The "Be positive" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Be positive" thread

Getting sick of too many people obviously frustrated with their lives, needing TM and coach bashing as a kind of hobby to make themselves feel better, I want to introduce the "be positive" thread.

Replies here shall only be about positive things that make you optimistic about TM and Iranian football. It is here for being one-sided, there is no wish for balance.

There are thousands of other threads were the factual and made up negative things can be let out, this shall be an island of positiveness.

Let me start about Iran's offense. We create numerous chances in every match, and we scored at least one goal in every game this year, unfortunately the correct one against Brazil was denied.

I think we are very creative upfront and have players who can get past any defense.

I also like our defense, as we regularily keep a clean sheet now. With Hosseini, Aghily and Nosrati we have three acceptable central defenders.

Comment

- we have a string of 8 victories and have lost only twice.

- we finally played brazil

- zob ahan brought pride and respect for iranian football with their fantastic exploits in the ACL. and most importantly, they proved Iranian players CAN be tactical, CAN adapt to strategies and CAN raise their game beyond the normal standards of IPL.

- Gholami is brought into TM, who could develop into a great striker with a little work by him and his coaches.
      he also scored a goal against brazil.

- rahmati showed to the whole world (brazil game was covered by many int'l TV stations) he is a world class keeper

Comment

^ Wow, when I saw you replied I expected the worst, but actually you can indeed be positive, I am positively surprised.

Comment

Hahahah MR you open a thread about being positive and the first sentence of both your post are negative, lol. Maybe you should read the your own post first :P

seems like Hosseini has had a hair transplant operation. Apparently Iran in pretty good in it, and that makes the future look a bit brighter for people who suffer from hair loss

Comment

^ lol.

now if only we could get some (well .. most ) of pejman's and ando's hair and transplant it on hosseini, we'd be all set to go

but seriously. those two REALLY need to cut their hair.
            it's not even fashionable anymore, if that was their excuse

Comment

Besides the facts that are mentioned, I think we have a very large selection of players who have international exp. If all of them will be invited for AC is a different thing though.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                ^ Wow, when I saw you replied I expected the worst, but actually you can indeed be positive, I am positively surprised.

yup. NOW we're all set for victory over the world.
                I guess NOW the team will not repeat any mistakes & all its problems are solved .... and will go on to beat the living crap out of skorea, aussies, japan and 8-0ers and finally lift the trophy over our heads.

Comment

i am probably the most positive about TM since 2006!

then again, my expectations fro our football is always low.

But i think we have a good depth and our squad and we our football has improved as a whole. I think a semi final berth is a realistic target for our current team in the asian cup

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                    yup. NOW we're all set for victory over the world.
                    I guess NOW the team will not repeat any mistakes & all its problems are solved .... and will go on to beat the living crap out of skorea, aussies, japan and 8-0ers and finally lift the trophy over our heads.
                    ^ If Iran passes the quarter final versus SKorea or Australia, What is nearly sure is that team melli will play either Japan or Saudi Arabia in the semi finals. Look at the knock out stage schedule on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_AFC_Asian_Cup -- I think Japan and SKorea won't be as strong as when playing in the East Asian territory. Not to underestimate them, but this could be a "positive" prospect.

By the way Bahrain yesterday beat Kuwait 3-1 in a friendly. The same Kuwait that won the WAFF just a few days ago.
                    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      - we have a string of 8 victories and have lost only twice.
                      - we finally played brazil
                      - zob ahan brought pride and respect for iranian football with their fantastic exploits in the ACL. and most importantly, they proved Iranian players CAN be tactical, CAN adapt to strategies and CAN raise their game beyond the normal standards of IPL.
                      - Gholami is brought into TM, who could develop into a great striker with a little work by him and his coaches.
                      he also scored a goal against brazil.
                      - rahmati showed to the whole world (brazil game was covered by many int'l TV stations) he is a world class keeper
                      the game was also shown here in mexico too, on espn 2 deportes
                      IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                        ^ If Iran passes the quarter final versus SKorea or Australia, What is nearly sure is that team melli will play either Japan or Saudi Arabia in the semi finals. Look at the knock out stage schedule on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_AFC_Asian_Cup -- I think Japan and SKorea won't be as strong as when playing in the East Asian territory. Not to underestimate them, but this could be a "positive" prospect.
                        By the way Bahrain yesterday beat Kuwait 3-1 in a friendly. The same Kuwait that won the WAFF just a few days ago.

even if japan may not be as strong (cant really agree with this), I'd still rather see saudi than japan play us.
                        that is IF we get past skorea or australia ... which means we've hopefully gone past iraq, nkorea and uae.

Comment

Loving this "B Positive" project MR jaan, good job!

It was delightful to see TM playing a world class and globally most fancied team "Brazil" , for many of us such match was like a dream come true.

Seems like TM is finding its way back to scoring goals on the opponents, Khalatbari, Gholami, Gholamreza Rezaei, Maydavoudi and a few other strikers all look promising and in form, hopefully they'll score some sexy goals in AC as well!

For the first time after a long time IFF seems to care a bit more about football and try to arrange some good friendlies and support TM and its coach!

Rahmati in the net, is a huge blessing and we should all be thankful to have such world class GK as a goalie!

Comment

We have the best team under the current circumstances. i expected much worse than this. This team has a character and it is their defensive superiority. I don't think we can have a better team than this considering current players in Iran.

Cheers

Comment

[precisely Haji.

be ghole maroof : Haminesham Az Saremoon Ziade.

I expected a mess of a team but this team is actually solid

Comment

Working...
                              X