World Cup chances for Iranian players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdy
    Shakouri might be dropped,but i like his style. I think He is one of our CB who can defeat World strikers.He has ability of good Jump(HIGH and Solid),and Good long feed passes...Can Kaabi,Nosrati,and Zare jump higher than Daei?
    Very impressive, to be honest I don't know the guy much, he might be our missing link in defence.

Comment

if he plays well, most probably he wont get selected.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
        if he plays well, most probably he wont get selected.
        No, because the whole coaching Staff is stupid and only Dr Doom is clever.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza
          No, because the whole coaching Staff is stupid and only Dr Doom is clever.

... which is more than what we can say for some ppl.

======================

so the "correct" attitude is :
          hamin-im ke hastim !!
          dont ask for more.
          dont ask for a change.
          dont ask for progress.
          dont ask .... !

x fails and fails.
          we shdnt say anything.
          just becoz some fellow chose him 3 years back.

great.
          what a way to progress !!

I'm sure ford didnt have such enlightened intellectuals to straighten him, when he decided to take that cycle in, and come out with a car !

ppl shd have reminded him of "hamin-e ke hast" !
          we decided cycle is the thing, so there shdnt be any change.
          for years we have decided cycle is the best thing that happened to travel, so that's it.
          it is foolish to come up with anything BUT a cycle !

viva branko and his ( intellectual and progressive ) gang!
          Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 04-26-2006, 07:48 PM.

Comment

They didn't fail at all, you fail to understand some certain football basics.

Comment

Dr Doom jan, i understand ur a doctor and an educated citizen who can contribute a lot to society, and thats a pleasure for all iranians, but u should know that ur field of expertise is medicine, not football.
              now that doesnt mean u dont know anything in football, it simply means u havent got ur hands dirty in football to know a large portion of it which comes through experience, not only through a player but also through coaching. Clearly, neither u, nor anyone here has had this experience, but branko has. While wat u,me, or most PFDC members say here is mostly theoretical, wat branko or most coaches do are practical. thats a difference, and im sure, if u were to choose one, u would suggest praticality over theory unless u wanna become another karl marx!

the only reason, martin reza and some other branko supporters come up with reasons is because we try to read branko's mind and see the reason behind his decisions and come up with a possible explanation (atleast thats wat i do). if he does something, i try to see some explanations to it. many of u guys might think, im a blind branko supporter and im just coming up with excuses just to back up his decisions but this isnt true. i might not agree with all his decisions, i might not even like some of his decisions, but the only reason i argue for branko is cos i say, maybe this is wat branko is thinking, and if i were to choose between an argument u made or branko made, im sorry to say i would choose his, considering its a debatable topic not a topic where there is only 1 clear answer!
              Originally posted by siavasharian
              ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
              بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

yashar jan,
                is that what YOU say or are you merely repeating what martin has been trying to force ?

which means, do you think football is such an intricate, complicated maze that you need degrees in football-science ( not even general sports, coz that would NOT be the correct specialization ) to understand ?

you really think it takes a masters degree to see 2-3 guys in shorts cant string 3-4 passes together ?

you really think you need a Phd to observe how one side/wing of a team is ineffectual ?

you need a doubkle phd to see a player regularly leaves his spot ( with no-one covering for him ) ?

you need a degree to see x or y is out of form, and cant center the ball continuously with his left foot, when he is right footed and even then, isnt capable of doing it with his right ?

a degree to see a goali is making the same mistakes he used to make 4 years back , despite IFF burning precious money on not one, but two GK coaches?

a degree to see how incapable, how miserable a team looks even against some poor opposition like qpr ?

really?

if no, then plz tell me what you think it takes to notice these flaws?

if yes, then dont worry. you are not alone. martin also apparently beleives you need a phd to understand football !!

-----------

others may do whatever they want.
                it's a free world.

others may take what branko feeds to ppl, lock, stock and barrell, with no questions asked.
                take his words as gospel and rule of law.

me?
                I'd like to ask questions.
                I'd like to know why some defecst still persist for such a long time, some for years .
                I'd like to know why we have to stick to 1 player for 7-8 games, where he mostly fail;s, and at best does an ok job ... but the coach refuses to try any other player.
                I'd like to ask .... .

I'd like to exercise my mind, and not be spoon fed.
                some may like to be spoon-fed.
                good for them.

I ask questions.
                Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 04-27-2006, 05:21 AM.

Comment

yashar jan,
                  is that what YOU say or are you merely repeating what martin has been trying to force ?

which means, do you think football is such an intricate, complicated maze that you need degrees in football-science ( not even general sports, coz that would NOT be the correct specialization ) to understand ?

you really think it takes a masters degree to see 2-3 guys in shorts cant string 3-4 passes together ?

you really think you need a Phd to observe how one side/wing of a team is ineffectual ?

you need a doubkle phd to see a player regularly leaves his spot ( with no-one covering for him ) ?

you need a degree to see x or y is out of form, and cant center the ball continuously with his left foot, when he is right footed and even then, isnt capable of doing it with his right ?

a degree to see a goali is making the same mistakes he used to make 4 years back , despite IFF burning precious money on not one, but two GK coaches?

a degree to see how incapable, how miserable a team looks even against some poor opposition like qpr ?

really?

if no, then plz tell me what you think it takes to notice these flaws?

if yes, then dont worry. you are not alone. martin also apparently beleives you need a phd to understand football !!

-----------

others may do whatever they want.
                  it's a free world.

others may take what branko feeds to ppl, lock, stock and barrell, with no questions asked.
                  take his words as gospel and rule of law.

me?
                  I'd like to ask questions.
                  I'd like to know why some defecst still persist for such a long time, some for years .
                  I'd like to know why we have to stick to 1 player for 7-8 games, where he mostly fail;s, and at best does an ok job ... but the coach refuses to try any other player.
                  I'd like to ask .... .

I'd like to exercise my mind, and not be spoon fed.
                  some may like to be spoon-fed.
                  good for them.

