No announcement yet.

Iran - South Korea game discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that I think should be said is the fact that Ghotbi knows South Korea. He knew by packing the midfield and a delayed passing game you can easily shutdown Korea. The problem for me is that I still don't know if he can watch any opponent and figure out how to beat them. We don't need a coach that knows how to beat one team.

I am not a Ghotbi fan yet but he might be able to make a beliver out of me.
    Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

^^^^
      He has already beaten:

Bosnia's A team
      Armenia's A team
      China's A team (Missing 1-3 of their main players, but so did we)
      S. Korea's A team

All of the above matches were away, not to mention that we almost beat Lazio in a somewhat decent performance not too long ago!

Comment

The problem with our team is that we are both weak in defense and offense.
        If we had decent strikers, I would agree with a 3 dmf in the middle. They would help out our main weakness which is defending. Plus, in a good day, we could control the midfield as well, which could lead to some good attacks.
        However the lack of scoring ability might cost us some games in the future. What I think that really should change is replacing Hajsafi and maybe even Shojaei for Khalatbari.
        I wouldn't change the 3 dmf for now, as it may end up in a really solid midfield. Plus all of the 3 midfielders have the ability to go in to the opponents 16 and score a goal. With some fast (thinking) strikers/wingers, this formation might end up in a really good one for us. That's why I'd like to give the edge to Khalatbari over Shojaei, who isn't a winger.

The most important thing in this line-up, is maybe the striker. He should be able to keep the ball, hustle and have somewhat good scoring abilities.
        Actually this line-up is the same as Man City's line-up, with Tevez as a lone striker and two fast wingers on his side. Hope Gholami or Oladi can bring for us what Tevez brings for City.

Comment

shouldnt there be a difference between forcing a win and exploiting an accident?
          or should we always wait for rivals' mistakes to happen only?

Comment

^If that question was directed at me, then yes, there's a difference. The way we played was hoping to exploit an accident, but with some lil changes we could force a win with the same formation. Just like Man City does.

Comment

Originally posted by dvader6 View Post
              shouldnt there be a difference between forcing a win and exploiting an accident?
              here are some more questions :

1- Did TM played fast football, based on a team plan ? or were they forced to do so to catch up with a faster pace of South Korean team ?

2-Did both teams play Football ?, or there were clash of Styles ?

3-Does Iran have a stronger Football, or South Korea ?

4- Are we on the right track toward future, or South Korea is ?
              Last edited by zzgloo; 09-08-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                here are some more questions :
                1- Did TM played fast football, based on a team plan ? or were they forced to do so to catch up with a faster pace of South Korean team ?
                2-Did both teams play Football ?, or there were clash of Styles ?
                3-Does Iran have a stronger Football, or South Korea ?
                4- Are we on the right track toward future, or South Korea is ?
                1- Actually TM played a slower game (you could see Ghotbi on the sideline giving the calm the game sign to players) delayed passing style in a packed midfield. We were fast on the counters and I think it was planned and based on players who are naturally runners and fast (e.g. G Rezaei)

2- Clash of style. Korea is geared towards a high work rate fluid football where as the current Iran team is geared towards pressing and disruptive style

3- Korea has a stronger tactical football where as Iran has more gifted players. I think it is totally a matter of preference to choose the better one!

4- Iran's current approach or roadmap has nothing to do with this team. IFF has already decided that the Omid and the TM are just there for show and the next generation will be defined by the U-19 Iranian team that is where all the investment is going at this stage. It is too early to say if we are on the right track or not but for some reason Doosti's team is giving me a warm and optimistic feeling.
                Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

dear god hajsafi played terrible at least in the 1st half i saw.
                  Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

There is no denying that Ghotbi and Team Melli has a perfect record in 2010 ( and let us all hope that it remains like that). How are these results achieved and whether they are satisfactory is quite an interesting debate.

Yes , perhaps Korean Football is more organized , more professionally run and managed , more tactically disciplined .....but what is the use if they do not win , especially against the so-called lower ranked teams (our own TM , for example) ?

