Please See this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please See this

I ask for 9 minutes of your busy schedule. This is probably old and you may have seen it, but still watch it. It was done in June 2009. Don't get bored by the first 3 minutes, I liked what he said during his interview around 4:03 so much that I added it as my signature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0c8e...eature=related

The most contribution Ghotbi did to Iran and Iranian was the fact that he impacted the cultural atmosphere in our football. Call me crazy but even mere presense of Ghotbi and the way he managed himself in his interviews and on and off the field, accelerated the pace of improvements in many of our coaches (as an example GN).

There is a famous quote that goes something like, "Great people create changes, without knowing or wanting, they live their own lives and their presense impact things". I think it fits Ghotbi in this limited scenario.

This doesn't mean he is a saint or a god given gift. We all have strengths and weaknesses but Ghotbi for the most part has been the source of positive influence in our football.

THANK YOU Mr. GHOTBI.
    Last edited by Ali Chicago; 12-30-2010, 01:42 PM.
    "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."
    Afshin Ghotbi ( Former TM Head Coach)

Nasser Hejazi was the Takhti of our football.
    Mohammad Panjali (Former PP and TM Captain)
    sigpic

Huh, that will become an interesting thread once the Ghotbi bashers come online...

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
      Huh, that will become an interesting thread once the Ghotbi bashers come online...

I know Martin, I am not a fan of the man, I am fan of what he said, especially one around 4th minute. Ghotbi maybe unknowingly, with his mere presense impacted the culture in our football. No wonder many fans right away, embraced his fresh approach.
      "When I see the good in you, you get motivated, feel good about yourself and that creates synergy. It creates an environment where everybody can work better together. I think in the Iranian culture it becomes very ordinary to always see the bad in each other."

sigpic

Comment

before making my comments, I'd like to ask where was this interview done? was it in Qotbi's uncle's restaurant (where he invited the media journalists for lunch-cum-press conference?)?

just joking. but I'd like to hope this was done in TM camp. it seemed like it.

now, to the topic:
        I really dont think anyone has much of a bone to pick with qotbi's calm, gentle and quiet mannerism which is a sea change from 95% of iranian coaches.
        nobody says he talks rashly or is ill mannered like QN, or is rude like misaghian, or is full of garbage talk like mayeli.
        so what are we proving here?

in fact given his mannerism and supreme ability of self propagation, I think he would be an extremely successful Public Relations officer for team melli, the likes of which we've never seen before.

if you had noticed, ppl talk about & are critical of his technical abilities (or shortage of them, actually), not how gently he talks.

ps: btw, this interview reminds me of many other "arranged interviews" and articles of his supporters and backers (like the football-media). basically it has a "phony & artificial air" to it, filled with well-placed and pre-arranged questions.

Comment

I am goinng to repeat what I mentioned here, on this forum about three years ago.......with conversations I had with " Mansoor ", who was one hell of Ghotbi basher, .....

Ghotbi, is a unique Phenamina.....

Forget who deserves what....as TM has had many many coaches who did not deserve the job, and he will soon be joining the Ex-Coachs rank of TM....
          But,
          He has narrowed the gap between " US " out side Iranians and " Them ", inside Iranians.......
          He is a great representetive of us outsiders....as he negated nagative views toward foriegn living Iranians ,within IRAN......and made us closer to one another....
          He Certainly should be considered a very smart individual, from a back ground of no body, to building his resume, and investing in himself toward his goals...
          Pushing himself in USA Football federation,getting football licence,....fininding ways to work with Big names in Coaching, be it as analyst or even Janitor.....
          Learning, and improving his resume,without considerations for money or importance of where he lives, and how he lives.......
          His adaptability to Korean lives, European lives, or Islamic life......his intelegent treatment of Iranian media,and hazardus Islamic system...etc,etc...

His life and work should never be judged by how good a coach he may have been......but, by, a man who knew what he wanted,knowledge of his limitations, planning for success and manipulating odds to get to his goals....

His life, Although successful story of an Iranian...yet, it is also what is known as an " American Dream ".......

I for one, would never look at him with typical Iranian jealousy seen by some youth on this site.......,

......but, as a story to get inspired by !

