Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran - Oman

FIRST HALF:

I'm writing this as I watch the game, so I guess it goas according to the game unfolding.

- Under pressure from oman’s C team and we make a million mistakes, turn-overs, and give away balls! I shudder what they’d do against a decent team pressing up in our half!!
    The midfield just incapable of having any effect on the movement of the team. They keep losing the ball and have buckled under the pressing pressure.

- Md. Nouri tried a lot of quick passing, but mostly ended up with Omanis (martin might want to re-think his outlook towards “quick passing at whatever the cost” ). Wonder if it is better to keep possession even if we keep it a moment longer OR give away possession but as long as we do a one-touch passing!! Hmmmm…. .

- Good goal poaching by meydavoudi. Shows he can think out of the box. Although it was against the run of play as Omanis were having the most pressure and came close to scoring against us earlier. And obviously it wasn’t through any team tactic or rehearsed move, for those ppl who love to credit the goal to ppl who don’t deserve.

- The team’s passing got slightly better after minute 30. And thankfully we don’t see a lot of lobbing or hoofing of the ball. But nowhere near enough given the poor quality of the opposition and what’s expected from an asia cup contender.

- Very uni-dimensional tactics, as usual. Hardly any variations in our moves. We get away with this becoz we constantly play weak, piss-poor teams that don’t capitalize on our massive weaknesses. Hence the false sense of security out of 6-7 consecutive wins (where we had only ONE decent opponent)
    This could … hell, WILL create problems for us.

- The second goal ( if not totally the first goal) shd prove to the stubborn ghotbi that mirzapour is NOT suitable for TM. No matter how much ghotbi insists on it. Also our defense has been extremely weak . not only on this goal, but throughout the first half.
    (seeing mirza in the camp while a massively talented and in form Gordan is overlooked reminds me of how TM suffers becoz its coaches are vindictive, cheap and lajbaaz fools )

- Beikzadeh has been abysmal and is definitely NOT the solution to the LB problem. Lots of bad passes and turn overs. He’s even worse than hajsafi.

All in all, a pathetic first half that underlined the team’s lack of tactics. so it is quite foolish and idiotic to rely on a bunch of score-lines against sh*tty opponents and think we're doing fine and the team's improving. it shows how foolish and naive we can be.

- I’m totally against keeping GK’s as captains. Especially since usually refs allow only the caps to talk to them, keeping the cap rooted in one spot, denies our team of this. Sometimes, the cap can talk to the ref and defend his team. We cant expect the keeper to leave the goal and run up field to do this. So instead of stupidly giving the cap armband to the most capped or oldest player, it shd be given to those who have shown “LEADERSHIP” qualities.

===================
    ===================
    SECOND HALF :

Wow!
    Md. Nouri really puts the icing on TM’s cake by getting the red card, when the team is behind!

- Ando’s goal was wonderful. Absolutely loved it. Especially since it was a long ranger. Something that we rarely see in TM. An individual effort nonetheless.

- Yet another mirza blunder! And still some ppl want to justify his inclusion by bringing up the “experience” card. Well … is THIS the experience you’re talking about? lol

- Back to the issue of captaincy. Becoz we don’t have a captain in-field, we see ando trying to object and speak to the ref (who’s been a moron in judgments) and this may end up with another yellow card for him … as he is NOT the captain who’s allowed to speak to the ref.

- With oladi coming in, our attacks have become a bit more purposeful. He hustles and is physically strong. And I think he is combining well with meydavoudi. Would love to see a two forward line up with these two. Will we ? or is ghotbi a one trick pony who’s capable of only ONE tactic & ONE formation ?

Nothing more to say about this pathetic game except all those little kids who got excited with a few meaningless results (since performance wise they've rarely been convincing at all) against pisspoor teams shd wake up and admit this team is going NOWHERE. It doesn’t have proper tactics, no teamwork, no variations … which all point towards the weakness of the coaching staff, who after a year still haven’t been able to implement a proper team tactic or style for the team.

Comment

You have some good points (beside from the usual Nostradamus attitude), but then again in my eyes you are ruining it all by blaming poor Mirzapour for a goal where a striker pops up all alone in front of him. The complete defense messes up and you single out the least responsible player for personal reasons. Very sad.

I personally am very disappointed in Mohammad Nouri. Now he gets one shot and not only he gets a well deserved and stupid red card, additionally he doesn't play a good game. I am afraid he'll not have another cap under Ghotbi ever. He doesn't have a good standing in the current TM and with that performance he decreased his chances of earning playing time to a minimum, which is sad, because he is a good player.

