No announcement yet.

World Cup chances for Iranian players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 04-24-2006, 11:26 AM.

Comment

yashar thanks for the explanation. i still disagree in terms of jabbari's chances better/worse than navidkia's, but we'll see how it plays out.

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
      it is indeed a very curious thing to see many pick madanchi , who has done but a fraction of what mani'ee has done, the whole season.

is it the two goals against the mighty, indomitable taiwan?

is that his merit over one of the league's best players, mani'ee, who has shown consistency, form, precision ?

apart from a handful of games that madanchi played well, what else does he have to count over mani'ee?

anyone?

then by that argument enayati should be starting each and every game, and he should have been starting all these past years that he's done well in IPL. but we've seen that TM and IPL is a completely different story. so yes, i'd take someone who has shown ability to play with the team, to create, to score, and to assist on the TM level (regardless of opponent) over someone who is simply a good player in the IPL.

of course, this doesn't mean i'd stick to ma'danchi like glue, but if he continues showing the prowess and ability to play with the team that he showed against taiwan, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by sabziabzi
        yashar thanks for the explanation. i still disagree in terms of jabbari's chances better/worse than navidkia's, but we'll see how it plays out.
        ur welcome aziz, inshalla watever hapens, and whoever branko chooses and plays, is wats best for TM, cos ultimately, thats wat we all are here for
        Originally posted by siavasharian
        ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
        بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by princeofpersia1
          It's a joke if Mobali isn't picked.
          He is amazing , honestly i would rather take Mobali than anyother sub..!
          If any Iranian in this world of ours has the potential to be great its him
          I absolutely agree. Mobali is so talented, so smooth with the ball. I don't understand what Branko has against him. I truy hope he makes it.

Comment

Originally posted by sabziabzi
            then by that argument enayati should be starting each and every game, and he should have been starting all these past years that he's done well in IPL. but we've seen that TM and IPL is a completely different story. so yes, i'd take someone who has shown ability to play with the team, to create, to score, and to assist on the TM level (regardless of opponent) over someone who is simply a good player in the IPL.

of course, this doesn't mean i'd stick to ma'danchi like glue, but if he continues showing the prowess and ability to play with the team that he showed against taiwan, why not?
            I don't agree sabzi jan. Madanchi hasn't proven anything yet. Scoring against Taiwan doesn't mean much if you'd ask me.
            That one game against such a team (if you can even call that a team) isn't enough indication that he should have the upperhand over someone who's been consistently performing well this season.

If I'm not mistaking, Manei has also been assisting in TM, and against a much tougher opponent (against Japan if I'm not mistaking...an anyone confirm?).

For me a player performing greatly a whole season is much more worthy than a player who hasn't performed well this season but have scored goals against Taiwan, a team that wouldn't even survive in San Marino's 5th division
            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin(persian thug)
              I don't agree sabzi jan. Madanchi hasn't proven anything yet. Scoring against Taiwan doesn't mean much if you'd ask me.
              That one game against such a team (if you can even call that a team) isn't enough indication that he should have the upperhand over someone who's been consistently performing well this season.
              If I'm not mistaking, Manei has also been assisting in TM, and against a much tougher opponent (against Japan if I'm not mistaking...an anyone confirm?).
              For me a player performing greatly a whole season is much more worthy than a player who hasn't performing well this season but have scored goals against Taiwan, a team that wouldn't even survive in San Marino's 5th division
              yes, it was the return leg against japan, where we lost 2-1. daei hit the cross bar once from a long curved shot and scored iran's only goal from a penalty won by himself while receiving a cross by maneei.
              so yes, maneii "assisted" the penalty.
              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

^^^ Thanx for confirming it yashar jan.
                Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

^^^ Thanx for confirming it yashar jan.
                  anytime dadash!
                  ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

For me a player performing greatly a whole season is much more worthy than a player who hasn't performed well this season but have scored goals against Taiwan, a team that wouldn't even survive in San Marino's 5th division
                    loooool @ san marino

you brought up some great points, thanks.

i guess i was just really impressed that ma'danchi was able to fit in and play so well in only his 5th TM match (check me on that). again, i know it's against a weak team but still the TM level seems to be problematic for many others.

whoever gets chosen in the end, may it be the best for TM, as yashar jaan said.

Comment

thank you amin jan, for clarifying the issue of merit.

if mani'ee also was given the chance against taiwan, I'm sure he'd have done as well, if not better.

you see, some of us see only one part of the truth, and think that is the whole truth !

in a fair world, for a position, all the potential players will and shd get equal chances to prove themselves. only then we can say x is better than y.

but under branko, and becoz of his hypocritic behavior, x gets repeated chances even when he fails in most of them, while y gets a few minutes, and ppl expect him to do a maradona !!

if our benchmark is taiwan, then by god, we are already RUINED !

baba ... our second division mes-kerman is better than taiwan.
                      what's this irrational standardization?

