The "Be positive" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
    games and plays of Europeans / south americans may come trivial to you.....and coaching even more........but it is not that easy......
    1. The level of education of players,
    2. The level of thier psycological heath,
    3. The level of thier intelegence,
    4. the level of thier civilization/Coachability/listening skills/team work/work ethics/etc,etc,etc etc,etc
    Don't want to be neat-picking here since it's a "positive" thread but:

Points 1 & 3 are totally wrong (unless you mean their football education and football intelligent). How many teams do you see with a striker who has a Msc. in engineering? And Iranians have one of the highest IQ rating in the world

But on the serious note, even (most) players in west Europe are pretty dumb and uneducated, never seen a interview with them that took longer than 2 min?

About point 2 and 4: I wouldn't rate S. American players one bit higher than Iranian ones. I actually would rate them lower as most of them are egocentric psychos

Hey all in all was my post pretty "positive" as we see that are players are not that far behind

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
      zz jaan, above I have modified what you had written, and certainly you could do the comparison yourself to see the changed details. I always appreciate the content of what you write here... but as a confession, over the past few years I find myself not reading certain of the posts carefully, because of the punctuation and spelling issues.
      I advice you to take it easy !
      You may be doing the same thing a typical racist European does to a black guy from Africa, or a middle-easterner, and judge those foreigners by thier accent or bad English...and do n't bother to listen to them..........
      Remember, that African might be much smarter, and more educated, and a wiser person.......but, single minded, surface seeing naive german Guy,would n't see that........
      My advice to you, is ; Listen to what people say, and not, how they say it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        Not only I think those are valid expectations, but also that they are SIMPLE & BASICBASIC How far
        Payman jaan.....I read,and I value your opinion, even if it is wrong...as it may be the opinion of others as well.....
        here the Expectations you mentioned :
        Simple & basic,Wrong player for post,When & where to dribble,Assigned player & Duties,value form/performance,Ignoring fame,Sembalance of tactics,forsight & and being prepared,Plan B,Impartiality,keeping personal stuff out,Not making the same mistake.........
        the best : How far one goes to Cover his favorite coach.....
        .................................................. .................................................. ..
        I am reminded of a joke, about the " Asghar Agha " who had changed his religon to Christianity, but when the lights turned on in a room, he sent a big " Salavat " !!!!
        Suppose the issue is to tell a player, to send his passes to other players on a faster pace, ( as we see a lot in Iranian Football, the ball reciver usualy has to wait and even come back toward a ball that is passed to him, in order to get ).........do you think, it is just as easy as just telling to do so ?..and then he will correct his passes there after ?
        Suppose, a coach tells his Iranian player, to not lose composure,when in front of opponanat goal with a chance to score...........do you think, it will be corrected just as soon as the coach asking so ?

The complications, within the players mind,and its cultural,etc,etc,etc.....plays far more important a roll than what is on the paper........,
        that is why, I suggested our TM to be compared to teams with similar social backgrounds..........which if we do that, TM is doing a great job,within its historical/Cultural backgrounds.........

And as " Covering my favorite coach "............,
        I expected much more from you.....but then again, I too, expected too much !!!

Comment

I advice you to take it easy !
          You may be doing the same thing a typical racist European does to a black guy from Africa, or a middle-easterner, and judge those foreigners by thier accent or bad English...and do n't bother to listen to them..........
          Remember, that African might be much smarter, and more educated, and a wiser person.......but, single minded, surface seeing naive german Guy,would n't see that........
          My advice to you, is ; Listen to what people say, and not, how they say it.
          bahram jan, I can definitely assure you paradigm didnt mean anything negative. neither did he try to downplay WHAT you're saying. this, I am sure of, mate.