I ask questions.
                  no, this is my opinion. i have no relations with martin reza and i will get no benefits if i repeat his words either. but many people here look at him as if he is some worshipper of branko or something that anything he says is automatically considered pro-branko and hence, should be opposed. and thats why if anyone else shares the same opinion he does, its considered weird, strage, or some kinda secret connection between martin and him. why is it so hard for some people to understand that martin too has a view point, shared by many, including me, and we might differ in many other perspectives as well!

anywayz, no, masters and phd is not everything, thats exactly wat i was saying, its wat u call "getting ur hands dirty". u and me, as theoreticians can sit and ask, why has our left flank been weak inspite of 5 years with branko? theoretically, everything seems to be in our favour, but wat we dont realize is that we tend to overlook so many other factors which affect the situation in reality that if all those factors were taken into consideration, "kafeye tarazoo dige be tarafe ma nemibud". for example, one possible reason our left flank is weak is cos most IPL clubs play 3 defender system but TM plays 4. so obviously, there are very few players who can play as an LB in TM. kaabi was an exception, and eventhough he has his weak points in RB, he can cover them up with his exceptionally good plus points. but we dont have a kaabi for the left side. Now let me ask u this, why dont u ever applaud branko for developing such a strong right flank? u sit and criticise branko for playing zare and nosrati for LB, did u ever appluad branko for playing kaabi as RB eventhough kaabi was never an RB. branko did a real gutsy move by changing our formation to a modern 4 defender system while nobody in iran even knew how to arrange 4 defenders infront of a GK! now with taht limited options, he had to find a player suitable for it. kaabi turned out a success, nosrati a failure! but for some reason, many grunt at nosrati but never smile at kaabi! its true that iran has a lot of talent, but like i said, talent isnt the only thing reuqired in a player. and with a problem like ours, we need a player with some basic football understanding, some versatility, some intelligence to be able to play in a post in TM different from that in his club! zare might not be the best player in TM, but for sure, he has shown time and again he can play really well in LB position.

getting back to ur phd questions, i was saying, there a dozen of factors why problems exist in TM. like i said, difference in TM formation and clubs formation is one of them. Another reason could be because branko gets to train his players wat, 3 or 4 months a year, that too all at different intervals, not even during a continuous phase unlike clubs who get to train with their coaches 5 or 6 days a week throughout the year! and again, considering IFF lack of discipline, budgeting, and our political unstable situation and unfavoured relationships and "axis of evil" situation (evne before ahamdinejad), its not gonna be easy to arrange friendlies with little money and a poor international relationships! with all these limited resources, branko is expected to try out all possible players, practice all of them and make them all ready for international tournaments so that they can replace each other if anything goes wrong, solve TM problems, and much more! wat can i say?

another hting we shouldnt forget, is that our right flank is so good that our moderate left flank looks poor. kia and kaabi are 2 of our best players, so obiouvsly unless we get 2 other players of similar caliber on the left, out left will always seem inferior to our right and our 2 flanks will be unbalanced! the problem is, where do we get another kia and kaabi from?

about passing with each other, who says we cant? we can, and we have proven it, look at iran-koreas game in AC 2004, and then repeat ur quesiton plz! wat ur talking about, in these friendlies where players from all around the world came 2 days before the game and had no time to train with each other and adapt themselves to TM style of play!
                  u who say like to ask questions, why dont u ask urself, how come TM's games always improve as we progress in a tournament? simply because the first few games serve as warm up and pratice mathces for our players to get used to TM's style of play. however, jstu before the worldcup, we are playing a strong croatia side and a decent bosnia side which can help us regain our old form back and we might have training games in our camps as well.

against QPR a strong physical team who have played with each other every year in a season, every week in a game, everyday in training, we sent a short, physically weak, disorganized IPL based B team(compare IPL to english league) who couldnt do much except rely on individual talents and as that game proved, talent alone cant help much! mobali in the midfield couldnt do much except for 1 or 2 good passes simply because of his short height and weak physique! our subs have never played together to be coordinated enough and understand each other well, so obviosuly u cant expect much from our B team!
                  i bet u if we would have played our A side against them, the scoreline could have been reversed and a third division english side would be nothing more than a third divison english side!

and about GK's we had this argument before, guys like talebloo and roudbarian never shone until last year. guys like tabatabaei, fanaei,boroumand, rahmati and mohammadi only appeared during a very short period of time and then disappeared. this rightly proves the fact that the coaching staff were right in not spending valuable time on these goalkeepers! mirzapour however was always the best among them, and deserved to be the number 1 goalie. his kicks have improved and its obvious, and about crosses, decision making reuqires intelligence and experience as well, and personally, i dont think mirzapour is a very intelligent person but he is the best we got. we never had another consistent goalkeepr besides mirzapoor!

u asking quetsions is not bad, but sitting next to the doshak and shouting "lengesh kon" is totally wrong and unfair. until u get ur hands dirty in the coaching world(dont mix it up with having a PhD in football), unless u actually prove ur worth as a coach, forget on an international scale, but just a normal club coach, plz give me the right to choose branko's decision over urs.
                  ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
                  بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

1- on kaabi as RB:
                    did that a loooong time ago. you may nto have been a member or maybe unfamiliar with me.

---------------------

2- nothing of that sort was tried for the left side, though.
                    branko playing zareh ( and before that, nosrati ) was and is very much like trying to force a square pef into a round hole.
                    it's never gonna fit.

I agree not many teams play the flat 4 back system.
                    but if branko is ready to drag a right sided defendre ( or central ) to the left .... then I think the options become higher, and more players can be tried. ( altho' players like sadeghi, heidari, even montazeri have been tried as left backs in their clubs to better results than nosrati/zareh at TM ... meaning we COULD have tried these guys at TM also. who knows, maybe they'd have been the answer )

and if we are compelled to put a right or central defender , why arent we putting a defender who is at least IN FORM and plays better than nosrati or zareh ?

------------------------

3- ( I feel like I'm just repeating things again and again !! )
                    my friend, lets not portray a sad sorry picture for branko, as if he is the ONLY international coach who gets his players for a few weeks at a time and .... !
                    EVERY international coach has the same problem.
                    but the "good" ones who are worthy of praise, get it right even at such a short period.

shd we weep for branko coz he gets his players a few days before friendlies?
                    why?
                    doesnt every international coach ?

