hahahaha ... the brits get a taste of their own med

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahahaha ... the brits get a taste of their own med

the brits benefited from a wrong call back in '66 and karma has a way of finding you somewhere down the line and screwing you up in the arse.

secondly, among those most vociferous against the use of video tech to correct the ever increasing wrong calls and wrong decisions by the refs, are the brits who want to cling onto their f**king tradition.
    well, shove this one up your traditions' arse. hahahaha

but seriously, football desperately needs some introduction of video tech to correct so many unfair calls and mistakes by its refs.
    at least the goal-line & perhaps some offside calls.

What i am thinking about is they have now employed a 4th official on the pitch...instead of goal line video technology.

So what is the task of this 4th official? watch the ball go over the goal line?

or may be he was not watching the ball? may be his cousin is German?

or may be he was watching some girl in the crowd?

You know what is funny?..the Ref didn't even stop to consult with linesmen and 4th official when he should done so...

Comment

Bye the way...I am not sure what the duties of the 4th official is (manage the coach area?)but i thought the Center ref can consult with him in case there is a questionable issue?
      Last edited by leviathan; 06-27-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Disagreed.

The English have experienced a much greater volume of misfortunes than good fortune.

Our good friend Sepp will have to take responsibility for England's loss today. I'm glad he was there to see it in person too. The top professional sports in the world have all invested in video reply technology - shame on Fifa, and shame on Blatter. "Fair Play" indeed...
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

England was raped, there is no friggn way they lost because of the ref.
          And Lev jan, the 4th official is there only for Subs, announcing the amount of additional minutes and minding Coaches' and others who are sitting on the bench's actions.

Comment

Add this to the hand of God 1986 incident for England.

Btw. Dr Doom I think the way things look set now, Brazil will be up against Netherlands for the 1/4 finals!
            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Not to use quick video replays at least on ball crossing Goal line questions is pathetic.

If they don't want to interrupt the game too often to check a video for

offside goals, using hand to stop a goal, using a hand to score a goal...etc..etc.

At least the can check a video to see if it crossed the goal line.

FIFA and who ever doe not support video technology IS STUPID and outdated.

Kheili Ahmaghand.

Comment

Originally posted by leviathan View Post
                Not to use quick video replays at least on ball crossing Goal line questions is pathetic.

If they don't want to interrupt the game too often to check a video for

offside goals, using hand to stop a goal, using a hand to score a goal...etc..etc.

At least the can check a video to see if it crossed the goal line.

FIFA and who ever doe not support video technology IS STUPID and outdated.

Kheili Ahmaghand.
                Germans introduced a ball geared with a chip which triggers everytime it crosses the goal line and beeps so the ref is informed of the ball crossing the line a couple of years ago, But FIFA didnt accept it although germans use the technology in Bundesliga.

Comment

How the Ref missed the ball passing the goal line is beyond me, we're not talking about just a few inches, we're talking about about 1 foot passed the goal line, and not just one ground hit but the ball hit the ground inside the goal twice, how pathetic is that? As far as I can remember this WC has so far had the worst referring decisions ever, some horrible and unfair calls which changed the fate of some teams.

The game that is still played right now between Argentina and Mexico, Argentina's first goal was clearly offside, I mean Tevez was like in offside position by 3-4 feet, how a linesman and a decent referee would miss that? very bizarre.

I believe today's both matches could have ended up in a different scoreline, had the refs not screwed up on those 2 calls. Don't get me wrong both Germany and Argentina were the better side, but certainly those wrong calls affected rhythm of the matches!

Time for FIFA and Mr. Blatter to re-consider their refereeing systems, Video technology and replays will be wise improvement!

Comment

I'm very happy to see yet another ref mistake on the same day, that forces the need for video technology.

enough with your crappy excuse of "tradition" or "the game's attraction are the mistakes".
                    No.
                    it's not attractive at all.
                    you dont work your arse off for 4 years and kill urself through qualification and group stage(s) to finally be undone just becoz a bunch of old, decrepit dinosaurs in fifa are scared to leave 1950's behind and enter the 21st century

you want to err, you better err on the side of fairness

Comment

You see it just makes the sport look stupid, 300 million ppl watching a World Cup game know the ball has crossed the line or the goal is offside, players know it, spectators in the stadium know it, the coaches know the refs know it but everyone should play dumb like NONE HAS ANY FCKN IDEA!

Comment

i think the answer is not video replays...but microchips....

video replays wont work, I agree with Fifa.

but with today's technology, they can easily implement microchip technology to check if the ball has crossed the goal line or not...and the decision is immediate that way....

when it comes to replays, there is a chance that the replay isnt there / is not clear / its 50-50 etc etc etc and is very controversial

when you cant trust your eyes..trust technology

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          the brits benefited from a wrong call back in '66 and karma has a way of finding you somewhere down the line and screwing you up in the arse.

secondly, among those most vociferous against the use of video tech to correct the ever increasing wrong calls and wrong decisions by the refs, are the brits who want to cling onto their f**king tradition.
                          well, shove this one up your traditions' arse. hahahaha

but seriously, football desperately needs some introduction of video tech to correct so many unfair calls and mistakes by its refs.
                          at least the goal-line & perhaps some offside calls.
                          lol, very true... karma is indeed a B!@*

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                          به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

micro chip is not as easy as you think. Becasue its the whole ball that has go beyond the whole goal line
                            ----1990 TM, You will always have a special place in our hearts
                            Goalie-----------abedzadeh----------
                            Defense----hassanzadeh-----zarincheh-------moharami----
                            midfield---namjoo motlagh---shahrokh bayani---cyrus ghayeghran---eftekhari---Abtahi
                            forward-----pius-----marfavi-----

"Iranians are fiercely nationalistic", Michael Rubin, an Iran expert at the American Enterprise Institute
                            Sports doesn't build character. It reveals it - Legendary UCLA coach, John R Wooden

Comment

They should put a GPS in the ball and track its coordinates from NASA.

Comment

Working...
                              X