Question on Iran-South Korea (AC 1972 Final) Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on Iran-South Korea (AC 1972 Final) Video

Who is the blonde guy in Iran's squad? And who is that #6 raising the Cup?

sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

The blond guy is Hossein Kalani and No 6 is Mostafa Arab

Final of Asian cup 1972 details here
    Last edited by maij; 04-14-2010, 02:42 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Hossein Sar Talaee (Hossein Kalani) was the blonde guy.
      He was a speedy agil forward and very strong in the air. Thats why we called him Hossein Sar Talaee not only because of his hair colour but also because of his headers.

# No. 6 was our captain Mostapha Arab.

PS: IMPORTANT FOR YOUNGSTERS, who don't remember: at that time Maij and myself refused to play for TM because we had disgreements with the Irish Coach O'Farel... otherwise Maij would have picked up the cup and I would have been the SIBIL TALAEE!
      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Thanks for the info folks; I had not seen this video before. For some reason Iran's team in 1972 looked more caucasian than now.
        sigpic

Comment

I do not think the #6 was Arab......

The person in this video who is recieving the Cup, I believe, is : " Jafar Kashani " !

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
            PS: IMPORTANT FOR YOUNGSTERS, who don't remember: at that time Maij and myself refused to play for TM because we had disgreements with the Irish Coach O'Farel... otherwise Maij would have picked up the cup and I would have been the SIBIL TALAEE!

I could not carry the Cup because the coach told me that I am clumsy and I might drop it from height on Sar talaee !!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
              I do not think the #6 was Arab......

The person in this video who is recieving the Cup, I believe, is : " Jafar Kashani " !

Bahram Agha , Kashani was not even in the team at the time. Arab was the Captain.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                Bahram Agha , Kashani was not even in the team at the time. Arab was the Captain.
                You are probably right...although,jafar Kashani was the captain of TM also ,right after Arab.

Comment

So any of these guys from the '72 squad still around? Did some of them leave Iran after the revolution? Any football activites later? (I know of Hejazi who stayed in Iran, but that's about it.)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                    You are probably right...although,jafar Kashani was the captain of TM also ,right after Arab.
                    as far as I recall Kashani was PP captain.
                    After Mostapha Arab, Parviz Ghilichkhaani was our captain, and after him Ali Parvin...

maybe Kashani was also on some calls captain....

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                    So any of these guys from the '72 squad still around? Did some of them leave Iran after the revolution? Any football activites later? (I know of Hejazi who stayed in Iran, but that's about it.)
                    you forgot ALI PARVIN from AC 72 squad who is in Iran!!!

most of them are in Iran I believe... Hossein Sar Talaee lived for a while in USA and became an architect (another proof that our footballers were highly educated back then... heJazi carried a Phd in English studies etc etc...).

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Nasser HEJAZI - In Iran unfortunately under medication for serious illness.
                      Mostafa ARAB - In USA , profession Doctor
                      Ebrahim ASHTIANI - In Iran , away from football
                      Akbar KARGARJAM - In Iran , still associated with Esteghlal.
                      Majeed HALVAEI - Outside Iran , had a correspondence from him daughter not a long time ago.
                      Javad GHURAB - In Iran
                      Parviz GHLEECHKHANI - In France , a political activist
                      Ali JABBARI - In Iran , associated with Esteghlal.
                      Homayoun BEHZADI - In Iran . part of Perspolis organization management
                      Hossein KALANI - Between Iran and USA , an Architect
                      Gholamhossein MAZLOOMI - In Iran , Manager of Esteghlal Team.
                      Last edited by maij; 04-16-2010, 07:53 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maij View Post
                        Nasser HEJAZI - In Iran unfortunately under medication for serious illness.
                        Mostafa ARAB - In USA , profession Doctor
                        Ebrahim ASHTIANI - In Iran , away from football
                        Akbar KARGARJAM - In Iran , still associated with Esteghlal.
                        Majeed HALVAEI - Outside Iran , had a correspondence from him daughter not a long time ago.
                        Javad GHURAB - In Iran
                        Parviz GHLEECHKHANI - In France , a political activist
                        Ali JABBARI - I believe in Iran , but not sure
                        Homayoun BEHZADI - In Iran . part of Perspolis organization management
                        Hossein KALANI - Between Iran and USA , an Architect
                        Gholamhossein MAZLOOMI - In Iran , Manager of Esteghlal Team.

Baba chera Ali Parvin hey yadetoon mireh...?

ok I contribute it myself:

Ali Parvin - In Iran - makes gholdori here and there

Comment

Good thread folks! thanks for the video and all the rest ..

Good old days!! ...

Comment

Working...
                          X