IFF is incompetent.
                    very true.
                    but that has NOTHING to do with branko's inability to get it right when he has the players.

money is scarce in many countries who do quite well in football.
                    professionalism is quite inferior and limited in many, yet many of these teams do quite well at international stage.
                    but we have to suddenly excuse branko's incapability ?

AN is exactly that.
                    but again, he has nothing to do with branko's inability to get a team that works together , after 5 years of working with more or less, the same set of players.

shoma ha be har dari mizanid, be har chizi geer midin, ella branko.
                    as if EVERYTHING else is wrong and at fault, BUT branko !!!
                    and then expect ppl to shut up and take it !!!

you guys think branko is "taafteh-ye joda baafteh" ... and is deserving of special cared and attention and handling.
                    baba, if he is a soosool who need sspaecial conditions to work, then we dont want him.
                    he is facing the same crap that many int'l coaches face.
                    dont paint a different picture just to excuse his incompetence.

---------------------

4- QPR:

if you did read my notes on qpr , you see I concentrate on the defense ( meaning gk, defenders and DM ) who were :

mirza
                    kaabi, kameli, yahya, nosrati
                    nekounam

first of all: are these guys short?
                    if no, then you have no case.
                    if yes, then branko has no case, coz it is indeed his fault to persist with such a short defense line , who to add to its short stature, lacks even average ability to defend !!

this fixed line was the major reason we conceded 3 lousy, silly goals.

now, you tell me about this line, and try to excuse branko !!

---------------

5- I agree the subs didnt play well at friendlies, coz they never played together.

.... COZ BRANKO INSISTS ON PLAYING THE MAIN PLAYERS , even against teams like laos, panama, lybia, .... !!!
                    of course the subs and reserves would be so out of touch with therest
                    ( yet, some aghayan expect that sub to make like maradona, in those 30-40 minutes he gets every 4-5 games !!!! go figure ! )

----------------

6- player not shining till ..... (so and so time ).
                    so?
                    the point is to insist who shined 4 years back and ignore the PRESENT in form players?

so shall we bring back abedzadeh?
                    he certainly shined for a much longer time and far brighter than mirza.

how about soltani?

hejazi, maybe?

you seem to ignore/deny the most important factors of all : time-line and form.

would you explain why Lehmann is going to be germany's GK, while Kahn ( who shined far more, longer, brighter, ... ) sits on the bench?

agha, lets stick with logic and rationality here.

I know you really really "want" to excuse branko.
                    but there are limits to excusing ppl's failures, and we shdnt twist sense and logic out of shape .

----------------

6- and till the end , I didnt see any reference as to how we are not supposed to comment on such a basic, simple game of football ( and the rest of phd debate ).

YOU, yourself seem to be commenting on defense, formation, positions, .... .
                    did you get your "worth as a coach" ?

or is it just for ppl who talk about the faults and problems?
                    and those who applaud, clap, praise, cheer, are allowed to say what they want, without others asking for their knowledge of football?

I know everybody would like a "shirrehhh X" or "dam-e Y garm" or .... thread.
                    but some of us would like to talk about the problems, maybe with a slight hope that through such discussions, these problems are high-lighted, and then attended to.

SO WE WOULDNT SUFFER FROM THEM AT THE GAMES !

--------------------

no-1 is taking ur right away.
                    just as no-1 shd take mine away.

I say these things, becoz at this time, I am worried, we'd be making the same mistakes, the same failed experiments, .... at the WC.

and I beleive, if we persist with branko, he WILL make the same decisions and .... !!
                    Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 04-28-2006, 10:02 PM.

