PFDC on " Crouse Control " !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFDC on " Crouse Control " !

There were Times......with 12 to 15 Moderators at the time....
    There were Times, with Everyday Webmaster participation.....
    There were Times....with lively exchanges.....
    There were Times...with 10 or more moderators older than 40 years of age...
    Good old times !!
    Now a days....PFDC has become exclusively teen to mid twenty youth members.......that even a few remaining vetran Mods are bord with them......
    I am not going any where,yet, this PFDC needs some rethinkings !!and some managerial enthusiasm.!!
    Last edited by zzgloo; 11-17-2010, 10:41 AM.

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
    There were Times......with 12 to 15 Moderators at the time....
    There were Times, with Everyday Webmaster participation.....
    There were Times....with lively exchanges.....
    There were Times...with 10 or more moderators older than 40 years of age...
    Good old times !!
    Now a days....PFDC has become exclusively teen to mid twenty youth members.......that even a few remaining vetran Mods are bord with them......
    I am not going any where,yet, this PFDC needs some rethinkings !!and some managerial enthusiasm.!!
    Nominate Bahram ZZ for a Mod position and head of the revamping committee.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Comment

There were times with useful posts from you as well .

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        There were times with useful posts from you as well .
        Martin jaan.....I am not an ill wisher ( Bad khah ).....,and if you do not take it as an attack, this post has the potential to be the most useful ever.

Comment

Actually I don't have the time for this, but here a short overview on the situation:

- As often before, after a TM failure, traffic has decreased, that is why not so many Mods are needed currently. But still I find all important (and unimportant ) news, pics, stats and videos here, which makes the board a useful place to check. I also cherish such times, as in times with huge traffic, no real discussions can be led anyways.
          - Nevertheless the Moderating department is livelier than barely ever before. There are numerous discussions among the Forum staff members who really dedicate themselves to their volunteer tasks and I can only hardly imagine anyone can seriously say the boards are not moderated enough these days. If you feel we lack Moderators, please contact Essi, the Chief of our Forum Staff department.
          - I think that we have a young team is the reason why there is so much life in this department. Of course for volunteer online work you always have high fluctuation. You can imagine how many Staff members I saw coming and going ever since 2000. Still there are many experienced Staff members around.
          - Front page is also filled with several newspieces per week, and that with only 2 people regulary contributing these days
          - Webmaster is not available for daily business these days for professional reasons, he is, however, available to us for urgent matters.

So overall there indeed is development and change, as in life in general, but PFDC is far from being deserted or not being managed well. But we are always open for constructive proposals.

And although I don't know why this is a matter of F+ Forum, I'll leave this open as we don't want to moderate this Forum as a sign of trust and respect in the F+ members.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post
            Nominate Bahram ZZ for a Mod position and head of the revamping committee.
            Ali jaan.....
            Thanks for the endorsment !!

1-As my first decision....I shall appoint you as " the Chief Of Staff " !!

2- Recruting New Mods ,from experinced vetran members/along with interim Mod personel ( tranings of potential mods and demanding contributions).

3- Total revamping the first page...using the most recent Computer gadgets inovations.....

...A- larger Advertizing area on the first page.
            ...B-Tables,Results,charts,etc,etc..weekly of Iranian league.
            ...c-Most current important video.
            ...D-Monthly Exclusive PFDC VIP Interview.

4-Out look/Addition of several other catagories for threads :

... A-Farsi Only threads ( Inviting members to participate from IRAN ,this could add up to 10,000 members ).
            ....B-Poletical only threads.( High class moderation/Excersize of democresy,weekly poletical interviews,and interactive dialoges).
            ....C-Video threads.....
            ....D-Economic Threads.( business uppertunities,classes,info,etc,etc ).

5- Marketing.

....A- Accepting advertizing from IRAN/UAE/Other countries.
            ....B- Expanded/More agressive, USA / Europe marketings.

4-Developement..

.....A- New and bigger staff.
            .....B- Staff distrebution of assignments/managerial.
            .....C-Weekly specialized/task meetings.
            .....D-Monthly total staff meetings.
            .....E- Expanded Computer abilities/server/archives.( providing info/photo/video space storage to members for fees ).
            .....F- signing PFDC Incorporation/Selling shares to members.
            .....G-stablishing relation with IFF.
            .....H-Stablishing relation with Iranian media.

5-Organization:

....A-Incorporation.
            ....B-Stock holders.
            ....C-Stock holder meetings/and votes for presidency of PFDC.

Comment

Actually I don't have the time for this, but here a short overview on the situation:

- As often before, after a TM failure, traffic has decreased, that is why not so many Mods are needed currently. But still I find all important (and unimportant ) news, pics, stats and videos here, which makes the board a useful place to check. I also cherish such times, as in times with huge traffic, no real discussions can be led anyways.
              - Nevertheless the Moderating department is livelier than barely ever before. There are numerous discussions among the Forum staff members who really dedicate themselves to their volunteer tasks and I can only hardly imagine anyone can seriously say the boards are not moderated enough these days. If you feel we lack Moderators, please contact Essi, the Chief of our Forum Staff department.
              - I think that we have a young team is the reason why there is so much life in this department. Of course for volunteer online work you always have high fluctuation. You can imagine how many Staff members I saw coming and going ever since 2000. Still there are many experienced Staff members around.
              - Front page is also filled with several newspieces per week, and that with only 2 people regulary contributing these days
              - Webmaster is not available for daily business these days for professional reasons, he is, however, available to us for urgent matters.

So overall there indeed is development and change, as in life in general, but PFDC is far from being deserted or not being managed well. But we are always open for constructive proposals.

