The reason why this derby did not end in a draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason why this derby did not end in a draw

Was simply that Perspolis was not happy with a point and pushed forward.

Had they shown passive, reactive football like Esteghlal in second half, this would have ended in another lame draw.

Now as they were trying to score a winner, Mohammad Nouri's stupid turnover of course allowed Esteghlal a final, brilliantly executed, counter.

Next time Perspolis won't be that naive again and we will almost certainly see a draw in the next derby again.

That's a bit of a problem in modern football, when two roughly equal team face each other. The more offensive minded team always has a slight disadvantage, which often makes the difference.

I don't agree with that.
    Perspolis under Denizli played brilliant attacking football and playing in their first derby against Esteghlal under marfavi who was a reactive coach, they annihilated SS and beat them 2-1 at the end.
    It was just matter of not executing attacks properly and at the end experienced players of SS made the difference.

GRACIAS PEP

Comment

That's a bit like you claiming a stronger team usually beats a weaker team, and I say I don't agree, as Azerbaidjan recently beat Turkey...

Comment

I agree with martin to a large extend.....

perspolise plan, due to Ali Daei agressive mentality,and thier recent bad games, was to press.......

And..

Esteghlal's plan, was, as mazloomi said at the end of the game, based on counterattacks,and playing behind perspolise defensive line.....

We saw that encounter of plans perfectly during the first half........and secound half, both teams got tired a little,and the game slowed down,due to first half press by PP, and first half fast counters of SS.......

I congradulate PP for its aggressive plan, and congradulate SS even more, for its smarter counter plan.

Comment

True that MR jaan, not to mention the unfairly disallowed goal in the beginning of the first half, motivated Perspolis to make up for the ref's bad call and go all attack in order to score and win the match.

However Iranian's typical sooraakh defense, they did concede from a flawless counterattack and paid the price of playing recklessly yet beautifully, this by itself may be a huge factor in the return game for both teams not to resort to such risky style of football, therefore and as result we may pretty much see yet another derby draw in the return match, hopefully I am wrong, cuz this time we certainly need to give some hard spanking to the Blues Boy!

Comment

I only saw 50 minutes of the game, but I disagree with Martin's post. I think this was like any other derby, both teams didn't go full out, although PP had more ball possesion in the second half. Had Arash Borhani finished one of the three chances he had (at least the one on one) this game wouldn't have been 1-0.

This game was decided by what team made less mistakes and when they made the mistakes. Football these days is very competetive, teams are close. Game is being decided more by who makes the more mistake and how opportunistic the other team is. Last game PP won based on Karim Bagheri's goal and this time, SS won based on the nice vision of the Jabbari and goal scoring ability of the Majidi.

I am SS fan and obviously biased, but I think attacking the space behind the slower PP defesne was the tactic that Mazloomi went for. You could see that from combination of Borhani, Majidi, Maydavoodi from the get go. So it seems natural for SS to sit back and lure PP to attack. In other words, I think SS sitting back was by choice not neccessarily by the PP offense.
            Last edited by Ali Chicago; 10-15-2010, 01:20 PM.
            "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
            Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
            Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post

Now as they were trying to score a winner, Mohammad Nouri's stupid turnover of course allowed Esteghlal a final, brilliantly executed, counter.
              That's harsh on Nouri. He as a offensive midfielder, lost the ball right behind opponent penalty and you call it turn over?

Today, the better team lost and they lost it unjustice. End of story.

Cheers

Comment

Daei 's last 5 games.
                3 (3/15)points from 5 games ( 5GF /7GA )

W7 => Perspolis 1:1 Foulad ( Perspolis concede a goal 45+2' )
                W8 => Perspolis 1:1 Pas ( Perspolis concede a goal 92' )
                W9 => Perspolis 1:1 Shahrdari Tabriz ( Perspolis concede a goal 97' )
                W10 => Perspolis 2:3 Malavan ( Perspolis concede a goal 87' )
                W11=> Perspolis 0:1 Esteghlal ( Perspolis concede a goal 91' )

Perspolis conceding a late goal has been consistance during past 5 games and not exclusive of game vs Esteghlal

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                  Daei 's last 5 games.
                  3 (3/15)points from 5 games ( 5GF /7GA )

W7 => Perspolis 1:1 Foulad ( Perspolis concede a goal 45+2' )
                  W8 => Perspolis 1:1 Pas ( Perspolis concede a goal 92' )
                  W9 => Perspolis 1:1 Shahrdari Tabriz ( Perspolis concede a goal 97' )
                  W10 => Perspolis 2:3 Malavan ( Perspolis concede a goal 87' )
                  W11=> Perspolis 0:1 Esteghlal ( Perspolis concede a goal 91' )

Perspolis conceding a late goal has been consistance during past 5 games and not exclusive of game vs Esteghlal
                  It's obvious that PP has major problem in center D and mostly in counters as Sheis is obviously over-weithed by 10 KGs. This shows mostly late in the game.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                    I agree with martin to a large extend.....
                    perspolise plan, due to Ali Daei agressive mentality,and thier recent bad games, was to press.......
                    And..
                    Esteghlal's plan, was, as mazloomi said at the end of the game, based on counterattacks,and playing behind perspolise defensive line.....
                    We saw that encounter of plans perfectly during the first half........and secound half, both teams got tired a little,and the game slowed down,due to first half press by PP, and first half fast counters of SS.......
                    I congradulate PP for its aggressive plan, and congradulate SS even more, for its smarter counter plan.
                    Now if Mobali had also scored on Daie, I mean PP, the victory would have been sweeter!
                    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Originally posted by Hajagha View Post
                      That's harsh on Nouri. He as a offensive midfielder, lost the ball right behind opponent penalty and you call it turn over?
                      Today, the better team lost and they lost it unjustice. End of story.
                      Cheers
                      Yes, of course, that can happen to an offensive player, but it was not necessary to dribble in that situation and due to PP defending very high and having brought most bodies upfront, the back was wide open and Jabbari and Majidi perfectly took advantage.

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
                      This game was decided by what team made less mistakes and when they made the mistakes. Football these days is very competetive, teams are close. Game is being decided more by who makes the more mistake and how opportunistic the other team is.
                      I don't think SS made less mistakes, the point is when you make a mistake and still got 7 players behind the ball, there will most likely be no consequences, but when you take risks and only have two players left behind the ball, it's a huge chance for the opposition.

I don't mean to critisize SS for their gameplan. Actually it was more wise and clever. Just for the neutral spectator, PP's more naive and risky approach of course is more appreciated.

Comment

Any team,if it is ordered by thier coach, can PRESS,and try to be aggressive.......that does not mean, the said team, is a stronger team !!

We saw that by Kuwait,on TM......Kuwait actualy even won the game.....but were they stronger team ?

PP could not get any thing going......not even against injury caused deficient SS defense..................

How one can explain, that the attacking team,had less chances of scoring ?

Last edited by zzgloo; 10-16-2010, 08:13 AM.

Comment

^ who said PP was the stronger team??

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                            ^ who said PP was the stronger team??
                            me... of course except the D with too much fat around.

BTW, Sheis seems to be fired.

Cheers

Comment

Esteghlal was better in the first half, PP had more ball possession and control in the 2nd, but except for one decent chance they couldn't create much either.

Dangerous scenes at the end of the match were 5-4 in favor of Esteghlal.
                              It was our own strategy to put it on counters with the type of players we have, it was our tactic to let PP make the play. Taken both halves, I'd say both were kinda equal, but it's the scoreline which counts at the end of the day:

Esteghlal 1 - 0 Perspolis

Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Working...
                              X