Comment

1- on kaabi as RB:
                      did that a loooong time ago. you may nto have been a member or maybe unfamiliar with me.
                      ok, if u did congragualte branko and kaabi for solving the RB problem, thats good because he had to be congragulated anywayz! so u see, branko is trying to solve TM problems. like i said, he tried, badavi, nosrati and now zare, and quite frankly, like i said earlier, zare showed some good performances and his best against korea. Recently, zare has become a bench warmer in his club by his own brother, and branko has openly claimed that the LB competition is between zare,madanchi, nikki! yes, u can add amirabadi,sepehr heydari,soltani,jalal akbari and tens of other names from other teams to that list but keep in mind we got only max 3 places reserved for this post, and ofcourse branko would choose wat ACCORDING TO HIM is best, not u and me!
                      maybe branko prefers a versatile player like nikki or madanchi who can play as a LM if needed or even an attacker incase of emergency, maybe branko prefers someone like nikbakht who has experience with TM, knows TM style, or watever! just because in ur eyes, sepehr heydari is the solution to our LB problem doesnt mean it should also be in his eyes. like i said, if i were to choose between ur decision and his (OVER A DEBATABLE TOPIC), i would choose branko for the simple reason that he is a qualified coahc with experience and ur a qualified surgeon and have no experience in football coaching world.
                      ---------------------
                      2- nothing of that sort was tried for the left side, though.
                      branko playing zareh ( and before that, nosrati ) was and is very much like trying to force a square pef into a round hole.
                      it's never gonna fit.
                      I agree not many teams play the flat 4 back system.
                      but if branko is ready to drag a right sided defendre ( or central ) to the left .... then I think the options become higher, and more players can be tried. ( altho' players like sadeghi, heidari, even montazeri have been tried as left backs in their clubs to better results than nosrati/zareh at TM ... meaning we COULD have tried these guys at TM also. who knows, maybe they'd have been the answer )
                      and if we are compelled to put a right or central defender , why arent we putting a defender who is at least IN FORM and plays better than nosrati or zareh ?
                      doctor jan, do u know better wat qualities a LB require or Branko?
                      i think branko knows better, so branko knows wat to look for in a player that can make him LB. u should remember that branko is our coach, he has a plan, he chooses players based on his style and plans, and just because the players he chooses dont seem apropriate to u or me, doesnt mean he is being wrong or he is trying to fit a square in a hole!
                      why would branko not wanna give a chance to jalal akbari and sepeher heydari? seriously, temme plz, why? does he have some grudge agianst them? does he want to make his life harder by inviting less qualified players for LB position? if u remember, branko started with badavi for LB position, javab nadad, then he tried nosrati, khub javab nadad, then he tried zare, khub javab dad! but now that he is out of form, he has included madanchi and nikbakht as candidates for that position and he has openly said it himself. do u see any fault in this? yes fifty other players could also be tried in this position, but first, we didnt have enough friendlies to try all of them, second, we dont have enough place in our TM roster to invite ten different LB candidates and choose between them! in the same interview which u posted, the long farsi one, the reporter asked him about jalal akbari and branko said he wasnt good enough for me! why is it so hard to believe? When choosing any player, there are many things that are taken into consideration! now jalal akbari maybe on top form, but if he can fulfill the requirements branko has from him, watever it is, so why should branko invite him? he is the head coach, its his right to invite the players he feels can represent his ideas best on the field! just like every other coach! wats wrong about this? why should he choose to invite bagheri or sepehr heydari just because in the eyes of some fans or evne critiques, they have been the best, but in the eyes of branko and many others, they havent?
                      Like i said, u and me can sit and quesiton branko, aghaye branko, 5 sal ba TM budin, gushe chape ma hanuz moshkel dare! chera? very easy to ask this. but to answer it, there are probably ten different reasons and factors which influence this and many of them are out of branko's capabilities like the fact that TM plays 4 back system but most IPL teams dont! wat can branko do about this? he invited the players he felt best are suited for LB position, wat else could he do? zare worked out fine with him (and quite frankly for me and many others, except that his crosses werent the best) so why change an internationally capped player who has the experience of facing worthy opponents, of playing under tension and stress, knows TM style of playing, has coordinated himself with his other 10 team mates, has adapted himself to the LB position in TM, etc with somebody else vaghti bazikon javab mide? now that he has lost his form, branko has considered other candidates and has clearly alarmed zare about his presence in the starting 11! is anything wrong with this? isnt this something all coaches do? and people say he has single handedly killed competition in TM!
                      so to answer ur question, i think, and i think branko also thinks zare has been a good solution for LB. now if u think its not, doesnt really mean it is not, because how u see, i see, branko sees, or anybody else sees isnt the same and this doesnt necessarily mean branko is wrong.
                      like i said, our RB is sooo sensationally good, that our decent left side might look poor compared to it, but wat can be done about it, its a blessing in disguise! and i think its a smart move that since our right flank is so offensive, our left flank should be a more defensive to avoid so much vulnerabilities in our defence! and zare has show good defensive capabilites atleast to branko, me and some others, so, branko doesnt see a necessity to change him unless he is out of form (like now) and he has chosen other candidates for this position! the same way he placed alavi in the reserves list because he is out of form! so why do u persist on saying branko is giving out of form players like zare a chance to play, i dont know!
                      ------------------------
                      3- ( I feel like I'm just repeating things again and again !! )
                      my friend, lets not portray a sad sorry picture for branko, as if he is the ONLY international coach who gets his players for a few weeks at a time and .... !
                      EVERY international coach has the same problem.
                      but the "good" ones who are worthy of praise, get it right even at such a short period.
                      shd we weep for branko coz he gets his players a few days before friendlies?
                      why?
                      doesnt every international coach ?
                      IFF is incompetent.
                      very true.
                      but that has NOTHING to do with branko's inability to get it right when he has the players.
                      money is scarce in many countries who do quite well in football.
                      professionalism is quite inferior and limited in many, yet many of these teams do quite well at international stage.
                      but we have to suddenly excuse branko's incapability ?
                      AN is exactly that.
                      but again, he has nothing to do with branko's inability to get a team that works together , after 5 years of working with more or less, the same set of players.
                      shoma ha be har dari mizanid, be har chizi geer midin, ella branko.
                      as if EVERYTHING else is wrong and at fault, BUT branko !!!
                      and then expect ppl to shut up and take it !!!
                      you guys think branko is "taafteh-ye joda baafteh" ... and is deserving of special cared and attention and handling.
                      baba, if he is a soosool who need sspaecial conditions to work, then we dont want him.
                      he is facing the same crap that many int'l coaches face.
                      dont paint a different picture just to excuse his incompetence.
                      azize man, i have voiced MY OPINION (note that i use the words opinion which means that its wat i think, not wat really is true) against branko whenever i felt needed like for example mobali, but this doesnt necessary mean im right, and no, its not that i blame each and every person on this world except branko! some people were accusing branko of giving a chance to navidkia to play against costa rica where he failed miserably, in my eyes, it was a good thing to do cos it proved the fact that navidkia wasnt on form that time, and required more practice time and branko rightly saw navidkia's weak performance just like u and me and subbed him out although navidkia is one of his fav players! so i have had my share of disagreements with branko, and both me and branko have had our share of mistakes, just like anybody else! so, no, im neither related to branko, nor to IFF or anybody to attach a grenade to myself and say if anybody says anything to branko i will jump on him and sacrifice my life for branko's. all im trying to do is put myself in his shoes, and understand his situation, and try to read his mind, see wat he is thinking, wat he is experiencing under this huge totally biased and in extreme cases corrupt media, this corrupt and mafia-based federation and critiques, this inadequate facilities and unprofessional level of football that exists in our country and specially in clubs (which are the basic building blocks of TM), constant interference from higher authorities, political problems with and sanctions and isolations from rest of the world and many more problems. besides this, branko also has his own problems like tension of nearing the worldcup, many players being injured or out of form, the media constant criticism resulting in the loss of self confidence of his players, livign away from his own loved ones, etc. Now, im not saying, Oh poor branko, he is going under so much hardship, its ok if he screws around with TM for sometime and spoils our chances at the worldcup, all im saying is that, u should look at 2 sides of the coin. when u listen to an argument, listen to both sides of the problem. but the problem is branko dahanesh ghorse! he wont say anything, partly because of his diplomacy, partly because he cant say many things otherwise he will be slaughtered either by fans or the higher authorities! its like taking away the right to voice ur opinion, how women were treated until not so long ago, where they couldnt even say a word even if they were raped! all im saying is, we should try to be more understanding, support our TM (which consists of our coaches and IFF aswell) because they are our representatives on an international scale. if their views dont match urs, doesnt mean u bash them and accuse them for everything and every problem many of which is not their fault! So no, im not pitying branko, im trying to understand him, there is a difference in the 2, just like theres a difference in having a PhD in football/coaching or watever and getting ur hands dirty in the job and actually enterring the world of coaching. dont misunderstand or misinterpret my words.
                      Now yes, every coach faces the same problem of having limited days with his national team, but not every coach is facing the same problems branko is! branko is in a country where its football is in a state of transition from old football to modern football. the clubs mostly play 3 back system, TM plays 4 back system, clubs play with 5 or 6 midfielders, TM plays a diamond midfield, etc. Yes, english media has been harsh of ericson as well, but does ericson face the same problems branko is facing? does erikson have to do with constant interference from higher authorities? does englang have a problem arranging friendlies with other teams? does ericson have the probleme of the clubs not playing the system he plays? do english club have limited facilities and semi pro coaches and resources to teach their playes from an early stage many basic facts of football? does ericson live away from his family? live in a country where he cant even drink legally? does he have a problem with communication and other language barriers? does england have a limited budget?
                      plz man, dont compare branko's problems with other coaches problems. every country,every team has its own problems true, but how many of them khodaeish, how many of them face the problems branko are facing?

