Iran - Brazil ??!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran - Brazil ??!!?

I just opened the forum and saw only chaos havoc, with everyone talking about iran-brazil happening. some are crying, some have bet their penises on the game (lol), some are threatening to drop out of their education and become monks, some are leaving their families, ...
    WHAT. THE. HELL. IS. GOING. ON. HERE????

it's just a game. and that against a team that we've never lost to. in fact our record is pretty nice with a win and a draw (or was it another win?).
    and since nowadays we're playing like spain's daddy (ahem.., cough, cough.....), beating one powerhouse after another, I dont think playing only the 4th ranked team in the world should result in any castration, broken lives and families.

but seriously, I doubt we'd see more than a couple or at best 3-4 of stars in the team. nevertheless, a good game the likes of which comes around every 5-6 years once.
    If it turns out to be like the Germans' visit, then I'm happy.

especially since apart from south korea, we havent had a decent (let alone strong) opponent for quite a long time now and therefore, a good chance to find the weaknesses and holes in our defense.

I just hope ghotbi doesnt pack the 11 with def mids like it's a bloody marks & spencer sale, going out of business.

also shame the in form khalatbari, Md. hosseini and dare I include talebi of zob-ahan cant be added. and rightfully so too. the alhilal game is a 100 times more important game than this.

so barring ghotbi going nuts and loco and playing 6-3-1, I guess we may see at least 2 def mids (sigh!!!! ). but who's going to take the forward post?
    I was impressed by both gholami and oladi as both have shown to be physically more strong than ansarifard, meydavoudi and rezaei. so in the inevitable case of the 4-2-3-1, I guess gholami or oladi are our best bets.

however, I really wish ashjari is brought in for the LB. especially since hajsafi's defensive abilities are not as good as his offensive ones and I can only imagine, defensively, the amount of pressure he'd be under in such a game.

will shojaei get another red carpet to the starting line up, solely based on his club affiliations? or will that slot go to the most IN FORM player?

DD jan on the Hajsafi vs Ashjari issue, I agree that Hajsafi has been utter disaster as LB and must have set some sort of record in creating turn-overs, but at the same time, you are somewhat doing the opposite of what you preach about inviting the "in form" players.
    Have you seen Ashjari play lately? I've seen 2-3 games and I can assure you he's miles away from what he was in Zobahan. I don't know if you saw him against Esteghlal, but it was a sad sight! He was the worst player on the field and played like a 6 year old, both physically and mentally. Right now, none of them cut it I'm afraid.
    HOMER: Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether
    you win or lose.... it's how drunk you get.

Comment

Tuesday - Sep 28, 2011Brazil squad:

Goalkeepers: Victor (Gremio), Jefferson (Botafogo), Neto (Atletico Paranaense)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Mariano (Fluminense), Alex (Chelsea), Thiago Silva (Milan), David Luiz (Benfica), Andre Santos (Fenerbahce), Adriano (Barcelona)

Midfielders: Wesley (Werder Bremen), Sandro (Tottenham), Ramires (Chelsea), Philippe Coutinho (Inter), Lucas (Liverpool), Giuliano (Internacional), Elias (Corinthians), Carlos Eduardo (Rubin Kazan)

Forwards: Robinho (Milan), Alexandre Pato (Milan), Nilmar (Villarreal), Andre (Dynamo Kiev)
      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

i have a feeling there are some politics involved with the set up of this friendly.

never the less im happy we are playing brazil.
        Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

WE do not need this game...
          It will do nothing positive for us.....
          It is wrong friendly at a wrong time.....
          What are we to accumplish with this game ?.......
          what would a 4-0 loss do for us ?.....
          we are not at the stage that we would be needing such experince....
          The likes of , South Korea, Armenia, possibly ,Ukrain, or Russia, or even Turkey are the type of team we should play, at this stage...

If there was a systematic, on going IFF poilcy to play with many power houses, it may have been benefisial...but, we know, it is just one single game......,.........and " Baa Yek Gol bahar Nemiad ".