I think after the many wins our players didn't take the opposition seriously enough. Undoubtedly the many changes (7 compared to Bahrain, and then changing central defense in first half due to Aghily's injury with Omranzadeh needing until second half to settle there) also didn't help.

But maybe it was a wakeup call at the right time, to show the players you got to earn wins against any opposition.

The most positive thing was that the team never gave up in a bad situation and made the best out of it. To me a sign the atmosphere in the team is good!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post

I think after the many wins our players didn't take the opposition seriously enough. Undoubtedly the many changes (7 compared to Bahrain, and then changing central defense in first half due to Aghily's injury with Omranzadeh needing until second half to settle there) also didn't help.

But maybe it was a wakeup call at the right time, to show the players you got to earn wins against any opposition.

The most positive thing was that the team never gave up in a bad situation and made the best out of it. To me a sign the atmosphere in the team is good!
        I also think, this is the correct way to look at it......
        This new line up, probably had never before played with eachother as a team.......that should explain the initial disoriantaion......
        Tm played good while playing only with 10 players......
        The one touch passing, and faster exchanges, are a welcome new developement.

Comment

^^ lol. "nostradamus" ??? what was that all about?

- my point was to only reiterate how unsuitable mirza is.
          I didnt say the defense did their work, or mirza was the only faulty party. in fact I did point it out too.

- those 7 wins ( except the skorea ) arent worth the paper they're written on. this is the false sense of security we create for ourselves ... until we hit a wall, face first and wake up too late ... only THEN, look for remedies or culprits!!!
          why shd we always fool ourselves till it's too late? then it's "nooshdaroo pas az marg-e sohrab" all over again.

- ashoubi was almost non-existent throughout the game.
          this also reinforces the belief of ghotbi's "khodemooni" attitude in calling "his gang" (like hadi nowroozi, ashoubi, .. ) when we have more deserving players in Iran.
          Zob's hadadifard is heads and shoulders superior to ashoubi and hopefully he will get the call after zob's asian champs win

Comment

This match had vestiges of that AC 2004 match with Oman, when Iran went down 2 goals (but very luckily no man down) and still managed to equalize at the last second with Nosrati's back-header. It seems (Mirzapour + Oman) combo is recipe' for near disaster. Doc, by the way today there was no Mobali-Aghili factor to score goals for Iran, that was a big change.

Interesting statistic: Mirza is the current goal keeper of Peykan and in 9 league games they have received 20 goals with a gd of -10 which is the worst in the season so far.
            sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Dr. Doom, thanks for clearification about Mirzapour. I guess barely anyone thinks Mirzapour is a good keeper, but to be fair, he is roughly on the same level as the other alternatives, such as Haghighi or Gordan, so no wonder a bad keeper is being our reserve keeper.

You are right when you say those 7 wins in a row are overrated by many. But when you stay unimpressed and cool in regards to the positive issues such as this winning streak, why don't you show such coolness when worse results and worse performances occur? I think instead of calming down reactions a bit (regardless if it's enthusiasm or pessimism), you always rate things more negative as they are. In my opinion a bit more positivity, especially after bad games, would suit you.

Comment

Martin jaan, I defenitely rank Gordan way above Mirza. My guess is Ghotbi wants Mirza in the squad as some sort of spiritual company reminding him of the usually good team times such as AG 2002, AC 2004, or even WCQ '06.
                sigpic

Comment

On the matter of today's line up

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM
                  I wish ppl wouldnt make an issue of "this is TM reserves, that is main player, this is ..."

these are all TM players who incidentally have been playing under ghotbi for a long time. so there is no difference between the oman roster and bahrain roster.

ansarifard IS one of our main strikers
                  so is omranzadeh.
                  so is zeneiedpour, as ghotbi has shown he likes him a lot, even if he doesnt perform well.
                  ashoui is another ghotbi favorite.

so in YOUR eyes they may be the reserves. but in ghotbi's eyes, they are his main players who are called up to his TM camps all the time.

why did I bring this up is that ppl excuse this abysmal, amateurish performance by saying "reserves".
                  BULLOCKS.
                  these are always in ghotbi's TM camps and they shd be able to show his tactics, his preferred style and teamwork.

the problem is not the "reserves" team. it is that the WHOLE TEAM doesnt have any tactics, no style and no teamwork.
                  we rarely see rehearsed moves or tactical variation or change of rhythm or momentum in the team NO MATTER WHO PLAYS ON THE PITCH.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                    Doc, by the way today there was no Mobali-Aghili factor to score goals for Iran, that was a big change.