continued next post....
                      ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

---------------------
                        4- QPR:
                        if you did read my notes on qpr , you see I concentrate on the defense ( meaning gk, defenders and DM ) who were :
                        mirza
                        kaabi, kameli, yahya, nosrati
                        nekounam
                        first of all: are these guys short?
                        if no, then you have no case.
                        if yes, then branko has no case, coz it is indeed his fault to persist with such a short defense line , who to add to its short stature, lacks even average ability to defend !!
                        this fixed line was the major reason we conceded 3 lousy, silly goals.
                        now, you tell me about this line, and try to excuse branko !!
                        first of all, in ur previous post, all u mentioned was "a degree to see how incapable, how miserable a team looks even against some poor opposition like qpr ?"
                        maybe u did earlier or with somebody else, but not me.
                        ok, so if ur concentrating on defense, first of all, yes, kaabi is very short, yahya is just 180cm(5'11), kameli also 180cm, and nosrati maybe wat 183 cm (6'0).
                        nekounam i believe is 185 or 186 which is (6'1).
                        now compare this to a totally phsyical team like QPR who were all taller than our players. maybe not more than mirza or nekounam but our defense line was clearly shorter than most their players. add to that, the fact that, both kameli and yahya are slow defenders! but how many better defenders were there for branko to choose from? dont temme bagheri because bagheri wasnt even on form that time, jalal hosseini is equally slow and wats worse, he is inexperienced with TM. nosrati played as LB like u said, so temme who should he choose?
                        and remember one thing, when our midfield cant dominate, obviously their midfield will and they will be attacking, so dont just say our defense was weak! our midfield wasnt anything great, and guess wat, it was the same kamzeiyan,mobali, nikbakht who people kept saying branko should use! so obviously they could do all they want!
                        im not excusing branko but ur accusing him wrongly because the same lousy line ur saying, branko has changed now, he striked off kameli, he isnt playing nosrati as LB anymore! so there, branko learnt from his mistakes and implemented the necessity changes! friendlies are for making mistakes and finding out weak points of a team.
                        ---------------
                        5- I agree the subs didnt play well at friendlies, coz they never played together.
                        .... COZ BRANKO INSISTS ON PLAYING THE MAIN PLAYERS , even against teams like laos, panama, lybia, .... !!!
                        of course the subs and reserves would be so out of touch with therest
                        ( yet, some aghayan expect that sub to make like maradona, in those 30-40 minutes he gets every 4-5 games !!!! go figure ! )
                        now i agree with u on this one, branko hasnt given much of a chance to our subs, and yes, i can say IN MY OPINION, branko should have given match practice to other players but then again,
                        1)has his own philosophy.
                        2)makes mistakes cos he too is a human being.
                        the only reason i could see in branko using the main players in our friendlies is cos because we have limited number of friendlies, branko is trying to make our main players as prepared as possible by giving them every possible chance to face internationall opppositiions of different kind. and because not all of these friendlies were in a continuous sequence, it was important for branko to let his main 11 to play with each other to keep them in constant touch with each other(in the sense remain coordinated with each other and not lose the understanding they have with each other). further more, he did try out some subs in each of the games. but no, he never sent 11 new players agianst any team. i think if we really wanna test and even make our subs more coordinated with each other, we should either have one of those long series of friendlies camps like korea did, or we should have sent our substitutes to those qatar and saudi games! atleast they would be more coordinated with each other and have some international experience. but we sent our so called B team which didnt comprise of TM players and hence, our subs remain inexperienced and unorganized!
                        ----------------
                        6- player not shining till ..... (so and so time ).
                        so?
                        the point is to insist who shined 4 years back and ignore the PRESENT in form players?
                        so shall we bring back abedzadeh?
                        he certainly shined for a much longer time and far brighter than mirza.
                        how about soltani?
                        hejazi, maybe?
                        you seem to ignore/deny the most important factors of all : time-line and form.
                        would you explain why Lehmann is going to be germany's GK, while Kahn ( who shined far more, longer, brighter, ... ) sits on the bench?
                        agha, lets stick with logic and rationality here.
                        I know you really really "want" to excuse branko.
                        but there are limits to excusing ppl's failures, and we shdnt twist sense and logic out of shape .
                        its interesting how u ask me to stick to logic and rationality here but this argument is totally irrational!
                        first, plz, u of all ppl, shouldnt compare the kahn-lehman situaiton with mirzapour-talebloo! kahn and lehman are playing on the highest level of international football, every league game they play a week (sometimes even 2) is equal to a friendly iran plays! they are both experienced GK's! but the situaiton is totally different in iran! talebloo is very taleneted true, but he is not at all experienced comapred to mirzapour! talebloo hasnt faced one decent striker from outside IPL! talebloo hasnt faced one strong team with a decent attacking force, talebloo hasnt faced one freekick from ballack or totti, while mirzapour has passed that phase of pissing in his pants while standing against totti's or ballack's freekicks! so plz, dont even compare lehman-kahn with talebloo-mirzapour situation!