It may be damaging to the Moral of TM....and that would make it a wrong time for such extravagant reach !
          Last edited by zzgloo; 09-28-2010, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
            WE do not need this game...
            It will do nothing positive for us.....
            It is wrong friendly at a wrong time.....
            What are we to accumplish with this game ?.......
            what would a 4-0 loss do for us ?.....
            we are not at the stage that we would be needing such experince....
            The likes of , South Korea, Armenia, possibly ,Ukrain, or Russia, or even Turkey are the type of team we should play, at this stage...
            If there was a systematic, on going IFF poilcy to play with many power houses, it may have been benefisial...but, we know, it is just one single game......,.........and " Baa Yek Gol bahar Nemiad ".
            It may be damaging to the Moral of TM....and that would make it a wrong time for such extravagant reach !
            I disagree ZZ Jan...How many more times are we going to play SK, Armenia, etc? Let's put our team to the test here. Even if Brazil plays their D team (which, judging from the article on the PFDC homepage, they won't), we'll get a SOLID friendly out of it against an opponent that we'd otherwise be dreaming of playing.

It's a fantastic occasion imo, and one that we should embrace.
            We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

bahram jan, contrary to what you said and think, it is good to play tough opponents if we want to reach somewhere in asia cup.
              why do you think the likes of south korea or japan continuously play tough teams, even if they lose? testament to this correct thinking is that they have continuously qualified for the WC ... while we fool ourselves with winning sh*tty teams in meaningless friendlies, but fail to qualify for the WC (or if we do, we fall apart & crumble like we did in 06)

ghotbi's and branko's tactic of playing pisspoor teams just to maintain a good record of wins is the WRONG attitude. playing sh*tty teams never helps us, as we'd still be oblivious to our weaknesses and short comings.
              if the team is not put under pressure how can we assess how strong our team is?
              asn an engineer you ought to know it is only when you put the steel under hardening test that you can assess its strength, ... which qualifies it to make your heavy machinery.
              without a hardening test, you'd have cars breaking down, ships sinking and planes falling apart under the slightest of stresses.

I know some of us really want to support our favorite coaches no matter what. but I think keeping the TEAM as priority is more noble than keeping the benefits of our favorite coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                I know some of us really want to support our favorite coaches no matter what. but I think keeping the TEAM as priority is more noble than keeping the benefits of our favorite coaches.
                I am not sure what you are fishing here........I see the fisher,and the net,..but not the fish !
                There will not be any loss of credit to Ghotbi,if TM loses to Brazil.......but TM may lose momentum.
                Just as our whole football league lost momentum, right after the World cup !,and seeing so much beautiful football.

Payman and faraz e Aziz........the point you guys are making has been valid, and the wish of all of us for long time.......but, the problem is the " timing " !

Do you two recagnize at what stage of building a new generation we are ?
                Did you see TM game against Omman ?
                Are we preparing for WC, or the Asian games ?
                has this TM reached the right chamistry,and stablished the Ruster, and stabelized ?

Contrary to your point, payman jaan, japan and Korea, at these type of stages, play, Nigeria, Eygpt,Cameroon,Uruguay,sweitzerland,etc,etc...type teams..

The team we had, with Bronko,priore to the world cup, was at the stage that needed such game.......But not now, and not with this team, at this stage ! ......
                You do not reabilitate an injured player by using him at a very important game........,you do it step by step.....
                Actualt Ghotbi, has been playing better freindly opponants than Branko used to.......that was why we had so high a FIFA ranking..which was a fake, engeeniered by him..and not a true one......
                NA be oon shoorieh shoor,na be in Bi namaki !

Are we looking for a logical , systemmatic developement of TM, or some Kids'' wishes to see thier local stars in a faimouse situation,agiants the top dogs,and world TV,.so to feel good for 90 minutes ??!!

Last edited by zzgloo; 09-28-2010, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                  There will not be any loss of credit to Ghotbi,if TM loses to Brazil.......but TM may lose momentum.

......but, the problem is the " timing " !
                  deh, akheh hamin "momentum" hast ke man bahash eshkal daram, baradar-e man.
                  (and it is this very "timing" that I think is good, if not a bit late.)

what momentum?
                  the false and pseudo results that only sweep the dirt under the rug? you mean that momentum?
                  the momentum that omits (hides) the low quality of the opponents?
                  the momentum that omits (hides) the low quality of our performances?
                  the momentum that omits (hides) the defensive weaknesses, the lack of tactics, the shortcomings in our forward moves, the ... ?
                  you mean that momentum?

khob mikham 70 sal-e siyah "momentum" nadasheth bashim , if in the end we stumble and fall the moment we face off against a tough opponent in an official game.

btw, plz tell me you didnt just compare crappy teams like china, armenia, bahrain, red star, ... (aside from the fact that almost ALL these teams played their reserves ) with teams like egypt, switzerland, nigeria, uruguay, cameroon, ... ? (mind you, japan and skorea, besides these tough teams, also play against the likes of spain, brazil, argentina, ... quite regularly too)
                  plz tell me you were joking.

