Is Uzbekistan the next Bahrain ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Uzbekistan the next Bahrain ?

Saudi Arabia....took the 4th rank of the Asian teams long time ago,behind japan,South Korea and Japan.....
    We later noticed the Bahrainis were contantly improving....and did infact played better than TM,in recent WCQ games.......
    And ..what is with Uzbakistan ?
    Ryvaldo, Scolari....and many more high price legioners ?, unlike Iranian league that only employs cheap foriegn players......
    It may not be an exaduration to see Bunyadkar spending around 15 to 20 million Dollars a year,only on hired players and Coaches.......
    And such policies,are aimed at something.......and thier plans for future in asian Football.

Bahrain is on the decline again, thank God, they play ugly unfair football.

Uzbekistan is a team I always valued. I am not sure if their national team is on the rise, but we'll see.

But I think the way Uzbekistan is going is more the Qatari way. Bahraini club owners never invested money in foreign big names.

Comment

all teams in Asia apart from South Korea, Japan and Saudi Arabia are inconsistent.

South Korea (will be making 7 time straight participation at the world cup)
      Japan (will be making 4 time straight participation at the world cup)
      Saudi Arabia (had made 4 time straight participation at the world cup 1994-2006).

Other teams are all up and down, Australia a fantastic 2006 World Cup but then struggled at both 2007 Asia Cup and 2010 World Cup Qualification and 2011 Asia Cup qualification, but still managed to qualify for both tournaments. Bahrain(4th place in 2004 Asia Cup & did well at 2010 World Cup Qualification but hey lost to New Zealand!), then there are other teams like our Team Melli, China, North Korea all strong teams but inconsistent. Then some other teams like Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Syria and Jordan, play very unpredictable football. UAE and Qatar can also be in the same category as all those unpredictable teams.

Uzbekistan is a strange team, (their 1994 team that won Asian Games was a very strong team and had star players like Shkvyrin and Kasymov), their current team is also full of super-stars such as Shakhtikh, Geynrikh, Jeperov, Kapatze and Tajiev. But hey didn't do much at 2007 asia cup or 2010 World Cup qualifications. Their league though is quite impressive and seems they do spend lots and lots of money on their football. Uzbek teams usually reach quarter-final or semi-finals of AFC Champions League, but again couldn't reach the finals! So in conclusion, I guess Uzbekistan is also an unpredictable team like all others I mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        Bahrain is on the decline again, thank God, they play ugly unfair football.

Uzbekistan is a team I always valued. I am not sure if their national team is on the rise, but we'll see.

But I think the way Uzbekistan is going is more the Qatari way. Bahraini club owners never invested money in foreign big names.
        The Kind of money Uzbakistan is spending, could not be accidental...They got to have some larger long term plans.....
        I remember USA started with such plans......which followed by larger league..and domestic players were encouraged and multiplyed......

And regarding Bahrain....I can not believe, after dominating new Zeland in New Zeland, and getting unlucky and come back with tie,.they lost at home,or did they tie with goals, I do not remember ......exactly what happened to them against Trinidad Tobago.......
        But, They how ever played well against Japan,and thier Asian group....
        May be ,Uzbakistan plan is a wiser one....which is trying to build a league..as Bahrain's style is to invest in few players.
        Last edited by zzgloo; 03-27-2010, 08:09 PM.

Comment

^ But don't forget Bahrain's luck against Uzbekistan last time. They never should have qualified for the T&T game anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
            And regarding Bahrain.... I cannot believe, after dominating new Zeland in New Zeland, getting unlucky and coming back with a tie, they lost at home. (Or did they tie with goals, I do not remember.)
            If I recall correctly Bahrain tied New Zealand both away (0-0) and at home (1-1) hence did not qualify on the away goals rule. Maij should know for sure.
            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Working...
            X