No announcement yet.

The "Be positive" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in agreement with Hadi and haji ...100%..

The major problem with overwhelming negativities, are bunch of youth,living in European American countries, watching top football on TV,and listening to forign players and understanding them with thier knowldge of English or other languages.....thier expectations are way out of reality, and out of historical, cultural geographical bounderies of Iranian football....

within, central, and western Asia, IRANIAN Football, and its richness ,and massive number of talents, is indeed unique......so are our FANS, who may be in top 3 to 4 in the whole world......

Our Futsal is magic......for some reason, it is not admired and charished as it should be in IRAN,
    , and considering termoils in the poletical system, and huge problems, our football is envy of nighbors.......
    The main reason, Arab countries, do a lot of waisting time, and droping downs, and unsportmanships, ...is that, within thier minds, they are playing " Brazil " !!, a very powerful football nation....and being a goal ahead, is something to charish,and huge accumplishment.....,something they feel they need to hold on to with all costs...because it may never come again.
    Last edited by zzgloo; 10-10-2010, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Doc, Iran has a history of losing Asian Cup semi finals to Saudi Arabia in 1984, 1988, and 1996. All three tournaments KSA became the champions. I prefer to get Japan in the semi-final (should we get there).

zz jaan one comment on your posts. Mate you don't need to insert so many commas in them, it really makes hard to read what you have written! Also you don't need a comma after "!" or "..."

You do however need a space between each punctuation mark (comma, ..., etc.) and the first letter of the next word.
      sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

We have one of the best looking national teams - we made Brazil look like a bunch of snakes.
        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
          zz jaan one comment on your posts. Mate you don't need to insert so many commas in them, it really makes hard to read what you have written! Also you don't need a comma after "!" or "..."
          You do however need a space between each punctuation mark (comma, ..., etc.) and the first letter of the next word.
          Thanks...I will do my best to remeber those.....
          I did not learn English in Class rooms.........but I will try to do better next time....
          remember, No one writes perfect here, and the objective is only , to make sence.
          By the way, you had no comment on the content of my post ? only the punctuations ?
          Last edited by zzgloo; 10-10-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
            T
            remember, No one writes perfect here,
            PERFECT , PERFECT, PERFECT! How about that

Comment

Bahram joon, bi khial amoo.
              what "way out of reality expectations"???
              where did you get that one from?

- is it way out of reality to expect a coach who sees himself fit to lead a senior national squad (very different from club standards), to notice his choice and insistence on WRONG players for a post is simply wrong and destructive?

- is it way out of reality to expect a player who has supposedly played many seasons in the world's best league, to do simple tasks like marking his man?

- is it way out of reality to expect a player who's played in la liga to know when and where to dribble and that there are other things to do too?

- is it way out of reality to expect the coach to have assigned players and duties, so when a free kick comes up we dont behave like little children, not knowing who to do what and in need of getting permission?

- is it way out of reality to expect a coach to value FORM and PERFORMANCE of players in selecting his squad, instead of their name, fame or where they play?

- is it way out of reality to expect a semblance of tactics after a year and half of a coach's tenure? (proper tactics saresh ro bekhoreh )

- is it way out of reality to expect the coach to have even a little foresight and be prepared for ill-timed injuries and suspensions of his main players?

- is it way out of reality to expect the coach to have a plan B in case his plan A (whatever it may be, coz I dont even see a plan A, ffs!!!) doesnt bear fruit or is neutralized?

- is it way out of reality to expect the coach to have impartiality, be one who keeps personal stuff outside his decision makings?

- and most importantly, is it way out of reality to expect the team/coach not to REPEATEDLY make THE SAME MISTAKES (irrespective of us facing kuwait's C team or brazil, bahrains' reserves or south korea) , game after game, month after month?

and many other issues that I think it is within ANY fan's rights to expect from his nat'l team and coach.

bahram jan, even teams like Guam and Maldives have the right to expect such things. becoz these are BASIC matters in football. nothing so luxurious that only the top echelon of the football world can afford & possess.

those "way out of reality expectations"could be expecting to beat brazil and arg and holland and ... , or play like them or have players perform like messi and xavi and schneider.
              is there anyone on this board who expects this kind of stuff?
              NO.