Interesting statistic: Mirza is the current goal keeper of Peykan and in 9 league games they have received 20 goals with a gd of -10 which is the worst in the season so far.
                    1- I really doubt even with these two, we'd have done any better. the whole team was a disaster and I just dont think inclusions of a couple of different players would have changed matter by much.

btw, if you ask me, I'd have rather see a different defense line up tried .. in case one of our (I mean ghotbi's ) main players get suspended or injured. either aghili or hosseini.
                    and funnily it happened.

2- mirza REALLY doesnt have much speaking for him or justifying his inclusion. neither this season, nor last one.
                    and I just dont agree with the excuse of "experience".
                    an experienced player wouldnt make the kind of mistakes mirza makes. so the only thin brought up in his favor is actually ABSENT in his game.
                    so why is he there, instead of Gordan (aside from zob's games) or haghighi ?
                    (dear martin, plz tell me you were joking slotting mirza on the same level as gordan. I think the disparity is extremely apparent)

anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                      Martin jaan, I defenitely rank Gordan way above Mirza. My guess is Ghotbi wants Mirza in the squad as some sort of spiritual company reminding him of the usually good team times such as AG 2002, AC 2004, or even WCQ '06.
                      Most rate him higher, but I claim it's only because people don't have seen Gordan play as often as Mirzapour. Gordan has some horrible scenes, there was one in ACL where he misjudged a cross so bad, that he reminded me of a Swaziland reserve keeper. You don't see such scenes from bad keepers like Mirzapour even.

Comment

Dr. Doom, thanks for clearification about Mirzapour. I guess barely anyone thinks Mirzapour is a good keeper, but to be fair, he is roughly on the same level as the other alternatives, such as Haghighi or Gordan, so no wonder a bad keeper is being our reserve keeper.

You are right when you say those 7 wins in a row are overrated by many. But when you stay unimpressed and cool in regards to the positive issues such as this winning streak, why don't you show such coolness when worse results and worse performances occur? I think instead of calming down reactions a bit (regardless if it's enthusiasm or pessimism), you always rate things more negative as they are. In my opinion a bit more positivity, especially after bad games, would suit you.

1- dear martin, plz tell me you were joking slotting mirza on the same level as gordan. I think the disparity is extremely apparent
                        these two are almost incomparable.

2- I agree I am critical. but am not critical just for the sake of being critical. it's critical so our fans know there are plenty of issues not talked about or covered when we close our eyes and only look at the score-board.
                        issues that have ALWAYS, hurt us in crucial games that mattered the most to us.

besides, I think there are (more than) enough ppl jumping up and clapping and cheering and celebrating every little positive they could find (often with a microscope) ... so another guy added to the chorus wouldnt make much of a difference anyway.

Most rate him higher,.............
                        hmmm .... I wonder who are this "most".
                        and where are they.
                        coz even in iran's sports papers we hardly see ANYone putting mirza on par with gordan, let alone rating him higher

Comment

Most rate him higher, but I claim it's only because people don't have seen Gordan play as often as Mirzapour. Gordan has some horrible scenes, there was one in ACL where he misjudged a cross so bad, that he reminded me of a Swaziland reserve keeper. You don't see such scenes from bad keepers like Mirzapour even.
                          Mirza is just bad news. Iran needs to move forward and stop looking back. We are talking about putting Branko's #1 keeper in the new Iran team; it just feels like a bolt that does not belong to the engine. There are much better younger goal keepers in Iran right now which could have been used in this tournament, I think one from Pas Hamedan deserves a call up.
                          sigpic

Comment

^ I think if we are fair , rahmati deserves the top slot.
                            and gordan certainly is a close second to him.
                            as for the third choice, since such players hardly get to play in official games, it shd go to a young talent, who has a future for upcoming WC's.
                            be it aghili or others I cant care much at the moment.

Comment

It proved that the whole team is on Noori-Ando-Aghili-Hosseini-Rahamti combo by preventing any ball passes the goal line. There was no offensive tactic from day one to begin with. So, when you bench most of them and another one gets injured, what happens? Easy, you have no team.

I guess every one saw that Khosro Heidari's style of playing belongs to 70s. And he is the worst defender ever played in Iranian jersey. Even worse than Ostad-Asadi. Some one tells this guy "JIGAR, you gotta stand between the player and the goal when you defend.", it's a simple rule even my aunt knows. Look at the first goal by Omanis.

Mirzapour, oh Mirzapour, should I start talking about him? My time worth more to talk about this guy.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X