For me , the right question I need to ask is from Back to front. At the end , we need the result and to achieve that there should be a certain line up , strategy and system of play. There is no doubt that Team Melli , apart from a few moments of individual brilliance here and there , plays an ugly kind of football. In fact it is quite archaic and that is typified by the "Route one" balls from the defenders to the forward lines !!!

But the bottom line is that I need a result .....and that is what Ghotbi wanted and achieved. I don't think it is fair for us to criticize him or his team for achieving the result..hell that is what every team in the world wants to achieve in each match...WIN...there is no Ugly win or a beautiful win category yet...it is all in our minds..a win is a win.

I will Kiss "Seyed's" forehead if he achieves such results in Doha , come January 2011 ...and I will leave the beautiful football for Spain ( which received a good lesson in football by Argentine )

The reality is....Team Melli is a reflection of Iran's football in general...It is NOT great to watch and has many flaws in it. The coach is NOT very experienced and has many shortcomings. He is conservative to say the least , highly nervous and quite emotional. He seems to feel the stress & pressure of the job. The constant threat of being booted out of the job is not an easy feeling to live and work with ...So...Lest not forget that we have just defeated Korea and lest not forget that apart from the last 15 minutes of the match , they hardly threatened our defense system ( with all its shortcomings). Let us remember the Played 6 Won 6

I think...it is time for Ghotbi to relax a wee bit...collect his thoughts...re-enforce , refuel and start breathing normally for a few weeks. The Job is not done by any means and the road is rough , but admittedly "Seyed" is not doing badly ...at all.

The man deserves some recognition IMHO.

Last edited by maij; 09-09-2010, 11:38 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry for spoiling the joy here, but let's not forget that it wasn't all about how well Iran played. Korea did not play well at all.. it was a bad day for them! We have had many of those before!! remember where we have lost against weak teams.

so, puff puff puff for the win .... but not too much!!!

The real MaCoy will have to be shown in Qatar!!

Comment

High resolution ...from KFATV the way reported by Korean

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                          Sorry for spoiling the joy here, but let's not forget that it wasn't all about how well Iran played. Korea did not play well at all.. it was a bad day for them! We have had many of those before!! remember where we have lost against weak teams.

so, puff puff puff for the win .... but not too much!!!

The real MaCoy will have to be shown in Qatar!!

I don't think many people really believe that Team Melli played well and as you said rightly , the Koreans were pretty much awful too....My point is .....It is a win , ugly as it may be , it is still a win...
                          Hopefully Seyed will continue on course all the way to Doha.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

High resolution ...from KFATV the way reported by Korean
                            After over two years of having an HD system , I have seen only one Team Melli broadcast in HD.... Mostly , have to be content with the crappy old 18th century broadcast stuff for TM matches

Nice picture.....Thanks

sigpic

Comment

I have to agree with you Maij, we are in no position to expect beautifull wins against good opponents. Maybe after some time when the players get used to the system more and when Qotbi figures out which players fit best in this system, we might have good games against the Aussies, Japan or Korea. At this point the increasing winning mood should be a huge confidence booster, especially when the perfect score is achieved beating some strong teams, WITHOUT conceiding a goal.
                              So yea, we didn't play good football to build on for the future, but I think the wins against China and Korea has helped the process of self confidence, and eventually good football, greatly.
                              Let's wait and see what will happen next, as we have no other choise, but for now I'm not that disappointed.

Comment

^ is it about "beautiful" win vs. "ugly" win ...... or is this about "taking a win" vs. "being gifted the win"?

I think the beautiful/ugly debate can go on and on with hardly a resolution to it. but I would like to see us "take a win", rather than wait and wait and hope and prey till we are "gifted a win" through the opposition's mistakes. Because sometimes, no matter how long we wait or how much we prey, the opposition just doesnt make such crass mistakes (by then it doesnt matter whether we play beautiful or ugly anyway). what then? what other routes would we have to get that win?

Comment

Working...
                                X