Comment

let me also talk about this issue that our irib commentators (and some fans) keep touting the "MISSING LEGIONNAIRES" (Woooooo!! . like we got 17 legionnaires like messi and robben!)

agha jan, it is only nekounam and shojaei.
                    and unfortunately, both are not exactly setting the football pitches on fire. be it in osasuna, or even in TM.

a look at their last game proves this. shojaei is an extremely lucky (but highly talented player who still doesnt use his talents well) player who scores those lucky goals that happen once in a blue moon.
                    the guy is still young and he shd be able to pull up his socks and improve. but looks like he is no daei or kia or VH , who through sheer determination and force of will worked on their game and progressed in europe. unfortunately.

nekounam also hasnt been without faults. his argumentative attitude resulted in the red card in armenia. but that's not all.
                    he still fails to mark his man in counters or even straight forward attacks, where we've conceded quite a few goals only becoz nobody hassles the surging midfielders from the middle!
                    he still hasnt corrected this weakness.

so if some of us think with inclusion of our "legionnaires" we're gonna transform into an invincible team, then you've got another thing coming.

Comment

And besdies all the points, if you want to go up in the FIFA rankings, you have to start beating stronger opponents. Losing to stronger ones is not as much danger to the ranking as losing to the weaker ones. In other terms playing with great opposition is a win-win situation. The game prospect has added much positive excitement to Iran's football since a few days ago.

Dr D. of course missing in this WAFF Iran squad also is Khalatbari who can be a defining player all on his own! Others not there: G. Rezaie who does wonders with his runs on the right side. Potentially also if Ali Karimi manages to get back in form (both on and off the field), he could add creativity to the front line with his vision, technique, and experience. Think what Diego Forlan at age 32 was able to do for Uruguay this past summer.
                      sigpic

Comment

^ mate, I dont give a rat's arse about ranking if it doesnt help us in official WCQ's or asia cup games.

what's the point of being a top 20 team (on the back of a string of pisspoor opponents) but lose to the likes of bahrain or jordan or oman or skorea's B team in tournaments?

I also agree with the issue of khalatbari and G. Rezaei. but the problem is that our team and its unidimensional tactics have shown to be constant irrespective of who plays.

the problem is even if khalatbari plays the team hardly creates much opportunity for him. that's why he is such a different player in zob ahan than TM. the impact he has in zob is becoz the team does provide opportunities for him. but in TM we hardly do.

on karimi, nowadays I'm not too certain.
                        when we truly needed him was during the WCQ's when he was in form and a year younger and still eager to prove something.
                        these days? I dont know mate

Comment

Doc 32 is still not too old these days for football. The new Italian coach just announced he wants Totti (34) and Cassano back in their national team, also Miroslav Klose said he plans to stay on until Brazil 2014 (he will be 36 then!)

By the way where is maij nowadays? I haven't seen him post anything for a week.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by toofan View Post
                            i have a feeling there are some politics involved with the set up of this friendly.

never the less im happy we are playing brazil.
                            [quote]

خبرگزاري آژانسيكاي برزيل:
                            ديدار ايران و برزيل به خاطر مذاكرات احمدي نژاد و داسيلوا برگزار مي شود
                            خبرگزاري فارس: براساس اعلام خبرگزاري برزيل، بحث بازي دوستانه ميان تيم ملي اين كشور با ايران در نشست سران سياسي دو كشور مطرح شده بود]

Comment

[QUOTE=St_Mark;1650314]

خبرگزاري آژانسيكاي برزيل:
                              ديدار ايران و برزيل به خاطر مذاكرات احمدي نژاد و داسيلوا برگزار مي شود
                              خبرگزاري فارس: براساس اعلام خبرگزاري برزيل، بحث بازي دوستانه ميان تيم ملي اين كشور با ايران در نشست سران سياسي دو كشور مطرح شده بود]
                              There are many question unanswered :

1- Who is this unknown sponsor ?where is he from ?
                              2-Why would he pay close to $3 million ?
                              3-It is said, Brazil has the Braodcasting rights ,...will IRIB pay for us to see the game, or we will not be able to see it live ?
                              4-Why did they say,it would have costed more had the game been in Tehran?
                              5-Is this game a poletical venture, or business one ?
                              6- Why,and how clemente,the head coach of cameroon lobied against IRAN ?
                              7-will this be a cost effective business for the Sponsor ?
                              8-If so, will there be more ?

Comment

Working...
                              X