Comment

What happened to the "positive" thread?

I thought, it doesn't matter what we think and if we think that our thought is the "fact". WE SIMPLY DO NOT BRING THEM HERE in this thread.

Well, nothing's prfect except haji.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                  Bahram joon, bi khial amoo.
                  what "way out of reality expectations"???
                  where did you get that one from?

- is it way out of reality to expect a coach who sees himself fit to lead a senior national squad (very different from club standards), to notice his choice and insistence on WRONG players for a post is simply wrong and destructive?

- is it way out of reality to expect a player who has supposedly played many seasons in the world's best league, to do simple tasks like marking his man?

- is it way out of reality to expect a player who's played in la liga to know when and where to dribble and that there are other things to do too?

- is it way out of reality to expect the coach to have assigned players and duties, so when a free kick comes up we dont behave like little children, not knowing who to do what and in need of getting permission?

- is it way out of reality to expect a coach to value FORM and PERFORMANCE of players in selecting his squad, instead of their name, fame or where they play?

- is it way out of reality to expect a semblance of tactics after a year and half of a coach's tenure? (proper tactics saresh ro bekhoreh )

- is it way out of reality to expect the coach to have even a little foresight and be prepared for ill-timed injuries and suspensions of his main players?

- is it way out of reality to expect the coach to have a plan B in case his plan A (whatever it may be, coz I dont even see a plan A, ffs!!!) doesnt bear fruit or is neutralized?

- is it way out of reality to expect the coach to have impartiality, be one who keeps personal stuff outside his decision makings?

- and most importantly, is it way out of reality to expect the team/coach not to REPEATEDLY make THE SAME MISTAKES (irrespective of us facing kuwait's C team or brazil, bahrains' reserves or south korea) , game after game, month after month?

and many other issues that I think it is within ANY fan's rights to expect from his nat'l team and coach.

bahram jan, even teams like Guam and Maldives have the right to expect such things. becoz these are BASIC matters in football. nothing so luxurious that only the top echelon of the football world can afford & possess.

those "way out of reality expectations"could be expecting to beat brazil and arg and holland and ... , or play like them or have players perform like messi and xavi and schneider.
                  is there anyone on this board who expects this kind of stuff?
                  NO.
                  If you believe all those expectations are valid,then you are expecting too much.........
                  In your mind, these are all small expectations, and easily corrected......
                  but in fact, it may take generations to correct them.......
                  games and plays of Europeans / south americans may come trivial to you.....and coaching even more........but it is not that easy......
                  The level of education of players,
                  The level of thier psycological heath,
                  The level of thier intelegence,
                  The level of the league they had played in,
                  The level of coaches they had played under,
                  the level of thier civilization/Coachability/listening skills/team work/work ethics/etc,etc,etc etc,etc
                  ......contributes so much, that what is on paper, may take generations to come to the filed......
                  That is why, they should only be compared with countries with same contributing variables......
                  other wise......, it is that unrealistic , forign living, ( Biroon e God ), youth expectations.
                  Last edited by zzgloo; 10-10-2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

If you believe all those expectations are valid,then you are expecting too much.........
                    In your mind, these are all small expectations, and easily corrected......
                    but in fact, it may take generations to correct them.......
                    games and plays of Europeans / south americans may come trivial to you.....and coaching even more........but it is not that easy......
                    The level of education of players,
                    The level of thier psycological heath,
                    The level of thier intelegence,
                    The level of the league they had played in,
                    The level of coaches they had played under,
                    the level of thier civilization/Coachability/listening skills/team work/work ethics/etc,etc,etc etc,etc
                    ......contributes so much, that what is on paper, may take generations to come to the filed......
                    That is why, they should only be compared with countries with same contributing variables......
                    other wise......, it is that unrealistic , forign living, ( Biroon e God ), youth expectations.