                        secondly, i never denied timeline & form. its u who thinks like a computer which is binary, either 0 or 1. if 1 is true, then 0 should be false, else vice versa!
                        first of all, u should know that, the more u, me or anybody else including the media bashes a 24 year old player who arguable plays the most important position in a team- GK, the more this will destroy his self confidence and result in him losing his form! so everybody should stop this mirzaopur bashing, atleats for heavens sake, bash somebody else but not mirzapour of all people!
                        mirzapour played behind a slow, weak defense line while talebloo played behind the best defense line of IPL. obviously this will lay a huge difference between the perfomance of the 2, both statistically and psychologically. when a GK knows that his defense line is the best in the league, when he knows that the best defense in the league will be helping him and supporting him this byitself relieves half the pressure on a GK's mind. now in mirzapours case, he has to be worried that his weak defense line will commit a mistake again and will leak again and he will be responsible for saving his team alone! his team is not having its best days in the league or in ACL, his teams management is showing signs of incompetence, his own fans are booing him and his team, wat in gods name do u expect from him? he saves some chances, people overlook it, he concedes some goals because of alavi or his defense line, people blame him, he saves a shot or a header but his defense line is weak in marking the opponent and clearing the rebounds and the opponent scores from a rebound, its mizarpour's fault again! im not referring to u, im referring in general to the fans and the media! this is wat we call in iran "matbooat yek bazikono takhrib mikone ya khurd mikone" a young 24 year old GK! now imagine if talebloo had to play for foolad, maybe he would save some more goals, but under the same media and fans pressure, the poor guy who is not at all experienced, even younger and has not undergone any real tensions, will succumb to it even more drastically than mirzapour!
                        not being on form is one thing, bashing a player to death is another! besides, even if a player has lost his form, he requires praise and self confidence injected in him, something considered "HARAM" in iranian football and among iranian media and fans!
                        i never said bring back abedzade, hejazi, soltani or korbekandi, all i am saying is, mirzapour has some advantages over talebloo and roudbarian that with all his disadvantages, he is still the better solution, atleast to my eyes, and branko's too, and many other fans. experience is the most important thing for a GK in a worldcup, unfortunately, only mirzapour has it! inshalla after thsi worldcup, i personally want talebloo to wear TM#1 jersey cos he looks very talented and promising and has a good talent for saving penalty kicks, but atleast for this summer, mirzapour is the best solution we got.
                        ----------------
                        6- and till the end , I didnt see any reference as to how we are not supposed to comment on such a basic, simple game of football ( and the rest of phd debate ).
                        YOU, yourself seem to be commenting on defense, formation, positions, .... .
                        did you get your "worth as a coach" ?
                        or is it just for ppl who talk about the faults and problems?
                        and those who applaud, clap, praise, cheer, are allowed to say what they want, without others asking for their knowledge of football?
                        I know everybody would like a "shirrehhh X" or "dam-e Y garm" or .... thread.
                        but some of us would like to talk about the problems, maybe with a slight hope that through such discussions, these problems are high-lighted, and then attended to.
                        SO WE WOULDNT SUFFER FROM THEM AT THE GAMES !
                        No, i never achieved anything in the world of coaching, and tahts exactly why i always say, IN MY OPINON. thats exactly why i always say, "U, ME, OR ANYBODY ELSE". thats why i said in the previous post, "U AND ME AS THEORETICIANS CAN SIT AND COMPLAIN WHY BRANKO HASNT IMPROVED OUR LEFT FLANK AND THEORETICALLY WE MAY SEEM RIGHT, BUT IF WE REALLY TAKE ALL THE FACTORS INTO CONSIDERATION, KAFEYE TARAZOO..."
                        thats exactly why when i disagree with branko, i never say im right, nor do i say ok, since branko thinks different than me, then i must be wrong. instead like i said, i try to read his mind, try to look at things from his point of view, try to see wat was the logic behind his decision, why doesnt he agree with me, wat are the advantages of his decision, wat are the advantages of my decision, etc?
                        but some guys, go upto the extent of saying, BRANKO DOESNT KNOW CRAP ABOUT FOOTBALL, BRANKO IS A 3rd RATED ASSISSTANT CONSERVATIVE COACH, etc, but hey, they forget to comapre their own achievements and their own status with branko's!
                        and about the PhD thingy, i repeat once, i think theres a huge difference between watching football on TV and commenting & watching football from the sidelines and commenting. I think theres a huge difference between theory and practicals. I think theres a huge difference betwee getting a PhD in football/coaching and actually practicing coaching. i think theres a huge difference between reading mathematics & solving mathematics!
                        --------------------
                        no-1 is taking ur right away.
                        just as no-1 shd take mine away.
                        I say these things, becoz at this time, I am worried, we'd be making the same mistakes, the same failed experiments, .... at the WC.
                        and I beleive, if we persist with branko, he WILL make the same decisions and .... !!
                        for sure nobody can take anybody's right away of expressing their opinion, atleast not on this site, and im sure ur "herso joosh" is for TM just like anybody elses, but i think we should all be more patient, and less biased than branko. we shouldnt let the media hype take over our rational thinking. we shouldnt look at only one side of the coin. we shouldnt destroy TM by destroying its coach, its staff, its players and its environment surrounding it!
                        ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

