behzadb jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

behzadb jan

Just started to hear the interview with Branko by PSC and figured out you misunderstood sth. After 7-8 minutes he talks about his first match with Iran and the first year that he first played a 3-3-3-1 and then slowly changed to 4-2-3-1. He indeed says "this year" but he means 2002. He describes his way to the fourback in his early time (again at 8:30).

We never played a 3-3-3-1 since the Asian Games 2002 again.

Still coming to the part with the two defensive mids, but I'm sure that's as well a misunderstanding.

The English is really not good, it's not easy to figure out what he means but if you listen again you will see.

well, when he said "this year" I thought he means "this year", the one we are in now.

But anyhow, I thought it was the best interview I have seen from him. I know he is still trying to figure out what to do with one or two of the spots on the team.

But I will stay firm on my forecast that a Defensive appraoch, is not only logical in my opinion, but also something that Branko will be working on for the three games in Germany. And that means 1 striker system. On this issue (1 Striker) I have no difference of opinion with Branko (if in fact he does go with the one striker formation) , But I have an issue with who he chooses between Daie and VH. And hence, my year long debate over Daie. And even you have said yourself that a 4.2.3.1 with both VH and Daie will be a problem and not work. So, the question will be , Will Branko go with the 1 striker formation or not? ONCE we have figured that out (I guess you should ask him if you can contact him, or maybe ask Human ) then we can discuss (for fun) the specific players in each spot.

ofcourse, I think we have a shot against Mexico so we could play a little more loose there. But against Portugal, not a fat chance. They will dictate the game to us. We better be ready to occupy the middle of the field (specially the space between our 18 yard line and the midfield area) with extra players and we better have the 4 flat defense line to cover the edges of the field.

But I think the fact that Karimi was able to get trained at BM, and play plenty of games too, now we have a great and complete player in him. This new karimi, if healthy will empower us in many ways. Including giving Branko the flexibility to adjust his formation according to the situation of the game.

And if you do talk to Branko or Human, tell them from me , please let Karimi be free. (like how Kia was early on in Hamburg)

thanks for the post martin jan.

Comment

I watched Bundesliga and had a friend over and just continued listening now.

Indeed he says he prefers two defensive mfs and there is not really room of interpretation there.

Unfortuntately Molkara and Alesafar didn't follow up there. The interview is great and I'm glad you forced me to listen to it behzad jan, but there was one question missing. If he wants to play with two central defensive mids and wants to maintain the fourback (which he surely wants), he either needs to come up with a new sysetm (4-2-2-2) or bench either Daei or Hashemian, which he surely doesn't if both are fit. So there is a dilemma.

The only interpretation I have is that he'd prefer a 4-2-3-1 (as clearly stated in the interview) but that due to available players - no really outstanding second defensive mid beside Nekounam and two very good strikers (as also both clearly stated in the interview) - he's forced to use only one in a 4-1-2-1-2, as he repeatedly did in all major matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza
        Unfortuntately Molkara and Alesafar didn't follow up there. The interview is great and I'm glad you forced me to listen to it behzad jan, but there was one question missing. If he wants to play with two central defensive mids and wants to maintain the fourback (which he surely wants), he either needs to come up with a new sysetm (4-2-2-2) or bench either Daei or Hashemian, which he surely doesn't if both are fit. So there is a dilemma.
        And that's what I have been saying in many of my posts since I watched that Interview. The interviewers stopped short of asking the most critical question. (I don't know if they realized it or not or if it was intentional), but that dilemma is what I have been asking eveyone here on these boards.

I guess we will wait and see how it works out.

Best of luck to our boys and our coaches.

Comment

he either needs to come up with a new sysetm (4-2-2-2) or bench either Daei or Hashemian, which he surely doesn't if both are fit. So there is a dilemma.

The only interpretation I have is that he'd prefer a 4-2-3-1 (as clearly stated in the interview) but that due to available players - no really outstanding second defensive mid beside Nekounam and two very good strikers (as also both clearly stated in the interview) - he's forced to use only one in a 4-1-2-1-2, as he repeatedly did in all major matches.
          Originally posted by Hajagha
          Don't you see the conflict of "4-2-3-1 formation" both Human and Branko think is the best for us against better teams like Portugal and Mexico and "Daei-Hashemian" both up front?
          But to your question, I don't see a conflict. Coaches prefer certain formations, such as we prefer different meals or clothes, but that doesn't make one formation objectively better. As a national team coach, you need to adapt your system to the available players (sth Branko is falsely accused of not doing) and that is what he does.
          No comment.

Comment

I guess Haji's quote-post sums it up...

Comment

Working...
            X