Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC Champions League schedule/format - questionable!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC Champions League schedule/format - questionable!

I don't understand the schedule and the format that AFC has devised for the Champions League. It is very disfunctional!

The round of 16 is a single knock out game format and is held in mid May. The last 8 battle it out 4 months later in a home and away format.
    The semis are held a month later and by the time we are in final it is November.

This schedule has no continuity ... teams change over the summer and by the time they appear for the next round the whole competition has lost its composition and momentum.

This got to change!

What do you think?

welcome to AFC, which part of AFC is correct that you expect this part of it be correct!!!

AFC=Arab football confederation
    IRI = FAILED

Comment

Answer: world cup 2010
      I'm nt defending AFC by any means as they have a million faults and shortcomings, but world cup's presence causes distortion of all scheduling in world football. much like a black hole causing distortion of light.

Comment

I don't think the answer is World cup, because then the same dysfunctional rule as the AFC's should apply to that of other continents as well!

AFC has over and over proven its incompetence in so many levels!

Comment

Originally posted by dvader6 View Post
          Answer: world cup 2010
          I'm nt defending AFC by any means as they have a million faults and shortcomings, but world cup's presence causes distortion of all scheduling in world football. much like a black hole causing distortion of light.
          they have been doing this even the previous years where they play the last 8 4 months later bro.
          The fact is that as PE mentioned above, AFC has always made unusual decision and different and what I call unprofessional decisions regarding the ACL in particular in the past 10 years...consistent change in format and unusual rules are simply an AFC norm.
          sigpic
          Salute to anyone who stands against these barbaric, inhumane and irrational laws of ANY religion.

Comment

agha joon, which part of AFC works well, to expect them to get their scheduling right anyway?
            ajab chizhayee entezaar darin shomahaaaaaa!!!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I agree with Maij here.
                This format has been accepted by all the AFC members where they could've disapproved it.
                Plus in Asia it's not like Europe where all the leagues start at almost same time and end same.
                Just look at the Oriental countries's league schedules and compare it to Iran and Persian Gulf countries.
                sigpic
                WE NEVER FORGET

Comment

Working...
                X