zareh and LB :

just becoz he dropped one player and picked another ( who continues to fail and not do the job ), we pught to get him a biscuit?
                          I dont think so.

I would do that, when I see him try out 2-3 IN FORM defenders in the league, and if they dont satisfy ( not only him, but TM's needs ) then try 1-2 others.

we are talking about more than 2 years back.
                          all he's done is nosrati, then zareh !
                          that's it !

at the same time, players like heidari, sadeghi, ... ( and later on, montazeri .... ) have shiend in the league, but none got the nod !

so plz dont try to say "he tried all possible players" when he did nothing of the sort.

---------------------

1- hehe ... I wish qpr was the only team we had lost to, or played bad or even defended badly, ... so I could accept your "height discrepency theory" ( altho we do see shorter defenders totally subdue taller strikers ... but hey, .... I dont have a phd !

I wish qpr was at least a strong team , so I would sit back and put up my feet, all comfortable that not many teams have such brilliant attacking stars that rival madrid's or barca's.
                          but qpr is nowhere near any galaxy that a strong team lives !!

he changed?
                          yes , he did.
                          nosrati with zareh.
                          one zero with another !

none of them a left back.
                          none of them in form.
                          none of them performed well consistently.

-----------------

so many holes here.

a) you seem not to ( or are reluctant to ) grasp "relativity", my friend.
                          kahn-lehmann in germany is exactly like mirza-talebloo in Iran.
                          so it is me who is sticking to logic and rationale.

b) then you forget and come up with "talebloo isnt int'lly experienced" .
                          well, good morning, my friend.
                          rise and shine.
                          that's exactly what many were grumbling about 2 years ago.
                          that branko, almost never played alternatives , even in those inconsequential games and against pisspoor opponents like laos, lybia, ... .

otherwise, had he at least tried to work with the second GK , not only the second fellow would have had some int'l experience by now, that also would have motivated both gk's to work harder and train more to get the number one jersey.
                          but since branko is NOT head coach material, who makes decisions, he obviously is incapable of such basic matters !

c) I dont bash mirza.
                          I ask for his benching, as his form dictates that.
                          let talebloo start a few games.
                          that ought to get mirza's engine re-started.

I ask for the same thing in every position.

----------------
                          LETS. NOT.TALK.ABOUT."PATIENCE" !

I have been patient for more than 3 to 3&1/2 years.
                          be patient for what?
                          so he would screw TM at the WC?
                          so he would collect all the money, fatten his crummy resume' and bezane be chaak ?
                          you be patient.
                          I have been far more than necessary.

-------------------

a guy goes to a doctor, and the doc gives him a pill that makes his left leg go limp.
                          and it gets worse and worse, till he cant even use his left leg anymore !!
                          months and years pass, but nothing happens but regress.

shd the guy ask the doc why the hell his leg is limping?
                          or shd he keep shut, saying "he's the doc and he studied this and that. I didnt , so I'll shut up" !!

would you ask him to be patient ?
                          what for.
                          what would it take to see this doctor is no good?
                          the guy shd lose a leg due to this crappy treatment, so you would say "oh, maybe you ought to check with another doc!!" ??

I know some ppl will say " he shd shut up coz he aint got an MD !!" .
                          lets just hope such things dont happen to them, coz they wouldnt bother to go back to the doc to find out just WTF he's done !
                          Last edited by Doctor DOOM; 04-29-2006, 10:10 AM.

Comment

zareh and LB :

just becoz he dropped one player and picked another ( who continues to fail and not do the job ), we pught to get him a biscuit?
                            I dont think so.

I would do that, when I see him try out 2-3 IN FORM defenders in the league, and if they dont satisfy ( not only him, but TM's needs ) then try 1-2 others.

we are talking about more than 2 years back.
                            all he's done is nosrati, then zareh !
                            that's it !

at the same time, players like heidari, sadeghi, ... ( and later on, montazeri .... ) have shiend in the league, but none got the nod !

so plz dont try to say "he tried all possible players" when he did nothing of the sort.

---------------------

1- hehe ... I wish qpr was the only team we had lost to, or played bad or even defended badly, ... so I could accept your "height discrepency theory" ( altho we do see shorter defenders totally subdue taller strikers ... but hey, .... I dont have a phd !

I wish qpr was at least a strong team , so I would sit back and put up my feet, all comfortable that not many teams have such brilliant attacking stars that rival madrid's or barca's.
                            but qpr is nowhere near any galaxy that a strong team lives !!

he changed?
                            yes , he did.
                            nosrati with zareh.
                            one zero with another !

none of them a left back.
                            none of them in form.
                            none of them performed well consistently.

-----------------

so many holes here.

a) you seem not to ( or are reluctant to ) grasp "relativity", my friend.
                            kahn-lehmann in germany is exactly like mirza-talebloo in Iran.
                            so it is me who is sticking to logic and rationale.

b) then you forget and come up with "talebloo isnt int'lly experienced" .
                            well, good morning, my friend.
                            rise and shine.
                            that's exactly what many were grumbling about 2 years ago.
                            that branko, almost never played alternatives , even in those inconsequential games and against pisspoor opponents like laos, lybia, ... .

otherwise, had he at least tried to work with the second GK , not only the second fellow would have had some int'l experience by now, that also would have motivated both gk's to work harder and train more to get the number one jersey.
                            but since branko is NOT head coach material, who makes decisions, he obviously is incapable of such basic matters !

c) I dont bash mirza.
                            I ask for his benching, as his form dictates that.
                            let talebloo start a few games.
                            that ought to get mirza's engine re-started.

I ask for the same thing in every position.

----------------
                            LETS. NOT.TALK.ABOUT."PATIENCE" !

I have been patient for more than 3 to 3&1/2 years.
                            be patient for what?
                            so he would screw TM at the WC?
                            so he would collect all the money, fatten his crummy resume' and bezane be chaak ?
                            you be patient.
                            I have been far more than necessary.

-------------------

a guy goes to a doctor, and the doc gives him a pill that makes his left leg go limp.
                            and it gets worse and worse, till he cant even use his left leg anymore !!
                            months and years pass, but nothing happens but regress.

shd the guy ask the doc why the hell his leg is limping?
                            or shd he keep shut, saying "he's the doc and he studied this and that. I didnt , so I'll shut up" !!

would you ask him to be patient ?
                            what for.
                            what would it take to see this doctor is no good?
                            the guy shd lose a leg due to this crappy treatment, so you would say "oh, maybe you ought to check with another doc!!" ??

I know some ppl will say " he shd shut up coz he aint got an MD !!" .
                            lets just hope such things dont happen to them, coz they wouldnt bother to go back to the doc to find out just WTF he's done !
                            1)
                            agar meyare entekhabe bazikonane TM faghat ru form budan bud, har mah 23 te bazikone jadid be TM davat mishodan ke na coordinated hastan ba ham, na tajrobe team melli va bazihaye international daran!
                            bah bah, chi mishevad in team melli!

choosing players is like choosing to pursue ur career as a doctor or an engineer. u have a lots of varieites, but u choose based on wat u think is right for urself to succeed, and ur plans!

2)
                            and i never said branko has tried all possible candidates, plz dont put words into my mouths, looks like ur the one who is not reading my arguments completely or carefully. i said "BRANKO IS EXPECTED TO TRY ALL POSSIBLE CANDDIATES WHICH IS NOT POSSIBLE CONSIDERING THE LIMTED RESOURCES AND FRIENDLIES WE GOT"!