I usually write my stuff and mail and other matters using MS-WORD, where the program makes my life easier by underlining my countless spelling mistakes and others.
          might I suggest everyone else to do so too?

also, if you use FIREFOX, it can be set to underline mis-spelled words directly (so we dont have to even use the MS-word)
          I highly recommend firefox, not only for this feature, but becoz it is a much faster browser, highly versatile and safer than IE.
          (I personally keep both firefox and IE, coz some websites dont run well in one or the other. but overwhelmingly use firefox for 99% of my web tasks)

I am reminded of a joke, about the " Asghar Agha " who had changed his religon to Christianity, but when the lights turned on in a room, he sent a big " Salavat " !!!!
          Suppose the issue is to tell a player, to send his passes to other players on a faster pace, ( as we see a lot in Iranian Football, the ball reciver usualy has to wait and even come back toward a ball that is passed to him, in order to get ).........do you think, it is just as easy as just telling to do so ?..and then he will correct his passes there after ?
          Suppose, a coach tells his Iranian player, to not lose composure,when in front of opponanat goal with a chance to score...........do you think, it will be corrected just as soon as the coach asking so ?
          The complications, within the players mind,and its cultural,etc,etc,etc.....plays far more important a roll than what is on the paper........,
          that is why, I suggested our TM to be compared to teams with similar social backgrounds..........which if we do that, TM is doing a great job,within its historical/Cultural backgrounds.........
          And as " Covering my favorite coach "............,
          I expected much more from you.....but then again, I too, expected too much !!!

I guess we just have to disagree.
          I really dont see anything preventing us to do the issues I enumerated in my previous posts. not time, not society, not culture, not ...

if we talk about our lads' shortage of confidence when facing famous players/teams,
          or
          for example, khalatbari's or kaabi's argumentative nature,
          or
          inability to control our stress in the face of unsportsmanlike behavior by most persian gulf teams,
          or
          loss of form or concentration or drive when our players become rich and famous
          or
          our players' usual drop in form and their lack of adaptability seen in our european transfers
          or .... etc, etc, etc
          then your argument of social, cultural, educational and behavioral factors is absolutely correct.

but not in .... (I dont want to write those items again. they're there in my posts)

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            bahram jan, I can definitely assure you paradigm didnt mean anything negative. neither did he try to downplay WHAT you're saying. this, I am sure of, mate.

I usually write my stuff and mail and other matters using MS-WORD, where the program makes my life easier by underlining my countless spelling mistakes and others.
            might I suggest everyone else to do so too?

also, if you use FIREFOX, it can be set to underline mis-spelled words directly (so we dont have to even use the MS-word)
            I highly recommend firefox, not only for this feature, but becoz it is a much faster browser, highly versatile and safer than IE.
            (I personally keep both firefox and IE, coz some websites dont run well in one or the other. but overwhelmingly use firefox for 99% of my web tasks)

I guess we just have to disagree.
            I really dont see anything preventing us to do the issues I enumerated in my previous posts. not time, not society, not culture, not ...
            Paman jaan......I was not offended,and if you see my post,I thanked him........yet,here is what he said :

{ but as a confession, over the past few years I find myself not reading certain of the posts carefully, because of the punctuation and spelling issues. }

to which I asked him to take it easy .

Comment

I remember before the big crash we used to have a spellingcheck/grammar (?) option. I used to make use of it quite often back in the days when my English was even worse than it is now. It could be of great help to some, including myself, if it could be implemented back.
              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                Here's a positive note:
                Qotbi will be gone after the AC
                (Sorry that was the first thing that came into my mind when thinking abut the post-AC era ).
                I have a hunch that Ghotbi will make the final game in AC 2011 but don't have a feeling if he will win it; it could end up like the WAFF. IFF will still decide to keep him until WC 2014, for which we will qualify.

And good suggestion Doc, about using the MS Word for checking the writings here beforehand. When someone has great things to say contentwise, it's always better to say them in an eloquent way as well.

Thank about a Martin Luther King Jr. speech, and the effect his mastery of language played in conveying the messages!
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                  When someone has great things to say contentwise, it's always better to say them in an eloquent way as well.
                  Thank about a Martin Luther King Jr. speech, and the effect his mastery of language played in conveying the messages!
                  I like to see how you write in Farsi.

Comment

Working...
                  X