Last edited by zzgloo; 12-30-2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dvader6 View Post
            before making my comments, I'd like to ask where was this interview done? was it in Qotbi's uncle's restaurant (where he invited the media journalists for lunch-cum-press conference?)?

just joking. but I'd like to hope this was done in TM camp. it seemed like it.

now, to the topic:
            I really dont think anyone has much of a bone to pick with qotbi's calm, gentle and quiet mannerism which is a sea change from 95% of Iranian coaches.
            nobody says he talks rashly or is ill mannered like QN, or is rude like misaghian, or is full of garbage talk like mayeli.
            so what are we proving here?

in fact given his mannerism and supreme ability of self propagation, I think he would be an extremely successful Public Relations officer for team melli, the likes of which we've never seen before.

if you had noticed, ppl talk about & are critical of his technical abilities (or shortage of them, actually), not how gently he talks.

ps: btw, this interview reminds me of many other "arranged interviews" and articles of his supporters and backers (like the football-media). basically it has a "phony & artificial air" to it, filled with well-placed and pre-arranged questions.
            Aziz;

I totally agree with your comments about atmosphere of the interview.

But more importantly; this thread is about a behavior not about a person. Believe me. I wish all of us, you, I, Neda, start to see the good in each other and worked harder to find COMMON GROUND rather than our differences. I am not saying to shove under the carpet our difference, we need to discuss, disagree, argue our difference, but rather stress on our common grounds and agree to disagree in respectful manners.

Please see my post in the Vahid Hashemian thread. I disagreed with what Agha Bahram posted about Vahid as in many other instances. But Credit to Bahram despite our disagreements, we can find common grounds. We need criticisms, but we all (myself included) need to learn to have dialog. When we discuss something, I need to learn to truly listen to what you say, think about it, see it from your point of view, before replying to it. I personally confess, many times I haven't done that. Again this is the message I am trying to promote not the Person. That is why I added part of the interview to my signature.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
              But,
              He has narrowed the gap between " US " out side Iranians and " Them ", inside Iranians.......
              He is a great representetive of us outsiders....as he negated nagative views toward foriegn living Iranians ,within IRAN......and made us closer to one another....

ey aghaaaaa!!!
              bahram jan .... if I were you I'd be very much worries about ppl misunderstanding my remarks here.
              maybe someone will say "ahaaaa, so you have a personal, vested interest in supporting this chap ... instead of keeping the benefits of TM at heart & a priority"
              I'd be very careful, becoz it can easily turn into the above.

I'm not sure and would hope to be wrong, but from here it looks some of us have mixed our "personal agenda or personal desires or dreams" with the issue of ghotbi.
              I hope I'm wrong. but it looks like some of us say "if he's accepted, then maybe it paves the way for me and the likes of me".
              all perfectly fine, imo.
              in fact quite understandable & logical. (not very noble, though)

BUT IN THE MIDST OF IT ALL, WE FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE when we talk about ghotbi or what at all we discuss a person named ghotbi .... and that is TEAM MELLI

are we looking after our personal dreams here, or are we trying to find what and whom serves the TM the most?
              which one?

if it is our own personal agenda, then bezan berim dadash. lets back him , so he becomes our "jaddeh saaf kon" and we can follow.

but if it is TM, then we better focus on how he can help the team. and frankly, in the past 2 years he's not done nearly enough to justify his reign for that period. seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by zzgloo View Post
                I am goinng to repeat what I mentioned here, on this forum about three years ago.......with conversations I had with " Mansoor ", who was one hell of Ghotbi basher, .....
                Ghotbi, is a unique Phenamina.....
                Forget who deserves what....as TM has had many many coaches who did not deserve the job, and he will soon be joining the Ex-Coachs rank of TM....
                But,
                He Certainly should be considered a very smart individual, from a back ground of no body, to building his resume, and investing in himself toward his goals...
                Pushing himself in USA Football federation,getting football licence,....fininding ways to work with Big names in Coaching, be it as analyst or even Janitor.....
                Learning, and improving his resume,without considerations for money or importance of where he lives, and how he lives.......
                His adaptability to Korean lives, European lives, or Islamic life......his intelegent treatment of Iranian media,and hazardus Islamic system...etc,etc...
                His life and work should never be judged by how good a coach he may have been......but, by, a man who knew what he wanted,knowledge of his limitations, planning for success and manipulating odds to get to his goals....
                His life, Although successful story of an Iranian...yet, it is also what is known as an " American Dream ".......
                I for one, would never look at him with typical Iranian jealousy seen by some youth on this site.......,
                ......but, as a story to get inspired by !
                Interesting angle Agha Bahram.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Chicago View Post

