No announcement yet.

"The old player takes the young player's spot"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's completely made up, like the "Mobali kicked Daei and therefore never made it in TM" theory. It's not that I didn't talk to Ivankovic's assistant about this issue too. There was no reason to lie, as he also didn't lie on other delicate issues. Branko trusted in Daei's skills, leadership and professionalism and valued him as a fixed point in his squad. That's all. A different coach might have thought differently on Daei and decided differently, so why shouldn't you and me disagree?

Anyway, this is not the matter of this thread, so ba ejaze let's end this side issue now.

Comment

No, it's not. In football, neither players nor coaches will ever, especially during their playing careers, come out and sabotage their careers by giving the whole truth. People can only know the truth by the situations and what happened. They deal with it "professionally". Remember how Daei said he had a bad back and that's why he missed the 2nd match - yet we all know he was in tears and wanted to play?

Two foreign examples: people knew Xabi Alonso wanted to leave because the summer before Rafa Benitez wanted Barry and people knew Keane was Parry's buy because Rafa sold Keane ASAP and Parry left not soon after.

And in this case, well...I've already explained the bleeding obvious. If we were talking about a player around 33 who still moved, still scored (didn't rely solely on penalties) and was in general a positive, sure. There is an area of grey. Daei has no area of Grey. He was useless, he was slow, he was far too old. I didn't think much of Branko's coaching but he surely wasn't blind. Again, I point you to d) and e) .
      Last edited by kaz; 03-10-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Martin Jan, are you publicly interviewing me or what lol...

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        Just out of interest, how much would you rate the quality difference between Karimi and Zanidpour currently. I mean if Karimi's quality is 100%, how high would you rate Zanidpour?
        if Karimi 100%
        than Zandipour to me still below 30%

---> missing 1.5 year Bundesliga experience and 10 yrs TM of Karimi...
        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
          Martin Jan, are you publicly interviewing me or what lol...
          if Karimi 100%
          than Zandipour to me still below 30%
          ---> missing 1.5 year Bundesliga experience and 10 yrs TM of Karimi...
          Wow, you mean Karimi is 100% and Zanidpour is 30%??

What's a Siavash Akbarpour then? 5%?

30% of Karimi is a 10-year-old in my opinion lol. I mean the differences are not that big.

That means if you had the choice between either playing 10 players and Karimi or 10 players plus 3 Zanidpours, you still wouldn't take the 13-men-team? That doesn't really make sense, that Karimi is worth more than 3 Zanidpours .
          Last edited by Martin-Reza; 03-11-2010, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
            Wow, you mean Karimi is 100% and Zanidpour is 30%??

What's a Siavash Akbarpour then? 5%?

30% of Karimi is a 10-year-old in my opinion lol. I mean the differences are not that big.

That means if you had the choice between either playing 10 players and Karimi or 10 players plus 3 Zanidpours, you still wouldn't take the 13-men-team? That doesn't really make sense, that Karimi is worth more than 3 Zanidpours .

it does very well... and that is exactly where our oppinions differ from eachother.

for me Karimi has an "intangible asset" which is simply = EXPERIENCE 1.5 in Bundesliga and 10 yrs in TM!!!

You dont see that in his technique, its all in his brain!

thats is where I am (moustachingly) coming from.
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Working...
            X