Comment

Doctor Doom e aziz...did you see the news today about dadkan ?
                        The Tarbiat badani,is fireing 6 ( or changeing ) of the head of federations, including ***HTI and Football......ofcourse, they will wait till after WC,and they said that dadkan has even asked for it....and the plan of tarbiat badani is to find new direction !!( it is on hamshahri sport section )
                        Your wishes may be comeing true !!! ( in this case mine too )although little too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                          if mani'ee also was given the chance against taiwan, I'm sure he'd have done as well, if not better.
                          you can't predict who would have done what, i'm sorry this statement is pretty ridiculous.

you see, some of us see only one part of the truth, and think that is the whole truth !
                          relax

in a fair world, for a position, all the potential players will and shd get equal chances to prove themselves. only then we can say x is better than y.
                          but under branko, and becoz of his hypocritic behavior, x gets repeated chances even when he fails in most of them, while y gets a few minutes, and ppl expect him to do a maradona !!
                          so you switch x for y, y for z, z for h, h for j, and what you end up with is a lot of people whose confidence is shattered and who didn't get a chance to mold with the team nor get past a bad day or two.

if our benchmark is taiwan, then by god, we are already RUINED ! baba ... our second division mes-kerman is better than taiwan.
                          what's this irrational standardization?
                          reread what i wrote. i didn't say that the benchmark is taiwain. i don't care who is playing against us, my concern is TM and who can mold with the team and play as a part of the team and be creative etc etc. and given that it was ma'danchi's 5th appearance for TM ever and first in a while, i was impressed that he was able to help out at a level that some of our other players weren't able to do.

Comment

We will need Mobali in the roster. Personally I would also give Maniei a chance in the next couple of friendlies and watch how he'll perform.
                            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia
                              here's my opinion on wat branko's list will look like, NOT wat i would like it to be: (how many is he inviting? im assuming 30 and he will strike off 7 from this list)
                              GKs
                              1)mirzapoor --> Starter
                              2)talebloo --> Most probable sub
                              3)Roudbarian --> Low probable sub
                              4)Vaezi --> Striked off
                              Defenders
                              5)kaabi --> Starter
                              6)yahya --> Starter
                              7)rahman rezai --> Starter
                              8)zare --> Starter
                              9)nosrati --> Most Probable sub
                              10)bakhtiarizadeh/ansarian/bagheri --> striked off
                              11)sadeghi/sheys/ amirabadi/ jalal akbari/ shirzad --> low probable sub
                              12)alavi --> Most probable sub
                              Midfielders
                              13)kia --> Starter
                              14)karimi --> Starter
                              15)zandi --> Starter
                              16)nekounam --> Starter
                              17)teymourian --> Most probable sub
                              18)jabbari --> Low chance sub
                              19)navidkia --> Most probable sub
                              20)nikbakht --> most probable sub
                              21)manei --> striked off
                              22)kazemiyan --> Low chance sub
                              23)kazemi --> striked off
                              24)madanchi --> striked off
                              25)rajabzadeh/mobali --> striked off
                              Forwards
                              26)Daei --> Starter
                              27)Hashemian --> Starter
                              28)Borhani --> Most probable sub
                              29)Akbarpour/khatibi --> striked off
                              30)enayati --> Low chance sub
                              For a better view, my prediciton looks like this:
                              FIXED
                              mirzapour,kaabi,yahya,rezai,zare,nekounam,zandi,ki a,karimi,daei,hashemian
                              FIRST CHOICE SUBS
                              talebloo,teymourian,navidkia,nosrati,borhani,alavi ,nikbakht
                              MAYBE SUBS
                              Jabbari,kazemiyan
                              LOW CHANCE SUBS
                              roudbarian,enayati, (sadeghi/sheys/ amirabadi/ jalal akbari/ shirzad )
                              STRIKED OFF
                              vaezi,kazemi,madanchi,maneei,(mobali/rajabzadeh),(akbarpour/khatibi),(bakhtiarizadeh/ansarian/bagheri)
                              28 out of 30 were right, (except for kazemi and alavi although they are in the waiting list) thankyou , be ghole mansour khan" i brought up this thread to show off"
                              ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia
                                28 out of 30 were right, (except for kazemi and alavi although they are in the waiting list) thankyou , be ghole mansour khan" i brought up this thread to show off"
                                Now we know where Branko gets his order.

You will cross Daei off or I will make an offer you can't refuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X