But more importantly; this thread is about a behavior not about a person. Believe me. I wish all of us, you, I, Neda, start to see the good in each other and work...........
                  ah. then my apologies.
                  if we're talking about "behavior" of our coaches, then you are right and qotbi's gentle demeanor shd be an example for the rest of our coaches and officials to model.

(for a second I thought we are talking about the head coach of our nat'l team & his abilities & ....)

but then, I did say I doubt anyone has any problems with his gentleness and quiet mannerism. and everyone is on board on this subject.

so what's the point we're trying to make, again?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                    ey aghaaaaa!!!
                    bahram jan .... if I were you I'd be very much worries about ppl misunderstanding your remarks here.
                    maybe someone will say "aaaha, so you have a personal, vest interest in supporting this chap ... instead of keeping the benefits of TM at heart & a priority"

I'm not sure and would hope to be wrong, but from here it looks some of us have mixed our "personal agenda or personal desires or dreams" with the issue of ghotbi.
                    I hope I'm wrong. but it looks like some of us say "if he's accepted, then maybe it paves the way for me and the likes of me".
                    all perfectly fine, imo.
                    in fact quite noble.

BUT IN THE MIDST OF IT ALL, WE FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE when we talk about ghotbi or what at all we discuss a person named ghotbi .... and that is TEAM MELLI

are we looking after our personal dreams here, or are we trying to find what and whom serves the TM the most?
                    which one?

if it is our own personal agenda, then bezan berim dadash. lets back him , so he becomes our "jaddeh saaf kon" and we can follow.

but if it is TM, then we better focus on how he can help the team. and frankly, in the past 2 years he's not done nearly enough to justify his reign for that period. seriously.

Doctor Jaan;

I am sorry you see everything from a pessimistic point of view. What personal Agend you and I can have here. All of us are bunch of football Khoreh, that is all. It is about the message not the Person. It is about the Behavior not the person. Without typical Iranian (khayeh Malli Excuse my French) you have a great analytical and independent mind, but this pessimism doesn't allow it to be fully utilized.

I am sure your heard the quote "Give a man a fish and he can feed himself for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he can feed himself for the rest of his life".

As the peom goes "Parvaz ra be khater bespar Parandeh raftanish", or as Go_Daie our beloved member has this quote by Zorastar in his signature

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                    به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

In any management class in US, they teach you to criticize the behavior not the person. It is about the behavior not Ghotbi. Ghotbi will be gone after Asian cup, but hopefully what he sow in our football culture won't disappear.

Again, this is about behavior, if today Daie or even Branko which I have criticized them over and over do it, I support the behavior.

This doesn't mean he is the best coach, or a super natural by any means. Let's keep these two seperated.
                    Last edited by Ali Chicago; 12-30-2010, 03:06 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Interesting angle Agha Bahram.
                      Ali jaan....I know, we both are in same stand toward Ghotbi......
                      But, Many people do not know the difference,
                      between,
                      " BIROON E GOUD ", and sitting in thier home and analysing " 4-2-3-1 " system, and Judgeing systems, and changing players on the paper and solving all the problems of Iranian football......
                      And,
                      Acctualy, leaving thier living room and TV set, and go to IRAN Win The championship of Iranian Football league, and becoming the head coach of TM......

........It takes lot more than, analysing 4-2-3-1 !!!

Comment

Doctor Jaan;..........
                        ali jan, it is a bit difficult for me to dissociate ghotbi from his role in our football at present & from why we talk about him in a football forum.

it seems you are delving on an individual's behavior, irrespective of what his job is. but I fail to see the reason it shd come up in a football forum. I mean I can bring up a poet's or a writer's individual behavior which shd be exemplary to the rest of us iranians. but would it be fitting in a football forum?

and I think you all know me. for me, the bottomline is the TM.
                        I'd rather have someone with crappy manners of GN or F. karimi or hassan agha baghaal, but be technically useful to the team.
                        rather than have an angel, the epitome of heavenly discourse, but fail to do jack in 2 yrs at the helm.