Not only I think those are valid expectations, but also that they are SIMPLE & BASIC ones that any fan in any country can expect.
                    - It takes generations to understand hajsai and players like him are not suited for LB?
                    - It takes generations to understand a team needs a plan B?
                    - it takes generations to choose players based on their present form and abilities?
                    - it takes generations to get nekounam to mark his man?
                    - It takes generations to tell shojaei don’t unnecessarily try to dribble or do fancy stuff if you can do it in a simple fashion?
                    - It takes generations to not bring in personal matters into the team?
                    - It takes …?
                    really?
                    it takes generations to understand such simple things?

lol. I feel like I’m in a twilight zone episode!!!

Otherwise, basically you are saying we shdnt even expect basic fundamentals from our football and the ppl in it, right?

So it must a miracle to see 11 individuals walk onto the pitch (instead of 35).
                    And it must be great to see only 1 ball on the pitch instead of 8. Coz having 11 players and 1 ball is another BASIC aspect of football.
                    And shd we get all this correct, we shd announce national holidays if we have ONE of those 11 ppl to wear gloves and stand under some rectangular structure with some fishing net plastered to it!
                    And if the other 10 players don’t pick up the ball with their hands, we must award them national awards for super-intelligent individuals. Becoz if this happens, we obviously would have surpassed all expectations.

How far we go to cover for our favorite coaches!!!

Bahram jan, nobody is asking for upheaval of our culture or transformation of the society or … !
                    I doubt you even read what I wrote to think any of that is difficult. I seriously doubt it.

Comment

Lisa Simpson: Can you gentlemen teach me some strategies in baseball?
                      Moe: I know that everything manger does is wrong.

Well, I guess it's said what it should be said.

Comment

Thanks... I will do my best to remember those. I did not learn English in classrooms, but I will try to do better next time. Remember, no-one writes perfectly here, and the objective is only to make sense. By the way, you had no comment on the content of my post? Only the punctuations?
                        zz jaan, above I have modified what you had written, and certainly you could do the comparison yourself to see the changed details. I always appreciate the content of what you write here... but as a confession, over the past few years I find myself not reading certain of the posts carefully, because of the punctuation and spelling issues.
                        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

thanks for this thread Martin.

I see a "fighting spirit" in the team and willingness to run! Thats to me very positive and something missing since end 90ies in TM..
                          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Here's a positive note:

Qotbi will be gone after the AC

(Sorry that was the first thing that came into my mind when thinking abut the post-AC era ).
                            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Team Melli at Asia Cup will be mighty once the Zob Ahan players join in Khalatbari, Hadadifar, Rajabzadeh, M.Hosseini and hopefully Gordan, all these great players + Zandi + Karimi + Aghili + Gh.Rezaei.

Team Melli historically has always reached semi-finals in Asia Cup hosted in Middle East countries(ie. AC Kuwait 1980, AC Qatar 1988, AC UAE 1996) apart from Lebanon 2000 and ofcourse 1968 & 1976 in Iran(did better Champions)

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                                zz jaan, above I have modified what you had written, and certainly you could do the comparison yourself to see the changed details. I always appreciate the content of what you write here... but as a confession, over the past few years I find myself not reading certain of the posts carefully, because of the punctuation and spelling issues.
                                I think bahram jan can do this:
                                write his comments on MS-WORD first. since MS-word finds most inconsistencies and underlines them, he can correct them and copy/paste it here.
                                I do it all the time. it helps me write my other mail and correspondence.

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                                Here's a positive note:
                                Qotbi will be gone after the AC
                                (Sorry that was the first thing that came into my mind when thinking abut the post-AC era ).
                                I'm afraid that's the usual story of iranian football: nooshdaroo pas az marge sohrab story that we face way too often!

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                                Team Melli at Asia Cup will be mighty once the Zob Ahan players join in Khalatbari, Hadadifar, Rajabzadeh, M.Hosseini and hopefully Gordan, all these great players + Zandi + Karimi + Aghili + Gh.Rezaei.
                                you are correct that with inclusion of those players, we'd have a stronger roster. (IF ghotbi includes them and uses them correctly)

but the issue of personnel is only one of our areas ghotbi shd look into.

another positive news I hear these days and hope that they are true:

apparently there is going to be more games with high profile and bigger teams.
                                with more games against bigger teams, our players will lose their inhibitions and fear and only grow with confidence and self belief. very much like how japanese and koreans feel.

Comment

Working...
                                X