Iran's league - 18 or 16 teams?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran's league - 18 or 16 teams?

We all have heard and seen teams and coaches complaining of the frequency of games and how close they are to each other, which affects the quality of performances, high rate of injuries among players and generally creating lots of problems for coaches & clubs.

considering the foolish set of unnecessary breaks we have in our league for all sorts of religious and c0ckamamie events which compresses the schedule even further, thus making life even more difficult for the teams, not to mention the clash in IPL's schedule and the rest of asia's (I really dont know why we had to coordinate our schedule with that of europe's. we're not playing in europe. why did our buffoons at IFF use the european calendar? which brain-dead moron came up with this gem of an idea?), I dont think it would be a bad idea to reduce the number of teams to 16 in our league.

yes, it would be unfair to the bottom teams. but I still think it would benefit our football.
    at least until the day we correct our scheduling and remove those unnecessary breaks.

a look at the ACL, we usually see our rival clubs seem more fresh, more relaxed and less tired once they enter the games. but at the same time we see our clubs come in with a bunch of tired, half-emptied players, some of whom may also be injured due to the long season.
    look at sepahan and SS last ACL season. fatigue, injuries and stress was evident in them and no wonder they fell.
    but the arab clubs come in less fatigued due to the lower number of teams in their leagues, which allows them time to recover and recuperate during their season.

I also would think the quality of the IPL games would be elevated. there'd be less injuries and fatigue at the end of the season (which often coincides with other asian tournaments too).

is 16 for a country of 70 million ideal?
    NO.
    18 is perfect.
    but we are not in an ideal set up and we make life even more difficult by bringing stupid, unrelated stuff into our football to boost!

I swear Iran is the only country in the world that is not capable of making a schedule even though they are aware of 90% of the upcoming games of the year!

Even the Dutch amateur leagues have total league schedules with dates and times set and they always follow them through! They already know what date and what time they will be playing which team 6 months from now.

In Iran we're not even sure 2 hours before kickoff

In my opinion it doesn't even matter how many teams we have in our league, even if we would have 2 or 30 teams in the league, these morons can not make it work properly, period.
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

I think 18 is good. Pro teams in Europe play 3 games per week at times. In Iran Cocahes and players claim they are pro and ask for pro money, so they should be able to play 3 games per week and stop *****ing period. They also need to learn how to pick players during the off season, so the team won't be too much reliant on 2-3 players (have 2 comparable players in each post).
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
      Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
      Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
      sigpic

Comment

i think we are not able, nor do we have the necessary planning or infrastructure to have an 18 team league, nor a 16 league system. i believe the best for iran is to reduce the number of the teams to either 14 teams or even better 12 teams and create a SUPER league.

lets be honest, there are always 3-4 teams in the league that are odd and always struggle at the bottom of the league!!!

with a 14 or 12 league system, teams have enough time between games for ACL or hazfi cup, and the games can be equally spread out over 7-8 month which would be great for TM friendlies and on expected cancellation, weather, lighting, tv etc.........technical difficulties.

i do no know what the reasons are to have a 18 team league when we struggle to organize a nice, clean schedule every year.
        IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
          i think we are not able, nor do we have the necessary planning or infrastructure to have an 18 team league, nor a 16 league system. i believe the best for iran is to reduce the number of the teams to either 14 teams or even better 12 teams and create a SUPER league.

lets be honest, there are always 3-4 teams in the league that are odd and always struggle at the bottom of the league!!!

with a 14 or 12 league system, teams have enough time between games for ACL or hazfi cup, and the games can be equally spread out over 7-8 month which would be great for TM friendlies and on expected cancellation, weather, lighting, tv etc.........technical difficulties.

i do no know what the reasons are to have a 18 team league when we struggle to organize a nice, clean schedule every year.

Iran is 70 million now and many regions of the country want to be represented. Currently for example Khorasan and Fars Mazandaran have no representation. Hence 18 teams. Specially with the decline of football spectators in the stadiums in Tehran, it is even more important for other cities stay involved IMO.
          "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
          Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
          Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X