IRAN vs IRAQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRAN vs IRAQ

I have liked the IRAQ team much better than any Arab teams......
    Although, friday will be the only day,I will not wish them well !!

With IRAQ, the Midfield will be the key...and fortunetly, Ghotbi also believes in Midfield dominance !!....
    The ares of concern will be the replacement for Aghili, and Hajsafi......,
    Thanks God, for Nosrati.....as he is " ACHAR FARANCE ", and can replace any one on the deffensive side.
    For the first time, in a long time, our forwards, are the strong side of TM.
    Gholami, Rezaie,Oladi,Maydavoodi,Ansarifard,should be more than sufficient.

I predict it'll be a tough match, at the end 3-1 for Iran.

The boys should watch out not to pick up more injuries.
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

im worried about the defense.
      Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

I fear the brazil game is becoming as much as a nuisance as a great opportunity. I fear players start to take things easy and try to save their legs for this game. And I fear this may force them to do silly, stupid things (like getting a red card or pretending to be injured to avoid the waff games).

I guess the Iraq game will tell us what our lads think.

bahram jan, nosrati's ideal post is central defense. this is where he delivers his maximum potential.
        he also does well on the right side.

but as a left back, he is not good. yes, he might get lucky with a cross that is so off the mark that actually lands inside the net .... instead of anywhere near its target; one of our forwards.
        but that is what that is: pure, unadultrated luck.

if we want to make something of our defense for asia cup (screw the brazil game), I say we better start looking beyond the likes of hajsafi, beikzadeh and nosrati.
        I still say ashjari is good enough (better than these 3, above) to be in the final 18. so is zob's mohamadpour.

Comment

We all have for far too long known that TM defense needs foundemental changes......
          the left side problem has been draging along without solution for far too long
          The Central defense, while no other option has presented itself, yet, is way too weak,specialy when they have consistantly failed to have the first touch on crosses .
          And the right side,appears,that Haydari,is not what everyone wished he would be.
          .................................................. ..............................................

All, said, it woulld very stupid, for such defense, not to have Nosrati,as insurance........while he is not great at any particular position, yet, he is the most versetile,multydymentional, defender, TM has ever had in its intire history......
          " A perfect secound option " !!

.................................................. ...........................................

As far as sponsorship........My " Jaani Daaller " sence says, the sponsor is an Iranian....!!!

1- The game is said to have initialy offered to Turky .
          2-It is for the benefit of Iranians.
          3-The fact,that they are not saying who the sponsor is, in itself, sounds like an Iranian sponsor.

The Sponsor, may very well be some one like Hedayati, with Lots of money, and Football, and " Sepaah " connections.

Last edited by zzgloo; 10-01-2010, 06:36 AM.

Comment

FIRST HALF:

Some points on this half –

1- The Iraqis have argetted the center of our defense as they keep pumping balls right in the middle of hosseini and omranzadeh. And this resulted in two very dangerous one on ones with rahmati. And rahmati saved our arses on both occasions.
            I say bad marking on the part of hosseini, omranzadeh is the source of this.

They kept at it and kept sending balls in that zone and while there was no more one on ones, but still we didn’t exactly corrected this problem.

2- Maydavoudi is played as the left wing and that has drastically reduced his potency!

3- Three Mobaali crosses created three 99% chances for our headers (nosrati and omranzadeh), one of which hit the bar, the second came very close and another was cleared off the line.

But after the first 20-25 minutes the pace of the game dropped and it was pretty boring after that

Comment

SECOND HALF

- Unfair treatment of maydavoudi. Ghotbi puts him in the wrong post and expects him to have an impact on the game. And becoz of ghotbi’s mistake, maydavoudi is subbed when he could have been pushed up as two man forward line.

- Iran's goal - another mobaali cross and this time we score. looks like the old saying: if at first you dont succeed, you try and try again

- One more one on one with rahmati right in the hole between hosseini and omranzadeh!

These two are not coordinated and this shd have been evident to the coach and during the half he shd have told/coached these two on this issue. But we still see this persisting … which speaks about the level coaching.

- I LOVED zeneidpour’s volley shot. Just loved it. Even if it didn’t go in.
              I think we shd do more of these. Our players should take more “sar-e zarb” shots and not fiddle with the ball in the opponent 18.

- Iraqi goal. and surprise surprise! It came through a scene we’ve seen at least 8-9 times during the game (but apparently the coach doesn’t see this!!). this is just a repeat of the other chances we gave Iraq by not marking their men and allowing such a space between the two central defenders.
              again the old saying of "if at first you dont succeed, you try and try again" comes to mind.

Shouldn’t the coach note this and attend to it during the half? Whose job is it? What’s the use of the coach during the half except addressing all the weaknesses of the team during the break?

- Oladi’s subbing. Our forwards are the victims of the wrong system in the team. And instead of correcting the formation, we change individuals! Very much a reflection of our football where the management and higher ups are responsible for poor system and state of football, but with each loss, we change coaches and players!!!

