IRAN - BRAZIL B team - discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
    Please not! Do you know what this Dutch team would do to Iran?! I will never be able to show my face in the streets again after the match lol
    They totally raped Sweden on Tuesday. Sweden didn't even create 1 decent chance.
    Again you are comparing linearly!!! The Dutch crushing Sweden does not say a definitive thing about how they might perform against Iran, because every match's opponents and conditions are different. For example when Germany beat Argentina 4-0 in the WC 2010 people were forecasting that Germany would easily beat Spain, since Spain had only pulled off a 1-0 against Paraguay at the same stage of the tournament. In reality things turned out very different. Also note that Iran for another thing tends to play better against stronger teams because of the respect we have for them so the players usually put in 110% of effort. All said, the buttomline is, the stronger opponents we play with, the more progress tactically, mentally, and physically we can have eventhough there could be heavier defeats. Don't hide the problems, rather face and solve them as soon as possible! You can sweep things under the carpet only for so long.....

By the way anyone seen maij these days? Did he get banned or something??
    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Brazil's squad against Argentina announced. Very similar squad apart from Ronaldinho returning, so much about B team against Iran bullshit...

Brazil squad

Goalkeepers: Victor (Gremio), Jefferson (Botafogo), Neto (Atletico-Paranaense)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Andre Santos (Fenerbahce), Rafael (Manchester United), Adriano Correia (Barcelona), Alex (Chelsea), David Luiz (Benfica), Rever (Atletico-Mineiro), Thiago Silva (AC Milan)

Midfielders: Elias, Jucilei (both Corinthians), Douglas (Gremio), Lucas (Liverpool), Philippe Coutinho (Inter Milan), Ronaldinho (AC Milan), Ramires (Chelsea), Sandro (Tottenham Hotspur)

Forwards: Alexandre Pato, Robinho (both AC Milan), Neymar (Santos), Andre (Dynamo Kiev)

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        Brazil's squad against Argentina announced. Very similar squad apart from Ronaldinho returning, so much about B team against Iran bullshit...

Brazil squad

Goalkeepers: Victor (Gremio), Jefferson (Botafogo), Neto (Atletico-Paranaense)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Andre Santos (Fenerbahce), Rafael (Manchester United), Adriano Correia (Barcelona), Alex (Chelsea), David Luiz (Benfica), Rever (Atletico-Mineiro), Thiago Silva (AC Milan)

Midfielders: Elias, Jucilei (both Corinthians), Douglas (Gremio), Lucas (Liverpool), Philippe Coutinho (Inter Milan), Ronaldinho (AC Milan), Ramires (Chelsea), Sandro (Tottenham Hotspur)

Forwards: Alexandre Pato, Robinho (both AC Milan), Neymar (Santos), Andre (Dynamo Kiev)
        So true, and once Ghotbi is gone the perennial complainers change. Reminds me of when people overthrew the Shah, but after the revolution missed him.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
          Again you are comparing linearly!!! The Dutch crushing Sweden does not say a definitive thing about how they might perform against Iran, because every match's opponents and conditions are different. For example when Germany beat Argentina 4-0 in the WC 2010 people were forecasting that Germany would easily beat Spain, since Spain had only pulled off a 1-0 against Paraguay at the same stage of the tournament. In reality things turned out very different. Also note that Iran for another thing tends to play better against stronger teams because of the respect we have for them so the players usually put in 110% of effort. All said, the buttomline is, the stronger opponents we play with, the more progress tactically, mentally, and physically we can have eventhough there could be heavier defeats. Don't hide the problems, rather face and solve them as soon as possible! You can sweep things under the carpet only for so long.....
          By the way anyone seen maij these days? Did he get banned or something??
          I did not mean to say that only because the Dutch beat Sweden like that that they will do the same to Iran. Yeah perhaps they will not score 4 against us, but knowing Dutch football in terms to dominance and fast one touch combinations (which TM has big problems with) they will totally crush us in all departments. It will be a one way sided traffic all game long.

ps: it was more of a joke what I said. Do you think I would actually say "no" if a friendly between Holland and Iran was about to happen? It's a once in a lifetime chance and I would definitely not decline the offer, even if it means TM getting swapped by 2-3 goals or more.
          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
            I did not mean to say that only because the Dutch beat Sweden like that that they will do the same to Iran. Yeah perhaps they will not score 4 against us, but knowing Dutch football in terms to dominance and fast one touch combinations (which TM has big problems with) they will totally crush us in all departments. It will be a one way sided traffic all game long.
            ps: it was more of a joke what I said. Do you think I would actually say "no" if a friendly between Holland and Iran was about to happen? It's a once in a lifetime chance and I would definitely not decline the offer, even if it means TM getting swapped by 2-3 goals or more.
            You guys living in Holland may have a good chance to have an effect... imagine if for instance you became someone famous and respected, like a mayor or doctor and found important connections that can help arrange friendlies for team-melli or have some footballers transferred to the Dutch clubs. It really is like that in many countries... people wanting to do things. I am saying this because unlike you I live in a hostile country (USA - think of the US marines in a shopping mall finding out your national origin, they are going to say verbal attacks. The same mentality goes higher up the system here). But Europe is in general friendlier, so you have opportunities to progress positively there.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X