3)
                            about QPR, they were a strong physical team who train with each other 7 days a week, play with each other once or twice a week of almost the whole year! now compare it to our TM substitutes. there, u get ur answer!
                            my height theory isnt the only reason for irans bad loss in that game. it was a major reason, and no, not because of defenders that u say "shorter defenders subdue taller forwards" but again if u read carefully wat i wrote, it was becaues our midfield couldnt dominate the middle of hte field! and our midfield was physically weaker and shorter than theirs. Add to it their lack of experience and coordination with each other, wat do u expect? yes, i know shorter defenders subdue taller forwards and perfect examples are fabio canavaro and ivan cordoba! but height, physique and physical strength plays an important role in football specially when it comes to an english style of play where long balls is their "sabk"!

4)
                            ur expecting too much from iran, thats why u will never be able to sit back with ur feet on the table and popcorn in ur hands yet u call urself a realistic person. ur expecting more than iran's capabilites just because iranians are talented. but u tend to forget that they are not exactly professionals when it comes to football, they dont have the basic necessary infrastructure and literate coaches in their clubs to help them develop into complete footballers, they are mostly emotional and are easily affected by the fan, media and critiques. They dont play in a league has really much to boast about. and no, im not talking of our 5 legionnaries, im talking about the other 15 or 18 players of TM! they were never taught football as a science back in their growing years but more of a hobby, past time, entertainment or some sport to play for the sake of keeping fit or the love for the game.

5)
                            again u say zareh is a zero, but i totally disagree with u, he performed his duties quite well as an LB until his recent loss of form which made branko consider other players like nikbakht and madanchi.

6)
                            again u say i dont undrestand the concept of relativity. but i do, and thats exactly why i disagree with mirza-talebloo compared to kahn-lehman.
                            again, i repeat, lehman and kahn are experienced players, they play in the best leagues of the world, in the highest level of football, against the best strikers, midfielders and defenders of the world! for lehman and kahn it wont make much of a difference of national team caps since both are experienced enough and play football at its highest level.

but is the case for talebloo? while mirzapour has played some international games and against some quality strikers and midfielders, has talebloo experienced this? has he ever created a defensive wall against totti or ballack for a freekick? guess wat, lehman and kahn both have. they dont piss in their pants when they face such players. neither will mirzapour, but talebloo will, because unlike the other 3 mentioned goalkeepers, talebloo hasnt faced real high level football opponents and hasnt passed that knee shaking nerve racking situations and tensions on an international scale!

SO, NO, KAHN - LLEHMAN SITUATION IS NOT ONE BIT SIMILAR TO TALEBLOO - MIRZAPOUR SITUATION!

The logic is so easy, i dunno why u dont agree with it!

7)
                            yes, i would like to see talebloo get some playtime in our remaining few games, not in the worldcup though!
                            in these last 2 or 3 friendly games, i think mirza should get one half and talebloo the other. in this way, mirzapour feels that his position is threatened because he doesnt get to play the entire 90 minutes and at the same time, he will be able to warm up and maybe improve his form again by playing 45 minutes and also add to his experience. Talebloo on the other hand, will first get motivated to work harder because he sees he can get playtime, and at the same time he will also add to his national caps and experience!

8)
                            u have been patient for 3 years? uhm, less than 1 and half yers ago, iran probably played its best football ever in asian cups 2004, but u easily ignore that, simply because iran were victims of some bad refreeing and some immature kiddish mistakes BY OUR INEXPERIENCED PLAYERS but u still seem to be advocating for such players so intensely just because they are on form!

and remember, whether u like it or not, branko is gonna be our coach in the worldcup, and he too,just like the players and other staff requires peace and back up from all iranians! and with just 1 month left, there is nothing u could possibly do except support him!

9)
                            and plz dont talk about branko as if he is some mullah who sits in one corner and fills his tummy! they guy is in some real tensed and hard situations, away from his family, held by the throat by the media and uneducated critiques who have proved their failures time and again yet they tend to provide "expert comments" on someone who has achieved much better results than themselves! with all the limited resources, unorganized and insuffieicnet budgeting from IFF, constant interference from higher authorities and islamic bodies/figures, bad international image and public relations with other countries, lack of infrastructure, and football understandings from the clubs and their coaches, he has come so far! its very wrong and unjust of u to accuse him of sitting in a corner eating away irans money and fatten his resume!

Just incase u will accuse me of pitying branko again and thats why i can let him do watever he wants to do in iran with irans money and TM, no, i pity him because he has worked so hard and gained successful results but our portavagho and poredaa hamvatans who arent quite the most appreciative people on the planet forget all this so easily and look at things so superficially!

10)
                            and the example u gave about the limping patient going to a doctor for pills,, can be equally refuted by another example where a child gets some disease which the mother who loves her child more than any other doctor thinks its disease X and she doesnt trust any other doctor eventhough she goes to one and the doctor says, its disease Y, and its caused because of lack of proper nutrition, etc! but no, the mother wont listen, she will say, i have seen this disease before, my grandmothers uncles husbands child had the same disease and the child was cured this way, so my child also has to do the same thing! and then guess wat happens? the childs condition only worsens because the mother didnt listen to the doctor cos she thought she knows atleast as much as the doctor knows or even more than the doctor or the doctor doesnt love my kid like i do, so he is doing it for his own selfish interest!
                            ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

dear yashar fasihnia,
                              Well said !!,and all the points you made,make sence to me...how ever, had you explained your points in a more accomidating manner,it would have sunk better.as not all critics are the way you said they are.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo
                                dear yashar fasihnia,
                                Well said !!,and all the points you made,make sence to me...how ever, had you explained your points in a more accomidating manner,it would have sunk better.as not all critics are the way you said they are.
                                thankyou zzgloo jan, and sorry for the disorganizement.

and yes ofcoures not all critiques in iran are bisavad and poredaa, but i was talking in general, we find critiques in iran who couldnt prove their worth when they had the chance to, but yet, when somebody else is doing better than themselves, mishinan eshkalaye alaki migiran ke bishtar bejayinke komak konan be TM, javo badtar kharab mikonan va in tasir mizare ru mardom ke az inha chizhaye eshtebah yad migiran!!
                                ESTEGHLAL:

Comment

Working...
                                X