I'll take the first guy as my football coach. and the second guy as my family friend who will enthrall and enlighten me and my family everytime

Comment

ey aghaaaaa!!!
                          bahram jan .... if I were you I'd be very much worries about ppl misunderstanding my remarks here.
                          maybe someone will say "ahaaaa, so you have a personal, vested interest in supporting this chap ... instead of keeping the benefits of TM at heart & a priority"

all perfectly fine, imo.
                          in fact quite understandable & logical. (not very noble, though)

which one?

This was a very narrow view,
                          Although, I have seen your comments here for the last 5 years.....but, it sounds like you started when you were 5 years old....
                          ........I have to respond...not for you to know, but, for the others to see,the difference in views.........
                          You are better off staying with analysing 4-2-3-1...

You are assasinating My charactor.....to negate the issue at hand ?!!!
                          You are saying, because I have personal interest in IRAN, and worry about my investements in IRAN, I want Iranians out side and inside to get closer !!!
                          what a shameful view !!
                          Although, you are right,...I do want Iranians , out side and inside to get closer ..............!
                          But, I certainly do not want us ,you and me, to get any closer !

Comment

^ bahram jan,
                            I did not assess your character. and if it appears that way, then I am sorry.

but the gist of the issue was how that post could be perceived.

you see, it looked like on one hand it is :
                            1- what a national team coach shd do in terms of his job and duties, which is betterment of the team
                            versus
                            2- an iranian-american has got a foot in, so we shd support him BECOZ HE'S AN IRANIAN-AMERICAN ... and forget about what he is capable of or whether he can add to the team.

I, too, want iranians outside and inside iran to get closer and remove the walls of mistrust (created by this regime especially).
                            absolutely right.
                            but that is a political/social matter.
                            THIS is about the head coach of a football team
                            these are two different issues

in other words, if they catch my brother and say you go and coach TM, I'd oppose it as vehemently as this.
                            becoz this selection shd not be based on anything BUT HIS ABILITY TO ADD TO & HELP THE TEAM.

I hope now you see where I come from

just a note; I didnt say you "were worried about your investments in iran".
                            I think a second read would clarify this

Comment

ali jan, it is a bit difficult for me to dissociate ghotbi from his role in our football at present & from why we talk about him in a football forum.

it seems you are delving on an individual's behavior, irrespective of what his job is. but I fail to see the reason it shd come up in a football forum. I mean I can bring up a poet's or a writer's individual behavior which shd be exemplary to the rest of us iranians. but would it be fitting in a football forum?

and I think you all know me. for me, the bottomline is the TM.
                              I'd rather have someone with crappy manners of GN or F. karimi or hassan agha baghaal, but be technically useful to the team.
                              rather than have an angel, the epitome of heavenly discourse, but fail to do jack in 2 yrs at the helm.

I'll take the first guy as my football coach. and the second guy as my family friend who will enthrall and enlighten me and my family everytime

Payman Jaan;

TM is part of our football. If someone with his behavior can change a paradigm I think in the long run it is a great thing.

This post of mine doesn't mean to imply Ghotbi's coaching decision are flawless and his performance shouldn't be analyzed or criticized. That is a tactical point of view and is very valid.

If you will, this post and impact of Ghotbi is a higher level 30 thousand feet view which is even boyond our football and impact our society. One can appreciate and acknowledge it without selling his soul and become a blind follower of Ghotbi I think.

One more point, if someone has an analytical, cultured, experienced, he/she will take all that with himself/herself. Those personality traits means, one can discuss things wiht him, suggest alternatives, etc. So If I have a choice I want this guy (granted he has flaws) to make decisions and be in charge, rather than someone who is temperemental, short sighted, super emotional (we have great examples of them already GN in his early days of coaching until 2008 and Mr. Daie).

Again, this doesn't mean Ghotbi's footballing decision are flawless. They need/should/must be analyzed, examined and criticized.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X