in Football

It is said often by many,that culturaly, Iranians are kind of ,self centered,and arrogant...and the concept of team work is hard for them...and individuality is the name of the game .....

Here are some signs,that may be related to thier psycological beliefs,and its negative impact on the field :

1- ( Running away from fellow team mates,after scoring ) :
    one can say,such attitude,is the norm in Iran, and almost all Iranian players ,after scoring do not allow fellow team mates to congradulate them and often either run toward the coach, or just run away for a while....which indicates ,the scoring player wishes to be singled out,and be paid attention to ,for a while longer, and celebrated and amidred for longer time...and very seldom ,they thank the player who passed the ball to them to score.

2- ( Soft /slow passes to fellow team mates ) :
    The players, tend to pass the ball far too slowly, and reciever player has to wait a little longer to recieve the ball..which seems the passers are not realy interested or mainly concern what the receiver of the ball is going to do with the ball....,( The Ball is no longer in my possesion ).

3- ( far too many chiefs,and too few Indians ) :
    There are far too few defensive players, and far too many midfielders,...which midfielders ,traditionaly are the ones,with the most authorities on the field.

4-( Slow pace ) :
    fast ,hard working ,sacrifizing,%110 dedication,is just not the way for self centered individuals......Iranin players, would only give bigger efforts,if they are in do or die international situations, and other wise, they see thier normal self more than enough for any other circumstances .

5-( disputing the refrees ) :
    The iranian players, far too often dispute and disrespect the refree, as if thier version of the situation is more important than the authority of the refree.

6- ( Hashieh ) :
    Every body,is so opinionated, and considers his opinion to be ground shaking.
    Last edited by zzgloo; 02-25-2010, 11:51 AM.

Interesting points.

1) Is sth I didn't really realize or pay attention to so far. I'll keep an eye on that .

2) Indeed passing is a problem. It's basically inaccuracy, but I also noticed that generally the speed of the passes is too low compared to European football. That partially comes because of the bad surfaces in Iran, but also due to technical shortcomings by the passer and the receiver. It is one of the things slowing our game down.

3) agreed

4) Don't know why you call this slow pace, I'd rather call that arrogance and it's a problem in Iranian football for sure

5) I don't see that as particulary Iranian problem. I rather see inconsistent refereeing and handing out free kicks and penalty kicks too easily as a problem.

6) exactly, especially when it comes down to TM selection. About 50 players think they should be TM regulars and go nuts when not invited and communicate that far too actively.

Comment

1. I agree, I have been watching international football since 1989 and I have to say it used to be like that in old days too. Basically back in the days when football was simple a goal celebration consisted of the scorer running towards the fans and the players trying to catch up with him and tackle him down. This seems to have stayed with Iranians whereas non-Iranians went through a goal celebration evolution from 1994 world cup where we saw some unique ones like Bebeto's famous celebration. We are just playing catch up I think!

2. This is a big problem and the cause is bad football upbringing. When I used to coach younger guys (8-11) I always worked on receiving and releasing. Pace, accuracy and height of the ball is really important and it should be covered in early age, I owe this to doing coaching coarses under English coaches. When I was a kid and used to train in "Tavanir" club in Iran under "Faraki", Iranian coaches seemed to be really interested in ball control and trapping technique rather than receive and release. Former has too much focus on what a player can do when he is stationary but latter focuses more on doing things while moving.

3. "Manam Manam" is the name of the game and us Iranian have managed to create a national sport out of it!

4. Agree, best cases: Karimi vs Germany, Kazemian vs Bayern, Kaebi vs SS, Kia vs Bayern (When he was in Hamburg the same game Karimi got injured).

5. It is a global problem. The issue is we have our best players doing this.. Every time Khalatbari plays for Iran I get nervous because he has shown to lose it in very typical situations that others would just let it go.

6. refer to 3!
      Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
        1- ( Running away from fellow team mates,after scoring ) : one can say,such attitude,is the norm in Iran, and almost all Iranian players ,after scoring do not allow fellow team mates to congradulate them and often either run toward the coach, or just run away for a while....which indicates ,the scoring player wishes to be singled out,and be paid attention to ,for a while longer, and celebrated and amidred for longer time...and very seldom ,they thank the player who passed the ball to them to score.
        in case of nikbakht, i guess the opposite is reality, they run away!
        TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Originally posted by kami_kakashi View Post
          1. I agree, I have been watching international football since 1989 and I have to say it used to be like that in old days too. Basically back in the days when football was simple a goal celebration consisted of the scorer running towards the fans and the players trying to catch up with him and tackle him down. This seems to have stayed with Iranians whereas non-Iranians went through a goal celebration evolution from 1994 world cup where we saw some unique ones like Bebeto's famous celebration. We are just playing catch up I think!

2. This is a big problem and the cause is bad football upbringing. When I used to coach younger guys (8-11) I always worked on receiving and releasing. Pace, accuracy and height of the ball is really important and it should be covered in early age, I owe this to doing coaching coarses under English coaches. When I was a kid and used to train in "Tavanir" club in Iran under "Faraki", Iranian coaches seemed to be really interested in ball control and trapping technique rather than receive and release. Former has too much focus on what a player can do when he is stationary but latter focuses more on doing things while moving.

3. "Manam Manam" is the name of the game and us Iranian have managed to create a national sport out of it!

4. Agree, best cases: Karimi vs Germany, Kazemian vs Bayern, Kaebi vs SS, Kia vs Bayern (When he was in Hamburg the same game Karimi got injured).

5. It is a global problem. The issue is we have our best players doing this.. Every time Khalatbari plays for Iran I get nervous because he has shown to lose it in very typical situations that others would just let it go.

6. refer to 3!
          The player who passes the ball....must infact facilitate the reciever...and also given a signal as the what to do.........
          the pass must be fast, and towrd the direction the reciever is best to run toward.....
          Our players,( mostly ) just pass to get rid of the resposibilty...and most often, they pass the ball to a player who is in no better position than the passer is ...and may actualy put the reciever in danger of losing the ball.....

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
            Interesting points.

1) Is sth I didn't really realize or pay attention to so far. I'll keep an eye on that .

Please,pay attention to how hard they work,to evade and run away with big cost,some time,to be left alone.

Comment

Well.....

Would someone would be kind enough to explain the success of the Iranian basketball teams , volleyball teams and even handball (relative success)

These Iranian players work for the team in those sports which refutes most if not all the theories aforementioned,

sigpic

Comment

And Yes...... In my experience , I have found that Iranians can become quite arrogant ( if that is the appropriate wording) the moment they acquire even basic knowledge of a subject or skills in a profession. They do hype themselves to standards way above what they really are. Professional footballers in Iran are classic examples.

How common that phenomena is wide spread is difficult to say.

An interesting TV show where the presenter went down the streets of Tehran about a year ago (just before Nowrooz) , asking the people some simple questions. It was a good eye opener about the subject matter although rather embarrassing at the same time. Apparently Iranians are NOT well verse in Islam (Not surprising to me ...) despite the religious culture and government
                Last edited by maij; 03-02-2010, 04:27 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X