But I’m happy to see gholami in. he is another bright prospect.

- Iran’s second goal- absolutely loved it. Especially becoz it was another “sar-e zarb” shot by gholami, who didn’t waste time and try to trap the ball and shift to favorite foot or … etc etc etc . he just took the shot immediately. First class shot. I’m very impressed by gholami and hope to see more of him.

- Khosro heidari ought to work on his shooting and scoring. Sometimes he gets into lovely positions, but is unable to pick the right shot or score.

Speaking of heidari, I must add he is not at his fantastic form and level of last season, but during the league his game has improved, after a very bad start at sepahan. Hopefully he’ll be back to his old form soon.

this game was funny in a way that we repeatedly saw certain moves again and again. be it our goal or iraq's goal. and somehow neither coach found a way to prevent them!!!
              from a coach who wants to win the asia cup, it shd be the first thing he attends to ... and yet we saw the same dangerous occasion again and again, until we concede!!

a more precise team with slightly better marksmanship would have beaten us 4-2 .
              iraqis had less shots on goal, but the few chances they had, were extremely dangerous.

seems like ghotbi's luck still holds

Comment

I just saw the last 20 mins. Could you give some player ratings and an overall impression of our team.

Comment

I think this hole in Iran's defence could be remedied with Nekounam back in the lineup. I recall back in the day Kameli-Mofrad used to do a great job of man marking and closing gaps in the area without being yellow or red carded, that's why Branko used to play him so much despite lack of offensive abilities.
                  sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

ratings and player comments please guys
                    Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                      I think this hole in Iran's defence could be remedied with Nekounam back in the lineup. I recall back in the day Kameli-Mofrad used to do a great job of man marking and closing gaps in the area without being yellow or red carded, that's why Branko used to play him so much despite lack of offensive abilities.

bro, today's hole was in between the central defenders. mostly due to lack of coordination between omranzadeh and hosseini.

but your solution of using nekounam as the plug I must say, baradar-e man, if nekounam covers his own zone and mark his man, ma kheili khosh-hal mishim ... baghiyeh-ash peesh-keshesh.

what weakness neku has been showing is he stops following his mark and fails to cover the zone in FRONT of the 2 central defense. usually the zone that many attacking midfielders pop up and either score goals or create danger!!!

as for player ratings I guess it is subjective but I'll give it a shot (out of 10)

1- rahmati (9) --- for his marvelous one on one saves. otherwise we'd have lost by more than 2 goals

2- hosseini (7) --- scored and did his usual stuff. but wasnt coordinated w omranzadeh
                      3- omranzadeh (6) --- incoordination ... etc
                      4- hajsafi (6) ---
                      5- nosrati (7) --- showed more attacking flair as RB.

6- heidari (6) --- he's had better days, but he's coming back. he shd work on his shots and scoring
                      7- ando (7) --- work horse and a lot of running as usual
                      8- P. Nouri (6) --- had more defensive duties than ando but still did well
                      9- mobaali (7) --- plenty of great crosses and an assist. but still shd do more in feeding on the ground and through passing
                      10- meydavoudi (5) --- wrong position for him. so no surprise
                      11- zeneiedpour (6) --- lovely shot. a few crosses and some offensive moves

12- Oladi (6) --- lots of running, very active in defense from up front, sadly our formation screws our strikers
                      13- Gholami (7) --- lovely goal. too little play time though. great potential

mind you, I've been very generous in the rating. coz if you bring in factors like teamwork, combination and tactics, then you must reduce 1 or 2 from each player except rahmati

Comment

another lucky game by TM if you ask me, happy with the result but ONLY if we learn from our mistakes, otherwise this game was only good for record books. another team with more experience would have ride our a$$ all game long.
                        IRI = FAILED

Comment

was this iraq's 1st team?
                          Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Carbon copy of previous games. Solid in defense and sloppy in offense.

Again, it showed that how crucial Nouri-Ando combo is for our team. The goal was lose of concentration by Omran-zadeh for a moment.

Aside of dead balls, Mobali is non-existence. The golden question is whether we can afford to keep him for the sake of dead-balls? I would bench Heidari as well. His flashy appearance in the right flank is not convincing me to be in starting 11. Maybe as a sub, he can help in the last 20 min. Omranzadeh, is just a good sub, nothing more. We missed Aghili. Nosrati is just good enough. Nothing flashy about him. The three forwards we used today, were ordinary, nothing special about them.

The point is, we can not even have a simple combo passes to initiate a complex attack. The whole attack is getting the ball to the flanks and ask them to do some thing with the damn ball, either cross it, dribble, pass back or lose it there. No tactic, no plan. I don't expect such a physical team can do a better job any way.

That's about it. Defend from the midfield and wait for a dead-ball, opponent mistake or luck to score. That's the story of Qotbi's team. Last game against Oman, he benched Nouri-Ando and he was punished.

Cheers,

Comment

^salamon alaikom hajagha

i think its the silly formation.
                              Humanity. Love. Earth.

Comment

Working...
                              X