Iran - China post match discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran - China post match discussion

Good and solid performance by tm overll.overcame the excuse for a football pitch.

1.very happy with our strikers, gholami doing well aswell. not often a striker
    scores a goal in TM.
    2.not sure about have 3 DM in midfield. I was glad to see
    ghotbi bring an attacking midfielder to the game, which changed the
    pace of the the game (shojae)
    3.shojae was good.
    4.not khalatbaris best game, due to the pitch i think.
    5.Rahmati is on form.
    6.NOT happy about nosrati playing. i hope to see asjari playing there
    againts Korea.Also i do not agree on having hajsafi as a LB.
    7. i do like the fact that we have several players competing for the same place.

overall im quite pleased about ghotbi's reactions and changed in the game.
    But oladi could have come in for khalatbari
    10 mins earlier.
    Humanity. Love. Earth.

The 3 DMs is still too conservative. We scored 1st so the weakness of the system didn't show, but it will kill all creativity when the matches actually matter.
    The pitch was really bad. I thought China could do way better than that.

Also I liked the counter-attacks by Iran, first time in a long time we did that well.

Comment

you can find the formation i posted in martin-reza's thread for the games below:

------------gholami------------
      rezayi------------------khalatbari
      -------------------------------
      ---------------------------------
      -----hajsafi------------ando--------
      -------------p.nouri-----------------
      Asjari----Hosseini--Omranzdeh-heydari
      -----------------------------------
      ------------Rahmati---------------

what i would like to change for korea is:

------------gholami------------
      khalatbari-----------------Rezayi
      ------------Shojae---------------
      -----Neko------------ando-------
      Asjari----Hosseini--Aghili-heydari
      -----------------------------------
      ------------Rahmati---------------

-bring in oladi for one of the tired or weaker perfoming 3 strikers at
      65th minute.

-bring omranzadeh for aghili for one half.
      - and perhaps bring in mirzapour for rahmati in the 65th minute.
      Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Gholami is a welcome discovery. There are still more players in the IPL which should be given a try. I could think of that Rah Ahan right back, (Hedayati)? I think it's about time team melli had better defenders!
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Offensive midfield ,seems to be a good position for Shojaee,and 4-3-3 system worked well.

South Korea will be a great test....they are the best team in Asia,in my opinion.

Comment

^^the game against korea is more important to qotbi then anyone else, as he want to beat them to quiet down the critics about him not knowing anything about the korea's..

mark my word: if qotbi does not win the game against korea, navad will be the first to mention qotbi's poor record against his old team!! well for that matter i will also mention it too LOOOL
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

just finished watching it (thanks to shirfarhad for his great work on making vid's available for us so soon) and have a few comments to make:

1- 3 def mids is overkill (hell for me even two are unnecessary unless we face some heavy hitters)
              and the lack of creativity in the middle was evident becoz of this.

2- I am impressed by Gholami.
              not becoz he scored a goal, which was the icing on the cake for me.
              but becoz of his constant hustling up front and starting the team defense from the tip of the formation. we dont see many of our strikers put this much effort to defend up front. a big UP to him for this.

he's also well built and can become a proper center forward if he maintains his form and gets proper service from the mid. (why neither mobaali nor Md. Nouri were used shows ghotbi's too cautious and reserved... which is not a hopeful prospect)

3- the chinese team was just too bloody weak to mount any decent pressure except the last 15 minutes, where they just crushed haidari and ghotbi was forced to sub him.
              playing such weak opponents will NEVER show our weaknesses to the staff to correct.... until it is too late and we face a tough team when we shdnt (in the asia cup games)!!!

I hope south korea can come up wit better response than the chinese' youth or B-squad.

4- ando and ghotbi managed to deflect a lot of valid criticism with ando's goal. but the goal did not cover for a very mediocre performance by ando, as his lack of real match praxis showed.

ghotbi seems to be a lucky coach in this respect and he seems to be provided with excuse and escape routes. lets hope it continues till after the AC.

5- what's happened to heidari this season?
              he's not even a fraction of what he used to be at ss!

Comment

Was this China's U23 or the real team?

Thanks to shirfarhad for the videos he uploads!
                I will see the full game later.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

They didn't seem young, but non of their star players were there.. SO I guess it was their B team.
                  Anyways, there isn't really much to say after this match. Let's wait till after the Korea game, to see where we are at the moment.

Comment

Unfortunately , I was on the plane back home from Europe and missed the match ...BUT ...that was yet another wonderful win for Team Melli.

OK...perhaps the game was not that brilliant as I read through the comments and the same old weakness continue to pop up . let us not deny that Team Melli has been perfect (result wise) in 2010

P......5
                    W
                    D
                    L

GF.....10
                    GA.....2...
                    GD.....+8.....0

sigpic

Comment

Neither Nouri nor Ando are classic DMs, I rather see them as CMs, especially Nouri.

But I also prefer the (more offensive) 4-2-3-1. However, against stronger teams like South Korea, the 4-3-3 might be a good thing.

Comment

During this game.....there was not a single cross on our goal,that was touched by Aghili or Hossaini first !! ( This is not an exajuration ).
                        Nor do I recall,any different in previouse games....

This is very very alarming,and disturbing......
                        our central defense has absolutly no command in our own Box...and always the opponant has the first touch.

I do not see any other part of TM to be that bad .

Comment

^ interesting observation, I didn't notice that at all to be honest and will check the tape again to see if I can agree to that impression.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                            ^ interesting observation, I didn't notice that at all to be honest and will check the tape again to see if I can agree to that impression.
                            To be fair, and concise, I meant " In The Air ".....
                            No first touch by head from our defenders.

Comment

Working...
                            X