And although I don't know why this is a matter of F+ Forum, I'll leave this open as we don't want to moderate this Forum as a sign of trust and respect in the F+ members.
              Martin jaan....
              thanks for your post......as I read it very carefuly.....
              Why Not F + ?.....it may be the best place for more seriouse threads....
              I do agree The threads are moderated well......
              Yet, there are more untapped areas...
              1- The up and down of football seasons exist for all medias....we do not see them to deminish thier work.....just adupt/and reemphesize proyarities.
              2-Football /inside and out side IRAN has huge fan base....and more and more turning to computer for thier interests.
              3-With the expantion of members/will come /expantion of advertising/and expantion of revenue/and expantion of staff/and expantion of Hard ware.

Comment

Ok, I just wrote a long reply, but hit on the backspace which unfortunately worked as back button instead of deleting the final character, so here in short:

You named some good ideas, but there are barely people available who are willing and able to contribute much time almost on daily basis for longe periods. We often started new things but had to quit again after people stopped coming online. So we have to stick to stuff we can handle with a few people.

Btw, what I forgot to mention in the previous post is PFDCTV, which I think is a tremendous feature of PFDC. But also this is run by two people, and if they become unavailable, the service will most like be cancelled again, as I doubt we can find anyone with their dedication for this unpaid job.

Comment

Ok, I just wrote a long reply, but hit on the backspace which unfortunately worked as back button instead of deleting the final character, so here in short:

You named some good ideas, but there are barely people available who are willing and able to contribute much time almost on daily basis for longe periods. We often started new things but had to quit again after people stopped coming online. So we have to stick to stuff we can handle with a few people.

Btw, what I forgot to mention in the previous post is PFDCTV, which I think is a tremendous feature of PFDC. But also this is run by two people, and if they become unavailable, the service will most like be cancelled again, as I doubt we can find anyone with their dedication for this unpaid job.
                  I will try my best to immagin how your long reply would have looked like !!
                  Yet, I appreciate your openness.......
                  The level and consistancy of contrebutions from MODS and members...can always be a issue, if it is totaly on valenteer bases.....
                  many young members may have good intentions,yet after a while and after valenteering thier hard work,they may get tired or feel under appreciated...
                  that is why, it can not remain " Totaly " on valenteer bases.....
                  The staff can be consist of different types....
                  1- Upper management : ( those who acctualy get some money )
                  2- secoundary level : ( Those who work on incentives, money or share or other forms of appreciations )
                  3- Free lancers : Conditional contrebution ( periadical tasks and contrebutions )
                  4-Totaly Valenteering staff.
                  5-Interim Mod level ( Those who being tested and trained ,and thier minimal contrebutions ).
                  6-Member level ( selected vetran members and asigning tasks to them).
                  Nevertheless....as the incorporation gets bigger, and revenue increaces,there will be more seriouse tasks, and more seriouse incentives.

Comment

On behalf of all moustachy mods with some grey hair, THANK YOU!!!

ZZ Jan, the vast majority of mods here are expereienced staff members, with a long histroy on PFDC, some of us are around since 10 years (twice before various major forum crashes of 2001, 2003...) age: you can safely say that the vast majority of the mods are abovee the age of 30, some are in their 40ies coupled with few younger mods in perfect internal harmony.

as why F+ is not moderated, whenever did this forum needed to be moderated? This is a "role model forum" for younger members to watch and learn how to contribute in a respectable social manner, that no moderation is actually there needed. Thats why this forum is available for public to watch.
                    Various differences of oppinions exist here but are discussed in such a mature way, that in the end all F+ members are actually friends.

and finally: In the end we are all getting older and PFDC members become on average increasingly younger month by month. Now its our responsibility as mature members of PFDC to contribute to F+ in an educative manner. And whereever we are involved in arguments outside of this forum we all behave as role models, so other members learn and can get into our footsteps.

CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Ok, I just wrote a long reply, but hit on the backspace which unfortunately worked as back button instead of deleting the final character, so
                      here' a suggestion: when such things happen, try doing this:
                      press control + Z
                      it's an "un-do" and you'd get ur text back again. happens t me a lot of times

Comment

I guess once we actually figure out what happened to maij, we might also discover related answers to some of ZZ's questions. It might be part of the intergalactic conspiracy as KC would put it. (Btw. It is "Cruise Control")
                        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

I think that we shouldn't confine the mod staff to age groups. E.g. I'm 25 years old, Agha Kasra is 20 years old but we love and appreciate PFDC and we dedicate ourselves to PFDC to maintain the existing high level, even make it better, whether it be the news or the moderation!

Pls take a look at Persianking. To keep PFDCTV up and running is a fantastic job and we all appreciate his achievements for PFDC, how old is he? 18!

So it's not a matter of age! Intellect and commitment are the formula for success!

Edit: Ah I forgot, Sibil experience is also necessary
                          Last edited by persianallstars; 11-18-2010, 04:25 AM.
                          TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

Last edited by leviathan; 11-18-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Thank you all....
                              Adesor....Martin Reza,....Under lahaf.....Leviathan.....police in helicopter.......Essi, .....maij.....Simorgh......Aghakasra....persianKin g....etc,etc......and also Webmaster.......
                              You are all special...and dedicate your efforts and time,unconditionaly and from goodness of your hearts.......
                              We have something special here....and all of us including the members, have created a BOND amongst ourseleves,.....and in a way, we are a Cyber family..........
                              But at the end...............it is important to deciede what is it that we have here ?.....
                              Is PFDC a Vulenteer club ?......or is it a Business ?
                              As long as we have not decieded which,there will be stagnations,and fluctuations.......
                              Last edited by zzgloo; 11-18-2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X